PDA

View Full Version : D-Rose or Prime Zeke?

Mass Debator
10-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Team consists of:
Ray Allen
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh
Chris Birdman Andersen

Everyone in their prime. Derrick Rose or Isiah Thomas, who ya got to complete this line up?

http://a.espncdn.com/espnradiostations/i/espnnewyork/radio/features/Thomas_Rose130610_576.jpg

nightprowler10
10-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Rose hasn't hit his prime yet, so I don't know. But I think in most cases I would take one of the greatest PGs of all time.

fos
10-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Little Stevie Nash

Mass Debator
10-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Rose hasn't hit his prime yet, so I don't know. But I think in most cases I would take one of the greatest PGs of all time.
How great do you think Rose's peak will be?

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I like that you gave me the other players on the team. That's what I hate the most about these kinds of threads. Give me Zeke though.

get these NETS
10-23-2013, 12:22 PM
team you described sounds a lot like a typical pistons lineup during bad boy era

bosh=laimbeer ....deadly outside shooter
birdman=spider salley hustler on glass and defense

ray and shane= somewhat similiar to vinnie j. and dumars

have to pick Isiah

Rose is a good player but Isiah's teams went to war against and BEAT the teams featuring Jordan,Bird and Magic .

Rose has had regular season success...that's it

greymatter
10-23-2013, 12:24 PM
With low efficiency scoring being roughly equal, edge would have to go to the guy who had superior defense and pg skills.

Sakkreth
10-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Nice photo of Zeke with some fan. What was the question again ?

Trollsmasher
10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Nice photo of Zeke with some fan. What was the question again ?
this

Go Getter
10-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Zeke [after much consideration]

Crystallas
10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
team you described sounds a lot like a typical pistons lineup during bad boy era

:biggums:

demons2005
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
The Zeke-mold pg's are perpetually overrated. He was primarily relying on teammates to win his two titles there is no question Rose would have won as many with those teammates. In basketball the game comes down to which teams score more points and clearly Rose is going to help you there more than Zeke.

get these NETS
10-23-2013, 12:50 PM
:biggums:

the center that operates outside and doesn't clog the lane

laimbeer wasn't a post presence and neither is bosh

demons2005
10-23-2013, 12:52 PM
People picking Zeke are misinterpreting this thread. It's not "Whose supporting cast most closely resembles these 4 players" it's who would you take on this team. Just because Isiah played with similar players doesn't mean he's the better pick.

get these NETS
10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
The Zeke-mold pg's are perpetually overrated. He was primarily relying on teammates to win his two titles there is no question Rose would have won as many with those teammates. In basketball the game comes down to which teams score more points and clearly Rose is going to help you there more than Zeke.

isiah was a STAR player......from the giddy-up

once his team got balance ......he became a champion

watch the duel with he and peak bernard king in playoffs to see my point about him being a legit star

and for the record....if the game comes down to more points......why didn't the up and down Nash era Suns.....or the up and down 80s Nuggets....or the up and down fast pace Mavs ..ever win ANYTHING?

stop playing, please

hateraid
10-23-2013, 01:16 PM

birdman=spider salley hustler on glass and defense

ray and shane= somewhat similiar to vinnie j. and dumars

have to pick Isiah

Rose is a good player but Isiah's teams went to war against and BEAT the teams featuring Jordan,Bird and Magic .

Rose has had regular season success...that's it

I don't see that at all?
Ray and Dumars are not similar as well as Vinnie and Shane outside of position and roles.
Current Heat is VERY different from Bad Boys Pistons

Same for Bosh and Laimbeer. Bosh is as timid as a mouse and Laimbeer messed with anybody on the court. Laimbeer got in peoples heads

That being said I would take Zeke
Rose I would put on a team that required a primary scorer.

Vertical-24
10-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't think we've seen enough of Rose yet to really make the assessment.
Due to the injury, we were deprived of an entire season of Derrick Rose's play. Give him another season or two and then it will be a better question.

Currently, i'm going to have to say Isiah. The team you put together is tailor-made for his play style. And he's a proven winner and 2x champion. Its gotta be him.

Bigsmoke
10-24-2013, 02:11 AM
The North Lawndale native

bdreason
10-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Zeke would be the best PG in the NBA if he played today. Get back to me when D-Rose or CP3 lead their team to back-to-back titles.

bdreason
10-24-2013, 02:15 AM
People picking Zeke are misinterpreting this thread. It's not "Whose supporting cast most closely resembles these 4 players" it's who would you take on this team. Just because Isiah played with similar players doesn't mean he's the better pick.

Well let's see then. Zeke was a better scorer, better passer, better leader, and more mentally tough. I would take Zeke on any team over D-Rose. I'm not trying to hate on D-Rose, but we're talking about the 2nd best PG in the history of the game here.

Young X
10-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Zeke would be the best PG in the NBA if he played today. Get back to me when D-Rose or CP3 lead their team to back-to-back titles.So more team success = better player?

Would you rank Thomas or even Billups over Oscar Robertson?

bdreason
10-24-2013, 02:21 AM
So more team success = better player?

It's not just about team success. And yes, I would rank Thomas over Robertson... but mainly because I find it difficult to rank players from an era I never got to see.

Not sure why you would even bother bringing Billups into the conversation.

Bigsmoke
10-24-2013, 02:22 AM
So more team success = better player?

Chill..Zeke was a monster back in the day

TheReturn
10-24-2013, 02:38 AM
It's not just about team success. And yes, I would rank Thomas over Robertson... but mainly because I find it difficult to rank players from an era I never got to see.

Not sure why you would even bother bringing Billups into the conversation.
Because it makes all the sense in the world to bring up Billups if you look at your previous post.

NumberSix
10-24-2013, 05:22 AM
The one that isn't an autistic robot.

Lebron23
10-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Give me Zeke. He was a beast in the playoffs.

TheReal Kendall
10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I would take Zeke. I don't think Rose is in his prime.

Also people are underrating a Prime Ray and Prime Bosh.

I say you win rings with both Rose and Zeke. No wrong choice.

This team would beat the Heat team.

Trollsmasher
10-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I mean Zeke had heart. Almost put his team over the top on one leg and would've won another ring if not for a BS call.

Rose would've sit out a season after rolling that ankle.

redhonda76
10-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Prime Zeke without a doubt. He was playing during the era where handchecking and physical defense were allowed. No disrespect to today's players but the NBA made today's game design to benefit ball handlers, which is why the PG positions are so stacked.

SamuraiSWISH
10-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Zeke, easily. He'd feast on this weak perimeter defensive officiated league.