PDA

View Full Version : Edna Krabappel has died

bagelred
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/26/marcia-wallace-actress-from-the-simpsons-and-the-bob-newhart-show-dies-at-70/

As Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons, Marcia Wallace may be the only 4th-grade teacher to have the same student for 24 years. Before that, she was beloved as Carol Kester, the lovelorn, wisecracking secretary on The Bob Newhart Show.

Wallace, who was a breast cancer survivor for 28 years, has died at age 70, according to the showrunner of The Simpsons. “I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace,” producer Al Jean said in a statement to EW. “She was beloved by all at The Simpsons and we intend to retire her irreplaceable character.”

http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/17/751b90c6e16a5797c25a1b4495867426.jpg

Principal Skinner is going to be devastated.

RIP

On a site note, what would happen if Hank Azaria or Harry Shearer died? How would they replace them? They do a bunch of voices each....

gigantes
10-26-2013, 02:08 PM
i reckon billy west or someone like that could handle azaria's duties. shearer has kind of a unique voice, though. i don't know if even captain billy would be up to that.

anyway, sad... and she was quite brilliant as that character. OTOH, she did make it to 70. sucks having to deal with cancer, though.

OldSkoolball#52
10-26-2013, 02:18 PM
http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/17/751b90c6e16a5797c25a1b4495867426.jpg

Principal Skinner is going to be devastated.

RIP

On a site note, what would happen if Hank Azaria or Harry Shearer died? How would they replace them? They do a bunch of voices each....

Trillions robbed from the US Treasury to fight illegal wars because Israel says so and all you have interest in posting about is The Simpsons????

Americans. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hammerhead:

Myth
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Damn, I thought it was the character based on this: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/the-simpsons-to-kill-off-major-character-20131001

Edit: Well, she had breast cancer, so she may have planned on retiring, and she had won an Emmy with the character, so I think this was her final season anyway. I don't think this means they are losing 2 characters. I wonder who the new teacher will be.

gigantes
10-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Trillions robbed from the US Treasury to fight illegal wars because Israel says so and all you have interest in posting about is The Simpsons????

Americans. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :hammerhead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hammerhead:
you could use some trolling tips, senor hombre duro. but you've come to the right site. :D

Myth
10-26-2013, 02:39 PM

If we don't go on with our usual lives, the terrorists win.

DuMa
10-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I still miss Lionel Hutz :(

B-Low
10-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Wow that sucks :(

RIP Ms. Wallace. She was great in the role

OldSkoolball#52
10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
If we don't go on with our usual lives, the terrorists win.

I think you may have missed what I did there...

Unless Im somehow missing what youre doing here....

:crazysam:

Scholar
10-26-2013, 03:30 PM
I didn't know the woman who did Edna's voice was 70! Wow! I haven't watched The Simpsons since that episode a few years back when Edna and Flanders began dating, but I loved this show as a kid. It's as old as me.
I should probably watch it again. It's coming to an end soon.

Bandito
10-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Wait wasn't Edna married to Flanders? Is that two widows on a row now? Poor Flanders...

Lakers Legend#32
10-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh man, Edna was HAWT! :banana:

BoogieWoogieMan
10-26-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.reactimg.com/images/95.gif

Myth
10-26-2013, 04:38 PM
I didn't know the woman who did Edna's voice was 70! Wow! I haven't watched The Simpsons since that episode a few years back when Edna and Flanders began dating, but I loved this show as a kid. It's as old as me.
I should probably watch it again. It's coming to an end soon.

Well, Simpsons is about 25 years old, so anybody who started that show near middle-aged is getting up there. Most of them are about 55-70 years old now.

bigkingsfan
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
"ha!"

MiguelSanchez
10-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Today is truly a very sad day. RIP to a very talented woman.

gigantes
10-26-2013, 06:34 PM
The Simpsons crew probably already knew Marcia Wallace was gravely ill so they kept it secret and then announced that one major character will die this season. She probably had her last recordings by then.

RIP
uh, no... just no. :facepalm

Myth
10-26-2013, 06:43 PM
uh, no... just no. :facepalm

His guess made sense. I was wondering the same since they announced that and she had breast cancer. Wikipedia was updated (I know, not always reliable) and the frontrunner suggested that the character would be "Retired." Not sure if that means literally have her character retire, or if they meant have her die.

gigantes
10-26-2013, 07:19 PM
My apology.
no problemo. :cheers:

His guess made sense. I was wondering the same since they announced that and she had breast cancer. ...
sorry, but no again. it would be incredibly, unbelievably tasteless. you can bet your ass that loads of simpsons fans would be outraged.

planning on killing her character, then announcing it, while the woman was gravely ill or even just fighting off a remission you must be joking me, dude.

MiguelSanchez
10-26-2013, 07:21 PM
no problemo. :cheers:

sorry, but no again. it would be incredibly, unbelievably tasteless. you can bet your ass that loads of simpsons fans would be outraged.

planning on killing her character, then announcing it, while the woman was gravely ill or even just fighting off a remission you must be joking me, dude.

Exactly, it would just be tasteless and incredibly insensitive to do something like that.

niko
10-26-2013, 07:38 PM
you could use some trolling tips, senor hombre duro. but you've come to the right site. :D
He's not trolling, he's legitimately just a moron.

Myth
10-26-2013, 08:32 PM

It wouldn't be tasteless if she told them that she wanted to retire because of her health and was ok with the character dying. This was the assumption I was going off. I agree it would be tasteless if the writing staff decided to kill her off because of her health against her wishes.

gigantes
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM
oh god. lol...

B-Low
11-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Tonight's chalkboard gag :(

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/simpsons-chalkboard-marciawallace.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-04-2013, 12:19 PM
His guess made sense. I was wondering the same since they announced that and she had breast cancer. Wikipedia was updated (I know, not always reliable) and the frontrunner suggested that the character would be "Retired." Not sure if that means literally have her character retire, or if they meant have her die.
thought the article said she had breast cancer 27 years ago...

gigantes
11-04-2013, 12:23 PM
thought the article said she had breast cancer 27 years ago...
she beat it at the time. but it recently came back.

that's why i was incredulous about some of the comments.