PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Boxing Fight I Ever Saw

Bucket_Nakedz
10-31-2013, 06:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZCHNVj-Ro

i was 11 years old when i saw this fight. as a samoan, i heard the hype from my family and within my own community about this samoan cat from new zealand whoopin asses and taking names. this was my first time seeing tua fight, and even though he loss, i was just fukking blown away by the performances from both men. became a huge fan of both fighters and wasn't even mad that ike won. shame we couldn't see what ike could have accomplished.

do yourself a favor and watch that whole video and listen to those punches. it literally sounds like lightning strikes... fukking unreal power but more impressive godlike chin! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

East_Stone_Ya
10-31-2013, 07:53 AM
I mostly remember him by the match against Lennox that he lost with points

plowking
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Tua was a beast. A harder hitting, slower, less dynamic Tyson. Saying that though, Ike was a different beast. Had the perfect boxing body, amazing power, great technical skill and great conditioning.

He would have gone on to be one of the greatest if he wasn't bat shit crazy.

Bucket_Nakedz
10-31-2013, 05:43 PM
I mostly remember him by the match against Lennox that he lost with points
tua got too big in that fight and wasn't even aggressive at all. lennox was just too great of a cerebral fighter and used his strengths like his jab to control the whole fight. one of the biggest most disappointing and boring title fights ever.

Tua was a beast. A harder hitting, slower, less dynamic Tyson. Saying that though, Ike was a different beast. Had the perfect boxing body, amazing power, great technical skill and great conditioning.

He would have gone on to be one of the greatest if he wasn't bat shit crazy.
word. as much as i love tua, ike won me over that night. i really thought he was next in line to dominate the hw class. there are rumors saying after his fight with tua, is when dude started going crazy due to the clean head shots he took from tua. it is probably one of the great tragedies in that sport of what become of the president. espn needs to do a 30 for 30 documentary cuz dude was the real deal.

still, that fight broke the record for most punches thrown in the hw division. 95% of fighters would have easily got ktfo from the punches these dudes thrown. it was suppose to be the fight of year in 97 - hell, it was the best fight in 90's imo