PDA

View Full Version : 2 Math Teachers Murdered By Their Students

BRabbiT
10-24-2013, 12:08 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EEDD4C00000578-712_634x458.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EE193600000578-185_634x668.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EF0BA700000578-10_634x422.jpg

A beloved young math teacher was murdered Tuesday in the bathroom of her high school.

A judge on Wednesday ordered Philip Chism, 14, held without bail on a murder charge at an arraignment hearing in adult court, just hours after the body of Colleen Ritzer, 24, was found in woods near Danvers High School 20 miles north of Boston.

Ritzer's death came just a day after a 12-year-old armed with his parents' handgun killed Sparks, Nev., middle school math teacher Mike Landsberry and wounded two students before shooting himself.

Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said a search began for Ritzer

Tuesday after police were notified that she had not returned to her Andover home from work and was not answering her cellphone.

Investigators found blood in a school bathroom and soon located her body.

Blodgett said the teen, who transferred to Danvers High this year, stabbed Ritzer, then dumped her body in the woods behind the campus.

Investigators said in court documents that Chism's arrest was made based on his statements and corroborating evidence at multiple scenes.

They said they also recovered video surveillance.

Chism is due back in court Nov. 22 for a probable cause hearing.

The youth, a leading scorer on Danvers' junior varsity soccer team, had been reported missing Tuesday after failing to return home from school, Blodgett said.

He was found about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Kyle Cahill, a junior, said he knows Chism from the soccer team. He said the 14-year-old moved to Massachusetts from Tennessee before the school year.

"He wasn't violent at all. He was really the opposite of aggressive," said Cahill, who called Chism a nice, quiet kid.

Danvers police were at the school most of the night. Town officials called parents about 4:45 a.m. Wednesday, saying only that there was a police presence at the school. Classes at all seven schools in the Boston suburb were canceled, boston.com reported.

Mark Nolan, who coached Chism in a Clarksville, TN., youth soccer league, said the teen caused no problems on the field or during practice.

Nolan said he was "absolutely shocked" to hear Chism had been implicated in a murder.

"I find it hard to believe. He isn't anybody I would have thought would be involved in something like that," said Nolan.
link (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/23/danvers-teacher-dead/3169235/)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/22/article-2471551-18E7978400000578-271_634x338.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/21/article-2470201-18E326D600000578-933_634x557.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/22/article-2470201-18E4364800000578-236_634x477.jpg

Chilling 911 calls made by students and teacher reveal the terror and chaos at Sparks Middle School Monday morning as a teenage student roamed the grounds with a semi-automatic pistol - wounding two and killing a teacher before he committed suicide.

The calls show how violence suddenly interrupted life at the middle school - just minutes before classes were set to begin on Monday.

Police revealed today that the 12-year-old shooter, a 7th grader at the school, got the gun - a semiautomatic 9mm Ruger pistol - from his parents. The boy's family is cooperating with police.

The parents could face charges for allowing the young boy to have access to the weapon, authorities said.

Sparks Police Chief Brian Allen would not release the gunman's name, 'out of respect for the grieving family.'

After he wounded two students and killed teacher Michael Landsberry, he fatally shot himself in the head, police say.

The shootings occurred outside the school building itself. Police said the shooter never made it inside thanks to security procedures.

Police underscored how Landsberry's heroism bought time for other students to escape.

'He calmly walked toward the shooter, putting his hands up in an attempt to stop him,' Mike Mieras, the chief of the school district police department, said.

'Mr Landsberry's heroic actions allowed time for other students to flee the playground area.'

Jose Cazares says he was playing basketball about 7.10am when he heard gunshots. We watched the shooter, a student wearing a school uniform, shoot one classmate in the arm. Then he leveled the gun at Jose's chest.

That's when Michael Landsberry, an eighth grade math teacher and former Marine, intervened.

He calmly asked the student to put the gun down and stop the violence.

Police say the 14-year-old killer shot and wounded two 12-year-old boys before killing Landsberry and then turning the gun on himself.

Authorities believe he took the gun, a semi-automatic pistol, from his parents.

Jose's mother Marisela Cazares said she will never forget Lansberry's heroism.

'I'm forever grateful for everything that he did,' she said.

'Just grateful he was there to help our children out.'

Lansberry, 45, was a former Marine who served two tours in Afghanistan with the Nevada National Guard.

