Wizards send: Trevor Ariza
Wizards receive: Steve Blake, Chris Kaman, Jodie Meeks

Lakers
PG: Kyle Lowry | Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant | Nick Young | Xavier Henry
SF: Trevor Ariza | Wesley Johnson
PF: Jordan Hill | Shawn Williams
C: Pau Gasol | Robert Sacre

Why Lakers do it? They need some young proven guys who can defend the likes of Cp3, Westbrook, Parker, Durant and Harden in the playoffs. Plus they'd both come on 1 year deals.

Why Raptors do it? Fan favorite Steve Nash gets to retire in his home team. Nash can provide leadership. Something for nothing. Lowry likely walks at the end of the year.

Why Wizards do it? They're stacked at the SF. 3rd pick Otto Porter needs playtime to develop into an all-star. They have Webster to back him up for the next 3 years. Wizards get some added depth for Ariza who likely walks at the end of the year.

Thoughts?

QuebecBaller
11-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I like it for Toronto

But Nick Young back in Washington? :lol

Legends66NBA7
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I like it for Toronto

And Ariza back with the Lakers.

I don't see anything happening yet, though. Raptors probably want picks if their unloading.

KobesFinger
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Lakers wouldn't do this. They may not even reach the play-offs, and if they do they're a first round exit. Steve Nash went to LA so he could stay close to his kids, otherwise he would've stayed in Phoenix. I'm keeping an eye on Washington (on the Wall Wagon) and I don't think they do this either. Ariza can hit the 3 and is a better defender than Young and doesn't chuck.

BallsOut
11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I like it for Toronto

Nick Young's best days were with the Wizards. I can see Young playing well next to Wall in a fast pace game much like the Irving/Waiters combo in Cleveland.

But I think most importantly, if Washington does the trade, it'd be because of trying to get Porter more playing time to develop him into the player they think he can become.

$LakerGold
11-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Laker send: Steve Nash, Nick Young, 2014 1st round pick
Lakers receive: Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza

Raptors send: Kyle Lowry, Austin Daye, Raptors 2014 2nd round pick
Raptors receive: Steve Nash, Lakers 2014 1st round pick

Wizards receive: Nick Young, Austin Daye, Raptors 2014 2nd round pick

Lakers
PG: Kyle Lowry | Jordan Farmar | Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jodie Meeks
SF: Trevor Ariza | