PDA

View Full Version : Bad Grandpa: best comedy of the year

IamRAMBO24
10-29-2013, 04:34 AM
This movie is gold. I came in expecting it to be hilarious and came out actually thinking it's hilarious. It's better than the trailer believe it or not. Some parts are tedious because it's trying to tell a story, but it does it a lot better than Borat and his quest to meet Pamela Anderson. Nothing feels forced and there are so many rofl moments it makes up for the boring parts.

9/10

Watch it.

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 04:40 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104705&page=842

You know this thread exists, yet you had the hubris to decide your one paragraph review merited it's own thread? It does not.

IamRAMBO24
10-29-2013, 04:53 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104705&page=842

You know this thread exists, yet you had the hubris to decide your one paragraph review merited it's own thread?

Yes.

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Your assessment was incorrect.

Myth
10-29-2013, 05:10 AM
Can't imagine it is better than This Is The End.

IamRAMBO24
10-29-2013, 05:21 AM

This is the end = equivalent of a sh*tty Wayans bros comedy.

Bad Grandpa = an instant classic.

Myth
10-29-2013, 05:25 AM
This is the end = equivalent of a sh*tty Wayans bros comedy.

Well, now I know to not follow your recommendation. Thanks for clearing that up.

IamRAMBO24
10-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Well, now I know to not follow your recommendation. Thanks for clearing that up.

And you know what, I won't follow your's if you truly believe This is the end is gold. The humor has been done countless times in other movies. With Bad Santa, you're getting original material.

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 05:35 AM
And you know what, I won't follow your's if you truly believe This is the end is gold. The humor has been done countless times in other movies. With Bad Santa, you're getting original material.

*yours

*bad grandpa

IamRAMBO24
10-29-2013, 05:41 AM
*yours

*bad grandpa

Go jerk off in your sh*tty organic garden. Seriously who cares about grammar when there is a significant point being made?

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 05:47 AM
:lol

Couldn't even get the name of this "instant classic" movie right.

Myth
10-29-2013, 05:49 AM

It isn't gold, but it isn't even close to a Wayans Bros. movie. I bet Bad Grandpa is a funny movie, but I doubt it is the "gold" you claimed. I also highly doubt it is as good as Borat. The reviews suggest it is so-so, whether the reviews are pros or amateur reviews. Finally, the idea that Bad Santa pops into your mind is also not a good sign.

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 05:58 AM
It isn't gold, but it isn't even close to a Wayans Bros. movie. I bet Bad Grandpa is a funny movie, but I doubt it is the "gold" you claimed. I also highly doubt it is as good as Borat. The reviews suggest it is so-so, whether the reviews are pros or amateur reviews. Finally, the idea that Bad Santa pops into your mind is also not a good sign.

:coleman:

So Borat is awesome, yet Bad Santa sucks...? You got sh*t taste son.

Myth
10-29-2013, 06:08 AM
:coleman:

So Borat is awesome, yet Bad Santa sucks...? You got sh*t taste son.

Bad Santa is very watchable, but not the "gold" that OP is saying Bad Grandpa is. Meanwhile, OP thinks This Is The End is on par with the Scary Movies and White Chicks.

HarryCallahan
10-29-2013, 06:19 AM
IMO, Bad Santa is a phenomenal film, great dialogue gas, character gags and visual gags. Billy Bob Thornton braking into some rich guys house and eating a chicken leg while taking a shit only to throw the leg in the bowl and get up w/o wiping or flushing... to me that's GOLD.

Myth
10-29-2013, 06:43 AM
IMO, Bad Santa is a phenomenal film, great dialogue gas, character gags and visual gags. Billy Bob Thornton braking into some rich guys house and eating a chicken leg while taking a shit only to throw the leg in the bowl and get up w/o wiping or flushing... to me that's GOLD.

My guess is that Bad Santa is better than Bad Grandpa.

NuggetsFan
10-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Bad Santa is a wicked movie. Enjoyed it more than this is the end, but still enjoyed that too. Not as much as I thought I would tho. I'll give Bad Grandpa a watch but seen the trailer a few times and didn't think it was nearly as funny as others did it seems.

BRabbiT
10-29-2013, 09:45 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/2655d3039e33586f2601b58f55f5906f/tumblr_mqxufm3MHl1stbv1po1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/fe07c430cade923a4d42a1bf43c9aa8e/tumblr_mv04n20AbY1qg284jo1_400.gif

Blue&Orange
10-29-2013, 09:52 AM
With Bad grandpa, you're getting original material.
Big claim for a obvious Borat rip-off.

Andrei89
10-29-2013, 10:12 AM

Wow...sorry man but , for me, that movie was beyond retarded. I find it that in the US they all loved it, but here in NL nobody liked it.

The only time I laughed was at the "rape talk" scene...thats it..

tomtucker
10-29-2013, 01:18 PM
i would think grandpa is a long hidden camera sketch more then a real comedy movie ?

and to boot: with paid extras insted of real onlookers for some scenes

tomtucker
10-30-2013, 04:35 AM
the end has many funny lines, plot is just a vehicle for the actors to tell those jokes........and mcbride definitely had some great lines imo
i don

IamRAMBO24
10-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Typical ISH talking like you know wtf you are talking about. :facepalm

1st rule: you can't judge unless you have seen it. Since I have seen Bad Grandpa, Borat, Bad Santa, and this is the end, I can give an honest opinion on the subject matter.

