PDA

View Full Version : KD responds to Jalen's prediction about him coming to the Rockets

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 12:24 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3896973

Houston......we don't have a problem!

kurple
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
it's gonna happen

shallehalle
10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
I guess. I mean :confusedshrug:

alec613
10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Lol, at least he is not rulling it out by saying he'll retire a Thunder or that he won't be going anywhere unless he brings OKC a ring

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 12:35 PM
it's gonna happen

We have to beat him in the playoffs first though. It won't feel right with him pulling that shyt last year in the playoffs. Weak shyt to me.

scm5
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow, he didn't deny it at all. I'm truly surprised.

This actually makes me think that it's possible KD realizes that OKC has made some horrible decisions and he's not likely to win a title there.

It also opens up the possibility that KD might demand a trade to another team if OKC experiences another set back. Imagine if WB comes back a shell of his former self or if Ibaka goes down.

CanYouDigIt
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
WE'RE GETTING KD! :djparty

Beverley
Harden
Parsons
Durant
Howard

4-Peat

CanYouDigIt
10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
This made my day :rockon:

KD > Lebron

KyleKong
10-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Beverley
Harden
Parsons
Durant
Howard

4-Peat

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2013/08/Jeremy-Lin-Houston-Rockets-Jeremy-Lin-Crying-.jpg

KG215
10-24-2013, 12:42 PM

This actually makes me think that it's possible KD realizes that OKC has made some horrible decisions and he's not likely to win a title there.

It also opens up the possibility that KD might demand a trade to another team if OKC experiences another set back. Imagine if WB comes back a shell of his former self or if Ibaka goes down.
Or, you know, he just thought it was a silly/stupid question and responded as such. But please, you and other Rockets fans keep trying read between the lines and convince yourself that if he doesn't say something like 'Nope, I never plan on playing in Houston", it means he's leaving OKC.

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Or, you know, he just thought it was a silly/stupid question and responded as such. But please, you and other Rockets fans keep trying read between the lines and convince yourself that if he doesn't say something like 'Nope, I never plan on playing in Houston", it means he's leaving OKC.

I'm not sold on him coming to Houston honestly. Just from the way he responded though, it doesn't make me feel like he's for sure wanting to stay in OKC. Just wishful thinking for us. We've mediocre for so long. Just let us have our little bit of fun.

KG215
10-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Why does everyone think if a player doesn't flat out deny something, it means it's happening? This goes on all the time on here when it comes stuff like this, but how many times can anyone remember a player actually coming out and just straight up denying something like this?

Durant very well may leave, but odds are he was actually being honest when he said he hasn't thought that far down the line since, you know, his contract doesn't expire for another three years.

CanYouDigIt
10-24-2013, 12:47 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2013/08/Jeremy-Lin-Houston-Rockets-Jeremy-Lin-Crying-.jpg
He'll be back in Japan within 2 years. Bookmark me on that.

GaryRaymond23
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Dwight should've went to OKC.

Remember the Harden/Ibaka for Dwight proposal they turned down?

Westbrook/Durant/Howard seem to be a dominant, unstoppable trio.

Durant/Howard compliment each other to perfection.

scm5
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM

I am hardly a Rockets fan. Even less so now that they have Dwight (Laker fan).

I do think that Durant isn't as adamant about staying in OKC these days. He used to flat out deny the possibility of playing for another team.

scm5
10-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Dwight should've went to OKC.

Remember the Harden/Ibaka for Dwight proposal they turned down?

Westbrook/Durant/Howard seem to be a dominant, unstoppable trio.

Durant/Howard compliment each other to perfection.

No.

Dwight wants to be the man and will never be with Durant on the team, not to mention Westbrook. Strong possibility Dwight would be the third best player on that OKC roster.

sc19
10-24-2013, 01:07 PM
They have to get rid of shitty Lin first.

TheReturn
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
The one day at the time sh*t is actually the exact same answer the superstars have been giving for the last couple of years and they all switched teams. :lol

Flash31
10-24-2013, 01:32 PM

OkC is by the media and fans consensus best team in the West,
and one of the title contenders every year just they CANT beat the Heat.
They basically play loke the Heat,small ball,3 pt shooting,pf at mid range,fast breaks,
everything the Thunder do as their strength,Heat do better.

