PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinion on player fans?

RagaZ
10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
People like Silkktheshocker, Pauk, Nash, Tmacattack33 etc.

They dont support a team. Sometimes they actually want their favorite player's teammates to fail, so it makes their player look better :lol

Le Shaqtus
10-27-2013, 07:12 PM
The ones on this board suck but I'm sure there are plenty of great player only fans around.

I think Pauk is pretty good, he'll just get a little delusional sometimes, otherwise everyone else is pretty crap.

Fresh Kid
10-27-2013, 07:16 PM
I believe them people just love one player and dont give a damn about tha other teammates just like u said, they have lovefest for their prince charming especially fruitcakez like Lebron who had to "cheat" his way to go to tha top. bandwagon fans are tha worst kind of fans ever, I simply will never have any pity for them:confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
10-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Every single player fan I've met in real life and on the Internet was a ******. So.

Fresh Kid
10-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Every single player fan I've met in real life and on the Internet was a ******. So.
except for me man:D

Jameerthefear
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
except for me man:D
you're a player fan?

Fresh Kid
10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
you're a player fan?
my bad bro, I thought u meant fans in general, and I misread :facepalm

Scholar
10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
:confusedshrug:

I used to think it was stupid of them to root for only one specific player, but now I just don't care. Root for whoever you want. Makes no difference to me. Your fandom isn't ruining my enjoyment of basketball, and when it comes to those who are excessive player centric fans, I just ignore them, which is obviously easier to do online than in person.

Legends66NBA7
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
:confusedshrug:

I used to think it was stupid of them to root for only one specific player, but now I just don't care. Root for whoever you want. Makes no difference to me. Your fandom isn't ruining my enjoyment of basketball, and when it comes to those who are excessive player centric fans, I just ignore them, which is obviously easier to do online than in person.

Similar view, except I think it's pretty easy ignore these people in person too, since I rarely meet anybody with over the top fan hood like some of the player fans who act on here.

Dr. Ice
10-27-2013, 07:34 PM
weak-minded individuals and bandwagoners. I personally consider them to be a lower level of sports fan, but that's just my opinion.

tmacattack33
10-27-2013, 07:51 PM
What is this lol... in my other thread when I said Im able to follow the nba with more enthusiasm than the nfl, I wasn't just talking about Lebron.

If that was the case, the nfl would be more interesting to me because the other 29 teams in the nba would bore me. So I was talking in general... I can become a fan of a few players and gain an interest in watching them play... Like currently I have a big interest in rooting for the heat, warriors, hornets, and t-wolves... Over the years I just started to like Lebron and bosh in Miami, steph curry and igoudala, Jrue holiday in New Orleans , and Rubio + k love in Minnesota . I like those guys and it gives me a reason to watch their games. I said I can't find the same interest in nfl teams because each player is just 1/25th of the team (except for qb's) and so if I like 2 players on a team I still really won't have a reason to watch that teams games and root for them.

Meticode
10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
What is this lol... in my other thread when I said Im able to follow the nba with more enthusiasm than the nfl, I wasn't just talking about Lebron.

If that was the case, the nfl would be more interesting to me because the other 29 teams in the nba would bore me. So I was talking in general... I can become a fan of a few players and gain an interest in watching them play... Like currently I have a big interest in rooting for the heat, warriors, hornets, and t-wolves... Over the years I just started to like Lebron and bosh in Miami, steph curry and igoudala, Jrue holiday in New Orleans , and Rubio + k love in Minnesota . I like those guys and it gives me a reason to watch their games. I said I can't find the same interest in nfl teams because each player is just 1/25th of the team (except for qb's) and so if I like 2 players on a team I still really won't have a reason to watch that teams games and root for them.
So are you saying you just don't like the generality of team sports where a multitude of effort from multiple individuals will determine the outcome of a game. Where as in basketball one player can determine a game?

Kblaze8855
10-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Worst kind of fan usually. Doesnt mean there arent reasonable ones. But places like this make it seem that way.

Fans of a player who hate on the rest of the team are hard to deal with. Some of the up front ones who make it clear they have no loyalty to the team....ok. At least its honest.

Dont act like a real fan repping a team then leave when the player does.

Meticode
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM
StroShow an exception to this?

The JKidd Kid
10-27-2013, 08:06 PM
I think theyre ******* that are too impatient to go through the bad times.

christian1923
10-27-2013, 08:09 PM
That Shit is really really weird.

gts
10-27-2013, 08:34 PM

Definitely, he's a huge fan of basketball first.

imdaman99
10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
If they're gonna like Lebron, they can't get too attached to a team. He's just gonna leave them high and dry. Their favorite player has no loyalty, so why would they?

