PDA

View Full Version : Durant needs to experience frustration like all other greats

Derivative
11-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Am I the only one who thought that Durant got to the finals too easy? He was very luck to have a contending team already at age 23 when he reached the finals.

How many other superstars had their way that smoothly at such a young age? Jordan didn't get a contending team until he was 28 years old. Lebron was stuck on his Crapaliers team for 7 seasons. KG was on his timberpups teams for 12 years. Heck, even the lucky boy Kobe had 3 seasons where he was surrounded by absolute crapheads.

The thing is, it's good for young players to go through frustrations, it makes them grow and and learn to cherish opportunities. All other greats have been through it, and now Durant is going through it too.

Mr. Incredible
11-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Am I the only one who thought that Durant got to the finals too easy? He was very luck to have a contending team already at age 23 when he reached the finals.

How many other superstars had their way that smoothly at such a young age? Jordan didn't get a contending team until he was 28 years old. Lebron was stuck on his Crapaliers team for 7 seasons. KG was on his timberpups teams for 12 years. Heck, even the lucky boy Kobe had 3 seasons where he was surrounded by absolute crapheads.

The thing is, it's good for young players to go through frustrations, it makes them grow and and learn to cherish opportunities. All other greats have been through it, and now Durant is going through it too.
Durant will bounce and be praised for it. Watch.

Fudge
11-02-2013, 01:51 AM
But it's 2 games into the season homie

Psycho
11-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Durant? More like Durcant, am I right? :lol

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-02-2013, 01:53 AM

Durfreethrow or Durfoulline is probably the most fitting.

inclinerator
11-02-2013, 01:54 AM
but who was magic johnson?

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-02-2013, 01:54 AM

He experienced frustration a little later in life when he got HIV.

Mr. Incredible
11-02-2013, 01:55 AM
I watch GrantLand quite a bit. Jalen Rose predicted that Durant will leave OKC and join forces with Harden & Dwight in Houston. It's definitely plausible.

If that happens, watch ESPN and other major networks praise him for the decision.

Derivative
11-02-2013, 01:56 AM

Magic Johnson and Kobe were probably the 2 luckiest boys in sport history

Wavves
11-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Lebron was 22 when he first made it to the finals.

Droid101
11-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Uh, look at his first few season's regular season records.

He has had struggles, man.

Derivative
11-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Lebron was 22 when he first made it to the finals.

and what quality teammates did he have back then? is it comparable to westbrook harden and ibaka?

tmacattack33
11-02-2013, 02:17 AM

?

Westbrook is out for the whole season now?

pnyozzzoo
11-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Durant will bounce, come to Houston baby, you can have all the rings you want.:banana:

imdaman99
11-02-2013, 02:23 AM
It won't happen, Westbrook is too good.

And he's only a few weeks away :rockon:

Mr. Incredible
11-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Durant will bounce, come to Houston baby, you can have all the rings you want.:banana:
Fake rings. :lol

Just kidding*

Mr. Jabbar
11-02-2013, 02:31 AM

so carrying gasol + nobodies to 3 finals and 2 chips is luck? team with shaq wasn't deep at all either. thats not luck. luck is when you can play alongside the leagues best talent in a deep team in a depleted weak estearn conference. thats luck

Sarcastic
11-02-2013, 02:33 AM

Lakers were nothing before Magic got there.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Nothing? They had 6 Championships before Magic, which is 3 times the amount the Knicks have in their entire history and more than any team in NBA history not located in Boston or Chicago.

tmacattack33
11-02-2013, 02:48 AM
so carrying gasol + nobodies to 3 finals and 2 chips is luck? team with shaq wasn't deep at all either. thats not luck. luck is when you can play alongside the leagues best talent in a deep team in a depleted weak estearn conference. thats luck

That is the first (and probably will be the only) time that I've ever heard of that team referred to as "Gasol + nobodies". LOL wtf.

Deuce Bigalow
11-02-2013, 02:58 AM
But who was Bill Russell?

Mr. Jabbar
11-02-2013, 03:03 AM
That is the first (and probably will be the only) time that I've ever heard of that team referred to as "Gasol + nobodies". LOL wtf.

yeah perhaps you're used to talk about the "gasol-led" lakers era :rolleyes:

Jacks3
11-02-2013, 03:05 AM
What he needs to do is become an elite playmaker/creator/ball-handler ala prime Kobe/Wade and LeBron. He's still too one-dimensional though he's certainly improved since 2011.

longtime lurker
11-02-2013, 03:22 AM
You don't think making it to the finals and losing is frustrating enough? Durant is a big reason of why his teams are successful.

miggyme1
11-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Durant got to the finals too soon? U say it as if it was all luck. Make no mistake bout it;the thunder were a great team when they had harden. Without harden they just not the same. Its been plenty stars get to the finals early so i dont understand your argument. Dwight got there in 2009 which was his 5 season. Lebron got there in 2007. Kobe in 2000. Of course he had shaq but without kobe they dont make the finals. And i can name plenty others.

