PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever played a HS Sport? Is so, what's your favorite memory?

CanYouDigIt
10-26-2013, 12:40 PM
I've played Football and my best memory was beating our HS rivals in crunch time when being down for 3 quarters.

Jameerthefear
10-26-2013, 12:46 PM
running my best time and having the girl i like screaming my name

Myth
10-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Played basketball and did track.

I wasn't too great at basketball and rode the pine quite a bit, but I remember getting significant minutes in one game and I did (what was for me) filling up the stat sheet. Probably only 8 points (off good shooting %), but included about 4 rebounds, 5-6 assists, 2 blocks, and a couple of steals.

Track is harder to pinpoint 1 moment because I took first place a lot in my sprints. Though, in college it was probably getting under 50 seconds in the 400 and discovering it by having my teammates run up to me and pick up my lifeless corpse off the ground in celebration.

Edit: Actually, I remember a specific 1 for HS track. My class viewed this one guy who matured early as the most athletic and fastest guy in the class since middle school (he was also kind of a douche). My freshman year, he was the only varsity sprinter from my class, while I was consistently getting first in JV. At the beginning of the Sophomore season, I was put in my first varsity race and was in the lane next to him. I beat him, he was a douche about it and called it a fluke. He never beat me again in those final 3 years of high school. He was still a douche, but he never trash talked me ever again.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Running a train on this stacked cheerleader behind the bleachers. I think it as a cheerleader, she had pom-poms.

Bandito
10-26-2013, 03:30 PM
I remember running track and I lost the race against the rival school and this ho calling me slowass and a turtle.

Wally450
10-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanksgiving Day football junior year against our rival. Pouring rain all day so the field got torn up. Best part was our coach let us wear white on white and get absolutely dirty. :pimp:

b1imtf
10-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Played basketball. Best memory is going to the national championship

hateraid
10-26-2013, 04:27 PM
basketball and adminton. I was better at badminton, went state

Myth
10-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I also remember sprinting 1 on 1 as the final leg of a 4x1 team against our rival school, and beating Derek Anderson even though I had an injured knee and was only a freshman. Derek Anderson went on to play QB at Oregon State and has had a not so great NFL career.

christian1923
10-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Doing the fat man relay at a track meet.

MetsPackers
10-26-2013, 06:53 PM
I wrestled and this one time we were tied in team score, I was the last match, we went to 4 overtimes and I won with literally 5 seconds left. It was their homecoming and both crowds had been going nuts since before the first overtime. Coaches were about to fight. Parents were about to fight. And when I won I flipped off their crowd and there was about to be a serious brawl. It was the best feeling I don't think i'll ever forget that

In football when I was a freshman we were one game away from going to the state championship. I was only on special teams but we were down 14 midway through the 3rd. I wrecked this kid on kickoff and forced a fumble and then we scored. Then we had to do an onside kid with like 3 mins left in the game. The ball was bouncing high as hell and I just dived through the air between like 4 of their guys and got the ball. We won and ultimately won states. Had mad bytches on my dick after that one

Myth
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Doing the fat man relay at a track meet.

I always loved watching those. They were sorely missed in college track meets.

Myth
10-26-2013, 07:05 PM
And when I won I flipped off their crowd

Classy.

niko
10-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I pitched sometimes and I was an outfielder as well on a so-so team. The top four teams made the playoffs and we'd make it if we won this game. I was playing CF. We were winning 6-0 the whole game practically and our pitcher implodes, gives up 4 runs, and then shits his pants and walks three hitters to load the bases. Our coach brought me in and just said throw strikes and we'll deal with it. (The starter was much better than me.) Stupid batter was trying to walk to bring in a run, got the first strike, then he swung and missed the second, then took the third pitch right down the pipe for a strikeout. Everyone rushed the mound. It was pretty fun.

Funny aside, my girlfriend was this really cute girl who was probably a space alien (she lived in her own world) was sitting there staring at her nails or something and missed the celebration and asked me "who won?" when i got her later.

CanYouDigIt
10-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Another question for people: Have you ever got into/almost got into a fight during a game?

I almost started a fight playing Football because this big mother****er was playing dirty the whole game, so in the 4th, I constantly pushed him after the whistle and talked shit. I never got a flag thrown on me so I was stoked. :D

Rake2204
10-26-2013, 10:18 PM
My favorite high school memory was dropping the first 20 point game of my career in a 13 point victory over an eventual state semi-finalists. I finished with 22 & 11. The victory thrust us into first place and led to my being named Player of the Week by our region's newspaper. It all happened pretty fast. It was a fun week.
Another question for people: Have you ever got into/almost got into a fight during a game?I always attempted to keep a pretty clear line between game and real life, so fighting was never an option. That said, I operated under the assumption that certain opponents could not discriminate so effectively. I drew a fair bit of technical fouls from those who could not handle adversity very well.

