PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas will win 6th man of the year

andremiller07
11-02-2013, 12:57 AM
As a starter never really liked him as a back up dudes Bobby Jackson 2.0, dude turns games and gets to the free throw line with the best of them. Dudes winning 6th man bookmark it!

vs. Denver 16 (5/9) 3/4 Free throws 5 assists
vs. Clippers 29 (9/13) 8/10 Free throws 4 assists and when toe to toe against the Point God himself

RRR3
11-02-2013, 12:58 AM
He has to be far and away the best last pick of all time.

konex
11-02-2013, 01:05 AM
He should be starting

Knicksfever2010
11-02-2013, 01:05 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18f15l2v6yb1mjpg/original.jpg

kennethgriffin
11-02-2013, 01:06 AM
He has to be far and away the best last pick of all time.

got em on the FA list

andremiller07
11-02-2013, 01:07 AM
He should be starting
Nope that failed last year and the year before, Vasquez leadership/IQ you need starting, Thomas berserker like ability and energy you need to bring you back into games if you go down, Vasquez can't do that and Thomas can't run a team which you need with your starting 5.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Isaiah's height severely lacks any defensive impact he can have in a starting unit's defensive philosophy to the point where it's a complete liability unless you want to play run and gun, Nelly ball, 7 seconds or less, ect. and completely ignore the defensive side of the ball.

That's not conducive to winning basketball for the most part, so he's best suited where he can focus on one thing, scoring.

blacknapalm
11-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Isaiah's height severely lacks any defensive impact he can have in a starting unit's defensive philosophy to the point where it's a complete liability unless you want to play run and gun, Nelly ball, 7 seconds or less, ect. and completely ignore the defensive side of the ball.

That's not conducive to winning basketball for the most part, so he's best suited where he can focus on one thing, scoring.

yet the starter is not really much better defensively than he is and much less dynamic offensively.

IT2 played 25 games last season with 30 or more minutes. his stats during those games: 20.7 points, 5.7 assists, 3 boards, 47% FG, 39% 3P. less than 2 TO's per so a more than 2:1 assist:TO ratio.

mind you, he did most of his damage tonight vs. cp3 as IT2 played 31 mins to cp3's 36 mins.

bigkingsfan
11-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Meanwhile Tyreke Evans...

bdreason
11-02-2013, 04:23 AM
This guy is so fun to watch play. That spin move to no-look pass in the 4th quarter was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Johnny Jones
11-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Meanwhile Tyreke Evans...
is playing with a sprained ankle

blacknapalm
11-04-2013, 05:14 AM
the 'IQ, size and playmaking ability' PG, vasquez, is averaging a whopping 9 pts @ 43%, 3.7 assists and 1.7 boards. what a menace!

oh and as i said, vasquez is terrible defensively. he has somehow not recorded a steal this entire season despite playing a total of 80 minutes. i don't even understand how that's possible.

andremiller07
11-04-2013, 05:26 AM
the 'IQ, size and playmaking ability' PG, vasquez, is averaging a whopping 9 pts @ 43%, 3.7 assists and 1.7 boards. what a menace!

oh and as i said, vasquez is terrible defensively. he has somehow not recorded a steal this entire season despite playing a total of 80 minutes. i don't even understand how that's possible.
Vasquez is still not 100% and it's nearly impossible to get assists over the frist three games unless Thomas or Cousins are shooting it, the rest of the teams FG% is just so pathetic literally 3 of the 5 starters are shooting under 30%(Patterson and Salmons are below 25%), Thomas is at his best as a pure scorer who looks to pass off him attacking the rim rather than worrying about keeping Cousins/Thornton happy, that's why he's better suited to the bench.

Thomas is no doubt the 2nd most important player we got atm but from a pure style/chemistry point of view he's a elite back up and very average starter. Vasquez has been making the right passes but you can't get assists when on one is making shots.

andremiller07
11-06-2013, 03:20 AM
vs Atlanta

26 points 8/17 FG 9/9 free throw and 5 assists :bowdown:

Miles and Miles
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
vs Atlanta

26 points 8/17 FG 9/9 free throw and 5 assists :bowdown:

Keep it rolling IT!!! Off the bench he can come in for whatever starter is doing the worst too. H ah. I would suspect the rotation is going to change soon I can see it in Malone's eyes.

andremiller07
11-14-2013, 01:19 AM
vs BK 18 points 6boards 6 assists :bowdown:

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-14-2013, 01:41 AM
vs BK 18 points 6boards 6 assists :bowdown:
I say you bump this every game and make this the Isaiah 4 6MOTY campaign thread. :pimp:

got em on the FA list
nope, he was drafted.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-14-2013, 01:43 AM
He won't cause he'll end up starting.

Mrofir
11-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Truly unbelievable what Isiah has been able to do given that he is 52 years old.

Incredible

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-14-2013, 01:49 AM
nah I don't think so. Vasquez runs the O too well when he's hitting on all cylinders. Plus Kings need a spark plug off the bench and Isaiah fits that role to a T. Unless Vasquez plays horrible over a long period of time, Isaiah will continue to come off the bench.

Truly unbelievable what Isiah has been able to do given that he is 52 years old.

