PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a new show

DirkNowitzki41
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm looking for any type of good show, preferably comedy or crime, but any will do.

These are the type of shows i'm into...

Breaking Bad
Community
Psych
Supernatural
New Girl
Rookie Blue
The Killing
How I met your mother
Prison break
The walking dead

OldSkoolball#52
10-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Frasier reruns bro.

Theyre on Netflix.

Thats all you need to know.

hateraid
10-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Shark Tank

It's got drama, it's got suspense, it's got NBA presence, it's got bishes....best series in America!

Proctor
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I too watch Rookie Blue and think you would enjoy Southland if you haven't seen it. Much more serious and very very good.

Myth
10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm looking for any type of good show, preferably comedy or crime, but any will do.

Breaking Bad
Community
Psych
Supernatural
New Girl
Rookie Blue
The Killing
How I met your mother
Prison break
The walking dead

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Only if you are cool with Andy Sandberg). If you've ever found his brand of comedy funny, this show is hilarious. It has enough randomness, yet at the same time the episodes are really well written. And don't think Andy is the only part worth watching. The whole cast is perfect as long as Sandberg isn't a turn off for you.

Beatlezz
10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Bates Motel

highwhey
10-28-2013, 02:03 PM
House of cards
seinfeld
sopranos
the wire
southland

The league
big bang theory
always sunny in philly

niko
10-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I like Brooklyn 99. Just started watching Luther (seems very good) and Banshee (one episode in. good but not as good).

gigantes
10-28-2013, 02:32 PM
i'm watching sherlock right now. the latest futurama eps i've seen are pretty hit and miss. pawn stars is pure gold. TUF is pretty mediocre. need to catch up with curb your enthusiasm... maybe the larry sanders show as a bonus. veep is on the agenda. M*A*S*H is possibly the greatest show i've ever seen... should probably re-watch that at some point.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20131028/1000/daily_gifdump_485_09.gif

or some kind of bill nye-type show that explains how this stuff happens... would be cool!

rufuspaul
10-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Homeland
Portlandia
Orange Is The New Black

pauk
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you will like "The Shield".

Styles p
10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
oz

highwhey
10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Almost forgot, Black List! I love it, james spader has always been one of ny favorite aftors though

Rose'sACL
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Breaking Bad
Community
Psych
Supernatural
New Girl
Rookie Blue
The Killing
How I met your mother
Prison break
The walking dead
depends on your age because going by your choices it is clear that you like any show that is popular.
Go and watch any prime time show on any big network and you will be happy.

CeltsGarlic
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
The League. Im not into NFL at all and I enjoy that shit , so if you happen to like that sport its a must.

alenleomessi
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
suits

MavsSuperFan
10-28-2013, 03:28 PM
game of thrones

Groovy Kat
10-28-2013, 03:31 PM
How I Met Your Mother is awesome and there's 8 seasons of it on Netflix.

rufuspaul
10-28-2013, 03:39 PM
BBall starts tomorrow. You don't need a fckin show

:bowdown:

DirkNowitzki41
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks yall.

Brooklyn 99
The Shield
Southland
Always Sunny
The League
Homeland
Suits
Game of Thrones

even frasier

all sound awesome :rockon:

DirkNowitzki41
10-28-2013, 03:42 PM

true :applause:

outbreak
10-28-2013, 04:59 PM
If you want some insanely underrated comedy get peep show, funniest show I've seen in a long long long long time.

Bored to death is also an awesome show that doesn't get the respect it deserve.

Although seeing that you like how i met your mother and new girl you may not appreciate that style of comedy....

If you want some serious shows oz, the wire, rome, deadwood are all really great HBO dramas.

HomieWeMajor
10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Oz
I was straight before watching it but now I'm curious

bdreason
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Castle.

outbreak
10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Oz
I was straight before watching it but now I'm curious

when it was first being aired here in Australia (like 10 years ago) a friend and I tried to find the dvds, the only shop we could find near us that sold them was a gay/lesbian store that imported them from the U.S.....

