PDA

View Full Version : Houston is using Dwight the way the Lakers should have

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Getting it to him on his way to the basket on picknrolls. The offense flows really well doing this, but Dwight's back to the basket game is nowhere near Orlando tier. Gonna be a fun team to watch. Dwight rebounding and throwing outlet passes to Parsons and Harden is verrry entertaining. Just my 2 cents.

DuMa
10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Nash wanted to run pick and roll with Dwight but Dwight didnt wanna play like that homie.

OldSkoolball#52
10-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Houston is using Dwight the way the Lakers should have

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kobe-Bryant1.jpg

Hmmm.....

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kobe-Bryant1.jpg

Hmmm.....
No. That had little to do with it.

Droid101
10-24-2013, 09:47 PM
"“He didn’t seem like he really wanted to do a pick-and-roll offense, maybe because he had run one in Orlando for so long and he wanted to get in the post more,” Nash said."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/steve-nash-says-what-we-all-knew-that-dwight-howard-didnt-want-to-be-with-the-lakers/

Debunked. He'd refuse to run them, always demanding the ball on the low block. Go back and watch games from last year to confirm.

OldSkoolball#52
No. That had little to do with it.

Umm, Dwight seemed to indicate otherwise when he left.

noob cake
Getting it to him on his way to the basket on picknrolls. The offense flows really well doing this, but Dwight's back to the basket game is nowhere near Orlando tier. Gonna be a fun team to watch. Dwight rebounding and throwing outlet passes to Parsons and Harden is verrry entertaining. Just my 2 cents.

Can't PnR when every play in the 4th is give the ball to Kobe.

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 09:49 PM
"“He didn’t seem like he really wanted to do a pick-and-roll offense, maybe because he had run one in Orlando for so long and he wanted to get in the post more,” Nash said."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/steve-nash-says-what-we-all-knew-that-dwight-howard-didnt-want-to-be-with-the-lakers/

Debunked. He'd refuse to run them, always demanding the ball on the low block. Go back and watch games from last year to confirm.
I know. A lot of it's Dwight's fault. You can see he didn't roll hard to the basket in a lot of the games.

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Dwight was not a reliable enough option last year to be trusted in the 4th quarter.

Droid101
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I know. A lot of it's Dwight's fault. You can see he didn't roll hard to the basket in a lot of the games.
:cheers:

I'm glad SOME team will get to take advantage of what he does well -- roll to the basket.

Legends66NBA7
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Constant injuries, coaching changes, different playing styles, etc... is the majority of the reason why Howard wasn't used properly. Part the team structure and part himself to blame.

Lateralus
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
He's back. :bowdown: :banana: :pimp: :bowdown:

LOLAKERS

gts
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Umm, Dwight seemed to indicate otherwise when he left.
howard always "indicates otherwise" every press conference is counter to what everyone saw actually happen or what was actually said.

I wish him well in Houston but glad to see his crappy attitude out of the Lakers locker room

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Here is a good video to show the difference between current and previous dwight. Notice the post-ups, the spin moves, finishing through the contact. he was a very good post player. Now not so much. He has to rely on the PnR more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nXF9ZTEr4

Jameerthefear
10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Man I'm ready for the season to start. Watching Orlando, Houston, and Golden State is going to be tons of fun.

coin24
10-25-2013, 03:10 AM

Because dwight is a fu*king liability in the 4th quarter. The opposing team just fouls him and he bricks the free throws. Or he'll fumble the ball, get stripped, or just brick one of his dumb running hooks..:facepalm

Also he made it quite clear he wasn't interested in playing PnR.. Do you even watch basketball??

PickernRoller
10-25-2013, 03:21 AM

:rolleyes: Actually that play was run a million times last season. He was either late on the PnR, fumbled the ball, got fouled or failed to do anything with the ball and turned the play into an isolation play on the post(fail)/or pass. He actually had the best to do it with - Nash and DumbToni.

Word is out. If the dude can't make his freethrows this season that PnR will be fouled to pieces all season long. If he can't make a f'cking hook sh0t they'll guard the PnR with love and force him to do sh1t one-on-one/foul.

