PDA

View Full Version : Why is Espn ranking Tony Parker outside of the Top 5 Best Player

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Are they out of their mind?

1. Bron - Best Player in the league, no discussion.
2. Durant - Where he belongs
3. Cp3? :oldlol: :no: Heck no! this is Parker's place.
4. James Harden :facepalm
5. Westbrook - I agree

Replace that flopper with TP who's a proven top 5 in this league, both regular season and playoffs. Name me a PG who has led the league in points in the paint? The most underrated player in this league.

russwest0
10-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Imagine CP3 in that Spurs offense

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2013, 12:13 AM
CP3 plays with Tim Duncan?

joeyjoejoe
10-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Rose and paul clearly better then Parker maybe westbrook too, dumbest thread I've seen in a while Duncan carried him his whole career

Dbrog
10-29-2013, 12:17 AM
You realize he isn't even the best player on his team right?

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Imagine CP3 in that Spurs offense
The man never proved that he could lead a team to a ship. What makes you think that it would be different if he plays for the Spurs? Cause of the system? the coach? the players?

One thing I refuse to understand is that the best player on the best team in the west, he is not even ranked top 5. non sense :facepalm :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Rose and paul clearly better then Parker maybe westbrook too, dumbest thread I've seen in a while Duncan carried him his whole career
Obviously cause it was Timmy's team. He had to be in the shadow of Duncan for a while. Managed to be the FMVP in 2007 since then it's been his team.

Rose is not better than Parker and the same can be said for cp3, Tim Duncan is not the best player in our team, Parker is.

hangintheair
10-29-2013, 01:01 AM
To the OP: Please stay out of drugs.. Your on high!

Odinn
10-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Obviously cause it was Timmy's team. He had to be in the shadow of Duncan for a while. Managed to be the FMVP in 2007 since then it's been his team.

Rose is not better than Parker and the same can be said for cp3, Tim Duncan is not the best player in our team, Parker is.
Are you an idiot? Or are you trying reverse-trolling?:facepalm :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2013, 01:03 AM
CP3 sodomized TP in 2008. Chris Paul is the best PG I've ever seen this side of Isiah / Magic. That's the honest to god truth. Hopefully his cast develops balls to help his already substantial amount of aid to improve as players so the Clippers can advance.

JtotheIzzo
10-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Hate it or love it the OP has a point.

The Spurs aren't loaded with talent, and Parker basically got them as close as you can to a championship without winning one all the while relying on two VERY inconsistent, old, running mates.

Parker has been the best player on the Spurs for the last few years and seems to more often than not win out against 'better' PGs in the Western Conference.

I think CP3 perpetually gets forgiven for never going anywhere in the playoffs. I am not sure why he doesn't get held accountable, right now, I'd take Westbrook, Parker and Rose over him at his position, so putting him 3rd in the league OVERALL is kind of bullshit.

I think it is anti-Nash hangover, people always threw Paul's name out as the true best PG when Nash ran the league, but now Paul has had 7 years to step up and win something in Nash's decline and earn the accolades lauded on him, but he hasn't.

This year is where the chickens come home to roost for Paul, if he can't win with that team and his new coach...maybe he is just a nice player, not a great one.

joeyjoejoe
10-29-2013, 01:40 AM
Nash was the best pg before 08 but he's been playing for nearly 20 seasons and never made finals had more stacked team in Phoenix then cp ever had book it does that mean Nash sucks no so stop spilling bs u know f.a about, Parker is a very good pg on a great team has had much team success but will never be considered individually great like paul Nash or rose

Fiasco
10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
The man never proved that he could lead a team to a ship. What makes you think that it would be different if he plays for the Spurs? Cause of the system? the coach? the players?

One thing I refuse to understand is that the best player on the best team in the west, he is not even ranked top 5. non sense :facepalm :confusedshrug:

Yes, yes, and yes. You've answered your own question.

bdreason
10-29-2013, 04:44 AM
James Harden is massively overrated. We saw what happens in the playoffs when he stops getting his head-flick flopping calls.

russwest0
10-29-2013, 04:58 AM
James Harden is massively overrated. We saw what happens in the playoffs when he stops getting his head-flick flopping calls.

Lol he was even getting those vs OKC, that was all that niqqa was haning onto. That and running into people just hoping for the call.

Harden is a bitch niqqa, getting rated top 4 in the NBA. Either that reflects poorly on the NBA or those niqqas at ESPN high as hell

strifed169
10-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Lol he was even getting those vs OKC, that was all that niqqa was haning onto. That and running into people just hoping for the call.

Harden is a bitch niqqa, getting rated top 4 in the NBA. Either that reflects poorly on the NBA or those niqqas at ESPN high as hell

This post resemble's ishes judgement on NBA players

fascinating

tmacattack33
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Yes.

Flash31
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Hes beyond overrated.
Its like ESPN and the Media havent heard of Defense and Efficiency,much less fg%.

Harden somehow avg more fta than Howard,LeBron,Durant.
Avg 11 fta,just utterly disgusting.

His fg% is mediocre at best and when hes not getting any calls,hes basicaaly shut down.
We saw how he played in the playoffs and how he had one of the worst Finals performances for any star much less "BEST" SG.

The media and Defense and efficiency
WHAT?!

Rose,Melo,Kobe,Harden,Westbrook or LeBron,Durant,Wade,CP3,Parker
Defense and efficiency in comparing players among media or hyping them up,NO,Killer Instinct,Clutch,"Warrior" are only things besides PPG that exist to the media.

Tony Parker not even top 5,WTF?Did they not watch the regular season with people even proclaiming him an MVP Candidate,his performances over the other guards,being the 2nd most efficient Guard(1st Wade),
his playoff performances.

They hype up PG ONLY Just due to his playoff performances against Miami and Yet TP who had a better playoff performance,had even more "clutch" shots gets nothing and Hardens over him,WTF?

Do they not remember Game 1 of NBA Finals,TP having 30 pt games,multiple 10 ast games,
or is "clutch","killer instinct","warrior" and PPG
all that MATTER if that players on a team they like and CERTAINLY NOT
MIA or SA.

chips93
10-29-2013, 11:21 AM
he is old and they think he will get a little less productive this year, and that the spurs will lean a little more on kawhi, so he wont need to be as productive as in years past.

Go Getter
10-29-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't get why Harden is rated so highly and I also don't get why RW is either. who knows what he will be like coming off his first injury.

Flash31
10-29-2013, 11:38 AM
he is old and they think he will get a little less productive this year, and that the spurs will lean a little more on kawhi, so he wont need to be as productive as in years past.

Tony Parker isnt OLD

They crap on the Spurs every year,same with the Heat.
For the past 3-4 seasons theyve been saying Duncan is washed up,old
Every single year they say Wade is washed up,old,doesnt have it,has regressed and isnt a top player.
aND EVERY year they are wrong.

When Wade had a stretch of Bad Games all the hate,trash,criticism was spewed at by the media,espn,commentators on Wade
and then when he was healthy avg 26,6,4 on 54% Nothing,NADA,NO Praise

just waiting till he has a bad game or moment to call him washed up,old,and to call THE Miami Heat the Miami Cavaliers

We all saw last season how they doubted the Spurs,
how in the Finals Reggie and Kerr,Magic,all espn and abc commentators,announcers were calling them Miami Cavaliers even though the First 4-5 games WADE OUTPLAYED LeBron,Bosh was Leading the Team in Steals and Blocks,Since when is
20,5,5 with 2 steals and 1 block on 48% and 2nd in ppg,ast,stls,rbs highest pct among big three and having 2 double double 20,10 games and a 32,6,4 with 6 steals game
Miami Cavaliers

same with the SPURS
Every single Year the Media calls them done,old,washed up
and Every single Year theyre proven wrong,the Teams been winning 50 plus almost 60 games still.
Duncan avg 19,9 on under 34 mpg,TP was an MVP Candidate.

So what TP did last season and playoffs,hes going to regress WTF?
If ANYTHING,Tony Parker has been getting better and better.

And yes the Spurs are relying less and less on the Big 3,but
the OFFENSE Runs through TP or Duncan,Mostly TP.
The Spurs run their offense through TP,he orchestrates it.
Why would he regress after having his best statistical year.
Hes only 31.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Because he isn't a top 5 player?

i cant dunk
10-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Parkers great, but Duncan outplayed him last year in my eyes. ESPN rankings are stupid anyways so who cares

i cant dunk
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
oh yeah and parker is definitely not a top 5 player, thats pretty ludicrous.