DaSeba5
10-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Some good, some bad like any fan. Most of the ones on here are trolls, or take their obsession too far.

InfiniteBaskets
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
I think every basketball fan is to some degree, a player fan of certain players. I liked Zo as a player, even when he wasn't playing for the Heat, same with Hardaway.

Saw Patty Mills tear it up in the Olympics in 2008 and watched him at St. Mary's + his days in the NBA, wished him well all throughout. Same with Jeremy Lin, saw him dunk on Jerome Dyson/Kemba Walker at Uconn, followed him for a bit and couldn't believe it when Linsanity hit. Pat Beverly got cut by Miami a while back, but liked what I saw and continue to watch him intermittently when Houston plays.

But the difference is I'm not on ISH creating Beverly / Lin threads ten times a day. If a certain player catches your attention and you can relate to him, or just like his style of play, it's fine as long as you're not annoying about it.

I would even go as far to say the majority of player fans are more knowledgeable about basketball/NBA than casual sports fans.

tmacattack33
10-27-2013, 09:28 PM
So are you saying you just don't like the generality of team sports where a multitude of effort from multiple individuals will determine the outcome of a game. Where as in basketball one player can determine a game?

I'm saying I like to root for a team because i like its players, not because of the teams city affiliation or team legacy or history or whatever.

So, over the course of 20 years, I can hate one specific team and then love them later on. Like I used to love Orlando with Penny and Shaq but hated them with Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson.

And so i guess i don't like football much anymore because its pretty hard to really get to know 22 players (or 15...the equivalent of 3 basketball players on a 5 man team).

MontaHardaway
10-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Player fans are not the worst, not by a long shot.

The worst are fans of perpetually bad franchises(i.e. cavaliers, timberwolves, jazz, etc.)

They blindly support their idiot owners who never reward their fans. They also insult everyone's intelligence with overtly long diatribes about mediocre players and terrible picks(bennett, rubio..)

TheMan
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Player only fans are pretty much fakkits, they're the kind who like Justin Bieber and love watching Glee and musicals...know what I mean?

livingby3's
10-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Like every other community, there's good guys along with some blacksheeps. I have nothing against player fans, since I personally started off as a player fan (Nash fan) who gradually grow to love the team he played for. As long as one don't try too hard to undermine his teammates' capabilities, I guess there's nothing really wrong

Mr Exlax
10-27-2013, 09:56 PM
When Dwight was still in Orlando I was only a fan of his. I pretty much hated the rest of the roster, but never hoped they would fail.

NumberSix
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Worst kind of fan usually. Doesnt mean there arent reasonable ones. But places like this make it seem that way.

Fans of a player who hate on the rest of the team are hard to deal with. Some of the up front ones who make it clear they have no loyalty to the team....ok. At least its honest.

Dont act like a real fan repping a team then leave when the player does.
No, the absolute worst fans are those who are from a city with a pro team, but they're fans of some other team. Like, if you're from Atlanta, but yore a Laker fan, you're the worst.

knicksman
10-27-2013, 10:21 PM
im a player fan but i root for underdogs and none of my favorite players has won yet a chip. The worst kind of fans are those that follow the best team and are afraid to lose. Those are the insecure sheeps(betas)who cant accept defeat

Flash31
10-27-2013, 11:25 PM
No, the absolute worst fans are those who are from a city with a pro team, but they're fans of some other team. Like, if you're from Atlanta, but yore a Laker fan, you're the worst.

no bc they would still probably be Laker fans
There are a lot of people from different cities who are fans of a team they arent in

Mia has a lot of Knick fans,Ind has a lot if Chi Fans,
Mem has a lot of Mia fans,
Phi has a lot of LA fans

Regardless of where theyre at,theyre fans of one team and only one team

Player stans jump from team to team and follow tgeir player,
They criticize and hate on their own team,
They downplay their own team and only give credit to their player and all the blame to rest of team
Player fans would rather team lises than their player gets outperformed by someone on their team

Its like MJ,Kobe,LJ,Carmelo,D Rose fans
can never give any credit to teammates
dont give a dam about any other players on own team
and Dont even support a team

And then when their player leaves,retires
then what latch on to another player?,Stop watching entirely?,
criticize and downplay current stars and prop up your fav