Dresta
10-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Californication.

It's ****ing brilliant. Both thoughtful and hilarious.

Myth
10-28-2013, 05:34 PM

You need some f*cking rep for this. I'll try to remember for later, but somebody else give this man some rep in the mean time.

gigantes
10-28-2013, 08:14 PM
If you want some insanely underrated comedy get peep show, funniest show I've seen in a long long long long time. ...
thank you! :cheers:

i knew there was a very, very good britcom i had on my list, but couldn't remember the name until now. seems like i just read about it yesterday, yet WP says the show is ending next season. dang.

Jameerthefear
10-28-2013, 08:37 PM
real shit. repped.

Flash31
10-29-2013, 05:17 PM

Breaking Bad
Community
Psych
Supernatural
New Girl
Rookie Blue
The Killing
How I met your mother
Prison break
The walking dead

Suits
Game of Thrones
Burn Notice
Banshee(crime,drama,action)
Spartacus
Royal Pains
Archer
Teen Wolf
Always Sunny in Philadelphia(comedy)
Sons of Anarchy
Being Human(us version)
Key and Peele(comedy)
MadTV

BRabbiT
10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/chicago-fire-nbc.jpg

Vragrant
10-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Right now I'm watching:

Banshee
An Ex con who becomes a sherriff in a crime ridden small town. This show is amazing so far and im halfway through the season.

You should also check out Luther if you like a really gritty crime/drama. Its British and it stars Idris Elba.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Lately I prefer when I can netflix or download an entire series and watch how many episodes I want, whenever I want. Sometimes the spacing of episodes due to President speeches, major sporting events, strikes, and what not can completely ruin the flow of a season. Sometimes it gets shows cancelled.

For instance, I didn't start watching Dexter until two years ago. It would have been dreadful to have to wait a week in between episodes during the first 2 seasons (season 1 is still, imo, the best season of any series I have watched). Of course by the end I just wanted to get it over with...

Anyway.. Along the lines of Community, I think you might like: Arrested Development, NewsRadio, Parks and Recreation, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Along the lines of New Girl and HIMYM, maybe: Cougar Town, Happy Endings, Ben and Kate, and Scrubs. Except Scrubs is notch or two better than any of the shows I already listed and that deserves to be noted. Love Scrubs.

There's also those FX comedies like Archie and Louise which might interest you. I haven't watched them. Same with Veep. I have been planning to watch that forever now.

Breaking Bad brings up the obvious: The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, The Shield, Deadwood, etc...

Speaking of Mad Men, I rarely see it mentioned on ISH... I don't understand why so many on here don't seem like it. Terrific show revolving around so many interesting characters, character development, and relationships (in and outside the office). The acting is great, writing is good-great for the most part, and the historical accuracy is uncanny. Each season is usually built around a year of the 60s (arguably the the most important era in the United States for social, political, and cultural changes) and it does a really great job at relating the current events of each year with the way characters evolve and the storylines of their work and personal lives. Same for the music and fashion of the show as well.

There's a few scenes and episodes of Mad Men I would put up against any tv show. "The Suitcase" is every bit as good as "Ozymandias" from BB, imo. Or the pitch scene from "The Carousel" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKtk8L77-U)is about as good as the final scene in "Crawl Space" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shfX0FYu8lI). However with the scenes, you would need to understand what's going on to truly appreciate their greatness. You get a feel for the acting, tho.

Anyway... Not sure about the others. If you like Supernatural then maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Fringe. I haven't watched either (or Supernatural, for that matter), but I have friends who loved Buffy and they all seem to love Supernatural and Fringe for some reason. Reaper and Firefly I have watched and they were good tv shows. Personally, I also liked Chuck. I wanted to watch Grimm and just didn't have the time. I hear that's decent. All are science fiction, comedy, dramas type of shit.

