PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is going to become socially acceptable/unacceptable...

Jameerthefear
10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
in the next 30-40 years?

kNicKz
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
certainly not creeping on your little sister at 2 in the morning

hateraid
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Manners and etiquette have dropped off a ton in the last 20 years when I was a teenager. Pretty soon alot of things will be socially acceptable.

Can you imagine now it's socially acceptable to not have to say please, thank you, and excuse me?

Jameerthefear
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Manners and etiquette have dropped off a ton in the last 20 years when I was a teenager. Pretty soon alot of things will be socially acceptable.

Can you imagine now it's socially acceptable to not have to say please, thank you, and excuse me?
not sure. where i live even the bad kids have manners

Duderonomy
10-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Talking to strangers is almost become socially unacceptable. People really are emotional disconnected

Jameerthefear
10-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Talking to strangers is almost become socially unacceptable. People really are emotional disconnected
Probably a good thing. Who wants to just talk to random people?

TheReal Kendall
10-23-2013, 10:01 PM
not sure. where i live even the bad kids have manners

Pretty much.

Down in Bama people still have manners.

I think in a few years people won't even hangout together anymore.

Like going out as a group or whatever.

Social gatherings will be done over the internet. Like some new form of skype

I<3NBA
10-23-2013, 11:55 PM
socially acceptable:

marriage triads
sex orgies

Swaggin916
10-24-2013, 02:04 AM

I agree... There is just a lack of unity among people these days. Go back 50 years and most people had the same morals/values, but now people are all over the map.

That being said, I could care less about where socially acceptable goes. As far as I am concerned respect others space and don't be obnoxious or loud and could give a poop what ya do.

Patrick Chewing
10-24-2013, 02:15 AM
The pussification of the country will likely continue. It will not be socially acceptable to insult someone or talk negative about someone whether to their face or behind their back. Staring at someone will result in a fine.

bdreason
10-24-2013, 02:25 AM
I can't believe how many people I see talking on / using their phones while eating with another person. Embarrassing really.

East_Stone_Ya
10-24-2013, 03:02 AM
being transsexual will become a trend

miller-time
10-24-2013, 03:15 AM

Good? It is terrible. Society requires us to both communicate with each other and feel empathy towards each other. If people see other individuals in their own community is strangers then the entire fabric of society will warp if not crumble. Talking to strangers is very important for our mental health too. To feel connected is very important for human beings. If you look at societies that a more communal you also see far less depression. Another example is how suicide rates decrease during disasters or war. Because all of a sudden people are thrust together and begin working together. Social relationships with people around us is extremely important and isolation is damaging, both socially and individually. I actually fear this as much as any other looming problem like global warming.

secund2nun
10-24-2013, 03:20 AM
Many other countries are much better in that regard. The US lifestyle is very isolated. Even neighbors are isolated. People go to work for long hours, then come home and watch their fancy big screen tv, then sleep, wake up and repeat. The US is rightfully considered boring by many people who come here from countries with close knit communities like many Latin American and European countries where you know your neighbor almost as well as your family.

miller-time
10-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Many other countries are much better in that regard. The US lifestyle is very isolated. Even neighbors are isolated. People go to work for long hours, then come home and watch their fancy big screen tv, then sleep, wake up and repeat. The US is rightfully considered boring by many people who come here from countries with close knit communities like many Latin American and European countries where you know your neighbor almost as well as your family.

I live in an apartment building and it is really weird how isolated it is. Like right now there are probably 10 people within 20 or 30 meters of me but I have no idea who they are. I don't even know what some of them look like.

RoseCity07
10-24-2013, 04:52 AM
I read that more men are starting to wear makeup. That will probably be something that is common one day.

LeGOAT
10-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Not everyone is a socially awkward 15 year old.

senelcoolidge
10-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Right now the "in" thing is homosexuality. I think going based on the perverts in hollywood and the degenerate politicians/celebrities. Something along the lines of free prostitution, legalized drugs, and non-consent child sex.

treadster
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Having sex in public? :confusedshrug:

CeltsGarlic
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM

Yep, that was a shock to me when I first came to US. Surprisingly Ive made only 1 friend in 3 months, and he was still rather cold.. People are so god damn close.

Scholar
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
I suppose it'll become socially acceptable to use your phone to record someone getting killed, raped, assaulted, etc., than to actually help that person or call the cops. The trend has already started.

Scholar
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree... There is just a lack of unity among people these days. Go back 50 years and most people had the same morals/values, but now people are all over the map.

That being said, I could care less about where socially acceptable goes. As far as I am concerned respect others space and don't be obnoxious or loud and could give a poop what ya do.

Oh, please. Back 50 years ago, people of color still had separate public restrooms than whites. The only morals/values accepted in most Western societies were "white people > rest."
If today's society is morally f*cked, I'd still rather live in this era than the 1960s.

chips93
10-24-2013, 09:35 AM

how will they bone though?

Take Your Lumps
10-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Google Hangouts (http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/)

how will they bone though?

Google HangBangs

tmacattack33
10-24-2013, 10:12 AM

Once you're done school it's the only way to meet new people.