Its been seen with every sport
And the media perpetuates it by always lookinf,always conparing,always criticizing current stars,teams,rules compared to past and always hyping them up,deeming them untouchable,greater than current

always looking for next mj,ruth,gretzky,pele
and always downplaying current
They dont appreciate current stars,always gotta be a criticism or
compared to past,even now obsessed with rankings
What does 2011 do to LeBrons legacy?Kobe has 5,MJ has 6,
MJ was 6/6,
Its like Really?
Nobody in media even MENTIONS TEAM,its
LJ vs Durant,Kobe vs LeBron,DRose vs LeBron,
Kobe vs MJ,Duncan vs Shaq
never Heat vs Bulls,Heat vs Thunder,LAL vs Bos
always players and

the fans easily manipulated only see that
rather than team

Flash31
10-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Player only fans are pretty much fakkits, they're the kind who like Justin Bieber and love watching Glee and musicals...know what I mean?

well seeing as Bieber is
a Red Wings,Blackhawks,Maple Leafs,
Clippers,Lakers,Heat,Thunder,Bulls,Raptors,
Yankees,Giants,Red Sox,Blue Jays fan

they fit right in

those fans remind me of Lil Wayne who was a Laker Fan,then became a Heat fan,then trashed the Heat and became a Mavs fan,then a Bulls fan,then a NY fan,then an OKC fan,then trashed Okc and tried to become heat fan and friends with LeBron/Dwade and they dissed him and banned him from heat games so he tried to go back to OKC but they didnt want him so hes back to being a LAL fan
unless some other team starts winning

so hes been banned from Mia and Okc games which is funny

its like Spike Lee is NY fan period,Jack was a LAL fan for 30+ yrs,
Jlo is Heat fan,

but these current people and celebs come on
Drakes apparently n Okc,Tor,Lal,Bkn,Ny,Mia fan
its like really?
going on supportting whatever team is hot at the moment
same with easily manipulated media fans nowadays

Fck those people

Flash31
10-27-2013, 11:47 PM
I think every basketball fan is to some degree, a player fan of certain players. I liked Zo as a player, even when he wasn't playing for the Heat, same with Hardaway.

Saw Patty Mills tear it up in the Olympics in 2008 and watched him at St. Mary's + his days in the NBA, wished him well all throughout. Same with Jeremy Lin, saw him dunk on Jerome Dyson/Kemba Walker at Uconn, followed him for a bit and couldn't believe it when Linsanity hit. Pat Beverly got cut by Miami a while back, but liked what I saw and continue to watch him intermittently when Houston plays.

But the difference is I'm not on ISH creating Beverly / Lin threads ten times a day. If a certain player catches your attention and you can relate to him, or just like his style of play, it's fine as long as you're not annoying about it.

I would even go as far to say the majority of player fans are more knowledgeable about basketball/NBA than casual sports fans.

people can be fans of a team and still be fans of players
Its just that nowadays a lot of people are fabs of players and couldnt give a dam about the team and they latch onto a players nuts

For them its LeBron/Kobe/DRose/and so on
Fck the team and teammates ha ha to them.

You can be a fan of a team and like players,be a fan of tgem even if they arent on your team

Im a fan of CP3,Duncan,Curry,Derozan,Sanders,Carter

I like watching the Raps,Ind,Mem
Im a fan of the Raps
But above all that Im a Heat fan

I support the Heat and always will above all
but can I be a fan of certain players and like watching other teams,yeah
am I going to root for those players or teams over tge Heat,Hell NO

would I be glad if those players had good games,yes
would I mind if the Raps won if Mia didnt,no Id be glad Tor won if Mia didnt but
am I taking them over Mia NO,am I supporting tgem over Mia,No

player stans on the other hand,there is no loyalty,no team
only on that players nuts

You can cheer for Kobe if youre a Bos fan or
LJ if youre a Bulls fan,but if youre putting them over your team
or wanting them to win over your team,then fck you

TheMan
10-27-2013, 11:54 PM
well seeing as Bieber is
a Red Wings,Blackhawks,Maple Leafs,
Clippers,Lakers,Heat,Thunder,Bulls,Raptors,
Yankees,Giants,Red Sox,Blue Jays fan

they fit right in

those fans remind me of Lil Wayne who was a Laker Fan,then became a Heat fan,then trashed the Heat and became a Mavs fan,then a Bulls fan,then a NY fan,then an OKC fan,then trashed Okc and tried to become heat fan and friends with LeBron/Dwade and they dissed him and banned him from heat games so he tried to go back to OKC but they didnt want him so hes back to being a LAL fan
unless some other team starts winning

so hes been banned from Mia and Okc games which is funny

its like Spike Lee is NY fan period,Jack was a LAL fan for 30+ yrs,
Jlo is Heat fan,

but these current people and celebs come on
Drakes apparently n Okc,Tor,Lal,Bkn,Ny,Mia fan
its like really?
going on supportting whatever team is hot at the moment
same with easily manipulated media fans nowadays