Anyway last I checked wasn't Dwight going to Houston to play like a "REAL BIG" - aka a "post game" with Hakeem and McHale. But sh1t we still talking about Pick and Rolls. How words have changed. :rolleyes:

Nick Young
10-25-2013, 03:45 AM
You think Nash, one of the best pick and roll guards ever, didnt try to run Pick and rolls with this scrub? The ball kept bouncing off his hands, he didn't know how to set a screen or how to rolln off it. The few times he did catch the ball, he'd bring the ball down below his waste and either get stripped or fouled and then make 1 of 2 freethrows. That's why the Lakers stopped running it.

Nick Young
10-25-2013, 03:49 AM
Here is a good video to show the difference between current and previous dwight. Notice the post-ups, the spin moves, finishing through the contact. he was a very good post player. Now not so much. He has to rely on the PnR more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nXF9ZTEr4
That is just a game on one of the rare nights his shots that usually brick off the back of the rim actually went in consistently.

His footwork and post moves in that video are still weak.

All Net
10-25-2013, 04:15 AM
In fairness he actually healthy now.

bballbball
10-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Maybe it was a chemistry thing with the Lakers? I've seen a few Rockets preseason games and it seems he has infinitely better chemistry with Harden and co. than he ever did in LA.

Jameerthefear
10-25-2013, 05:42 AM
That is just a game on one of the rare nights his shots that usually brick off the back of the rim actually went in consistently.

His footwork and post moves in that video are still weak.
no you're wrong lol. you're talking to someone who watched literally every magic game from 2010-2012 (i had League Pass).

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
no you're wrong lol. you're talking to someone who watched literally every magic game from 2010-2012 (i had League Pass).

Lakers fans still think Dwight was the same player after the Lakers beat him in the Finals that year. He got better both seasons after. He was coming off back surgery last year and had a shitty attitude so what they got was the same Dwight that LA beat.

Chrono90
10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
It's because he's more healthy now......

Bigsmoke
10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Dwight was dealing with a lot of injuries

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Dwight was dealing with a lot of injuries

Jameer is right IMO. I know he was hurt last year, but that back surgery really really set him back. He basically has to relearn. His body isn't going to be the same as it was before. Certain movements will hurt no matter what. Things like that.

Crown&Coke
10-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Howard is moving so much better now. I really hope it's just because of health and not because he said **** it while he was in LA.

Even his defensive rotations look clean. He made an impact defensively with LA but his movement looked slow and thought through instead of quick and decisive

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Howard is moving so much better now. I really hope it's just because of health and not because he said **** it while he was in LA.

Even his defensive rotations look clean. He made an impact defensively with LA but his movement looked slow and thought through instead of quick and decisive

Honestly, I think it's both. Remember, he didn't have a training camp last offseason. He didn't really even get in shape until after the allstar break. Then the back issue. Couple that with playing with Kobe and I imagine any good player would half ass it.

Fresh Kid
10-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Dwight Howard was just scared of tha pressure in l.a plus being jealous of Kobe, and didn't like d'antoni's style, that's why.

Crown&Coke
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Honestly, I think it's both. Remember, he didn't have a training camp last offseason. He didn't really even get in shape until after the allstar break. Then the back issue. Couple that with playing with Kobe and I imagine any good player would half ass it.

I can see that. Kobe himself admitted he's tough to play with. During the all-star break a few years ago Kobe and Bynum bonded. That didn't happen last year with Dwight

And he did turn it up after the All-Star break. And he had the shoulder thing.

You can tell he is in a good place, the two games I seen he has smiled more while on the bench. He had TJones cracking up one time I was watching.

I got no beef with the man being happy

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM

This mutha fcuka choward never gave it a chance to work in LA.

He was never into it... The system... The organization...playing with Nash/pau & kobe.

So let it go. The player has to buyin into the system which he never did with Mike D'Toni

Bigsmoke
10-25-2013, 12:21 PM
This mutha fcuka choward never gave it a chance to work in LA.

