Game #1 10/30/13 Bobcats @ Houston 8pm ET

onewickedlady
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Game #1 10/30/13 Bobcats @ Houston 8pm ET

Dwight Howard is now a Rocket.

rufuspaul
11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Dwight Howard is now a Rocket.

Is he ever. He had more rebounds by himself than the Cats did as a team.

A lot of things were troubling about this game:
1. MKG's shot still looks like something you want to hide from your kids. I like his hustle and defense but it's starting to look like Taylor is the more promising of our SFs.
2. Sessions continues to chuck up lousy shots and doesn't involve his teammates at all. I thought he played way too many minutes.
3. Hendo couldn't hit the side of a barn. His signature 15 ft. turnaround jumper was completely off.

I give Big Al a pass given that he hasn't practiced or played in weeks. I just hope he didn't do any damage to his ankle. I honestly thought he shouldn't have played, but I'm not the coach (obviously :D ).

Yet even with our problems I was pleased with the Cats overall. Houston is arguably one of the best teams in the West and to go in there and hang tough was encouraging. If we can get our shots to fall and keep up with transition defense for all 4 quarters we're gonna be in a lot of games.

I'll be there tonight. Anyone else going to the home opener?

rufuspaul
11-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Nice win at home against the Cavs and then we go and lay an egg at New Orleans. Such is life with a young team.

onewickedlady
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Nice win at home against the Cavs and then we go and lay an egg at New Orleans. Such is life with a young team.

Will we ever quit being a "young" team?

rufuspaul
11-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Will we ever quit being a "young" team?

:oldlol: Probably at the same time as the Cavs. Look at the ages of our starting 5 right now (Al Jefferson (28) still out):

Kemba: 23
Hendo: 25
MKG: 20
McRoberts: 26
Biyombo: 21

Key bench players:

Cody Zeller: 21
Jeff Taylor: 24
Ramon Sessions: 27

onewickedlady
11-05-2013, 08:37 PM
:oldlol: Probably at the same time as the Cavs. Look at the ages of our starting 5 right now (Al Jefferson (28) still out):

Sigh.

rufuspaul
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Nice win against the Knicks. Our Cats score 102 behind 25pt.s from Kemba. Hendo finally gets out of his slump. Raptors in town tonight and then these same Knicks of Friday.

Most telling stat of the night: the Bobcats out-rebounded the Knicks 51-33

onewickedlady
11-07-2013, 01:24 AM
I think that our win over the Raptors last night shows that our guys are beginning to learn how to close out games.
Watching them play has really been more exciting than frustrating. The new coach seems so cool. Compared to Larry Brown who was always so full of rage.

rufuspaul
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
So glad Hendo has shot his way out of that awful slump. Dating back to last season we have won 5 in a row at home! :basketball

~spectre~
11-08-2013, 09:59 AM
The up and down at the free throw line is going to send me to an early grave though. It really tears me up.

rufuspaul
11-11-2013, 10:00 AM
The up and down at the free throw line is going to send me to an early grave though. It really tears me up.

:oldlol: I feel your pain.

rufuspaul
11-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Good game last night until that ugly 3rd quarter. Nice stuff from MKG, at least in the 1st half. I'm starting to wonder if signing Gerald Henderson was the right move because right now he isn't playing like a starting 2 guard in this league, and I don't know why we're not playing Ben Gordon at all.

onewickedlady
11-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Good game last night until that ugly 3rd quarter. Nice stuff from MKG, at least in the 1st half. I'm starting to wonder if signing Gerald Henderson was the right move because right now he isn't playing like a starting 2 guard in this league, and I don't know why we're not playing Ben Gordon at all.

I agree that Ben Gordon ought to be played and bring Hendo in off the bench.

rufuspaul
11-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Big Al has his first significant night with a double-double and some really nice passes, the Cats overcome a terrible shooting performance and being without McBob and beat the Celtics on the road. I'll take it. :rockon:

onewickedlady
11-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Big Al has his first significant night with a double-double and some really nice passes, the Cats overcome a terrible shooting performance and being without McBob and beat the Celtics on the road. I'll take it. :rockon:

I think that we have to give some credit to Tolliver and his 3-pointers, too, and yes I agree that "Big Al" is a terrific addition to the team. I think that we've finally reached the point that we aren't going to lose a game just because we're missing one significant player and we're better at winning close games.

