PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap anyone watching the Thunder vs Minny game?

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Thunder are going to have an unimpressive record by time Westbrook comes back. They just have no scoring options other than KD. Ibaka can't hit a shot, Perkins can't score if his life depends on it, Thabo pretty much only scores from open threes (that usually are created by having Westbrook/Durant on the floor together) and Jackson is nothing special (great young player but not going to average you more than 15 a game). Minny are just double-teaming KD and OKC can't score.

KG215
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, we f**king suck. Even with Durant, we're a bottom 5 Western Conference team sans-Westbrook. Gonna be a really, really long 4-6 weeks.

- Ibaka is shit without Russ.

- Too much youth and inexperience.

- Not nearly enough scorers.

francesco totti
11-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Amazing how westbrook is underrated.

If he got injured early in the playoffs. OKC wouldnt have made past the rockets either.

this okc is not even a playoff team without westbrook

juju151111
11-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Amazing how westbrook is underrated.

If he got injured early in the playoffs. OKC wouldnt have made past the rockets either.

this okc is not even a playoff team without westbrook
Are you stupid they still beat the rox with KD going off. They are doubling KD.

SpecialQue
11-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I love Westbrook and hate how he always gets shit on by people. He may be my favorite non-Laker and his importance to OKC should be blindingly obvious now.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, we f**king suck. Even with Durant, we're a bottom 5 Western Conference team sans-Westbrook. Gonna be a really, really long 4-6 weeks.

Yep, I can see OKC being a 5-6 seed before Westbrook comes back. Ibaka is looking to be extremely overrated without Westbrook on the floor.

Also OKC were VERY lucky to beat an undermanned, bad Jazz team the other night too. Not good signs. Westbrook's unfluence is HUGELY underrated by a lot of people on this board.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-01-2013, 08:47 PM
That's what happens when you have a bunch of non scoring role players.

Jackson is not bad, but OKC BADLY needs Lamb to get good and Ibaka to develop into a legit 3rd option.

fpliii
11-01-2013, 08:48 PM

KD should be shooting 30 times a night until Russ gets back.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 08:51 PM
KD should be shooting 30 times a night until Russ gets back.
He can't, teams can just double him because there's no one else on the team to score.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 08:52 PM
That's what happens when you have a bunch of non scoring role players.

Jackson is not bad, but OKC BADLY needs Lamb to get good and Ibaka to develop into a legit 3rd option.

I was always giving him time, thinking he'd develop. I mean, he's still young.. but I'm starting to think he might never turn into that legit third option that OKC expected him to be.

EnoughSaid
11-01-2013, 08:52 PM
The Thunder aren't constructed the right way to fit all of these guys in. They don't need a defensive, stone handed center like Perkins. Low post threat would make this team a championship contender EASILY. And maybe the favorite.

fpliii
11-01-2013, 08:54 PM
He can't, teams can just double him because there's no one else on the team to score.

Even Minny has the personnel to double him successfully? Shit.

Since Jameer is available for a 1st rounder, maybe OKC should trade for him in the interim?

francesco totti
11-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Are you stupid they still beat the rox with KD going off. They are doubling KD.

they were up 2 - 0 when westbrook out. without him they went 2 - 2..
feel the series would have gone rockets way if westrbook didnt play first 2 games.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Even Minny has the personnel to double him successfully? Shit.

Since Jameer is available for a 1st rounder, maybe OKC should trade for him in the interim?
Yep, Minny is closing Durant down hard (5 points halfway through the second, only 5 shots). It's almost comical how bad OKC's offense is. Blazer game is about to start so I won't see much more, but OKC are in trouble.

I doubt it's worth it for OKC to trade a first rounder. I'd just hold it out. As long as they're healthy and ready to go for playoffs they'll be fine, but this first month or two is going to be tough for them.

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Wolves need to keep this lead now. We're very proned to lose these kinds of games, or at least the leads.

I did expect the wolves to come out and take the lead right away. just need to sustain

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Pekovic has had TWO triple block outs ~ the OKC entire front line disappeared behind him~ & both times Love just reached out his hand for the rebound.