Fck those people
I agree mang

I wouldn't mind it so much if a bandwagon fan became a Heat fan, for example, then remained a Heat fan for the rest of his life but these frontrunning fakkits will ditch the Heat when their winning run is over. They don't stick around for the lean years. They'll jump on the next bandwagon and claim they're diehard fans:facepalm That's what annoys me, then they have the nerve to troll the rival teams of the team they just hopped on:banghead: :mad:

russwest0
10-28-2013, 12:08 AM
I've never met a player fan than wasn't unknowledgable as hell and a little b*tch

secund2nun
10-28-2013, 12:11 AM
I am a player fan and I don't care.

Pro sports have don't really represent anything. The players are only on your team because you drafted them or you gave them more money than any other team in FA. The players are usually not from that city, nor even the same state. Half of a pro team's players usually end up on your rival's roster every 3-4 years and theirs ends up on yours.

In college, teams are much more important (mainly college football, college baseball). The players are usually from the home state and play for the program because they want to.

knicksman
10-28-2013, 12:16 AM
I think its ok to be a player fan in nba coz players have huge impacts in this league unlike in NFL, MLB or soccer where players cannot dictate the outcome of the game.

knicksman
10-28-2013, 12:18 AM
I agree mang

I wouldn't mind it so much if a bandwagon fan became a Heat fan, for example, then remained a Heat fan for the rest of his life but these frontrunning fakkits will ditch the Heat when their winning run is over. They don't stick around for the lean years. They'll jump on the next bandwagon and claim they're diehard fans:facepalm That's what annoys me, then they have the nerve to troll the rival teams of the team they just hopped on:banghead: :mad:

alphas enjoy challenges while betas just follow where the herd is

pauk
10-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Oh ffs.... can you please show/explain/prove how you came to that conclusion?

Now, lets get to know me a bit better...

I am NOT a guy who supports... i am a guy who ENJOYS...
I am NOT a guy who enjoys a player/team... i am a guy who enjoys great basketball from all corners...
I am NOT a guy who hates/is jelous/butthurt about other great players (or teams) because i like ONE player (or team)...... i am the biggest opposite...

I dont know about those others nominees you mentioned, but i am nowadays the biggest opposite to your accusation......... infact you will see me retaliate those posters on this forum ALL THE TIME defending Lebron, Kobe, Rose, Durant, Dwight, Dirk, Nash, CP3, Griffin, etc etc etc with nothing but simple facts & logic and same goes with Teams.... and instead commending great basketball where its due.... whatever team or player....

Yes I did lots of clowning in the past, had my fun, but i dont feel like creating another account to be taken more seriously.....

So to answer your topic / question i ofcourse say i dont think there is anything wrong with being a player or team fan... enjoy... as long as that doesnt translate towards hating other teams or players in honor of your own (that is a STAN), as long as it keeps you a sophisticated BASKETBALL fan first and foremost that appreciates great basketball from any corner (that is a true FAN)... then sure... go ahead...

Its natural to want your own team to win or favorite player to win, doesnt mean you are an ignorant stan.... you do appreciate/commend the opposing teams or players afterall, you are humble in loss and win... you are a basketball fan afterall....... but a team stan or a player stan will do the opposite, hell, around the world you will see specifically team stans who went extra psycho and kill the opposing stans :P

Mr. Jabbar
10-28-2013, 01:56 AM
its ok as long as they dont support lebron

russwest0
10-28-2013, 01:59 AM
its ok as long as they dont support lebron

:oldlol: rep

Bucket_Nakedz
10-28-2013, 02:22 AM
the nba is a league of superstars where players are more revered than the respective franchises they play for. the best feeling in the world is having a player you've followed in college get drafted by the team you always rooted for. that's how i feel with rose

BuGzBuNNy
10-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Player fan here. No reason to blindly cling to a team. Just never had the incentive to. You became a fan of your favorite team either because you once lived in that area, your parents or someone you knew rooted for them, your favorite player(s) played for them, or you liked the color of their jerseys when you were young. Not that big of a deal. It'd be more accurate to call me a fan of NBA basketball.

