PDA

View Full Version : The only way to Beat Miami

Ken_Masters
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Is to be lights out from deep. They play a swarming trapping defense, so if you're not swinging the ball and hitting 3's they will eat you up. Dallas shot the 3 ball well when they won, and San Antonio almost pulled off the win by doing the same thing. This is why i believe Brooklyn, San Antonio, Golden State, and Houston if they make it that far, are the only teams with a real chance of beating Miami because they have reliable 3 point threats. Agree or disagree?

Solefade
10-30-2013, 03:23 PM
nope, Indiana has the blueprint to beat Miami with their size and post game.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Brooklyn and Indiana are the only squads capable of beating Miami.

GSW? No defense. Chicago? Last night was just one game, but outside of Rose, I feel they don't have enough playmakers or shot creators. SA is a year older and, if Westbrook returns healthy, won't be seeing the finals again.

Ken_Masters
10-30-2013, 03:28 PM
nope, Indiana has the blueprint to beat Miami with their size and post game.

The reason i don't think this is sustainable is because that plan only works if Hibbert avoids foul trouble. If the big is in foul trouble Miami will blow the doors off. It seems the only plan that has worked (Dallas) and was 25 seconds away from happening (San Antonio) is stroking it from deep.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-30-2013, 03:30 PM

GSW? No defense. Chicago? Last night was just one game, but outside of Rose, I feel they don't have enough playmakers or shot creators. SA is a year older and, if Westbrook returns healthy, won't be seeing the finals again.

Gotta see more from Houston too.

Ken_Masters
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM

In regards to Golden State, Bogut is a good interior defender, and Iggy can guard his position. I would like their chances if they got into a shootout with Miami.

Ken_Masters
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
The Heat always load up on shooters. It's mind boggling that Chicago has not done the same.

HylianNightmare
10-30-2013, 03:40 PM
there is more than one way to kill a monster

DuMa
10-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Houston has the plan if they get Dwight Asik working great.

Haymaker
10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Elite ball movement is a must have for any team. Spurs came close with it, Dallas did it.

chips93
10-30-2013, 03:51 PM
this heat team plays completely differently to how it did back in 2011, so pointing out how the mavs beat them is irrelevant

i think you need your bigs to be able to pass/make quick decisions, so that when they trap the pick and roll up high, when you dump it to the big man, he can find the open man, or take it to the rim himself. boozer/noah are both pretty good at this, same for bogut/lee, griffin, timmy and i think splitter can, he just shat himself last finals.

kg and lopez arent really threats in the pick and roll, so thats a problem.

beating them on the boards is another way to exploit them. pacers, bulls, warriors and maybe the nets are capable of this.

having a versatile combo forward type to defend lebron is another necessity. kawhi, george, iggy, butler, mayyyyybe barnes and ak47. i dont think pierce has a shot at slowing down lebron anymore, so thats another problem for the nets.

so the way i see it, the only contender that matches up poorly with the heat is the nets. just because they cant smash the heat on the boards, and their bigs dont pass/dribble well enough.

russwest0
10-30-2013, 03:55 PM
I swear, it's like the Heat weren't just seconds away to losing the Finals in 6 games to an old and banged up Spurs team...

Dro
10-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I swear, it's like the Heat weren't just seconds away to losing the Finals in 6 games to an old and banged up Spurs team...
This...The Heat are not unbeatable. A few teams can beat them.

NumberSix
10-30-2013, 04:02 PM
This...The Heat are not unbeatable. A few teams can beat them.
They're not unbeatable, but they're the least beatable.

Dro
10-30-2013, 04:15 PM
They're not unbeatable, but they're the least beatable.
Thats true...

IncarceratedBob
10-30-2013, 04:26 PM
You just need to rough Miami up, their players hate contact and it throws them off their game.

NumberSix
10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
You just need to rough Miami up, their players hate contact and it throws them off their game.
Myth.

The real truth is, when teams like Chicago and Indiana try to play physical with Miami, its Chicago and Indy that end up losing their cool and getting mind fcuked.

IncarceratedBob
10-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Myth.

The real truth is, when teams like Chicago and Indiana try to play physical with Miami, its Chicago and Indy that end up losing their cool and getting punked.
Not really.

It's impossible to rough up Miami for the entire series because refs will begin to call ticky tacky fouls on the opposition as the series goes on. Miami is the most protected team in the NBA.

NumberSix
10-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Not really.

It's impossible to rough up Miami for the entire series because refs will begin to call ticky tacky fouls on the opposition as the series goes on. Miami is the most protected team in the NBA.
Another myth.

Chicago and Indiana got more calls in the playoffs. Especially Indiana.