Incredible
:oldlol: :banana:

Knicksfever2010
11-14-2013, 01:50 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18j5hnlibdw0xjpg/original.jpg

andremiller07
11-14-2013, 01:54 AM
I say you bump this every game and make this the Isaiah 4 6MOTY campaign thread. :pimp:

nope, he was drafted.
Whenever he plays well I will

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Whenever he plays well I will
which will be every game... :pimp:

andremiller07
11-16-2013, 03:02 AM
vs Pistons

18 points (6/11) 2 boards 7 assists

HomieWeMajor
11-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Will go down as a top 10 little guy of all time

andremiller07
11-20-2013, 03:26 AM
vs Suns

19 points 6/12 and 6/6 from free throw in 24mins and hit clutch free throws and shut down Dragic in the 4th after Dragic was crapping all over Vasquez the whole game :bowdown:

MetsPackers
11-20-2013, 03:34 AM
I love this dude he plays with mad heart :bowdown:

andremiller07
11-20-2013, 03:36 AM
I love this dude he plays with mad heart :bowdown:
Yeap dude is a unreal 6th man/back up PG if the Kings actually had a quality starter who could play defense/hit the 3 at the PG spot that would be unreal, Thomas has found a perfect role as the back up even though on the Kings he should be starting.

Also broke a Kings record

Thomas scored in double figures off the bench for the 10th straight game to start the season, establishing a franchise record that he previously shared with Walt Williams.

andremiller07
11-21-2013, 02:38 AM
@Suns
23 points 8/13 6/7 from free throw 3 boards 4 assists lead Kings to 2nd straight win over Phoenix :applause:

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Another solid game for IT. I hope he can keep it up. Not sure if it's just because they were playing the Suns but taking Thorton out of the rotation has helped the team. Not that Jimmer is contributing too much although he's looks better than the past but Luc has looked better, JT has looked better. Hopefully it carries over to the next games.

andremiller07
11-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Another solid game for IT. I hope he can keep it up. Not sure if it's just because they were playing the Suns but taking Thorton out of the rotation has helped the team. Not that Jimmer is contributing too much although he's looks better than the past but Luc has looked better, JT has looked better. Hopefully it carries over to the next games.
I actually thought Jimmer did well he shot the ball well and actually gave everything on defense and most importantly the dude brings positive energy while Thornton sucks the life out of the building. I don't see why IT can't keep this form up he's basically the go to guy when he's on the floor and rightfully so.

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Agree on Jimmer. Even if the cheers are "mock" cheers everyone comes to life when Jimmer gets minutes. I know I stood and cheered when he came in at the last home game but it was all in good fun for me. I see no reason to NOT give Jimmer the back up minutes that Thorton had. It's not like Thorton did anything productive with him. At least from Jimmer there is 100% effort all the time.

andremiller07
11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Agree on Jimmer. Even if the cheers are "mock" cheers everyone comes to life when Jimmer gets minutes. I know I stood and cheered when he came in at the last home game but it was all in good fun for me. I see no reason to NOT give Jimmer the back up minutes that Thorton had. It's not like Thorton did anything productive with him. At least from Jimmer there is 100% effort all the time.
100% agree I don't care how limited he is at this point shooting/energy is something this team badly needs imo they have to look to trade Thornton dude gave up more than 1 year ago on us.

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 06:16 PM
100% agree I don't care how limited he is at this point shooting/energy is something this team badly needs imo they have to look to trade Thornton dude gave up more than 1 year ago on us.

Agree. Not sure how we can trade any of the garbage on the team. If they get ANYTHING for Thorton or Salmons I would be extremely surprised.

andremiller07
11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Agree. Not sure how we can trade any of the garbage on the team. If they get ANYTHING for Thorton or Salmons I would be extremely surprised.
Salmons is possible since he has a 1 million dollar buyout next year, I think more than likely the Kings will have to wait it out till next season where Hayes/Thornton/Outlaw (looked good I must say) become expiring contracts with more value, Vasquez will be gone and we got the option of bringing Patterson back.

Miles and Miles
11-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Salmons is possible since he has a 1 million dollar buyout next year, I think more than likely the Kings will have to wait it out till next season where Hayes/Thornton/Outlaw (looked good I must say) become expiring contracts with more value, Vasquez will be gone and we got the option of bringing Patterson back.

I have been surprised with Outlaw this year. Used to hate when he came in last year and now he's producing some pretty good results. Still makes mistakes (like everyone on the team) but looks much better.

Doesn't sound like they want to wait to make a deal so makes me really curious what they can actually get done this year. Hopefully it doesn't involve moving IT.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 07:37 PM
@Clippers 22 and 5 assists

Kings need to trade Vasquez dude is piss weak for a guy who can actually defend and start Thomas we always down by 20 to start games with Vasquez than IT has to carry us back into it.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-23-2013, 07:41 PM

Kings need to trade Vasquez dude is piss weak for a guy who can actually defend and start Thomas we always down by 20 to start games with Vasquez than IT has to carry us back into it.
Sounds good on paper, but nah. If Isaiah started, it'd mess up the rotation and he wouldn't have the constant energy off the bench. Has happened before when he started - he was inconsistent. He's best off the bench and finishing games w/ fresh legs.

