PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Green for Omer Asik

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 02:18 PM
We all know about the Ryan Anderson for Asik trade but I don't think the Pelicans are interested. What about Jeff Green for Asik? Good trade for both teams imo.

Dwight
Parsons
Green
Harden
Beverley

Asik
Sullinger
Wallace
Lee
Bradley

I would agree to it as a Cs fan but would the Rockets?

russwest0
10-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Why would the C's do that while you are trying to tank

Jameerthefear
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
What would be the Rockets reason for this? So far Asik have played really well together. Defense and rebounding have been absolutely spectacular.

qrich
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Rockets would ask for more in return.

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
What would be the Rockets reason for this? So far Asik have played really well together. Defense and rebounding have been absolutely spectacular.
I think they'd be better if they had a PF who can space the floor for Dwight to do his thing down low. Parsons fits that well, and then they get Green to play at SF.

DuMa
10-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Rockets will want to see what Asik/Dwight can do in the regular season. so far they been shutting teams down

CanYouDigIt
10-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Because Asik is more likely to win you games then Green. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Weak post. 1/10. Stick to talking about Lebron.

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Asik is more valuable because of what he can do for a team as a true big but the Cs would average 80 points. Even after Rondo returned there wouldn't be much scoring.

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Off-topic but I also think a Brandon Bass for Andre Miller trade would benefit both sides. We need a backup PG and why not get a veteran PG like Miller while Denver would fix the clogging at the PG position with Nate and Ty there as well.

RR#9
10-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Not bad, but I'm still clinging to the hope of Jeff turning into a 20+ ppg player since he's getting a bigger role on the team this year :D . He looked really good at times last season (vs Miami for instance).

CanYouDigIt
10-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Off-topic but I also think a Brandon Bass for Andre Miller trade would benefit both sides. We need a backup PG and why not get a veteran PG like Miller while Denver would fix the clogging at the PG position with Nate and Ty there as well.
Celtics should develop Phil Pressey into a good PG off the bench that can score from the outside.

qrich
10-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Because Asik is more likely to win you games then Green. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Weak post. 1/10. Stick to talking about Lebron.

Wasn't that his point? Why trade for a guy who is more "likely to win you games" when you are tanking?

Human Error
10-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Asik is too good to be traded for Jeff Green straightup. Miami once considered sending Bosh to get Asik.

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Miller wouldn't want to be here. He's a vet so he won't want to be losing and when Rondo returns he's coming off the bench while losing. Cs shouldn't worry about a balanced roster until they have an established core.

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Miller wouldn't want to be here. He's a vet so he won't want to be losing and when Rondo returns he's coming off the bench while losing. Cs shouldn't worry about a balanced roster until they have an established core.
I guess. Do you like the Asik trade though?

ballup
10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
While Green currently has some mysterious vslue to him, the Rockets may want more.

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 03:08 PM
I would gladly give them Crawford if that's what it takes?

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM
I guess. Do you like the Asik trade though?
I guess it's good just so that the Cs can have one of the few legit centers. The offense would be terrible but Green's presence only makes it slightly better than that. The age is the same. I think the Rockets might want a lttle more because they don't particularly need Green, he might make them a little better as a scoring threat off the bench but if they're wise I think they'll go big with Howard and Asik, presenting a factor of size almost no one else in the NBA has in the modern era. I bet they'd have an easier time with perimeter PFs that they see all the time than opposing teams that almost never deal with Twin Towers in the paint.

MiseryCityTexas
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Rockets would ask for more in return.

Celtics don't have anything else the Rockets would want other than Rondo.

MiseryCityTexas
10-26-2013, 03:14 PM
While Green currently has some mysterious value to him, the Rockets may want more.

Obviously you completely forgot about how good a player Jeff Green was for the Thunder. SMFH Thunder were some idiots for trading him to the Celtics For garbage ass Perkins. A team of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green woulda made the Finals almost every year. Thunder are great at drafting players, but are ****ing terrible at trades and off season moves.

russwest0
10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Obviously you completely forgot about how good a player Jeff Green was for the Thunder. SMFH Thunder were some idiots for trading him to the Celtics For garbage ass Perkins. A team of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green woulda made the Finals almost every year. Thunder are great at drafting players, but are ****ing terrible at trades and off season moves.

Yes because Green has set the world on fire in Boston.

Do people not realize OKC had Ibaka that Green was stealing minutes from?

Right now Perkins is doing the same thing with Steven Adams.

Move around, child

MiseryCityTexas
10-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes because Green has set the world on fire in Boston.

Do people not realize OKC had Ibaka that Green was stealing minutes from?

Right now Perkins is doing the same thing with Steven Adams.

Move around, child

Which is absolutely nothing.

Honestly Serge Ibaka was a lot better coming off the bench. Hell they coulda brought Jeff Green off the bench. Still the fact remains that the Thunder were a much better team then than they are now. hell they were better then even after the Kendrick Trade that year cause they still had Harden.

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Celtics don't have anything else the Rockets would want other than Rondo.
The Celts have a few picks from other teams and a few PFs, which the Rockets would want if they dealt Asik.

salwan
10-26-2013, 03:32 PM
decent proposal, but I still have some hope for Green. I think his ceiling is bigger than Asik's, if he can be more aggressive on the court.

