PDA

View Full Version : Melo proved tonight he is a stupid basketball player

sportsfan76
10-31-2013, 11:22 PM
How can this man be this stupid?

you have 5 seconds left in the game and down by 1 point and this fool decides to take a long a$$ jumpshot rather than drive to the basket to either get a better shot or get fouled and win the game from the line. He has to know that taking a long stupid a$$ jump shot with 5 seconds left was a stupid decision. So I can call him a superstar tonight, more of a 'STUPIDSTAR"

FreezingTsmoove
10-31-2013, 11:24 PM
Melo proved this back in 03

imdaman99
10-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Couldn't agree more and I root for the guy.

It's like he waited 2-3 seconds. Why not shoot and give your teammatesa chance to get the rebound, missed like his last 10 shots doing stupid iso plays down the stretch. And woodson will support that play because he loved iso Joe in Atlanta.

LosBulls
10-31-2013, 11:43 PM
How can this man be this stupid?

you have 5 seconds left in the game and down by 1 point and this fool decides to take a long a$$ jumpshot rather than drive to the basket to either get a better shot or get fouled and win the game from the line. He has to know that taking a long stupid a$$ jump shot with 5 seconds left was a stupid decision. So I can call him a superstar tonight, more of a 'STUPIDSTAR"
I think it was all a mentality type of thing. Melo has made those jumpshots before.. I think it was last season he had a game where he hit like 3 of those same shots in the same game against my Bulls (clutch long jumper).

I don't knock him to be honest, It's just the shot hes comfortable taking.

el gringos
10-31-2013, 11:44 PM

It's like he waited 2-3 seconds. Why not shoot and give your teammatesa chance to get the rebound, missed like his last 10 shots doing stupid iso plays down the stretch. And woodson will support that play because he loved iso Joe in Atlanta.
Woodson doesn't just support it he forces it.

Can't argue with the original post- but his self awareness is even more proof that Woodson is the big problem. Put that many non shooters on the floor and come up w the idea of Carmelo at the top of the key- was there any other choice. Oh yeah you think when he drives into 3 guys he will get a fouls call?

Knicks need a coach because Carmelo needs put in different positions than the typical wing player

sportsfan76
10-31-2013, 11:44 PM

Lazy offense is what I call it:facepalm

sportsfan76
10-31-2013, 11:46 PM

Can't argue with the original post- but his self awareness is even more proof that Woodson is the big problem. Put that many non shooters on the floor and come up w the idea of Carmelo at the top of the key- was there any other choice. Oh yeah you think when he drives into 3 guys he will get a fouls call?

Knicks need a coach because Carmelo needs put in different positions than the typical wing player

Not necessarily driving into 3 players but getting closer to the basketball to set up another teammate for a open shot

Mr. Incredible
10-31-2013, 11:47 PM
I laughed.

strike first
10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
He never proved he was smart to begin with

All he did tonight was confirm he was stupid

AintNoSunshine
10-31-2013, 11:52 PM
Lazy offense is what I call it:facepalm

Exactly, don't have the IQ to make a better play for the team, just throw up a shot and hope it goes in and be the hero that way.:facepalm

Meticode
10-31-2013, 11:53 PM
When he took that shot first thing I thought was, "Even if it goes in, it's a horrible shot."

LosBulls
10-31-2013, 11:56 PM
When he took that shot first thing I thought was, "Even if it goes in, it's a horrible shot."
http://youtu.be/n-Vto-gZQIk

And he made another one right before that, same spot.

T-Time3
10-31-2013, 11:57 PM
evrytime this happens or whenever woody comes up with a "woody can't stop making me cringe" plays, i always wanted to scream I'M DONE WITH THE KNICKS, I'M THRU WITH IT , I CAN'T TAKE IT NO MORE !!!
but when the knicks pull a win againts crappy teams like milwaukee the next game, it gives me hope.

WHY NY, WHYYYYYYYYYY I'M NOT EVEN NEW YORKER

Trollsmasher
11-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah, should've driven into a double team and flick in a retarded one handed high arc shot over a seven footer.

ZenMaster
11-01-2013, 12:02 AM

It's how Melo wants to play, Woodson caters because he doesn't want to lose his job like the last coach.

