PDA

View Full Version : Durant eventually to Houston, joins Harden / Dwight?

SamuraiSWISH
10-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Jalen Rose predicts it will happen. Durant and Harden being great friends, OKC having made the mistake of breaking up that young, talented trio a bit too early. Competing with the likes of other "big three" caliber teams. Does anyone else find it plausible Durant would move to Houston to play for the Rockets, re-unite with his butt buddy Harden and form another big three in Clutch City?

Jalen also predicted Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love would both make their way to LA to play for the Lakers during this whole processs. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting hypothetical. Thoughts?

All Net
10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Will Houston have the money?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2013, 02:15 PM
That would be a scary trio.

russwest0
10-23-2013, 02:19 PM
People are getting Durant confused with LeBron

riseagainst
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
and the streak lives on:bowdown:

LeGOAT
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
I have yet do see you post something that doesn't have Tojo do with Lebron

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 02:27 PM
we're talking about it on clutchfans. let me go find a link. a guy pretty much sums up how it's possible.

russwest0
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
I have yet do see you post something that doesn't have Tojo do with Lebron

If you were truly looking at my posts you'd see thats not true at all, turns out you have yet to reply to anything of mine that doesn't include LeBron, so who is the dickrider here, LeGOAT?

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
For people who think the whole cap thing prevents this from happening, it actually won't. I actually thought about this earlier in the summer.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...5&postcount=35

Because Howard has an opt-out clause in 2016, this actually HELPS the Rockets chances of landing Durant. Because Howard can take less than max and fit Durant in with both players taking a bit less than absolute max. It requires some cap management. But if Durant states from back channels that he wants to be in Houston, Morey WILL make the necessary moves to make sure everyone but rookie contracts expire in 2016. This is easier than one may think, at slight but not ridiculous cost to the roster.

francesco totti
10-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Not for the time being, but some time in the future when durant grows frustration of not winning a ring. he will pull a lebron, or form a team like kevin garnett ray allen paul pierce did...
eventually many superstars left their teams when they didnt win. Allen iverson another player in my head, went to denver.

it will be intresting to see, because i dont see durant winning a ring in okc. they just dont seem to have strong tools and financial muscle to build great role players around him

Doranku
10-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Who knows? Durant is obsessed with becoming the kind of player that LeBron is. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to follow his career path by forming a superteam.

riseagainst
10-23-2013, 04:15 PM
If you were truly looking at my posts you'd see thats not true at all, turns out you have yet to reply to anything of mine that doesn't include LeBron, so who is the dickrider here, LeGOAT?

dat ether

:bowdown:

HurricaneKid
10-23-2013, 04:21 PM
For people who think the whole cap thing prevents this from happening, it actually won't. I actually thought about this earlier in the summer.

Because Howard has an opt-out clause in 2016, this actually HELPS the Rockets chances of landing Durant. Because Howard can take less than max and fit Durant in with both players taking a bit less than absolute max. It requires some cap management. But if Durant states from back channels that he wants to be in Houston, Morey WILL make the necessary moves to make sure everyone but rookie contracts expire in 2016. This is easier than one may think, at slight but not ridiculous cost to the roster.

No. First off, no player has EVER opted out to take less from the same team. Its silly.

Secondly, if he opted out his cap hold would be enormous and if they rescinded it they couldn't even offer a 5th year. So they would have to sign Dwight first. Which means they wouldn't have ANY money left for Durant, who will almost certainly be the best player in the NBA at that time.

Haymaker
10-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Who knows? Durant is obsessed with becoming the kind of player that LeBron is. Wouldn't surprise me if he tried to follow his career path by forming a superteam.

This. Lebron brutally popped Durant's cherry in the finals and now he's obsessed with him in a traumatic way.

NumberSix
10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Durant is like 2 steps away from getting "make me look like LeBron" plastic surgery.

KyleKong
10-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-_K3gWqaBk&list=UUwLr_DYKR8aS0k4r8bB5I5Q

I think Jalen missed the reason why Kevin Durant would leave OKC in the first place, and that is if Westbrook leaves first.

I think Westbrook and Love going to the Lakers is more likely than Durant leaving for Houston first.

But Durant will not stay in OKC if he is the only superstar on the team.