Only other show I have watched on your list is Rookie Blue. That's a pretty generic show. Castle and Bones comet to mind. A step up would probably be Southland or Suits, I'm guessing. Haven't seen either. I do want to eventually watch Suits. Maybe Boston Legal might be interesting to you. James Spader and William Shatner are terrific in that.

#number6ix#
10-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Curb your enthusiasm
Hello ladies
East bound and down
Seinfeld
Revolution

DirkNowitzki41
10-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Some nice shows you guys are listing :applause:

Lately I prefer when I can netflix or download an entire series and watch how many episodes I want, whenever I want. Sometimes the spacing of episodes due to President speeches, major sporting events, strikes, and what not can completely ruin the flow of a season. Sometimes it gets shows cancelled.

For instance, I didn't start watching Dexter until two years ago. It would have been dreadful to have to wait a week in between episodes during the first 2 seasons (season 1 is still, imo, the best season of any series I have watched). Of course by the end I just wanted to get it over with...

Anyway.. Along the lines of Community, I think you might like: Arrested Development, NewsRadio, Parks and Recreation, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Along the lines of New Girl and HIMYM, maybe: Cougar Town, Happy Endings, Ben and Kate, and Scrubs. Except Scrubs is notch or two better than any of the shows I already listed and that deserves to be noted. Love Scrubs.

There's also those FX comedies like Archie and Louise which might interest you. I haven't watched them. Same with Veep. I have been planning to watch that forever now.

Breaking Bad brings up the obvious: The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, The Shield, Deadwood, etc...

Speaking of Mad Men, I rarely see it mentioned on ISH... I don't understand why so many on here don't seem like it. Terrific show revolving around so many interesting characters, character development, and relationships (in and outside the office). The acting is great, writing is good-great for the most part, and the historical accuracy is uncanny. Each season is usually built around a year of the 60s (arguably the the most important era in the United States for social, political, and cultural changes) and it does a really great job at relating the current events of each year with the way characters evolve and the storylines of their work and personal lives. Same for the music and fashion of the show as well.

There's a few scenes and episodes of Mad Men I would put up against any tv show. "The Suitcase" is every bit as good as "Ozymandias" from BB, imo. Or the pitch scene from "The Carousel" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKtk8L77-U)is about as good as the final scene in "Crawl Space" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shfX0FYu8lI). However with the scenes, you would need to understand what's going on to truly appreciate their greatness. You get a feel for the acting, tho.

Anyway... Not sure about the others. If you like Supernatural then maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Fringe. I haven't watched either (or Supernatural, for that matter), but I have friends who loved Buffy and they all seem to love Supernatural and Fringe for some reason. Reaper and Firefly I have watched and they were good tv shows. Personally, I also liked Chuck. I wanted to watch Grimm and just didn't have the time. I hear that's decent. All are science fiction, comedy, dramas type of shit.

Only other show I have watched on your list is Rookie Blue. That's a pretty generic show. Castle and Bones comet to mind. A step up would probably be Southland or Suits, I'm guessing. Haven't seen either. I do want to eventually watch Suits. Maybe Boston Legal might be interesting to you. James Spader and William Shatner are terrific in that.

wow. nice, detailed post. :cheers: I'll check out a few of em

BRabbiT
10-30-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm glad society has come far enough to where we allow models to be firemen.

Ah, progress.

:lol

yeah, it's considered a soap/procedural.

though it's a compelling show, nonetheless.

the writing is strong. and the emergency calls are shot pretty well.

this is not some CSI/hawaii 5-0/criminal minds BS.

Godzuki
10-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Arrow is awesome. it might be Green Arrow but its on Netflix. best super hero show i ever seen. i was surprised.

Jakeh008
10-30-2013, 01:37 AM
American Horror Story
Shameless

nightprowler10
10-30-2013, 09:53 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Macho Man again.

Damn it.

tmacattack33
10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Heroes is pretty cool to me. It was on CBS or whatever it was though and got marketed to younger people somewhat I think...so it might not seem like it'd be good but idk i liked it.