Vasquez definitely hasn't been as good as expected, though, you're right.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds good on paper, but nah. If Isaiah started, it'd mess up the rotation and he wouldn't have the constant energy off the bench. Has happened before when he started - he was inconsistent. He's best off the bench and finishing games w/ fresh legs.

Vasquez definitely hasn't been as good as expected, though, you're right.
I would prefer Isaiah off the bench if we still had Tony Douglas but we don't plus last season he had to worry about both Reke and Cousins getting the ball now it's only Cousins.

Owl
11-23-2013, 08:11 PM
As a starter never really liked him as a back up dudes Bobby Jackson 2.0, dude turns games and gets to the free throw line with the best of them. Dudes winning 6th man bookmark it!

vs. Denver 16 (5/9) 3/4 Free throws 5 assists
vs. Clippers 29 (9/13) 8/10 Free throws 4 assists and when toe to toe against the Point God himself

He Should be StartingNope that failed last year and the year before, Vasquez leadership/IQ you need starting, Thomas berserker like ability and energy you need to bring you back into games if you go down, Vasquez can't do that and Thomas can't run a team which you need with your starting 5.

Vasquez is still not 100% and it's nearly impossible to get assists over the frist three games unless Thomas or Cousins are shooting it, the rest of the teams FG% is just so pathetic literally 3 of the 5 starters are shooting under 30%(Patterson and Salmons are below 25%), Thomas is at his best as a pure scorer who looks to pass off him attacking the rim rather than worrying about keeping Cousins/Thornton happy, that's why he's better suited to the bench.

Thomas is no doubt the 2nd most important player we got atm but from a pure style/chemistry point of view he's a elite back up and very average starter. Vasquez has been making the right passes but you can't get assists when on one is making shots.

Rather a swift evolution (revolution?) of opinion (assuming the full stop is intended after Thomas, otherwise there's a typo).

But at some point you have to say "This guy is good, this guy needs starter minutes." And with Thomas playing as well as he has (though his per 36 numbers and advanced stats suggested he could be a decent starter from the start) so far (not that he'll keep up a 24.8 PER) that point has been reached with Isaiah. The only thing is the Kings might not want him to put up huge stats given they'll have to pay him or lose him next summer. On the other hand if he thinks he isn't getting what he deserves here it gives him more reason to leave either by taking the qualifying offer and going for nothing next summer or by discouraging the King's from matching offers, asking for a trade.

andremiller07
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Rather a swift evolution (revolution?) of opinion (assuming the full stop is intended after Thomas, otherwise there's a typo).

But at some point you have to say "This guy is good, this guy needs starter minutes." And with Thomas playing as well as he has (though his per 36 numbers and advanced stats suggested he could be a decent starter from the start) so far (not that he'll keep up a 24.8 PER) that point has been reached with Isaiah. The only thing is the Kings might not want him to put up huge stats given they'll have to pay him or lose him next summer. On the other hand if he thinks he isn't getting what he deserves here it gives him more reason to leave either by taking the qualifying offer and going for nothing next summer or by discouraging the King's from matching offers, asking for a trade.
Yeah imo IT is at this best of the bench but we don't have that luxury off having a good starting PG, in an ideal world we have a quality starter and IT to come in and blow games wide apart but Vasquez provides nothing on either end.

Can you extend players still cause? If you can Kings would be idiotic not to extend him now, plus I think he comes back to the Kings regardless of money everyone loves him and he get's plenty of commercials and things like that in Sac town.

iDunk
11-23-2013, 11:17 PM
He's an exact copy of Nate Robinson without the baggage.

andremiller07
12-08-2013, 01:16 AM
After two quiet games the "IT Factor" back in vintage form:bowdown:

vs OKC. 24 (most in the 4th) and 3assists
vs. LAL 14 and 9 assists
vs. Utah 26 and 8 assists

Leads ALL players in 4th quarter scoring his biggest competition is Ryan Anderson, Rodney Stucky and one more person I can't think off that's been beasting hard.

Trentknicks
12-08-2013, 01:30 AM
They only seem to give the award to players on good/great teams, with a playoff appearance generally being the bare minimum requirement.

konex
12-08-2013, 01:37 AM
If he does, the coach needs to be fired. He is the 2nd best player on that team and should be starting

andremiller07
12-08-2013, 01:42 AM
They only seem to give the award to players on good/great teams, with a playoff appearance generally being the bare minimum requirement.
Maybe but who on good/great teams is playing great off the bench? Plus 5-13 (while playing in the West) in the East is basically a playoffs team anyway so the playoffs requirement is pretty much met.

Inferno
12-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Maybe but who on good/great teams is playing great off the bench?

Beasley has a shot at the award assuming, A. He continues to improve and B. He doesn't end up starting :oldlol:

But yeah, as of now it's definitely Isaiah

no pun intended
12-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Ryan Anderson will win it if he plays more games off the bench, depending on when Davis returns.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Told you.

andremiller07
12-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Told you.
Yeah, I still think that's his best role but yeah he's playing well as a starter as well.