ILLsmak
10-28-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm a player fan. I've always been a player fan. I like the rest of the team, tho, but I prefer personalities to teams. I couldn't like a team without a player I liked on it, it would be boring. I love watching players mature and become great that's why I am into guys like Brandon Jennings and Cousins. Cuz I want to see them succeed. I'd watch a game just to see what they did.

I think the main issue I have with player fans is when they somehow act like their players success makes them better than other fans, which is laughable. But it goes for team fans, too. You are you, the team is the team.

On this board, I find myself trying to find the logical middle ground because most players are overrated or underrated, so I find myself often offering a differing opinion... reminding people a player is good or reminding people that a player has flaws.

Off topic, kind of, but this just occurred to me again. It's funny how people say "They get paid millions for paying a child's game." lol what about musicians or artists or writers. Even actors. It's stupid that people use that argument when most of the entertainment industry is based off of "childish" things that a "mature person" wouldn't do.

-Smak

Toizumi
10-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Player fan here. No reason to blindly cling to a team. Just never had the incentive to. You became a fan of your favorite team either because you once lived in that area, your parents or someone you knew rooted for them, your favorite player(s) played for them, or you liked the color of their jerseys when you were young. Not that big of a deal. It'd be more accurate to call me a fan of NBA basketball.

Good response.

I have always rooted for the Blazers, through thick and thin, but I have no incentive for it. I just have, out of some misplaced sense of loyalty and love for the team/fans. Nothing binds me to Portland, or the squad. I have hated the roster a couple of times in the past, but I still viewed Portland as my team. However, I fully understand if people have a different "favorite" team each season..

A lot of NBA fans don't live in the US and do not have a hometown team to root for.
If Paul Pierce is your favorite player, why can't you be a Nets fan this year? you root for him and the team he plays on. Nothing wrong/strange about that.

Nothing wrong with being a "bandwagoner" in general. For instance the mid 2000's Suns were a lot of fun to watch. Good (offensive) basketball, lot of highlights, great chemistry etc. They were one of the most watched teams in the league and a lot of people rooted for them. Makes sense right? Now the Suns suck, the roster is set to fail (tank) and they will probably look horrible most of the time. No offense Suns fans.. Of course they will have less "fans"!

It all comes down to what qualifies as a "fan". Can you be a "fan" for just one season, or can you only qualify as a fan if you support a team for a longer period of time and through rough stretches?

longtime lurker
10-28-2013, 08:38 AM
They're a lot worse online than they are in person. I understand some people don't follow basketball religiously but they show their complete ignorance by constantly trying to prop up one player at the expense of his teammates, other players and legends.

poido123
10-28-2013, 09:16 AM
If you are referring to internet fans? Then they are annoyingly irresistable to lay shit on. All levels of fa**ot exists among player fans.

WindmiLL
10-28-2013, 11:59 AM
If you are referring to internet fans? Then they are annoyingly irresistable to lay shit on. All levels of fa**ot exists among player fans.

we all know you were Jordan fan only. Same with samuraiswish and other Jordan stans. Please don't come back and tell me you were chicago fan and it was only then when you fell in love with Jordan.

LBJ 23
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
People like Silkktheshocker, Pauk, Nash, Tmacattack33 etc.

They dont support a team. Sometimes they actually want their favorite player's teammates to fail, so it makes their player look better :lol

OP, why did you list ''Lebron fans'' only?

You should list half of the Lakers fans on here as well. Even though they will be first ones to tell you that they are ''Lakers fans'' back from the Magic showtime Lakers blah bah blah.... last year majority of those ''Lakers fans'' did excatly what you wrote in your post. Cheer for their own team to fail just because of their God.

When Kobe went down for the playoffs, we could see how these ''Lakers fans'' were almost praying in every post on here for Lakers team(remember, the team they ''live for'') to fail, because God forbid that there would be a possibility for that Lakers team to play better without Kobe. I'm not saying that that team was better without Kobe cuz it wasn't, I'm just saying how these ''Lakers fans'' cheered for their own team to fail and we could see how relieved they were when Lakers sucked in the playoffs as well. For a true Lakers fan acting like this just doesn't make sense, yet there were so many posters(Lakers fans) posting in that way on here.

There is All net, La showtime and some other true Lakers fans on here and that's it. For other ''Lakers fans'' it's just luck that Kobe never left Lakers so they can play that ''first Lakers team fan, then Kobe fan'' card.

