PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Question

Myth
10-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Efo, Ejo, Eno, Ero, ______ out. _____ in.

I do not know the answer myself. It is for a scavenger hunt. Not sure if it is a general thing or specific to the area surrounding Long Beach, CA. Anybody have any idea what it is?

CeltsGarlic
10-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Ero suggests wrong things..

Sorry no ideas.

Rose
10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
If the pattern stays the same it's evo for the first blank, and ezo for the second.

TheSilentKiller
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
There are three letters between f and j, j and n, n and r, so that would maybe suggest the first blank is evo? Maybe last blank is ezo? Doesn't make much sense but it follows a pattern :lol

TheReal Kendall
10-24-2013, 05:00 PM
If the pattern stays the same it's evo for the first blank, and ezo for the second.

I think this is correct.

TheSilentKiller
10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Damn you!

Rose
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately I have no idea what any of those would mean. Is there any more context you can give us like the question before this one perhaps? Maybe it makes more sense in a bigger picture term.

aj1987
10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
There are three letters between f and j, j and n, n and r, so that would maybe suggest the first blank is evo? Maybe last blank is ezo? Doesn't make much sense but it follows a pattern :lol
Do this and plug it into google translate:

Chief, Site, Yen, Item, age out, Ezo in.

Still doesn't make much sense.

Myth
10-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Hmmm... Evo out, ezo in.

I did a quick search for those terms related to Long Beach, California. There used to be a bar called "Evo Lounge" that is now closed. It was replaced by a place called "Dogz Bar and Grill." Dogz does have a "Z" in it, and it is a very common hang out for the people that are doing the scavenger hunt. I don't get where "Ezo" comes in completely, but it could be that. That is the most context I have trying to figure out the meaning.

Scholar
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Can you explain what this scavenger hunt is for? And what other things have you done/solved so far?

TheSilentKiller
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Hmmm... Evo out, ezo in.

I did a quick search for those terms related to Long Beach, California. There used to be a bar called "Evo Lounge" that is now closed. It was replaced by a place called "Dogz Bar and Grill." Dogz does have a "Z" in it, and it is a very common hang out for the people that are doing the scavenger hunt. I don't get where "Ezo" comes in completely, but it could be that. That is the most context I have trying to figure out the meaning.
Maybe it was just leading you to get to Evo out and the pattern stops there. So since the place Evo lounge is closed, the new place is where the clue is. So the last blanks would be evo out. Dogz bar and brill in. Seems right for a scavenger hunt.

Myth
10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Can you explain what this scavenger hunt is for? And what other things have you done/solved so far?

They are for our kickball league. Every week there is a scavenger hunt and whichever team has the most teammates in photos with said places by the end of the season gets a prize (probably $50 bar tab or something). They have gotten progressively harder. The first ones were obvious without having to do any research. One week we just had to get to a certain location at a certain time where there was no clue to figure out, we were just told where to meet. This is easily the hardest. Last week's was: "Erected in 2000, Stevie Wonder would appreciate this King of the Jungle watching over Strong Beach at 10 1/2 Fathoms." It was the Lions Lighthouse for Sight (which is 65 feet tall and a fathom is 6 feet tall).

Maybe it was just leading you to get to Evo out and the pattern stops there. So since the place Evo lounge is closed, the new place is where the clue is. So the last blanks would be evo out. Dogz bar and brill in. Seems right for a scavenger hunt.

I'm guessing "Ezo in" means something (if Ezo and Evo are the correct terms), but I'm hoping that bar is the right place whether I finish figuring out the meaning of the clue or not.

shaq2000
10-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Might "Ezo in" be an anagram?

http://anagram-solver.net/ezoin

Are there any places containing "Noize" or "iZone" or "Enzio" in their names?

Myth
10-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Might "Ezo in" be an anagram?

http://anagram-solver.net/ezoin

Are there any places containing "Noize" or "iZone" or "Enzio" in their names?

I'm guessing it would only be an anagram if the other words were, or at least "evo out."

Myth
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
So, it sounds like my conclusion that it was Dogz is correct. I still don't quite get the "Ezo in" part, but the "Evo out" was apparently enough to solve it. Thanks for the help everybody.

Myth
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
So, it sounds like my conclusion that it was Dogz is correct. I still don't quite get the "Ezo in" part, but the "Evo out" was apparently enough to solve it. Thanks for the help everybody.

I'll try to spread some rep when I can to those who helped/tried to help.