And if KD demands a trade,everything he said about other stars leaving,superteams,loyalty,his reputation gets thrown put the window.

Its not like OKC surrounded him with aging veterans and scrubs.
OKC is one of the youngest teams and barring Perkins have a good 5.

What OKC is missing isnt another star or scorer,
what theyre missing is not having KPerkins as a significant player.
Theyre lacking post presence,decent backups at the pg,sg level.

OKC isnt a team,its a 1-2 punch.WB goes down,their offense collapses,KD goes down their scoring,length,focus is gone,without one or the other OKC is but a decent playoff team which can be beaten,together theyre best team in west .

Health plays a factor.The team and players have room to grow and are steadily improving.

Flash31
10-24-2013, 01:42 PM
And just bc KD didnt Deny it doesnt mean He is going there or leaving OkC.

Players know nowadays not to sell themselves short,pigeonhole themselves and cut off any options.

Melo for ex might or might not leave NY,didnt rule it out
but in order for him to get his own maximum worth
hes not pledging sole loyalty for NY and cutting himself short.

This way he can look for his options,see what NY puts together to get him to stay and see how much theyll offer him to stay compared to the rest.

When Wade back in 2010 was looking at his options
the Heat went out and was receuiting other stars

LeBron,Bosh,Deron
and had multiple other options in place
Boozer,Amare,Next Years FA,solid role players

They didnt just wait till Wade signed to recruit players
they went out and made their pitch to him and had multiple options.

Before LeBron signed Mia was gonna do Wade-Bosh with solid cast or try to get a third star,were trying to get Amare or Booz,or wait till next yrs fa and surround this heat with one yr solid players.

A player knows nowadays not to sell themselves short
Wade said it best,Loyalty ha ha.
Teams arent loyal,theyre looking out for their best interest,

you sell yourself short,you get a Pippen deal or LeBron on Cavs surrounded by nobody,your talents severely underpaid or underappreciated.

scm5
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
OKC isnt a team,its a 1-2 punch.WB goes down,their offense collapses,KD goes down their scoring,length,focus is gone,without one or the other OKC is but a decent playoff team which can be beaten,together theyre best team in west .

Health plays a factor.The team and players have room to grow and are steadily improving.

This is exactly why I said KD might demand a trade if Westbrook comes back a shell of his former self. This is entirely possible btw. He had a second procedure done, which isn't very promising and he's a player that relies a LOT on athleticism. CP3 slowed down noticeably after his meniscus tear but he relied a lot less on his athleticism than Westbrook.

Sarcastic
10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
KD should leave that team. Anyone that breaks up 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA over money, doesn't deserve to have superstars on their team.

DukeDelonte13
10-24-2013, 02:28 PM
KD should leave that team. Anyone that breaks up 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA over money, doesn't deserve to have superstars on their team.

i mean its not like they offered harden 55 million or anything :rolleyes:

Harden did not wanna play in KD's shadow. End of story.

KyleKong
10-24-2013, 02:42 PM

They could have thrown as much money towards Harden as they wanted, wouldn't have mattered.

Harden wanted to be a Super Star, not a third wheel.

Sarcastic
10-24-2013, 02:48 PM
i mean its not like they offered harden 55 million or anything :rolleyes:

Harden did not wanna play in KD's shadow. End of story.

He's a top 5 player in the NBA. He is worth more than $55 million. It's not like they couldn't offer him the money. They just didn't want to.

DukeDelonte13
10-24-2013, 02:59 PM
He's a top 5 player in the NBA. He is worth more than $55 million. It's not like they couldn't offer him the money. They just didn't want to.

Can't put a dollar amount on being the face of a franchise. I don't think it would have mattered if OKC offered him 4 years at 60 million.

Flash31
10-24-2013, 03:14 PM
They could have thrown as much money towards Harden as they wanted, wouldn't have mattered.