Adleman says Rubio is still not 100% on his legs but he's scorching OKC every way right now.

BAREA FOR TREY!!!

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 09:02 PM
My god Ibaka looks TERRIBLE.

Dro
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
The Thunder look horrible period without Westbrook...

You got Durant kicking it to Ibaka for three pointers...

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Love showing the CLASSIC Kiki jab for three

francesco totti
11-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I dont see durant lasting long in OKC.

Seriously, OKC will never contend if they dont get in role players to support westbrook and durant..
trading harden is one bad move already.

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 09:07 PM
My god Ibaka looks TERRIBLE.
yea...why does he have the green light to shoot 3s?

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Rubio & Love FAST BREAK WOW:eek: :eek:

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Jackson looking horrible as well. Jesus.

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I dont see durant lasting long in OKC.

Seriously, OKC will never contend if they dont get in role players to support westbrook and durant..
trading harden is one bad move already.

Bring him over to Wolves win some rings

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Rubio & Love FAST BREAK WOW:eek: :eek:
that was a sick pass.

francesco totti
11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Bring him over to Wolves win some rings

KD - Love together, with rubio distributing the plays ..
looks nice!

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 09:15 PM
KD - Love together, with rubio distributing the plays ..
looks nice!
and Durants fiance plays for the Minnesota Lynx.

Yep. better just call it as it is :cheers:

Suguru101
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Dang, finally Minnesota is healthy. I feel like they have a chance to get the 7th seed this year, they really are a good team, though in the playoffs the lack of a perimeter scorer(Martin is not legit) will hurt.

I will enjoy watching them this year, and of course, my dude Kevin Love is beasting! Can't believe people were ever doubting him.

KG215
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Even Durant sucked that half by his standards. Some of the blame is on Scott Brooks, but KD did a terrible job of getting open and he settled for too many jumpers.

Reggie and Serge were just complete shit in the 1st half.

LakersForlife
11-01-2013, 09:18 PM
okc got destroyed. cant wait for anthony and rubio to play for the lakers

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Even Durant sucked that half by his standards. Some of the blame is on Scott Brooks, but KD did a terrible job of getting open and he settled for too many jumpers.

Reggie and Serge were just complete shit in the 1st half.

early days but Adams looking pretty good.

He's not any different from every single center in the League when they line up on Pekovic... they spend a lot of time sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 09:21 PM
okc got destroyed. cant wait for anthony and rubio to play for the lakers
Nice contribution. Negged.

KnicksWolves
11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Love to Rubio to Pek!

Gotta love them K. Love outlets :D Hoping for a similar performance by the Wolves in the second half.

Dro
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM
One thing I notice when Durant is trying to be a playmaker is that his pass is always off target....

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 09:32 PM
One thing I notice when Durant is trying to be a playmaker is that his pass is always off target....
You noticed wrong.

LakersForlife
11-01-2013, 09:38 PM
wtf???? perkins is pure crap amnesty this clown. and serge shooting 3's????? what the hell

KG215
11-01-2013, 09:38 PM
And so much for Durant being a better/capable playmaker. Don't know what the hell I was thinking trying to argue that bullshit.

He has 1 assist through nearly 7 quarters of baskeball this year. He's not cutout to be the lead ball-handler/primary playmaker in a "one man band" type of role.

LeBron, Kobe, Wade, and T-Mac >>>>> Durant in that regard

He really is a lot more like Dirk.

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Pekovic 14 Foot Jump Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal

FireDavidKahn
11-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Kevin Love is shitting on OKC:banana:

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Kevin Love is shitting on OKC:banana:
he ALWAYS does remember that 50 in OKC?

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 09:55 PM
wow...Wolves are looking flawless tonight.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 09:56 PM
wow...Wolves are looking flawless tonight.
Wolves making OKC look like rookies.

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 09:57 PM
T Wolves need to put the hammer down right now. No more giving away 15 or 20 point leads. That is so last year.

Slam the door on Oklahoma and throw the bolt home in 4q

ABG
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
lol this is painful to watch.