Students described him as tough, but kind-hearted. He spent the past weekend celebrating his wedding anniversary with wife Sharon, family members said. The teacher also has two stepdaughters.

Police have not identified the shooter or hinted at his motives, though witnesses suggest he may have been seeking revenge for being bullied.

Student Alfrancis de Vera told CBS News the gunman poke as he pointed a gun at him and his friends.

'He pointed to us and he said, "You ruined my life and now I'm going to ruin yours,"' Alfrancis said.

Before the shooting student Michelle Hernandez said the gunman may have addressed his tormenters.

'I heard him saying, "Why you people making fun of me? Why you laughing at me?"' she told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

It was announced on Monday evening that police are investigating the school shooting as a homicide.

The shooter's name has not been released and neither has a motive for the shooting which took place around 15 minutes before the school bell rang for the start of classes.

Before the shooting, witnesses said they could hear the gunman saying 'my life is over' and demanding 'Why you people making fun of me?' and 'Why you laughing at me?'

Around 20 to 30 middle school students witnessed the multiple shootings.

There were other reports from school students that the shooter had been a target for bullies.

A school friend of the shooter told CNN: 'He was a really nice kid. He would make you smile.'

Her mother added: 'He was getting picked on regularly... but he was a very nice boy to everybody.'

Two 12-year-old male students were taken to hospital in critical condition after one was shot in the stomach and the other shot in the shoulder.

One young man underwent surgery.

Both students are now said to be in stable condition.

Reggie Landsberry confirmed that his teacher brother, Michael Landsberry had been killed at the school, according to KNRV-T.

Reno Police Department Deputy Chief Tom Robinson said Mr Landsberry died protecting his students.

'My estimation is that he is a hero,' he said.

link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2471551/Sparks-Middle-School-shooting-Teacher-Michael-Landsberry-stepped-gunman-student.html)

shooting, after shooting, after shooting.

personally, i don't chalk this type of pycho behaviour to gun control.

but...i do think N.America's toxic culture is to blame.

that said, these two kids should be tried as adults. fukc 'em.

Budadiiii
10-24-2013, 12:13 AM
They're children. They don't know any better.

Send their parents to jail and send the children to foster home.

Case closed.

OldSkoolball#52
10-24-2013, 12:28 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EF0BA700000578-10_634x422.jpg

Obama :facepalm

red1
10-24-2013, 12:31 AM
nice pedobear costume

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EE193600000578-185_634x668.jpg

Patrick Chewing
10-24-2013, 12:52 AM
The more funding that gets cut from schools by the ever-greedy government, the less school officials and the less security or law enforcement officers there are to protect these teachers and stop these psychos before they kill someone.

No one will walk into a crowded school knowing there is a security presence that will stop them before they even reach for their weapon. If you have a school with nothing but hall guards, then a massacre is what you'll get.

ihoopallday
10-24-2013, 01:04 AM
It's a sad world when it's terrifying just sending your kids to school. :(

MadeFromDust
10-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Solution: Get your kids out of the corrupt atheistic public school indoctrination pogrom and teach 'em at home in the way they should go.

Scholar
10-24-2013, 01:47 AM
shooting, after shooting, after shooting.

personally, i don't chalk this type of pycho behaviour to gun control.

but...i do think N.America's toxic culture is to blame.

that said, these two kids should be tried as adults. fukc 'em.

Dude, did you read the articles you posted? One of the shooters committed suicide.

I don't know what must've happened between that kid who stabbed the 24 yr old math teacher to death, but he certainly deserves being tried as an adult.

As for the other one who committed suicide, it appears he was bullied relentlessly, which doesn't justify his actions, but it definitely is an eye opener. The youth needs to learn that bullying isn't cool. These "If you see something, say something" ad campaigns aren't working. It's time to start punishing the bullies. To prevent school shootings like this one, Columbine and countless others, we need to look at the source of the problem: bullying.

BRabbiT
10-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Dude, did you read the articles you posted? One of the shooters committed suicide.

that said, these kids should be tried as adults. fukc 'em.

fixed.

my sentiment is that kids like these, of which there are sooo many...should be tried as adults.

i'm getting sick of this same old reactionary, trigger-happy BS.

kid shooters/murderers being tried as adults should be the rule, not the exception.

