PDA

View Full Version : A mediocre team with an aging, injured star gets 29 nationally televised games?

PieceOfFelt
10-31-2013, 10:42 PM
That's too bad. The NBA could be promoting better, more interesting teams instead of an old, decaying team but I guess that's how they do business.

inclinerator
10-31-2013, 10:54 PM
which team are u talking about

TheReal Kendall
10-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Are you talking bout the Lakers? Gotta be them

HylianNightmare
10-31-2013, 11:00 PM
lakers i would guess

demons2005
10-31-2013, 11:01 PM
could be talking about the clippers

PieceOfFelt
10-31-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm talking about the Lakers. They're an old, dying team with a declining, injured star. They're thoroughly mediocre. Their future isn't particularly bright either.

PieceOfFelt
10-31-2013, 11:11 PM
It was also common knowledge that Kobe was going to miss some extended time. Him being back by opening night was a pipe dream. Even when he does return he'll need time to reinsert himself within the offense. It will be a slow process.

KeylessEntry
10-31-2013, 11:11 PM
long story short, the reason this happens is advertising money.

HylianNightmare
10-31-2013, 11:15 PM
ummm lemme think, oh yeah because they are the lakers

PieceOfFelt
10-31-2013, 11:20 PM
ummm lemme think, oh yeah because they are the lakers

Who gives a shit if they're the Lakers. That's just a name right now. The product isn't very good and that's what should be important.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-31-2013, 11:35 PM
A shitty Lakers teams will still draw more viewers than at least half the teams in the NBA. Likely a lot more than half, actually.

gts
10-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Who gives a shit if they're the Lakers. That's just a name right now. The product isn't very good and that's what should be important.

Advertisers give a shit. The NBA gives a shit and more importantly the owners that get a share of television $$ give a shit

Lakers are a big money maker

LosBulls
10-31-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm talking about the Lakers. They're an old, dying team with a declining, injured star. They're thoroughly mediocre. Their future isn't particularly bright either.
I'm pretty sure Lakers are the biggest market in the NBA. Just because a team is going through rough times doesn't mean their fans stop supporting them.

Lakers are still one of the teams with the most fans if not THE most, so good or bad they warrant that many nationally televised games.

DuMa
11-01-2013, 12:21 AM
because i want to watch them lose duh

Brokenbeat
11-01-2013, 12:25 AM

NEWSFLASH: A lot of people like the Lakers. Not really that complicated. :confusedshrug:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
That's too bad. The NBA could be promoting better, more interesting teams instead of an old, decaying team but I guess that's how they do business.

lol...bitter mutha fcuka

PieceOfFelt
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
NEWSFLASH: A lot of people like the Lakers. Not really that complicated. :confusedshrug:

Wow, thanks for the information asswipe. No shit they're popular. 29 nationally televised games is an enormous amount. I don't feel a mediocre team, as popular as they may be, deserves that total. If you cut that in half I'd be Ok with it.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-01-2013, 12:29 AM

people will still pay to watch them...rather then up & coming team...

Yao Ming's Foot
11-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Wow, thanks for the information asswipe. No shit they're popular. 29 nationally televised games is an enormous amount. I don't feel a mediocre team, as popular as they may be, deserves that total. If you cut that in half I'd be Ok with it.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Its about cash. Always.

Brokenbeat
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM

I'm glad you'd be ok with that. Apparently the powers that be didn't bother to check with you first though. :cry:

The Iron Fist
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dycehEK51qhu61y.jpg

The Lakers are always important.

PieceOfFelt
11-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Well, I guess true basketball fans who appreciate good basketball will sadly have to suffer because the Lakers are obviously a poor product that is spiraling downwards.