Harden wanted to be a Super Star, not a third wheel.

exactly
Hou offered Harden only 4 million Dollars more
and its not like Lin-Asik equals Westbrook-Durant

Harden wanted to be the man and not just a sixth man or the num 3
He got that in Hou,he was given the money,spotlight,greenlight to do what he wanted,greenlight to shoot,minutes,spotlight as the MAN

had nothing to do with money or loyalty

In OkC he was ALWAYS going to be num 3,and wouldnt be nothing more than a Manu Ginobli behind KD,RW

If it was loyalty he would have stayed with OKC as we saw with the Spurs,the Heat players,Dirk,Pau Gasol,R Allen

but Harden wanted to be the MaN
He was never going to get the opportunity in OKC

Fudge
10-24-2013, 03:20 PM
LMAO at some of deez posts.

Sarcastic
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Can't put a dollar amount on being the face of a franchise. I don't think it would have mattered if OKC offered him 4 years at 60 million.

He was willing to take less to stay in OKC. I think in the $60 million range. They ended up trading him over about $5 million or something like that.

Sarcastic
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Harden never asked to be traded. He just wanted to get paid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCB_Mgll6I

@1:05 his literal words were "I was in shock".

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
And they didn't give him time to even think about the offer. Blame the Thunder. Not Harden.

TheReal Kendall
10-24-2013, 04:02 PM
KD know he gonna have to leave soon cause he can't win with the Thunder.

Horde of Temujin
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
The Harden trade :facepalm x infiniti

russwest0
10-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Some of these people are retarded.

Expecting Harden to get 25 PPG in OKC coming off the bench.

He was stealing reps from KD/Russ/Ibaka as it is, we needed him to do things well that didn't require having the ball in your hands but he just doesn't. He's a mediocre defender.

Look at what he did in the Finals.

And he's a top 5 player? TF?

Overrated as hell

kNicKz
10-24-2013, 04:20 PM
He was stealing reps from KD/Russ/Ibaka as it is

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7234/rayj.gif

russwest0
10-24-2013, 04:25 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7234/rayj.gif

It's no coincidence that Ibaka averaged 13 PPG on 57% last year once Harden left. No coincidence that KD and Russ's assists and efficiency went up. Ibaka was one of the top 10 versatile scorers last year. This year he'll probably average 16 PPG which is what Chris Paul averages.

He was the best mid range shooter in the league, he can hit a corner 3, he's decent at the FT line and this year he looks much better in the post.

Niqqas in this thread acting like our record didn't IMPROVE once Harden left.

Thinkin we can afford to pay a guy who only cares about scoring the max when we already got two of the best scorers in the league. Thats some skip bayless type of sh*t right there

russwest0
10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
And also lol @ niqqas acting like KD's bitchmade like LeFlop and gonna come to Houston just cause he didn't outright guarantee that he'll END his career in OKC.

KD's not a clown, he's not making any promises because he knows anything can happen. He also knows that in OKC we don't need the right things to fall in place because we routinely draft and develop new talent. And that we'll always be in the championship hunt like the Spurs and not have a 3-4 year window like these b*tchmade superteams like the cHeat, or any others.

He literally said, "I love it here, I'm gonna keep playing here." among other things. SMH @ yall niqqas. Why the hell would KD team up with his COMPETITION? LeShortcut got yall niqqas acting all uppidy and shit like other stars have that weak @$$ mindset.

kNicKz
10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
:yaohappy:

Mr Exlax
10-24-2013, 04:46 PM
And also lol @ niqqas acting like KD's bitchmade like LeFlop and gonna come to Houston just cause he didn't outright guarantee that he'll END his career in OKC.

KD's not a clown, he's not making any promises because he knows anything can happen. He also knows that in OKC we don't need the right things to fall in place because we routinely draft and develop new talent. And that we'll always be in the championship hunt like the Spurs and not have a 3-4 year window like these b*tchmade superteams like the cHeat, or any others.

He literally said, "I love it here, I'm gonna keep playing here." among other things. SMH @ yall niqqas. Why the hell would KD team up with his COMPETITION? LeShortcut got yall niqqas acting all uppidy and shit like other stars have that weak @$$ mindset.