I've absorbed some good shots in my day as well. Here's a fun one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va0UqjK6ys

Heavincent
10-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I was a backup RB in high school and I remember the starter got hurt so I got a bunch of carries and had a pretty decent game (got a TD). That was my career highlight I guess :oldlol: I was pretty average.

bigkingsfan
10-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Starting running back for middle school flag football team. Was like 5th string for HS, said F it and quit.

CanYouDigIt
10-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I've absorbed some good shots in my day as well. Here's a fun one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va0UqjK6ys
Damn, if that were to happen to me I'd probably get a tech for jawing with the other players. At least you kept your cool, which is professional. I seem to have that Chris Anderson gene where if you mess with my teammates, I'll mess with you. Good thing is that in football, physical contact allowed.

Nice hustle btw :D

Le Shaqtus
10-27-2013, 12:59 AM
I ran Track and Cross Country.

Best memory (and most painful) was coming second in the 4x8 by less than half a second at the State finals. By the end of the season we broke the school record and were ranked 14th in the nation.

bdreason
10-27-2013, 01:02 AM
My best memories actually come from 7th and 8th grade, when I was the best player on the team and won back to back championships. In high school I was a starter, but not nearly as dominant, and never won a championship.

Myth
10-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Another question for people: Have you ever got into/almost got into a fight during a game?

No, but I do remember that on a road basketball game a couple people who were in the crowd from my high school started talking shit to the crowd when we were winning late. The few guys from my school were complete douche bags who were not friends with any players, yet it got under the skin of that crowd. When we won, the crowd started coming onto the court to confront our team. Our coaches ushered us out of the gym pretty quick but we still had to wait for our bus to pull up. A few hundred people surrounded our teams (JV and Varsity, so roughly 24 players plus our coaches) and it got heated. None of us said shit knowing that if shit went down, they could have killed us with those numbers. Although, the JV coach did yell something like "Get the f*ck back, what is wrong with you people!" We got on the bus with no violence actually going down. That was the start of a budding rivalry since that was only our 2nd year in that league.

T-Time3
10-27-2013, 02:34 AM
1. selected to be the starting PG in city's all star team in my senior year

2. In my junior year, my school is an underdog and we somehow advanced to the city's final four to face the best school. that game, we got beat up in the 1st quarter but managed to almost pull an upset, the game is tie with the 0:27 remaining on the 4thQ.
the next possesion will be stuck in my head forever cus i turn the ball over and my opponent won by 2 pts to advance to the finals :( it took me 2 days to get out of my room bcus i dont wanna meet my teammates
but still, i'm so happy that almost 80% students come to cheer us on that game

LBJMVP
10-27-2013, 03:07 AM
i played high school basketball.

ive told this story once here before...

to start it off i will say that my best friend did this thing he loved to do, which was start chanting my name in huge crowds of people. whether it was a student assembly, in the stand at football games or whatever... everyone would join in chanting my name and i hated it.

the only time i did like it was when i would sub into a game (i was the 6th man) and while i was waiting at the scoring table to get in everyone would chant my name.

well this game in particular was my senior year, parents night, and the last game i would play on my home court in high school.

well it was a tight game and it came down to the final seconds.

there was like 20 seconds left and it was a tie game and the other team had the ball. their point guard drains the clock to ten seconds and goes in for a layup. as he is about to rise up i realize not a single person is looking at the other side of the court so i start sprinting down there.

his layup gets blocked off the backboard and someone on my team get the rebound and throws a perfect pass to me. i catch it off the dribble and hit the game winning shot.

my teammates put me and their shoulders and the whole student section is chanting my name. next day at a student assembly the principle mentions the game and the whole school just goes off chanting my name.

it was the stuff from dreams.

i still have the video of the game. it was f*ckin awesome. will never forget it.

CeltsGarlic
10-27-2013, 11:04 AM
I played ball, and while our team was awful I was having first half of my life. It ended I think 38-42 and I had about ~25 points and made a super crazy buzzer beater at the end of 2Q. We had about 5 secs inbouded from half court, I passed to ball to this one guy who cant play and dude passed back to me while I was close to the circle in the middle of the court. I made couple steps and jacked up a fade away without even looking properly. It went swish, and opponents high fived me and those guys where great. I mean, few of them are pro now. We lost badly tho. Something along the lines of 120-75.