PDA

View Full Version : Victor Oladipo

pinhead
10-26-2013, 05:38 PM
This kid is incredible. If he is not the best player in the NBA inside 3 years I will be shocked. Wow, what a beast.

NugzFan
10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
This kid is incredible. If he is not the best player in the NBA inside 3 years I will be shocked. Wow, what a beast.

Best player within 3 years? Based on preseason?

Jameerthefear
10-26-2013, 05:47 PM
:applause: Not sure about the best player in three years though. We still have Lebron, and Durant hasn't even reached his prime yet.

BlazerRed
10-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Kid's good but come on..

Meticode
10-26-2013, 05:53 PM
He's had a decent pre-season. Likely to be a star in the league. I would be surprised if he became a top 10 player though.

Unforgiven
10-26-2013, 06:47 PM
He's had a decent pre-season. Likely to be a star in the league. I would be surprised if he became a top 10 player though.

How do you think his rookie season will be, in comparison to someone like Lillard?

Meticode
10-26-2013, 06:53 PM
How do you think his rookie season will be, in comparison to someone like Lillard?
It depends on how Orlando is using him. If they make him straight out the starting PG he'll be fine, or the starting SG with Jameer Nelson starting point he'll be fine. I feel like he's more of a scorer than a distribute or runner of the offense.

I think he'll have a very similar season to Lillard, but he'll get more of a chance to take more shots than Lillard becuase he came one a decent team with Aldridge in the mix as the scorer on the team.

In this case Oladipo has a chance to be the number one option.

I would imagine something 16-18PPG on 43-44% shooting with 6 assists. It just really depends upon how much the Magic play him versus how much they want to try to take for Lillard.

pauk
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
lol... dunno about that... but he has great perimeter one on one defense though, its absolutely ridicilous, like a bigger & quicker Avery Bradley, wouldnt be surprised if he is soon in 1st all-defensive team and regarded as the best perimeter one on one defender, its that good.

cos88
10-26-2013, 07:52 PM

not only he already is the best player in the nba but he is the best player since the big bang 13 billion years ago. 3 preseason games are enough for me.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Kyrie and Dipo would have been such a ridiculous backcourt. In 2-3 years, you could have been looking at the best offensive guard and defensive guard on the same team. And obviously you can't tell until you see them in action, but it would seem that their games mesh perfectly.

Thank god Cleveland didn't draft him. Potential dynasty adverted. Would have been Zeke-Dumars redux.

DukeDelonte13
10-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Kyrie and Dipo would have been such a ridiculous backcourt. In 2-3 years, you could have been looking at the best offensive guard and defensive guard on the same team. And obviously you can't tell until you see them in action, but it would seem that their games mesh perfectly.

Thank god Cleveland didn't draft him. Potential dynasty adverted. Would have been Zeke-Dumars redux.

maybe. We'll have to see how dipo develops. If he starts consistently being able to create off the dribble he easily has top 5 SG potential.

Ancient Legend
10-27-2013, 04:14 AM
His game and Jumpshot look remarkably similar to Sonics-Bucks era Ray Allen.

Shade8780
10-27-2013, 05:19 AM
I like him a lot, but best player in three years, over LeBron and KD?! :roll:

TheReturn
10-27-2013, 07:47 AM
His game and Jumpshot look remarkably similar to Sonics-Bucks era Ray Allen.
:facepalm

PleezeBelieve
10-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Shot 41% in the preseason and got sh*t on by D:Waiters

Greatness!

HylianNightmare
10-27-2013, 09:40 AM
i doubt the magic will just give him free reign, they will develop him slowly while still allowing harkless nicholson, vuc harris and the rest of the team develop

Meticode
10-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Shot 41% in the preseason and got sh*t on by D:Waiters

Greatness!
It's funny you mention that because Waiters shot 40% in the pre-season. :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
10-27-2013, 11:03 AM
It's funny you mention that because Waiters shot 40% in the pre-season. :oldlol:

Brad Beal smoked them both :pimp:
52% shooting 47% on 3's 20.7 ppg

PleezeBelieve
10-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Brad Beal smoked them both :pimp:
52% shooting 47% on 3's 20.7 ppg
He did most of that against back ups :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
10-27-2013, 01:13 PM
He did most of that against back ups :oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFcZV80ffE
bullshit
and dion only played against starters right? :facepalm

GatorKid117
10-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Really excited to see Beal this season.

Expecting a big year from him.

Mass Debator
10-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Just no :facepalm

He's just going to be a better Leandro Barbosa.

Jameerthefear
10-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Just no :facepalm

He's just going to be a better Leandro Barbosa.
lolno

fsvr54
10-27-2013, 02:45 PM
A lesser D Wade but still great.

Le Shaqtus
10-27-2013, 02:49 PM
He looked good in the pre season. Although I'd rather have him start at the 2, when the regular season starts.

Mass Debator
10-27-2013, 03:21 PM
lolno
I'll be surprised if Oladipo eclipses the 20ppg mark in the NBA. He was like what, around 13ppg in his senior year in college? Not a great free throw shooter and not enough handles to be a top offensive threat on a team. He's not as fluid as I'd want him to be like an MJ, Kobe, or Wade. More like a Drexler without the height or offensive arsenal of moves. Not even sure he'll even be better than Paul George. He's like a Tony Allen with a 3 shot...a combo of Barbosa and Allen...a 16/6/4 type player with elite defense. Probably peak out at 18/6/5.

I don't know how that can be a top 3 NBA player.

Jameerthefear
10-27-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll be surprised if Oladipo eclipses the 20ppg mark in the NBA. He was like what, around 13ppg in his senior year in college? Not a great free throw shooter and not enough handles to be a top offensive threat on a team. He's not as fluid as I'd want him to be like an MJ, Kobe, or Wade. More like a Drexler without the height or offensive arsenal of moves. Not even sure he'll even be better than Paul George. He's like a Tony Allen with a 3 shot...a combo of Barbosa and Allen...a 16/6/4 type player with elite defense. Probably peak out at 18/6/5.

I don't know how that can be a top 3 NBA player.
this is why ur in the red now.

Mass Debator
10-27-2013, 10:42 PM
this is why ur in the red now.
Lol you act like I care. You are biased. Victor won't be a top 10 player ever. Deal with it.

outbreak
10-27-2013, 10:44 PM
I can see him getting a few all star appearances and being in the top 20 but not top 10. I think he'll be more of a great side kick rather than the star of the show. One things for sure though he is a stat sheet stuffer and fun to watch

chips93
10-27-2013, 10:48 PM
i doubt the magic will just give him free reign, they will develop him slowly while still allowing harkless nicholson, vuc harris and the rest of the team develop

what position do you and the other orlando fans think he should play?

i thought handles were a weakness of his coming out of college, so i was very surprised to see him playing pg

outbreak
10-27-2013, 10:51 PM
what position do you and the other orlando fans think he should play?

i thought handles were a weakness of his coming out of college, so i was very surprised to see him playing pg

For now I thought he would be playing back up minutes at the point when Jameer takes his breaks, I remember reading either Vaughn or Hennigan said that a while back. I guess it depends on how he progresses though over the first part of the season

Take Your Lumps
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
How about we let these kids play some regular season games before squawking about what they're going to be like years down the road?

For now, just enjoy the show.

http://i.imgur.com/fo6Dzrb.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
10-28-2013, 11:42 AM
lol I like him but he's not gonna be the best player in the league at any point in his career.