I don't know what must've happened between that kid who stabbed the 24 yr old math teacher to death, but he certainly deserves being tried as an adult.

As for the other one who committed suicide, it appears he was bullied relentlessly, which doesn't justify his actions, but it definitely is an eye opener. The youth needs to learn that bullying isn't cool. These "If you see something, say something" ad campaigns aren't working. It's time to start punishing the bullies.

To prevent school shootings like this one, Columbine and countless others, we need to look at the source of the problem: bullying.

i hear that, sure.

but killing b/c you're being bullied/tormented is still, imo, psychotic reactionary BS.

personally, i would not give a fukc about the bullying, if it were my kid who got a bullet in their head/chest from one of these psychos.

I<3NBA
10-24-2013, 03:45 AM
was the female teacher sexually assaulted?

MJ(Mean John)
10-24-2013, 05:44 AM
They're children. They don't know any better.

Send their parents to jail and send the children to foster home.

Case closed.

Yup. Send em home, buy em iPads. That should do it there man

CelticBaller
10-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Sick ****s

eriX
10-24-2013, 07:55 AM
lets be honest, america is a violent society and unless that changes this stuff will just keep happening over and over again and people are just going to blame on others... honestly this kind of stuff makes me rethink about going to america for exchange.

Hotbullets
10-24-2013, 08:16 AM
It's a sad world when it's terrifying just sending your kids to school. :(

Sad country, you mean.

rufuspaul
10-24-2013, 08:36 AM

Also the Mass. murder was a stabbing.

nathanjizzle
10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I think the teacher was having sexual relations with him. he was a soccer star on the varsity team at age 14, thats who the teachers go for are the star athletes.

kNicKz
10-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Sad country, you mean.

True, no one has ever been shot outside of the United States . It's exclusively an American problem

CanYouDigIt
10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Obama strikes again :facepalm

Wally450
10-24-2013, 10:53 AM
This girl i know was good friends with her, sad situation to think about. What the **** are people thinking?

Hotbullets
10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
True, no one has ever been shot outside of the United States . It's exclusively an American problem

I see what you did there. Irony.

I wouldn't go as far of saying school shootings are an exclusively American problem, but you can't deny the fact that the majority of them did take place in the US.

Y'all niccas need to lay off the guns. And please do not give me that 'guns don't kill people' crap.

airchibundo507
10-24-2013, 11:30 AM
sex had to be involved in the first murder.. maybe the little nicca was trying to get it in, followed the teacher into the bathroom and she refused?? kid was no star athlete lol. he was on the JV soccer team. regardless, what I wanna know is how this skinny ass kid was able to haul a dead body out of the school's bathroom without anyone witnessing.

airchibundo507
10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
"Chism admitted to police that he had followed Ritzer into a women's bathroom at the school, punched her in the face, and slashed her throat with a box cutter. Chism then put the teacher's body in a recycling bin and brought it to the woods near the school."

BRabbiT
10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
He'd been doodling and listening to music during his Algebra I class in the school's final period, classmate Cambria Cloutier told CNN.

Creating such drawings was unusual for Chism, who Cloutier recalled rarely participated in class discussions but was "a really good student."

When the final bell sounded at 1:55 p.m. Tuesday, Ritzer asked him to stay after class, according to Cloutier, who sat two desks over from Chism.

While shuttling between two afterschool meetings, Cloutier said she looked into the same classroom and saw Ritzer standing by her computer and Chism sitting in a chair about five to 10 feet away. The teacher smiled at her, Cloutier recalled.

At some point that afternoon, Ritzer went to a regular students' girls bathroom on Danver High's second floor, as someone was in the locked faculty bathroom, a source close to the investigation said.

Chism allegedly followed her in.

There, Ritzer was punched a few times before being killed with a box cutter around 3:30 p.m., said a source.

Her body went into a recycling bin, then outside the school where it was tossed.

Authorities eventually found a bin that apparently had been thrown off an embankment some 100 feet away from Ritzer's body, a source said.

Before police found her -- before they even knew she was missing -- they'd started looking for Chism.

This was in the early evening, with Danvers Police tweeting to residents that he hadn't returned home and was last seen around the Hollywood Hits movie theater in the town some 20 miles northeast of Boston.

While they were looking for him, police got a call around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday about another missing person: Ritzer. She wasn't home either, nor had she answered her phones.

