PDA

View Full Version : Any posters seen highlights/footage of themselves playing ball?

CavaliersFTW
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Just saw some of my own for the first time and I have to say.... I'm not impressed by my offensive mechanics at all :oldlol: was wondering if anyone else ever experienced 'watching' footage of themselves playing the game before and what their impressions were. It was strange for me because I'm used to studying so many highlights of so many other players.

millwad
10-30-2013, 06:56 PM
You never realize your bad habits when when you play but when you see yourself on tape you have a completely different feeling. I have recordings since I was a kid which my dad used to tape and then games from the Swedish junior national team and then games which were recorded and televised from when I played in the Swedish first league.

Now I only play for fun in the 2nd division and luckily no one record those games. Never liked getting recorded, you always feel the need to look more flashy and skilled and it's much easier doing stupid mistakes.

millwad
10-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Just saw some of my own for the first time and I have to say.... I'm not impressed by my offensive mechanics at all :oldlol: was wondering if anyone else ever experienced 'watching' footage of themselves playing the game before and what their impressions were. It was strange for me because I'm used to studying so many highlights of so many other players.

You're a bitch, by the way.
You probably suck at basketball.

Rake2204
10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I trust most folks who played high school (and maybe middle school) ball have seen themselves playing ball on film. You tend to get used to how your game looks on tape but I agree there's always certain times where you feel like you pulled off a move like MJ and instead, the tape shows a grounded, herky-jerky luck shot.

I remember having a double pump lefty layup my sophomore year and in my head I was thinking, "Oh man, that was tight. Everyone must be impressed." Instead, when I watched it later, like I said above, it was just atrocious. The opposing coach could even be seen turning to his bench in disgust as if to say, "What in the hell was that garbage?" I've got a clip of it somewhere. I'll try to provide it.

CavaliersFTW
10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
I trust most folks who played high school (and maybe middle school) ball have seen themselves playing ball on film. You tend to get used to how your game looks on tape but I agree there's always certain times where you feel like you pulled off a move like MJ and instead, the tape shows a grounded, herky-jerky luck shot.
This for sure was going through my mind on one particular drive. Felt so smooth during the game... couldn't wait to see the tape, ended up looking a lot more awkward than it felt once I saw the film :oldlol:

millwad
10-30-2013, 09:17 PM
This for sure was going through my mind on one particular drive. Felt so smooth during the game... couldn't wait to see the tape, ended up looking a lot more awkward than it felt once I saw the film :oldlol:

You're not a good baller, that's why.

millwad
10-30-2013, 09:17 PM

I remember having a double pump lefty layup my sophomore year and in my head I was thinking, "Oh man, that was tight. Everyone must be impressed." Instead, when I watched it later, like I said above, it was just atrocious. The opposing coach could even be seen turning to his bench in disgust as if to say, "What in the hell was that garbage?" I've got a clip of it somewhere. I'll try to provide it.

Been there, done that!
Please share it! :cheers:

Rake2204
10-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Been there, done that!
Please share it! :cheers:Get ready for some awkward. At the 1:13 mark: http://youtu.be/qbITKv5OEkQ?t=1m13s

millwad
10-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Get ready for some awkward. At the 1:13 mark: http://youtu.be/qbITKv5OEkQ?t=1m13s

Haha, that was awesome. I know the exact feeling, you make some lucky BS shot and just because you do it unorthodox you think you just performed some MJ-like badass move.. :cheers:

chips93
10-30-2013, 09:53 PM
peopla always told me my shooting form was bad but i ignored them

then i watched myself shoot recently, and it was cringe worthy

like marcus camby, except im 5'10 :lol

gigantes
10-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Get ready for some awkward. At the 1:13 mark: http://youtu.be/qbITKv5OEkQ?t=1m13s
that was fun. thanks for sharing.

looked alright to me, and we can't all be standout athletes and gym rat technicians. :cheers:

Lebron23
10-31-2013, 12:01 AM
I also uploaded a basketball video from youtube back in 2011. I think I already improve my movements and handles after two years.

TheReal Kendall
10-31-2013, 12:36 AM
I was shy in high school so I didn't like watching myself

CavaliersFTW
11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I also uploaded a basketball video from youtube back in 2011. I think I already improve my movements and handles after two years.
Care to share or no? I may post footage of my teams in the future, so far haven't made any mixes though but I've been filming some games and plan on filming every game this session.

CavaliersFTW
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
All in all though, nice highlights :cheers:

CavaliersFTW
11-21-2013, 04:51 PM
You're a bitch, by the way.
You probably suck at basketball.
ah, Millwad, always so kind :oldlol:

For real tho I won't hide it, I picked up the game of basketball late in life - by all means, I probably do 'suck' relative to most posters on here who have probably played since childhood. I understand the game - and my court awareness is always improving, but as of right now I don't have any sort of shooting touch or handle because I don't have time to practice and obviously never developed one when I was young. I'm athletic (kinda) so I hustle around chasing loose balls and play defense. I don't score many points. Luckily my team has kept me around :oldlol:

Rake2204
11-22-2013, 10:55 AM
All in all though, nice highlights :cheers:Ha, thanks.