PDA

View Full Version : Without battling an eye....

JerryWest
10-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Who's the best shooter in the league?

TheReal Kendall
10-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Ray Allen or Curry

Probably go with Allen

inclinerator
10-28-2013, 06:20 PM
curry for the first 3 quarters ray allen in crunch time

Meticode
10-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Did you mean batting an eye?

Meticode
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
But to the question? Curry without a doubt.

Ray Allen is still a great shooter, but he's past his prime. And given the fact Curry shoots from anywhere. Off the dribble, spot up, it doesn't matter.

macmac
10-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I think Rudy Gay was battling his eyes for most of his career and apparently fixed that this year so his shooting should be much improved.

TheMarkMadsen
10-28-2013, 06:29 PM

No? It's obvious the OP just wants us to answer the question without getting into an altercation with our or somebody elses eyes

Ill go with Ray Allen. Every time he shoots a 3 I expect it to go in

kennethgriffin
10-28-2013, 06:35 PM
wide open

nash, allen, curry

defended

kobe, durant, carmelo

big difference.. little guys cant just shoot over a defender. and set shooters cant create a shot for themselves... which is a disadvantage

wide open on a kick out.. i'l take ray allen

defended by 2 guys and barely being able to see the net.... i'l take kobe bryant

JimmyMcAdocious
10-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Considering defense hang all over him, he's the #1 option on his team, he primarily has the ball in his hands, he doesn't get in the lane much, and still shot 45% on nearly 8 attempts. Steph without question.

noob cake
10-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Curry is already at legendary level. It wouldn't surprise him to see him cement himself as the greatest shooter ever.

Allen is all-time great. He is merely on the same level as Dirk, Durant, Irving. Curry is just on another stratosphere.

Meticode
10-28-2013, 06:38 PM
wide open

nash, allen, curry

defended

kobe, durant, carmelo

big difference.. little guys cant just shoot over a defender. and set shooters cant create a shot for themselves... which is a disadvantage

defended by 2 guys and barely being able to see the net.... i'l take kobe bryant

I'll still take Curry over those guys. He has no issues breaking his man down for a three point shot. He was the main scorer for his team last season and shot over 45% from three the whole season. He's a career 44% three point shooter.

Stephen Curry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf-TF09iTP4 <-Awesome mix about how people always underrate him because of his size.

TheReal Kendall
10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
wide open

nash, allen, curry

defended

kobe, durant, carmelo

I would take Melo or Durant over Kobe. Both are bigger and can shoot over the top.

Melo and Kobe have a better post game than Durant though

Proctor
10-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I think Rudy Gay was battling his eyes for most of his career and apparently fixed that this year so his shooting should be much improved.
:roll: :roll:

KG215
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I would take Melo or Durant over Kobe. Both are bigger and can shoot over the top.

Melo and Kobe have a better post game than Durant though
Yet Durant scored more points per possession in the post than either Kobe or Carmelo last year. Or maybe it was just Carmelo...I can't remember which exactly. I think Kobe might've actually been a little higher, but I know Durant was at or very near the top among perimeter players in that regard.

Point being, Durant's postgame is a lot better than people either realize or want to give him credit for.

branslowski
10-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Yet Durant scored more points per possession in the post than either Kobe or Carmelo last year. Or maybe it was just Carmelo...I can't remember which exactly. I think Kobe might've actually been a little higher, but I know Durant was at or very near the top among perimeter players in that regard.

Point being, Durant's postgame is a lot better than people either realize or want to give him credit for.

You think Durant is a better post scorer than Melo and Kobe?

KG215
10-28-2013, 07:33 PM
You think Durant is a better post scorer than Melo and Kobe?
If he scores more points per possession/shot attempt in the post than they do, then yes. But, like I said, Kobe might've been higher than Durant in that regard last year.

JerryWest
10-28-2013, 07:40 PM
:biggums:

Just answer the question, man! :coleman:

livingby3's
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/10/08/all-tough-team/steve-nash-608-100810.jpg

This somehow came to mind..

but yeah, Steph.
Also these old men. Steve, Ray, Dirk.

pauk
10-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Steph Curry.

Infact, he is one of the greatest shooters i ever seen, talking about top 3 ever here.... the guy just set the record for most 3PTers made in a season, shooting over 45%... not like those are open spotup shots either, its mostly of the dribble, crosses you up, step back, hand on his face, swish.... absolutely amazing...

Its that Dell Curry gene... :)

pauk
10-28-2013, 08:12 PM
If he scores more points per possession/shot attempt in the post than they do, then yes. But, like I said, Kobe might've been higher than Durant in that regard last year.