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't want Durant here until we beat him in a series. I'm still pissed that he said, "this my city!" in a game against the 8th seed Houston Rockets last season. What type of clown talks crap to the 8th seed? That's why he'll never be as good as LeFlop James

guy
10-23-2013, 05:00 PM
That Lakers team still probably wouldn't be that great.

OldSkoolball#52
10-23-2013, 06:06 PM
OKC having made the mistake of breaking up that young, talented trio a bit too early.

The mistake wasn't breaking up the trio. They couldn't afford to pay all those guys, especially with Perkins awful contract already on the books.

The mistake was trading Harden instead of Westbrook.

Knicksfever2010
10-23-2013, 06:11 PM
jalen rose also made this prediction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuReEL7cDc

russwest0
10-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't want Durant here until we beat him in a series. I'm still pissed that he said, "this my city!" in a game against the 8th seed Houston Rockets last season. What type of clown talks crap to the 8th seed? That's why he'll never be as good as LeFlop James

The same LeFlop james that was showboating when they beat Cleveland in the regular season last year? :oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nash
10-23-2013, 06:25 PM
no, but Kevin Love will join them in okc

Fudge
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Loool

branslowski
10-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Durant please don't become another scared athlete running to a power house.:facepalm

More top 15 players joining eachother instead of wanting to beat eachother, league would become a ho fest.

I remeber enjoying those Heat vs Cavs games with Bron vs Wade, wanted to see 2 of the top 3 players in the league duke it out for a title birth...Instead, we get colluding aka bitchassness.

I wouldn't mind watch Durant/Westbrook vs Harden/Dwight in a playoff series, but If Durant runs to the Rockets ima root against him for taking the LeBron route and being a pusse. Don't do it Durant, stay wit ya Day 1 squad.

Le Shaqtus
10-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Durant is like 2 steps away from getting "make me look like LeBron" plastic surgery.

He's really not though :lol

Haymaker
10-23-2013, 07:00 PM
The mistake wasn't breaking up the trio. They couldn't afford to pay all those guys, especially with Perkins awful contract already on the books.

The mistake was trading Harden instead of Westbrook.

They re-signed Ibaka to a ridiculous contract before negotiating with Harden.

Mr. Incredible
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

BlazerRed
10-23-2013, 07:32 PM

LOL at anyone thinking Dwight would consider taking a penny less than he could get elsewhere. Dwight doesn't give a shit about winning, it's all about ego and money.

TheReturn
10-23-2013, 07:52 PM
So much can happen before then..

Sarcastic
10-23-2013, 08:02 PM
LOL at anyone thinking Dwight would consider taking a penny less than he could get elsewhere. Dwight doesn't give a shit about winning, it's all about ego and money.

He took less money to go to Houston. If he only cared about the money he would've stayed in LA.

Mr Exlax
10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
He took less money to go to Houston. If he only cared about the money he would've stayed in LA.

Boom

PickernRoller
10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Lebron has set up such a precedent on the league. Now everyone predicts super teams is the only way to go. Talk about a plague Lefraud is. The Dark ages of basketball are coming, brace yourself.

knicksman
10-23-2013, 10:59 PM
i wouldnt be surprised. Hes another beta

Mr. Incredible
10-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Lebron has set up such a precedent on the league. Now everyone predicts super teams is the only way to go. Talk about a plague Lefraud is. The Dark ages of basketball are coming, brace yourself.
HAHA dat POWER.

Feelsgoodman.

I<3NBA
10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
opposing teams would foul out before the games ends. all three force a lot of fouls. every Rockets game would be a parade to the FT line.

talkingconch
10-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Basically its the Lebron Domino effect

OldSkoolball#52
10-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Basically its the Lebron Domino effect

So its a Lebromino effect?

bluechox2
10-24-2013, 12:53 AM
is there anyway the nba can cut out this bspn

bdreason
10-24-2013, 02:11 AM
OKC just keeps degrading their roster. Traded Jeff Green. Traded James Harden. Let Kevin Martin walk.

At some point Durant is going to realize that winning with a team that refuses to touch the luxury is near impossible.

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
OKC just keeps degrading their roster. Traded Jeff Green. Traded James Harden. Let Kevin Martin walk.

At some point Durant is going to realize that winning with a team that refuses to touch the luxury is near impossible.

And you know Harden's gonna be in his ear all the time talking about coming here.

Bigsmoke
10-24-2013, 01:51 PM
If James Harden stayed in OKC, the thunder would have had 3 top 5 players in one squad anyway.