Legends66NBA7
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
we all know you were Jordan fan only. Same with samuraiswish and other Jordan stans. Please don't come back and tell me you were chicago fan and it was only then when you fell in love with Jordan.

Both those guys are Bulls fans.

If they weren't and just Jordan fans, they would have left not cared for the Bulls. There have been Jordan fans on here who have even said so themselves.

2LeTTeRS
10-28-2013, 12:25 PM
I will admit I'm more of a player fan than a team fan; but given that I live in NC and saw my child-hood team leave during my teenage years only to be replaced with a expansion franchise with the worst ownership in sports I'd say that is understandable.

Actually I think we'd be much better off classifying fans as "reasonable person" vs. "fanatic"; instead of "team fan" vs. "player fan. Its so funny to me how player fans are perceived because of a few bad apples. I'll admit there are some horrible player fans but I always find it funny player fans who go too far define the whole "player fan" fan-base; but die-hard team fans who belittles any and every other teams are routinely excused.

WindmiLL
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM

If they weren't and just Jordan fans, they would have left not cared for the Bulls. There have been Jordan fans on here who have even said so themselves.

Yea, I agree with you for samuraiswish I mistakenly threw him in there but since he's from Chicago logically he would be Bulls fan anyway.

But poido123 is from Australia and I have hard time believeing that he would be Chicago fan even if there was no Jordan or that he was firstly a Chicago fan and then when Jordan started playing there he became his favourite player. He's in the same boat as Lebron fans now who hoped on Miami bandwagoon now when Miami is winning, excpet that he did that in the 90's when Chicago and Jordan was winning chip after chip.

SamuraiSWISH
10-28-2013, 01:51 PM

Thanks for stepping in ...

Don't worry this creeper, who seemingly never posted much before, or communicated with me at all ... Must have a huge man crush for me, always bringing me up whenever he can.

As for my Bulls fan status? Lol that I don't even feel the need to explain but I will. Was born and raised IN CHICAGO so of course I have every inherent right to be a fan of the Bulls.

I didn't ditch them when Jordan was gone either. Suffered through the Tim Floyd, Eddie Robinson, and Del Negro Ben Gordon era as well.

Leave it to the 2011,LeBron bandwagon fan to be lecturing on fandom. A cowardly LeBron stan to boot. At least come out and admit it.

TheMan
10-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Yea, I agree with you for samuraiswish I mistakenly threw him in there but since he's from Chicago logically he would be Bulls fan anyway.

But poido123 is from Australia and I have hard time believeing that he would be Chicago fan even if there was no Jordan or that he was firstly a Chicago fan and then when Jordan started playing there he became his favourite player. He's in the same boat as Lebron fans now who hoped on Miami bandwagoon now when Miami is winning, excpet that he did that in the 90's when Chicago and Jordan was winning chip after chip.
But Poido remained a Bulls fan. I have no problem with LeBron stans becoming Heat fans but it's when they jump ship as soon as the well runs dry that I have a problem with. Guys who become a fan of team because of a certain player but then stick with that team through the lean years are legit fans, IMO. Thing is, most bandwagon jumpers are frontrunners, believe me, when Miami's run is over, you'll see a huge drop off here at ISH of "Heat fans", there will be a few that will remain fans, and I tip my cap to them but most will disappear or latch on to the next superstar/great team.

LBJ 23
10-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Oh, and how could we forget Shaqattack? He's arguably the best poster on this site yet I don't remember him repping any team?(correct me if I'm wrong)

SamuraiSWISH
10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Oh, and how could we forget Shaqattack? He's arguably the best poster on this site yet I don't remember him repping any team?(correct me if I'm wrong)
He's a Knicks fan, whose favorite player is Shaquille O'Neal. He's been MIA for awhile now too I might add. Hope to see him back posting during the season.

Like for me I've always been Bulls fan, and while the Bulls were atrocious from 1999 - 2008 there was a time where Kobe was my default favorite player because an extreme lack of superstar talent on my own Bulls team.

But then in the area of 2008 - 2011 he fell out of favor with me. Still enjoy his game, and his ability at times to remind me of my favorite ever, Jordan. But it's just not the same.

I liked LeBron a lot too before his cowardly showings in 2010, and subsequent free agency fiasco. As a Bulls fan I'm very thankful we were able to snag home grown superstar Derrick Rose in that draft. Otherwise we'd still be irrelevant. Floundering as a middle seed in the eastern conference.