The stories started coming together about an hour later, when police officers in nearby Topsfield found Chism walking along Route 1.

Whatever he told detectives in his subsequent interviews, whatever they saw in surveillance footage from the school, led to Chism's arrest for murder.

It also led them to Ritzer's body in the woods.

....Ritzer was known to take to Twitter to dole out homework assignments and wisdom to her students.

"No matter what happens in life, be good to people," she wrote in August.

"Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind."

link (http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/24/justice/massachusetts-danvers-school-killing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

MadeFromDust
10-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Where the hell did this savage get a boxcutter and how the hell did he have it in school?

ace23
10-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Damn. She was sexy.

PickernRoller
10-25-2013, 03:35 AM
Another day in good ol U.S.A. We gonna act like this isn't the norm in this country? But it's not the guns.....:lol :lol It's the video games...and their parents....

Give everyone an atomic bomb....it's not the bomb, ohh sh1t we all dead. The double standard and logic fails and always will. No matter how much Pro-NRA loonies aspire to argue the benefits of having guns or how many times they cite the constitution.

MadeFromDust
10-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Another day in good ol U.S.A. We gonna act like this isn't the norm in this country? But it's not the guns.....:lol :lol It's the video games...and their parents....

Give everyone an atomic bomb....it's not the bomb, ohh sh1t we all dead. The double standard and logic fails and always will. No matter how much Pro-NRA loonies aspire to argue the benefits of having guns or how many times they cite the constitution.
Flaming left-wing looney ^^

PickernRoller
10-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Flaming left-wing looney ^^

Truth. Refute any of it. Wait you can't.

Beatlezz
10-25-2013, 05:41 AM
"Chism admitted to police that he had followed Ritzer into a women's bathroom at the school, punched her in the face, and slashed her throat with a box cutter. Chism then put the teacher's body in a recycling bin and brought it to the woods near the school."

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/223x295/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/91027fc036e37abac7486353058fd80dhttp://www.charactergrades.com/sites/default/files/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/gus_breakingbad.jpg

:applause: :applause:

BRabbiT
10-25-2013, 08:31 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/24/article-2474663-18EFD95C00000578-327_634x549.jpg

[QUOTE]
After initially refusing to release the name of the Sparks Middle School shooter, the city of Sparks released the 12-year-old boy

MadeFromDust
10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Truth. Refute any of it. Wait you can't.
I'm glad you acknowledge you're a flaming left-wing looney. That's the first step to help. Now for the next step...get back on your meds.

TheReturn
10-25-2013, 10:50 AM

will rep later

TylerOO
10-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Where the hell did this savage get a boxcutter and how the hell did he have it in school?

You're acting like getting a box cutter or a razor is hard to do. In my high school, you could have brought anything to school. Most schools don't have metal detectors or anything like that.

PickernRoller
10-25-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm glad you have acknowledge you're a flaming left-wing looney. That's the first step to help. Now for the next step...get back on your meds.

I didn't admit anything. You're just assuming crap, to deviate from the truth - makes you look more stupid than what you already are. BTW I am still waiting for a rebuttal....:oldlol:

Since you got nothing obviously - I suggest you sit down and shut up, you know, let the adults talk.

MadeFromDust
10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I didn't admit anything. You're just assuming crap, to deviate from the truth - makes you look more stupid than what you already are. BTW I am still waiting for a rebuttal....:oldlol:

Since you got nothing obviously - I suggest you sit down and shut up, you know, let the adults talk.
Have ewe taken your meds yet? Yes? or No? Your answer to that question is important before I begin to rip your vile, whiny, venomous world view into pieces.

PickernRoller
10-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Have ewe taken your meds yet? Yes? or No? Your answer to that question is important before I begin to rip your vile, whiny, venomous world view into pieces.

Go ahead. You're acting like you are going to do a better job than some of the nuts writing opinion pieces on yahoo or politico. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Whatcha got loonie? Stats from some study bla bla bla - guns are good, people are bad? Some stats from x country vs. y contry stats bla bla bla :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Anyway, like I said before, there is literally nothing you can say that trumps logic/double standard. This debate is older than you and I. The only reason you're allowed to carry a gun today is because the old dudes with wigs wrote into the constitution - nothing more, nothing less. So far you have said nothing. I expect that to be the norm regardless of a wall of text.