It is always strange watching Felton and G-Dub playing on other teams. As well as Tyson Chandler, whom we should have kept, and Mek. RP--do you still have your Emeka Okafor bobblehead doll?

veilside23
11-14-2013, 09:36 PM
nice discussion that you guys are having.. charlotte is slowly getting it ... i hope this would continue but hey if they still decide to tank it wont hurt.. but i guess having big al has changed the attitude of this team.. am not saying jefferson would give you guys a ring but dude is a pain downlow for defending teams... I wont be surpise if dude is going to be an all star in the east...

onewickedlady
11-15-2013, 01:49 AM
nice discussion that you guys are having.. charlotte is slowly getting it ... i hope this would continue but hey if they still decide to tank it wont hurt.. but i guess having big al has changed the attitude of this team.. am not saying jefferson would give you guys a ring but dude is a pain downlow for defending teams... I wont be surpise if dude is going to be an all star in the east...

It's nice getting some positive feedback. We're at .500 so it's time for folks to stop dissing us.
And yes it would hurt if we tanked. After nine years as a team it's tiring still hearing that we're a "young" team and re-building and all that bleep. It's time that we are a force to contend against; it's time that we have earned the respect of the referees so that the officiating is more balanced when we play; there are lots of reasons why it's time to aim for the sky. Do we have work to do. Of course. We should always be looking for ways to improve. That's being honest.

Keep cheering for us.

rufuspaul
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
RP--do you still have your Emeka Okafor bobblehead doll?

:lol Yes!

Tough stretch coming up: At Cleveland tonight, Miami at home tomorrow, then at Chicago and Brooklyn at home. I'd be very happy if we go 2-2.

veilside23
11-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Its on Bobats VS cavs!! go go go cats hornets :)

onewickedlady
11-15-2013, 10:49 PM
What a turn around--Cavs were ahead by 12 and Cats win the game. We're learning how to finish. Not only that, we swept a road trip. Once again, this time in English, we swept a road trip.

Who are these masked bandits?

rufuspaul
11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
What a turn around--Cavs were ahead by 12 and Cats win the game. We're learning how to finish. Not only that, we swept a road trip. Once again, this time in English, we swept a road trip.

Who are these masked bandits?

LeBron brings them back down to Earth. I was pleased overall with the way we played Miami, especially with no offensive weapon besides Kemba. Still, even if we had a healthy Big Al there was no way LeBron was going to let this one get away. He's playing on a level I haven't seen since prime MJ.

Great crowd in the arena Sat. night, and most of them were Bobcats fans. :eek: They had a funny segment on the screen during a timeout where they went up to Heat bandwagon fans and asked them questions like "Can you name one player on the Heat other than LeBron, Wade or Bosh?"

Btw, our Cats are currently 5th in the East. I know that doesn't mean anything in November but I like the sound of it.

rufuspaul
11-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Hard fought game in Chicago last night. Breakout performance from Jeff Taylor and another good defensive outing. Offensively we came up short again, but I'm still pleased with the way we're playing. A few tweeks here and there and this team could be dangerous come All-Star break.

~spectre~
11-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Brooklyn looks old. We pretty much dominated that game until the end and as much as I hate to say it I think our rotations had something to do with it.

Won in the end though.

Glad Kemba had a good shooting night. Looks like he's finally starting to get over those injuries.

rufuspaul
11-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Brooklyn looks old. We pretty much dominated that game until the end and as much as I hate to say it I think our rotations had something to do with it.

Won in the end though.

Glad Kemba had a good shooting night. Looks like he's finally starting to get over those injuries.

Yeah I can't believe we only scored 12 points in the 4th quarter and still won the game. Sessions was horrible in that period.

veilside23
11-21-2013, 05:00 PM
you were right you guys got 2-2 :) good job... I hate the nets .. too washed up

treadster
11-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Since Al Jefferson back in the lineup, Biz has only played a handful of minutes this last two games while Zeller keeps getting minutes even though he played worse than biz. I really wonder what is in Clifford mind sometimes.

rufuspaul
11-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Since Al Jefferson back in the lineup, Biz has only played a handful of minutes this last two games while Zeller keeps getting minutes even though he played worse than biz. I really wonder what is in Clifford mind sometimes.

I'm thinking the same thing. When you see Big Al on the bench he's always talking to Biz, giving him pointers and encouragement. Maybe it's just a matchup situation with the last 2 games but you can't have Jeff Adrien playing the 5 every night.

rufuspaul
12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Wow, what a game against the Heat! You just knew they would go on a 4th quarter run and when that happened we came up just short. One extra rebound, one lucky bounce here or there and who knows? It's a disappointing loss but you have to be encouraged on how much better we are from last season.