B-b-b-bu-but... he doesnt pull those moves & difficult shots... so...

kennethgriffin
10-28-2013, 08:22 PM
B-b-b-bu-but... he doesnt pull those moves & difficult shots... so...

the greatest non big men players of all time are difficult shot makers with tons of moves

- kobe, jordan, bird, west etc..

the best shooters arent guys who win 3 point contests or run off screens and lead the league in 3 point percentage because all they do is shoot wide open

the best shooters are guys who can get buckets against any defense at any point in the game

give me those 4 guys over nash, reggie, allen any day of the week

if steph curry was taller i'd put him in that class too. but his height will catch up to him later on in his career

Le Shaqtus
10-28-2013, 08:22 PM
If you give Nash a wide open 3 he will make it.

Meticode
10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
the greatest non big men players of all time are difficult shot makers with tons of moves

- kobe, jordan, bird, west etc..

the best shooters arent guys who win 3 point contests or run off screens and lead the league in 3 point percentage because all they do is shoot wide open

the best shooters are guys who can get buckets against any defense at any point in the game

give me those 4 guys over nash, reggie, allen any day of the week
Those players are known as scorers, not shooters.

kennethgriffin
10-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Those players are known as scorers, not shooters.

ya because theyre not one dimensional

but asside from jordan.. kobe, bird and west could knock down shots from all angles at anywhere on the floor

jordan was the same up till around 15 feet

but theyre known as scorers because they can score in any way on the floor.

being known as a shooter isnt a good thing. it usually means you suck at other aspects of the game

i'd still rather have kobe/bird/west/barry taking my shots for me than a set shooter..

kick out/set shots/screen shooters get easly annoyed if anything changes. if someone breathes on them they miss..

anything to mess up their rhythm

kobe shoots left handed out of rhythm and they go in anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vukMoNEtkBQ

Meticode
10-28-2013, 08:31 PM

but asside from jordan.. kobe, bird and west could knock down shots from all angles at anywhere on the floor

being known as a shooter isnt a good thing. it usually means you suck at other aspects of the game

i'd still rather have kobe/bird/west/barry taking my shots for me than a set shooter..

kick out/set shots/screen shooters get easly annoyed if anything changes. if someone breathes on them they miss..

Okay. :rolleyes:

AintNoSunshine
10-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I would still go with the battle tested Ray Allen even tho he's already way past his prime

AintNoSunshine
10-28-2013, 09:26 PM

:sleeping Come back to me when Kobe hits 6 3's in a half, in the Finals, not some meaningless regular season game

red1
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
battling an eye? OP are you f*cking serious?

red1
10-28-2013, 09:32 PM
:roll: yes macmac. 10/10

Dro
10-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Give me Curry...

NumberSix
10-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Great scorer get/create good shots. Chuckers take what they can get.

kennethgriffin
10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
:sleeping Come back to me when Kobe hits 6 3's in a half, in the Finals, not some meaningless regular season game

thats allot for jordan..

but kobes had a game where he hit 12.. setting an nba record

try again

gts
10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Curry is one of the best pure shooters I've seen and to me is easily the best in the league right now

eeeeeebro
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Allen, Korver, Lebron, Kobe, durant, Curry, Rose(this year), Danny green, Parker, Nash(old), Mike miller

I would like to say Allen is hands down but on any given night these people can all light it up. You dont want to leave them wide open on the 3 point line. Curry is right there with allen though. But the Miracle shot allen made well that just puts him up there.....

Killbot
10-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Jesus

KyleKong
10-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Right now? Allen.

KNOW1EDGE
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Without battling an eye i would say Steph Curry.

While battling an eye I would say Ray Allen.

And after i battled an eye I would say Kobe Bryant

Fiasco
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM

In the spare of the moment.

noob cake
10-29-2013, 02:45 AM
Allen, Korver, Lebron, Kobe, durant, Curry, Rose(this year), Danny green, Parker, Nash(old), Mike miller

I would like to say Allen is hands down but on any given night these people can all light it up. You dont want to leave them wide open on the 3 point line. Curry is right there with allen though. But the Miracle shot allen made well that just puts him up there.....

Rose career 31% regular season, 25% playoff 3 point shooter

pauk
10-29-2013, 06:32 AM

If Kobe/Melo were as efficient as say Lebron/Durant today they would be those "one dimensional" guys you speak of aswell.... fact is, none of these players are one dimensional, some are just better at getting more high % buckets.... its not like lets say Kobe doesnt want the easiest bucket he can get? The whole reason to him chucking up more worse/bad shots (or sorry, i mean, cool non-one-dimensional moves) is because he is inept of doing what Durant/Lebron can....

kshutts1
10-29-2013, 07:35 AM

I certainly don't agree with KennethGriffin or whatev his name is, but it looks like you seriously just used one game to show that Jordan had range beyond 15 feet... awesome sample size. Jordan's range was more like 20 feet, though. But still, he didn't have 3p range, except for that one or two seasons where the 3p line was shortened.

Anyway, as to the OP, Curry and Durant are the two best shooters currently in the game, particularly taking into account volume.

Nick Young
10-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Curry, Durant, Jimmer