Budadiiii
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
We need to trade Westbrook ASAP!!!!

Rondo where you at bro? WE NEED YOU!!!!

:rolleyes:

Love when idiots get exposed. Makes my dick hard.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Haters are truly getting exposed. Starting to think the Thunder made a HUGE mistake giving Ibaka that kind of money..

Eric Cartman
11-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Took it one too far.

AintNoSunshine
11-01-2013, 10:05 PM
This team even with Westbrook is only 70% of the 2011 squad, without Westbrook they ain't shiit. No scoring option aside from KD, he gotta score and gotta facilitate, that's too much

Budadiiii
11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Haters are truly getting exposed.
Nah man.

Can't forget we lost Kevin Martin. That's clearly the main reason we're getting blown out by 30 to the Wolves.

Also - Russ shoots way too much. We need to trade him for a true PG like Rondo. Easy rings.

SpecialQue
11-01-2013, 10:14 PM

:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
11-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Still a better cast around their star than the 05, 06 Lakers or 03-05 Cavs

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Not much doubt about Brewer on D though. KD with 13 points.

KG215
11-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Abslutely inexcusably awful game from Durant tonight. Don't know if I've ever been more disappointed in him.

13 points, 4 rebounds, 0 assists, 4/11 FG

He deserves to be shredded by fans and media after tonight. I know it'll get swept under the rug for the most part, because it's one game, but that's embarrassingly pathetic.

KG215
11-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Still a better cast around their star than the 05, 06 Lakers or 03-05 Cavs
:oldlol:

That's certainly debatable.

SpecialQue
11-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Abslutely inexcusably awful game from Durant tonight. Don't know if I've ever been more disappointed in him.

13 points, 4 rebounds, 0 assists, 4/11 FG

He deserves to be shredded by fans and media after tonight. I know it'll get swept under the rug for the most part, because it's one game, but that's embarrassingly pathetic.

Didn't know it was that bad. Wow. :wtf:

KG215
11-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Not much doubt about Brewer on D though. KD with 13 points.
Brewer did a solid job, but for the most part Durant played like a bitch, was LeBron 2011 Finals passive, and did a terrible job of working to get open without the ball. Serge and Reggie were absolute shit tonight, too, but Durant is the leader and supposed second best player in the league. He needs to man up and take blame for his inexcusably awful effort tonight, and shoulder the blame for the team looking like shit.

KG215
11-01-2013, 10:25 PM
1 assist for KD in 2 games so far this year.

Don't know what his deal is, but he needs to pull his head out of his ass in a hurry. He usually starts the season off kind of slow and sluggish, but he can't this year.

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 10:25 PM
true. I doubt Brewer could handle a scorching hot Durant - neither can anybody else.

glad for the win though!!

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Durant was just giving up to the pressure that was on him. No other scoring options, so he was facing a lot of defense, but he didn't fight, he just played passively and it frankly was pretty disappointing to see from such a star.

FireMcFailPlease
11-01-2013, 10:27 PM
2-0!

first time we've been this good since 2006-2007. ha

IGOTGAME
11-01-2013, 10:28 PM
And so much for Durant being a better/capable playmaker. Don't know what the hell I was thinking trying to argue that bullshit.

He has 1 assist through nearly 7 quarters of baskeball this year. He's not cutout to be the lead ball-handler/primary playmaker in a "one man band" type of role.

LeBron, Kobe, Wade, and T-Mac >>>>> Durant in that regard

He really is a lot more like Dirk.
Wish I could find some of your posts from last year. Guy has always been a suspect playmaker.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Wish I could find some of your posts from last year. Guy has always been a suspect playmaker.
He was actually quite good last year.. though it was a bit forced and he turned the ball over a few times a game, he still did a good job of it. Difference is he's passing to Regie Jackson and a terrible Ibaka who is not making shots instead of Westbrook.