D'Antoni tried getting Melo to convert his game so it would fit a moving ball screening offense. Melo broke the plays to go 1on1 and D'Antoni quit his job.

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 12:07 AM
If he hit the shot then what the haters gonna say?

He took a shot that he makes 8 out of 10 times.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/9/91/Haters_gonna_hate.gif

iTare
11-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Melo is the most 'pure' scorer ever. Dude cant even use his damn head! lol

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2013, 12:12 AM

He took a shot that he makes 3 out of 10 times.

fixed. Contested 2 with foot on the line? if he could make that 8 times out of 10 he would be the GOAT.

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 12:20 AM
fixed. Contested 2 with foot on the line? if he could make that 8 times out of 10 he would be the GOAT.

So he never made a contested jumper before?

NBA players practice shots like that but I forgot people on ISH are experts and have long retired from the NBA

pnyozzzoo
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM

NBA players practice shots like that but I forgot people on ISH are experts and have long retired from the NBA
He said 3 out of 10 thats not never, its a low percentage shot a bad shot a low iq shot.
Do you not understand what the meaning of never is? ROFL Knicks fan.

Spaulding
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM

I'm John Stockton.

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 12:35 AM
He said 3 out of 10 thats not never, its a low percentage shot a bad shot a low iq shot.
Do you not understand what the meaning of never is? ROFL Knicks fan.

That's incorrect also.

It's more like 8 out of 10

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm John Stockton.

You're one of my favorite players Mr.Stockton. I used to love watching you and the Mailman do work.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2013, 12:48 AM
That's incorrect also.

It's more like 8 out of 10

No it isn't. He shot 43.1% (4.31 makes out of 10) from 16 ft to the 3 point line last year. Add to that the fact that he was on the 3 pt line and had Luol Deng in his face and i'd say 3/10 is more than fair.

TheReal Kendall
11-01-2013, 12:52 AM
No it isn't. He shot 43.1% (4.31 makes out of 10) from 16 ft to the 3 point line last year. Add to that the fact that he was on the 3 pt line and had Luol Deng in his face and i'd say 3/10 is more than fair.

I don't care. I know he can make that shot.

Like I said if it goes in then haters got nothing to say.

It just didn't fall tonight.

You right though he should've did a move to get closer but he was probably worried about the time.

I rather him get a shot up than have the time run out trying to do too much.

Nobody is saying anything about the missed free throw by Chandler that would have made it go to overtime.

People just wanna hate on Melo cause it's the "cool" thing to do on ISH

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2013, 12:55 AM
I don't care. I know he can make that shot.

lmao. Excellent analysis and facts brought to the table.

Like I said if it goes in then haters got nothing to say.

It just didn't fall tonight.

You right though he should've did a move to get closer but he was probably worried about the time.

I rather him get a shot up than have the time run out trying to do too much.

Nobody is saying anything about the missed free throw by Chandler that would have made it go to overtime.

No that's not why people hate him. He's a low IQ player that's why they do. If he was gonna shoot that garbage he should have done so early to give a chance for a Tyson put-back.

LosBulls
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM

He took a shot that he makes 8 out of 10 times.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/9/91/Haters_gonna_hate.gif
This

Wavves
11-01-2013, 01:01 AM

That is not true at all. Melo fans just don't understand that he is not a winner, that he doesn't play defense, and that he again and again takes bad decisions. Yes he can make some tough shots, he's one of the best scorers in the game. No one denies that, but it's his inability to do everything else that lets him down.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2013, 01:02 AM
That is not true at all. Melo fans just don't understand that he is not a winner, that he doesn't play defense, and that he again and again takes bad decisions. Yes he can make some tough shots, he's one of the best scorers in the game. No one denies that, but it's his inability to do everything else that lets him down.
And he's a very poor finisher at the rim. (relative to other star wings)

pnyozzzoo
11-01-2013, 01:06 AM
He has more than 5 seconds to set up a shot. Thats an eternity in nba for 1 shot. HE CHOSE to get the ball at 3 pt line and with defender on his face he CHOSE to wait till times up and JACK up that terrible shot. Its not panic no time bail out hail marry.

Its all decision, hence stupid therefore Low IQ.

Noyze
11-01-2013, 01:23 AM
He uses up the entire clock to shoot a three when they are down only one. Just not a smart player