He was never into it... The system... The organization...playing with Nash/pau & kobe.

So let it go. The player has to buyin into the system which he never did with Mike D'Toni

The Lakers are old as f`ck tho.

Dwight isnt that young to go through some rebuilding shit.

Mr. Jabbar
10-25-2013, 12:42 PM
dont worry, he'll f*** up everything for the rockets with his free throws and shitty offensive game in the most crucial moments

bdreason
10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Lakers didn't have the shooters or the athletes to run P&R all game.

EnoughSaid
10-25-2013, 01:43 PM
In before Dwight puts up 40/20 on the Lakers. :lol

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 01:46 PM
In before Dwight puts up 40/20 on the Lakers. :lol

As funny as this may sound, i really really really hopes he doesn't dunk on Pau Gasol. I like Pau a bunch. I think he's going to lead the Lakers to the playoffs this season.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM
The Lakers are old as f`ck tho.

Dwight isnt that young to go through some rebuilding shit.

huh? i was talking about his recent play with the rockets. rolling to the basket.

its about buying into the system & not procrastinating about the decision your FO made

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 01:57 PM
As funny as this may sound, i really really really hopes he doesn't dunk on Pau Gasol. I like Pau a bunch. I think he's going to lead the Lakers to the playoffs this season.

9 yrs in the league and this is the only thing he can do...lol

Mr. Jabbar
10-25-2013, 01:59 PM
is houston benching him the last 10 mins?

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 02:01 PM
9 yrs in the league and this is the only thing he can do...lol

The year after the Magic lost to the Lakers, he got better. It was right after he worked out with Hakeem. The following season he got even better. Expanded his offensive moves and even had a few post moves. He lost it cause of the back surgery though. He just has to relearn those moves. I know he had them because I watched him. Last season yall just had bad luck that's all.

OldSkoolball#52
10-25-2013, 02:47 PM
You think Nash, one of the best pick and roll guards ever, didnt try to run Pick and rolls with this scrub?

Wasnt Kobe running the offense last year? I heard all this acclaim about his "playmaking"

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
The year after the Magic lost to the Lakers, he got better. It was right after he worked out with Hakeem. The following season he got even better. Expanded his offensive moves and even had a few post moves. He lost it cause of the back surgery though. He just has to relearn those moves. I know he had them because I watched him. Last season yall just had bad luck that's all.

1 of the most dumbest things I have heard today.

because of back injury I understand if he is not able to dunk....how can you lose post moves?

post moves are all skills & a lot less dependent on Athleticism

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Wasnt Kobe running the offense last year? I heard all this acclaim about his "playmaking"

u can tweak that to your liking

Levity
10-25-2013, 05:07 PM

kobe's actually really good at running the pick n roll though. the pick n pop to gasol then over the top to bynum was an almost unstoppable play a few seasons back. they even did it a couple times with howard, but to less success.

whether it was health reasons, him not wanting to be here, or just not as skilled as people say he is, dwight looked turrrble last year running the pick n roll. he set weak screens (which is surprising for dwight, but maybe seen as evidence that he wasnt happy here), he couldnt catch the ball, and his rolls were always so awkard and inefficient. but he does look better this season. that can be credited to that fact that houston actually has 3pt shooters on the team that keeps the defense honest.

Jameerthefear
10-25-2013, 05:08 PM
lakers kobe fan you're really dumb. i posted a video to even show you his post moves before the injury and you still come in with ignorance. were his moves hakeem-like? no. but were they top 3 most effective in the LEAGUE? Yes.

longtime lurker
10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Dwight didn't want to run the pick and roll. What's the story here? Dwight's a little bitch nothing new.

cos88
10-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Nash wanted to run pick and roll with Dwight but Dwight didnt wanna play like that homie.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2457/m2fg.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/m2fg.jpg/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/4474/kobeselfish.jpg

and here is you if kobe ever comes to your shity town.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6007/2gs6.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/2gs6.gif/)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 06:56 PM
lakers kobe fan you're really dumb. i posted a video to even show you his post moves before the injury and you still come in with ignorance. were his moves hakeem-like? no. but were they top 3 most effective in the LEAGUE? Yes.