KG215
11-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Durant was just giving up to the pressure that was on him. No other scoring options, so he was facing a lot of defense, but he didn't fight, he just played passively and it frankly was pretty disappointing to see from such a star.
Yep. Like I said, he was "2011 Finals LeBron" passive tonight. Didn't even really try to work to get open, and settled for too many jumpers and kickouts to inconsistent 3P shooters when he did have the ball. This was probably his worst game since the playoffs in 2010. Except now he's a 25 year old, in the heart of his prime, 2nd best player in the league....not a 21 year old getting his first taste of playoff basketball against the defending champs.

AussieG
11-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Some people have wierd fetishes. At least it's not fat chicks or dead people. :confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Yep. Like I said, he was "2011 Finals LeBron" passive tonight. Didn't even really try to work to get open, and settled for too many jumpers and kickouts to inconsistent 3P shooters when he did have the ball. This was probably his worst game since the playoffs in 2010. Except now he's a 25 year old, in the heart of his prime, 2nd best player in the league....not a 21 year old getting his first taste of playoff basketball against the defending champs.

Are you sure about that? His defense is not 2nd best player in the league worthy............................................ ........ at all.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 10:37 PM

He's clearly suffering a lot like the rest of them from not having Westbrook out there. Not an excuse at all, just saying that without Westbrook there he's always going to have a LOT more attention on him. Having Westbrook out there frees him up a lot more. Westbrook's explosiveness demands a lot of defensive attention.

Natureland
11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
What happened to periods of the game where the specific idea was to have Durant up top and operating the offense? Any real reason why they went away from that? I guess they want to give Reggie confidence, but Brooks probably needs to bring back Durant to start the 2nd and just have him bring it up then.

The 2011 Finals LeBron comparison to Durant tonight fits frighteningly well, I started getting that vibe near the end of the second.

Fudge
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Turrible.

Watch out for dem Wolves doe.

KDnRuss350
11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Let's give Sam Presti a round of applause.

- Had the best young core in the NBA, ready to compete for championships for the next decade. Demolished that.

- Got a decent replacement in the trade (at least for what OKC wanted to do) and let him walk, and didn't get a viable veteran replacement this summer. Guess Presti thought relying on a virtual rookie in Lamb and 3rd year Jackson would suffice. Brilliant GM'ing Sammy!!!

- Wasting a prime year of a player who has top 15 all-time talent and probably gonna end up pushing him out of the door because your cheap-ass wants to avoid the luxury tax even though we've got the second best player on the planet coming off a historically great scoring season while chipping in 8 rebounds and 5 assists per game. But hey, anytime you can rely on a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, and two severely limited offensive veterans in Perkins, Sefolosha, and Ibaka as your supporting cast, why would you make a change?

AND the best one of them all....

- Destroyed his own contender and inadvertently created another contender by trading Harden which made Houston attractive enough to lure Dwight. But hey, at least since he became a GM 6 years ago, he's created not just one but TWO championship contenders. So, there's that...I guess.

TheMarkMadsen
11-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I didn't watch the game but why did Durant only shoot 11 times?

With WB out he should be taking no less than 25 shots per game

I don't care if he's 1-20 he should be the one taking the shots on that team

chips93
11-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Are you sure about that? His defense is not 2nd best player in the league worthy............................................ ........ at all.

who do you have as second then?

i havent seen okc play yet this year, but i thought durants defense has been pretty solid the last couple seasons

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM

"Durant was just giving up to the pressure that was on him. No other scoring threats on the team, so he was facing a lot of defense, but he didn't fight, he just played passively and it frankly was pretty disappointing to see from such a star".

Copied from earlier.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM

Obviously Westbrook did it.

33teeth
11-01-2013, 11:01 PM
- Too much youth and inexperience...

How many years in a row do they get to use this "reason?" If their philosophy is to trade away players for draft picks then do their fans get to use that forever?

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 11:05 PM
How many years in a row do they get to use this "reason?" If their philosophy is to trade away players for draft picks then do their fans get to use that forever?

The fans don't necessarily agree with what the FO is doing in that regard by the sounds of it, so yes the fans can say that. I'd be super pissed if I was an OKC fan. Tight ass owner and some terrible GM choices in the last year or two have turned what was looking like a dynasty into what now looks like a team that will get close every year but may never breach the hump unless there are some roster changes.

chips93
11-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Let's give Sam Presti a round of applause.