Bandito
11-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Isn't more like Dura'int.:lol

Sarcastic
11-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Nothing? They had 6 Championships before Magic, which is 3 times the amount the Knicks have in their entire history and more than any team in NBA history not located in Boston or Chicago.

4 of those titles came from the 1950s when they were the Minneapolis Lakers, and obviously I wan't talking about them historically, dickwad. I was talking about where the team was in the late 1970s. Kareem did nothing with the team for close to a decade. They languished in mediocrity till Magic got there, and then they became champions.

Go learn the history of the NBA.

SHAQisGOAT
11-02-2013, 08:21 AM
4 of those titles came from the 1950s when they were the Minneapolis Lakers, and obviously I wan't talking about them historically, dickwad. I was talking about where the team was in the late 1970s. Kareem did nothing with the team for close to a decade. They languished in mediocrity till Magic got there, and then they became champions.

Nothing?? :facepalm

So improving them by 10W with a weak ass team, is nothing?
Having one of the best peaks/seasons in 1977, just playing like an absolute beast, taking them to 53W with a weak ass team, with a new and young coach in West (who only coached for 3 seasons), tearing shit up in the playoffs (losing to a much more stacked team)... is nothing?
1977-78 and 1978-79 also two pretty great seasons, especially with chemistry-killer, absolutely-no-defense-playing, not yet in his prime, Adrian Dantley, and only Wilkes was a good defensive player pretty much.

And from 1975-76 til 1978-79 ain't close to a decade.

Furthermore, Magic was only clear-cut better than Kareem around 1986 or 1987, and we're talking about a 39 year old Jabbar, mind you.
Kareem had a crazy season in 1980 with MVP, leading the way to a ring, that FMVP is his. He still had some great years after that as a leader/captain/best-player, he had one of the GOAT individual Finals series in 1985 at age 38 against the Celtics with an injured Bird, had it not been for him (you can also say injure to Bird) and they don't win.

So yea you could say Magic was really lucky to arrive at a team a top3 all-time player still in his prime(past his peak) to lead them and take the pressure off, plus Nixon one of the greatest PGs in the league at the time to learn from, Wilkes was a really good player, and Coop started playing the same time as Magic.

LakersForlife
11-02-2013, 12:22 PM
didnt durant won like 21 games couple of years ago?

11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I'd like to see both kd and Westbrook leave just to see okc itself implode lol

Eric Cartman
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see both kd and Westbrook leave just to see okc itself implode lol

All of us do and it will happen.

Replay32
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
magic johnson,

james worthy,

Lou alcindor,

dwayne wade,

Kobe bryant,

tim duncan

Bill Russell

Feel free to add to the list.

Replay32
11-02-2013, 05:40 PM

:no:

:coleman:

Derivative
09-08-2016, 03:14 PM
And of course he ran like the beta he is.

Hey Yo
09-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Nothing?? :facepalm

So improving them by 10W with a weak ass team, is nothing?
Having one of the best peaks/seasons in 1977, just playing like an absolute beast, taking them to 53W with a weak ass team, with a new and young coach in West (who only coached for 3 seasons), tearing shit up in the playoffs (losing to a much more stacked team)... is nothing?
1977-78 and 1978-79 also two pretty great seasons, especially with chemistry-killer, absolutely-no-defense-playing, not yet in his prime, Adrian Dantley, and only Wilkes was a good defensive player pretty much.

And from 1975-76 til 1978-79 ain't close to a decade.

Furthermore, Magic was only clear-cut better than Kareem around 1986 or 1987, and we're talking about a 39 year old Jabbar, mind you.
Kareem had a crazy season in 1980 with MVP, leading the way to a ring, that FMVP is his. He still had some great years after that as a leader/captain/best-player, he had one of the GOAT individual Finals series in 1985 at age 38 against the Celtics with an injured Bird, had it not been for him (you can also say injure to Bird) and they don't win.

So yea you could say Magic was really lucky to arrive at a team a top3 all-time player still in his prime(past his peak) to lead them and take the pressure off, plus Nixon one of the greatest PGs in the league at the time to learn from, Wilkes was a really good player, and Coop started playing the same time as Magic.

:oldlol:

Sarcastic got his ass handed to him and nothings changed since then.