Real Men Wear Green
10-26-2013, 03:37 PM
decent proposal, but I still have some hopes for Green. I think his ceiling is bigger than Asik's, if he can be more aggressive on the court.
He's 27 so we can't expect huge change in his game. He should score in the high teens this season because there's no one else that can create a shot until Rondo returns but if he's teamed with scorers like Harden and Howard he's going to act like a 13 ppg roleplayer. It's just his nature.

Shade8780
10-26-2013, 03:44 PM
And tbh, Wallace has been playing very good in the preseason, better than Green in fact.

ProfessorMurder
10-26-2013, 03:50 PM
And tbh, Wallace has been playing very good in the preseason, better than Green in fact.

That's because Crash is a better player than Green.

Owl
10-26-2013, 04:29 PM
We all know about the Ryan Anderson for Asik trade but I don't think the Pelicans are interested. What about Jeff Green for Asik? Good trade for both teams imo.

Dwight
Parsons
Green
Harden
Beverley

Asik
Sullinger
Wallace
Lee
Bradley

I would agree to it as a Cs fan but would the Rockets?
Rockets wouldn't.

Anderson and Green aren't remotely in the same ballpark. For a simple summary see the advanced metrics
Anderson: career PER 18.3, Career WS/48 .162
Green: career PER 13.2, Career WS/48 .076

Asik, given his defensive ability, has a value inbetween the two but I can't see either trade happening (at least not straight up).

Owl
10-26-2013, 04:34 PM
His numbers in OKC were worse than last year in Boston. Despite having Westbrook and Durant (and some of the time Harden) pulling defensive attention away from him, his shooting percentages were pedestrian, and by all metrics I saw he was nothing special (back up level).

Which isn't to say committing big money to Perk instead wasn't a mistake.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Green would be an insanely good 3rd/4th option to harden howard and parsons. He scored so well in the playoffs (21ppg?) because the Knicks were focused on pierce and garnett as teams would focus on harden and Howard vs Houston. If Houston wanted Bass as well I'd been fine with that, would need filler from Houston though

Meticode
10-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Asik is getting paid 5.5 mil this season. Next season (his expiring season) he gets paid 14.5 million :eek:

salwan
10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
He's 27 so we can't expect huge change in his game. He should score in the high teens this season because there's no one else that can create a shot until Rondo returns but if he's teamed with scorers like Harden and Howard he's going to act like a 13 ppg roleplayer. It's just his nature.

damn, time is flying fast :eek:

Asik is not any younger either, so I guess I would hope Jeff can start the season strongly and increase his trade value and then move him for a younger talent

noob cake
10-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Rockets wouldn't.

Anderson and Green aren't remotely in the same ballpark. For a simple summary see the advanced metrics

Asik, given his defensive ability, has a value inbetween the two but I can't see either trade happening (at least not straight up).

Asik has more value than Anderson. Front court players are valued way more; just look at the type of PF/C you get with 10m compared to wring players for 10m/year. You can always sign a SF to play Anderson's role on offense.

Value: Asik > Anderson >> Green

longtime lurker
10-26-2013, 06:41 PM
A tanking team has no use for Asik.

ballup
10-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Green wasn't a very good player for the Thunder. He played his secondary position primarily, resulting in sub par results and a stunt in his growth. He cannot defend real 4s on a regular basis and he couldn't provide a strong enough post game to make his impact on the offensive side of the floor significantly positive.

Jeff Green still has value in the potential department. That's what his trade value is dependent upon.

mugiwara
10-26-2013, 08:15 PM

Denver have more then enough inept defensive bigs. Miller too a contender.

OldSkoolball#52
10-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Playing with one big (Dwight) surrounded by four shooters worked for the Magic for one year, in the eastern conference.

I dont see how you realistically expect to contend on a regular basis starting Chandler Parsons at the four.

Could be wrong, but I just dont see it.

Shade8780
10-27-2013, 05:11 AM
Rockets wouldn't.

Which is why the Pelicans said they won't accept that trade....

Shade8780
10-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Playing with one big (Dwight) surrounded by four shooters worked for the Magic for one year, in the eastern conference.

I dont see how you realistically expect to contend on a regular basis starting Chandler Parsons at the four.

Could be wrong, but I just dont see it.
Parsons at the 3 last year averaged 5.3 rebounds and 0.4 blocks. Anderson averaged 6.6 rebounds and 0.4 blocks too except he was playing the 4. Parsons can be an athletic, more fluid Ryan Anderson at PF for Houston this season if they decide to play him there with Green at SF. He's 6'10" as well, taller than Z-Bo.

BlackWhiteGreen
10-27-2013, 05:28 AM
A tanking team has no use for Asik.

He'd fit perfectly with Olynyk without being good enough offensively to carry us to more wins this year. The year after, he's a $14.5m expirer, so if we didn't want to keep him (which we might, to fit with Rondo, Olynyk and a top 5 pick) we could include him with picks for a team looking to get rid of a big contract (Eric Gordon?) or, because he's a top 10 centre, we'd always be able to get good assets in return for him.

In terms of losing games - we'd have the worst spacing in the league. Olynyk would be about the only guy getting serious minutes who can hit 3s