He didn't have to team up with other stars because he sucked so bad coming in that his team was a lottery team for like the next what 3 seasons they drafted him right? I would imagine if LeBron sucked that bad then the Cavs would've gotten some lottery picks too and then LeBron wouldn't have had to leave. Nobody on Memphis was better than KD, but he still lost to a better team. Granted it could've been different if Wesbrook was there, but it's the same thing. These guys are still the top no matter what team they go to. They simply lose to better teams.

KG215
10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Coming off the 2012 season did anyone think of Harden as a top 5 player in the NBA? Or even top 25? So what does him possibly being top 5 now have to do with then?

Not to mention, even if he had stayed in OKC, no one would think of him as a top 5 player right now because he wouldn't have that type of impact or put up those type of numbers in a 3rd/2b option in OKC.

andremiller07
10-24-2013, 08:00 PM
It's no coincidence that Ibaka averaged 13 PPG on 57% last year once Harden left. No coincidence that KD and Russ's assists and efficiency went up. Ibaka was one of the top 10 versatile scorers last year. This year he'll probably average 16 PPG which is what Chris Paul averages.

He was the best mid range shooter in the league, he can hit a corner 3, he's decent at the FT line and this year he looks much better in the post.

Niqqas in this thread acting like our record didn't IMPROVE once Harden left.

Thinkin we can afford to pay a guy who only cares about scoring the max when we already got two of the best scorers in the league. Thats some skip bayless type of sh*t right there
You must have not watched Ibaka during last years playoffs dude ****ing sucked without being spoon feed and got abused on the defensive end. Easy to look good when there is zero pressure on you but as soon as he had to step up dude failed hard, should have kept Harden any day over Ibaka.

russwest0
10-24-2013, 08:15 PM
You must have not watched Ibaka during last years playoffs dude ****ing sucked without being spoon feed and got abused on the defensive end. Easy to look good when there is zero pressure on you but as soon as he had to step up dude failed hard, should have kept Harden any day over Ibaka.

Lol @ pointing out that Ibaka didn't play well when Russ went down but not acknowledging the fact that Harden played like shit in the finals.

SMH

andremiller07
10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Lol @ pointing out that Ibaka didn't play well when Russ went down but not acknowledging the fact that Harden played like shit in the finals.

SMH
Ibaka played like shit in the NBA finals as well, Bosh has been better than him in most Thunder/Heat match ups and Harden unlike Ibaka was capable of stepping into the #2 scoring option when one of the big two had a bad game or is injured, Harden was the biggest reason why you got past the Spurs to get to the finals in the first place.

wally_world
10-25-2013, 04:13 AM

Beverley
Harden
Parsons
Durant
Howard

4-Peat

Holyshit that lineup tho :eek:

wally_world
10-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Heck let's just do it now lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ndelpaq

Houston takes on Perk's shitty contract and gives OKC Lin/Asik and 2 young potential all-stars in TJones and Montiejunas

Beverly / Brooks
Harden / Garcia
Parsons / Casspi
Durant / Camby
Dwight / Perk

Lin / Reggie Jackson
Westbrook / Lamb
Thabo / TJones
Ibaka / Collison / PJ3
Asik / Montiejunas / Adams

spiegel
10-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Can we fit him, Dwight and Harden under the cap?We'll be ecstatic(in Houston) but reality is we'll find it awefully tough to make it work by the books.

BTW, where are all these bandwagon Rockets fan coming from? Some of there arrogant and ignorant posts are giving long timers a bad name.

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 08:47 AM
BTW, where are all these bandwagon Rockets fan coming from? Some of there arrogant and ignorant posts are giving long timers a bad name.

There's only one in particular that I think is a bandwagon fan. Everybody else though, I've chatted with about Rockets stuff on here prior to last season. Just all of our threads always get pushed to like the 3rd page cause we were mediocre for so long. We're back in the mix though. Just ignore the bandwagoners and haters.

rustycage
10-25-2013, 09:00 AM
I can see him joining the Bulls and Rose in the next future.