- Had the best young core in the NBA, ready to compete for championships for the next decade. Demolished that.

- Got a decent replacement in the trade (at least for what OKC wanted to do) and let him walk, and didn't get a viable veteran replacement this summer. Guess Presti thought relying on a virtual rookie in Lamb and 3rd year Jackson would suffice. Brilliant GM'ing Sammy!!!

- Wasting a prime year of a player who has top 15 all-time talent and probably gonna end up pushing him out of the door because your cheap-ass wants to avoid the luxury tax even though we've got the second best player on the planet coming off a historically great scoring season while chipping in 8 rebounds and 5 assists per game. But hey, anytime you can rely on a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players, and two severely limited offensive veterans in Perkins, Sefolosha, and Ibaka as your supporting cast, why would you make a change?

AND the best one of them all....

- Destroyed his own contender and inadvertently created another contender by trading Harden which made Houston attractive enough to lure Dwight. But hey, at least since he became a GM 6 years ago, he's created not just one but TWO championship contenders. So, there's that...I guess.

im pretty sure presti isnt the one footing the bill, its ownership

its obvious that he has to save money, because either the ownership is cheap, or they genuinely cant afford it

either way, presti has been put in a really tricky situation, and has had to make some really tough decisions over the last 18 months.

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
who do you have as second then?

i havent seen okc play yet this year, but i thought durants defense has been pretty solid the last couple seasons

I dunno man maybe I shot my mouth off again lol

I love paint ball so Centers & Pfs get all my attention really.

I like those guys on the Warriors a whole lot... Brooklyn is filled up with some great players. Right here on Wolves - who is playing better right now (of course 2 freaking games in what does that mean, zero, I know) than K Love has been? Chris Paul is dangerous at all times anywhere on the court.

Durant can score like a lion but so what? There's been hundreds of unstoppable guys who don't get it done in the other areas. Naturally I got a lot of recent-itis tonight since he just got schooled from every direction on clearly an off night.
But straight up if I was able to choose between D12 in great shape (not on a team he dislikes and not with a jacked up back) & Durant.... it would actually depend on the team, who I'd go with. Howard got a lot of bashing last season but fact is, a back injury is just shy of an ACL or Achilles as the worst possible thing that can happen. In some ways it's worse. A guy can't do ANYthing if his back is hurt. It affects your shot, your running, your posture, your stance, how you hold your arms... your confidence.... everything.

BlazerRed
11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I dunno man maybe I shot my mouth off again lol

I love paint ball so Centers & Pfs get all my attention really.

chips93
11-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Durant can score like a lion but so what? There's been hundreds of unstoppable guys who don't get it done in the other areas. Naturally I got a lot of recent-itis tonight since he just got schooled from every direction on clearly an off night.
But straight up if I was able to choose between D12 in great shape (not on a team he dislikes and not with a jacked up back) & Durant.... it would actually depend on the team, who I'd go with. Howard got a lot of bashing last season but fact is, a back injury is just shy of an ACL or Achilles as the worst possible thing that can happen. In some ways it's worse. A guy can't do ANYthing if his back is hurt. It affects your shot, your running, your posture, your stance, how you hold your arms... your confidence.... everything.

i think i like dwight more than most guys on this board, but he is still too much of an unknown to me right now. obviously last year was a mess, and the year before that he was hurt at the end, and the whole 'dwightmare' (all his own creation though).

id take 2009 dwight over current kd though

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2013, 11:51 PM
i don't get it. whas wrong with liking hardnosed action under the rim?

BlazerRed
11-02-2013, 12:30 AM
i don't get it. whas wrong with liking hardnosed action under the rim?
Da **** that have to do with paintball? :roll:

Crafty
11-02-2013, 01:31 AM
No 20FT for Durant = No win.

maybeshewill13
11-02-2013, 01:33 AM
**** this game.

**** Sam Presti.

**** Bennett.

**** Ibaka

**** Perkins the ****ing **** piece of ****ing shit.

**** KD's performance tonight.

**** everything.