And it was actually very strange for me right after i was done high school. Like in high school and primary school we got to know our classmates over time and over the course of a whole school year. Like you ask the person sitting next to you for help with a math problem one day. The next day you talk about football. And then after a while you are friends or at least good acquantainces.

In the real world, some people just start talking to the person behind them in line at the grocery store like they are lifelong friends. That sh*t freaked me out when i had just moved out after high school. I eventually got used to do it though.

DCL
10-24-2013, 10:18 AM
lesbian sex courses in grade school

Scholar
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
I feel like I'm behind the curve when it comes to the whole which gestures are socially acceptable thing because I have been so disconnected the past 4 years -not- using a Facebook

People seem way more rude. I'm usually really surprised.

Being polite and kind to others is what makes the world go round, it upsets me when people act so heartless
The most hypocritical piece of shit post ever shared on this site. All of this was posted by you! Did you mean to post this with an alt? So what, in your opinion is it okay to "act so heartless" online then?

Click me to see how Kaspah posts out of his asshole, pretty much showing he shares opinions he doesn't believe (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9050152&postcount=12)

And that post was made in a thread where I was asking who a certain cold, heartless piece of shit was. :oldlol:

KobesFinger
10-24-2013, 11:35 AM
1) Backchat etc. to parents.

I was with my mom going to the movies a few months ago and saw a little girl no older than 10 arguing with her mom. The mom said something and the girl said something along the lines of, "...well you shouldn't have done that then, should you?"

I was shocked, I wouldn't even think to talk to either of my parents like that even now.

2) Underrage sex.

I don't mean one year under the age of consent, I mean 13 year olds doing it. Kids are growing up too fast, my 6 year old nephew was bragging to me that he has a girlfriend and I don't. Then he asked about my ex, when I told him she's black he said (word for word), "yes b, black and mixed race tings"

I<3NBA
10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Once you're done school it's the only way to meet new people.
so you've never heard of this thing called work? or business? you meet way more people once you start working.

Thorpesaurous
10-24-2013, 03:10 PM
I think in the next 20 to 30 years, we'll look back at the whole performance enhancing drug witch hunt thing comically. I think everyone past puberty will be taking some controlled form of performance enhancing drug to excel at whatever physical activity they choose to engage in at whatever level.

gigantes
10-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I think in the next 20 to 30 years, we'll look back at the whole performance enhancing drug witch hunt thing comically. I think everyone past puberty will be taking some controlled form of performance enhancing drug to excel at whatever physical activity they choose to engage in at whatever level.
that would be a pretty dog eat dog kind of world to live in, far moreso than now.

shades of william gibson. :P

blablabla
10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
@scholar

We're on the Internet numb nuts.

Real life is not ish, moron.
What's the difference? You are still talking to real people aren't you, if you think its acceptable to be rude on the internet because there are no actual consequences, then you are a hypocritical bitch.

Scholar
10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Not being rude to be rude. If I never saw any of scholars whiny bitchy posts what would I have to say? Nothing. I don't like him, he's a whiny bitch.

I wouldn't go out of my way to be rude to a stranger. To the threads point, I think people are more rude lately than in the recent past. In contrast, I go out of my way to be polite in public.

I'm not being rude to scholar, I am outright reacting to his posts, he's a feminine crybaby man child.

I'm a crybaby man child because a specific poster is always negging me and making racy comments about my family? STFU, bitch.
You're probably some no-name f*ggot I made a joke about a long while back and you can't let it go, so now you go out of your way to critique me. You clearly are a hypocritical bitch.
And people are probably rude to you in person because they don't like you and can see you're just a bitch disguised as a caring person. Get real. You think I'm feminine just because I'm one of only a handful of posters who admitted I drank Mike's Hard Lemonade over a weekend, but I don't see you going after the others. Clearly you've got a vendetta against me.
:oldlol: @ bitch getting exposed as a hypocrite. Nice job.

blablabla
10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Homophobia probably
Maybe more older married couples without children, or maybe even a lot more older people who have no intention on getting married as our generation is very "me" orientated

CeltsGarlic
10-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I have no idea.

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Someone just negged me with a really offensive message. didn't do shit though. least sign ur name bro.

anyways i agree with the underage sex thing.

TheReal Kendall
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Someone just negged me with a really offensive message. didn't do shit though. least sign ur name bro.

anyways i agree with the underage sex thing.

Same thin happened to me earlier.

If you neg someone you gotta at least leave your name. It's the right thing to do.

DCL
10-25-2013, 06:18 AM
maybe there will finally be freedom of religion across the land. it's been in our constitution since the birth of the country, but everyone knows you're not going to get elected if you dare to admit you don't follow christianity. maybe there will come a day when it doesn't matter what you believe in, and there will be little prejudice because people can believe whatever they want now, but the prejudice/conflict is still astounding if your view is not consistent with theirs.

I<3NBA
10-26-2013, 01:24 AM
lol at taking drugs. most everybody will be cybernetic or jacked up with nano shit in their bodies.