So smart, calling others dumb on internet

Dwight & post moves should not go in 1 sentence... Period

If there was any time to use them it was last yr.

Jameerthefear
10-25-2013, 06:57 PM
So smart, calling others dumb on internet

Dwight & post moves should not go in 1 sentence... Period

If there was any time to use them it was last yr.
did you not see the video I posted? I have tons more too if you want.

Highlights from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHnMmH7PORw

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
10-25-2013, 07:09 PM
did you not see the video I posted? I have tons more too if you want.

Highlights from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHnMmH7PORw

There is a reason they are called highlights

I can have tons with his broken post moves too

Its all relative.

I dont care for howard but i have watched him all last yr and there was not a single post move he had...it was turn over or horrendous herky jerky move or bricks from getting intentionally fouled

Let him do these moves deep in playoffs & ill agree with u ...

Still remember Grandpa Duncan abusing him on both ends last yr playoff

Jameerthefear
10-25-2013, 07:19 PM
There is a reason they are called highlights

I can have tons with his broken post moves too

Its all relative.

I dont care for howard but i have watched him all last yr and there was not a single post move he had...it was turn over or horrendous herky jerky move or bricks from getting intentionally fouled

Let him do these moves deep in playoffs & ill agree with u ...

Still remember Grandpa Duncan abusing him on both ends last yr playoff
read the op. I even said he didn't have the moves in LA, but people are acting like they were never there. He's done the moves in the playoffs too.

Nick Young
10-25-2013, 07:24 PM
I can see that. Kobe himself admitted he's tough to play with. During the all-star break a few years ago Kobe and Bynum bonded. That didn't happen last year with Dwight

And he did turn it up after the All-Star break. And he had the shoulder thing.

You can tell he is in a good place, the two games I seen he has smiled more while on the bench. He had TJones cracking up one time I was watching.

I got no beef with the man being happy
I wonder how you will feel seeing him smiling and giggling on the bench during 20 point blowout losses in the playoffs.

spiegel
10-25-2013, 07:27 PM
As opposed to Kobe giving up on the Lakers in game 7 against Phoenix?

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 07:29 PM

because of back injury I understand if he is not able to dunk....how can you lose post moves?

The movements aren't the same. Certain things are going to hurt him no matter what. Your muscles atrophy as well so even if it is no pain, you have to basically relearn them idiot

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 07:31 PM
read the op. I even said he didn't have the moves in LA, but people are acting like they were never there. He's done the moves in the playoffs too.

Read my other post. Lakers fans never saw Dwight again after Orlando lost to the Lakers. Those next two seasons he looked really really good. The cat you're arguing with is biased.

STATUTORY
10-25-2013, 07:32 PM
he thought he was too good for the pick and roll when he was with the lakers

La Frescobaldi
10-25-2013, 07:36 PM

No. All movement on the court depends on your trust level of your back. Even a twinge makes you think 500 times if it's going out again.
Howard had to go through it last season, no matter what team he was on.

Mr Exlax
10-25-2013, 07:39 PM
No. All movement on the court depends on your trust level of your back. Even a twinge makes you think 500 times if it's going out again.
Howard had to go through it last season, no matter what team he was on.

Either you've had back surgery too or you are in the medical field lol. I think about it even bending over to pull up my pants and I had my second surgery back in march.

JellyBean
10-25-2013, 11:15 PM
More like Dwight is putting forth the effort. Last season he gave Laker Nation nothing in terms of effort.

Funnyfuka
10-26-2013, 12:22 AM
dwight never wanted to be there in the first place. He trolled them hard. He never intended to stay, he was passive agressive from the get go, kobe prolly saw into his game from the beginning. He was just relaxing and not giving his best hoping to heal in order to be ready for the real contender he would join later.

TheBigVeto
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM
That had everything to do with it.

FTFY