Bad Grandpa > Borat, Bad Santa, and This is the end COMBINED.

Why?

The wtf moments are off the charts; not since there's something about Mary did I just outright lol my a*s off.

To the rest of the haters, I don't give a f*ck if this belongs in the "movie" section; if a bunch of nerds are posting lame trailers of sh*t like Xmen, Captain America, and Superman, then there should be no problem for me to post a seperate thread about THE BEST COMEDY I HAVE SEEN YET.

Last I checked, you nerds are still talking about the Truman Show ( a movie that came out the last century), which goes to prove that thread has run its course and nerds are just talking about sh*t everybody has seen.

Myth
10-30-2013, 05:46 AM
OP has this as a top 5 film of all time: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/revolver2005/

Just saying.

IamRAMBO24
10-30-2013, 05:52 AM
OP has this as a top 5 film of all time: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/revolver2005/

Just saying.

You haven't seen the movie and you're throwing your opinion around like it's truth, while using a mediocre comedy film as the golden child for the comparison.

Give it up, I have you beat in this argument.

Myth
10-30-2013, 06:11 AM
You haven't seen the movie and you're throwing your opinion around like it's truth, while using a mediocre comedy film as the golden child for the comparison.

I have not said anything as if it is truth about Bad Grandpa. I've consistently used words such as "imagine" "doubt" "guess," none of which suggest that it is the truth. I expect to enjoy it in fact. Meanwhile, you say it "is gold" as if that is fact and say "This is the end = equivalent of a sh*tty Wayans bros comedy" as if that is truth. I threw out This Is The End as my favorite comedy of the year that I can think of and I doubt Bad Grandpa will be better to me. And calling it the best comedy you have ever seen? Based on what I have read about the movie, I assume that is a pretty laughable opinion to many. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm honestly happy that you enjoyed it that much. I'd love to enjoy it that much, but I doubt I will when I eventually get around to seeing it.

And my reference to you thinking Revolver is amazing and a top 5 film of all time was just another example of you talking about movies as if your opinion is truth, even though most others' opinions are far far off from yours, and therefore, why should we care about your recommendation of what you consider "gold"?

Btw, I found that example not by memory, but by doing a quick search on the site to see your taste in movies.

BRabbiT
10-30-2013, 07:29 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/KwO54NyUTMUG4/200.gif

http://media0.giphy.com/media/mHptyG9yRGIGA/200.gif

http://media3.giphy.com/media/SRzlmjhJYyf3W/200.gif

http://media1.giphy.com/media/fBy01CytIS0p2/200.gif

http://media2.giphy.com/media/QMRta8NK1bbvq/200.gif

ErhnamDjinn
10-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Well Im looking forward to watching this I just hope they dont censor the sh!t out of this film in my country otherwise ill just download it.

christian1923
10-31-2013, 09:43 AM
This movie is hilarious, I'd watch it again today if I could lol

Myth
01-31-2014, 05:04 AM

1st rule: you can't judge unless you have seen it. Since I have seen Bad Grandpa, Borat, Bad Santa, and this is the end, I can give an honest opinion on the subject matter.

Bad Grandpa > Borat, Bad Santa, and This is the end COMBINED.

Bad Grandpa was hilarious. 8/10
Not the best comedy of 2013, and certainly not gold though. I still give that to This Is The End.
Borat and This is the End were funnier than Bad Grandpa IMO. This is the End and Bad Santa were more entertaining stories than Bad Grandpa's IMO. The overall effect for me is Borat, Bad Santa, and This is the End > Bad Grandpa. All are worth watching and hilarious, but that was never my argument against what was being claimed about Bad Grandpa.

Al Thorton
01-31-2014, 05:24 AM
are you kidding me? this is one of the worst movies i've ever seen. tried to be all borat but fell flat. a jackass sketch stretched out over 90 minutes. "oh no, grandpa fell down again" LOLOLOLOL. this movie is for morons. almost everyone knew they were on some hidden camera ish. pure terrible, you saw the best parts in the preview.

rip2
01-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Wasn't really impressed.. some parts were just awkward.. and not in a humorous way.

tomtucker
01-31-2014, 12:55 PM

i second that........bad grandpa is not a movie, it

Budadiiii
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
The little fat kid was actually a gem. Pretty cute film.

I was dying at the Little Miss Sunshine reenactment.

tomtucker
01-31-2014, 01:29 PM
The little fat kid was actually a gem. Pretty cute film.

I was dying at the Little Miss Sunshine reenactment.

okay, i will check it out :cheers:

Go Getter
01-31-2014, 01:31 PM
are you kidding me? this is one of the worst movies i've ever seen. tried to be all borat but fell flat. a jackass sketch stretched out over 90 minutes. "oh no, grandpa fell down again" LOLOLOLOL. this movie is for morons. almost everyone knew they were on some hidden camera ish. pure terrible, you saw the best parts in the preview.
:applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
this is the end was good, but i'll take white girls and lil man over it any day. blankman too.

chosen_one6
01-31-2014, 01:58 PM
I will download it now that I read this thread. To be honest I thought it looked stupid.

D-FENS
01-31-2014, 02:06 PM
I gave This is the End a 6/10
I'm sick of watching those guys. All it is, is a bunch of swearing.

Bad Grandpa got a 9/10 from me, hilarious!

D-FENS
01-31-2014, 02:09 PM

I love Bad Santa, but I liked Bad Grandpa more.