Hoopz2332
10-30-2013, 04:44 PM
If the big 3 (Wade-Bron_Bosh) are healthy noone is beating them. If Wade is hobbled, the best way to beat them is with size to take them out of their small ball lineup with battier. Pacers are really the only team that can do this because of Hibbert and David West punishing Bosh and Battier.

asdf1990
10-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Not really.

we already saw what happened to the bulls when miami started pushing them around last year in the playoffs. The only way to beat miami is like op said be lights out from 3. Over the previous three years the one trend I noticed is Miami really starts to fall apart when teams start draining threes on them and they end up losing by 20+. Miami does have trouble with big teams but the games are usually close at the end and lebron/wade/bosh/ray allen, will be enough to pull 4 of those 7 games out at the end like indian last year

jblaze2004
10-30-2013, 05:11 PM
dress up in wizards uniforms:rockon:

:biggums:

Ken_Masters
10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
we already saw what happened to the bulls when miami started pushing them around last year in the playoffs. The only way to beat miami is like op said be lights out from 3. Over the previous three years the one trend I noticed is Miami really starts to fall apart when teams start draining threes on them and they end up losing by 20+. Miami does have trouble with big teams but the games are usually close at the end and lebron/wade/bosh/ray allen, will be enough to pull 4 of those 7 games out at the end like indian last year

Totally agree with this. Teams with size like Indiana may be able to take them to 7 games, but if their bigs encounter foul trouble the floodgates will open for Miami. If the games come down to the wire, Miami has numerous guys that will take and make big shots. This is why i'm not sold on Indiana advancing past Miami in a series.

russwest0
10-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Not really.

Rep

It's A VC3!!!
10-30-2013, 05:48 PM
I didn't read any of the posts in this thread but there's only one way to beat the Heat and that's to be the rare team that can shoot and go inside. The Bulls showed last night that their shooting sucks balls hence why they will never beat the Heat in a playoff series. The Thunder can only shoot which is why they lost in 5 games to the Heat. The Pacers and Spurs can do both which is why they pushed the heat to 7 games. the nets and rockets are the third team that can do both and those 4 teams will pose the biggest challenge to the heat.

TheReal Kendall
10-30-2013, 06:00 PM
To beat them you need an inside and outside game.

Slow them down to where its just halfcourt sets.

Pound it inside then kick to the shooters.

If the Heat's shooters are lighting it up and Wade/Bosh is playing up to par then it's almost hopeless.

Just relying on the 3 will not beat the Heat. That's playing right into their hands.

Teams have to exploit their weakness but if Oden pans out then they won't have any weaknesses to exploit :confusedshrug:

ncrizzle
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
You need a great interior defender and perimeter defender, good ball handler, and a low post game.

Meticode
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM

The SA comment has been said the last 5 years. People will never learn. Sure they're a year older. Duncan is fully capable of performing the way he did last year and Parker. And not to much Leonard is on the cusp of being a star in the league.

highwhey
10-30-2013, 07:50 PM
If indiana had a better ball handler they would have a chance. If chicago had more playmakers

as great as rose is, he can't fill all the holes in his team. Now more than ever a superstar needs help. How can you have derrick rose on your roster and not build a better balanced team around him? I realize this isn't 2k but as a gm you should work day and night to surround rose with the best talent available, not drifters.

97 bulls
10-30-2013, 07:57 PM
The first and most important thing is not turn the ball over. Most teams play Miami well when theyre not turning the ball over

Then youre bigs must be able to dominate the paint.

97 bulls
10-30-2013, 08:03 PM

I agree. But I also feel if you have someone able to dominate even if it not on offense. Noah would have to get more than 10 rebounds and his defense on Bosh would have to be at a higher level than normal

AintNoSunshine
10-31-2013, 03:19 AM
There are multiples ways to beat the Heat, last year's pacers and spurs are completely different teams and both fell just short. But let's just say post play both on offense and defense are the most essential element.

Random_Guy
10-31-2013, 03:43 AM
There are multiples ways to beat the Heat, last year's pacers and spurs are completely different teams and both fell just short. But let's just say post play both on offense and defense are the most essential element.
I actually agree with the previous posters. I don't think the pacers just "fell short", I think they are simply not good enough. If they can just add one elite shooter, I believe they have a great chance. Yeah they can push the heat to 7 games, but I just dont see them getting past the heat this year. as for the bulls, I still have my doubts, as others states, simply rose is not enough. I think im one of the few that actually think the rockets have a good chance, the interior presence of asik and howard may at least slightly slow down the heat's penetration. But atm the heat are the defending champs and should be respected as.

jdm_dc_fan
10-31-2013, 04:22 AM
replace G. Hill from the pacers with a player like Rondo and that's the perfect formula IMO.

ripthekik
10-31-2013, 04:32 AM
they just need to guard wade, bosh, and ray. Leave Lebron on his own. With no one to help him, he'll just choke. That is the only way to beat Lebron.

Yet stupid coaches don't see it. They double lebron and give space to those other 3 to score.

chairman
10-31-2013, 05:41 AM
they just need to guard wade, bosh, and ray. Leave Lebron on his own. With no one to help him, he'll just choke. That is the only way to beat Lebron.

Yet stupid coaches don't see it. They double lebron and give space to those other 3 to score.
This. Stick to your man, don't help d and you can beat them very easily. Lebron will choke on his own because no one will be open and won't have anyone to pass to. Put jimmy buckets on Lebron and it's game over.

snipes12
10-31-2013, 08:23 AM
replace G. Hill from the pacers with a player like Rondo and that's the perfect formula IMO.
Granger and hill for rondo and wallace

Rondo
Born ready
Young tmac
David west
Hibbert

Bench scola-wallace and

bagelred
10-31-2013, 08:26 AM

Exactly. One miracle shot saves the Heat, and somehow they are unbeatable. If Ray Allen misses that shot, we'd be calling for the Heat to be broken up, Lebron as the ultimate choker, and the Heat 3-some as an Epic Failure.

Ray Allen hits it...and Lebron is the best player ever. :oldlol: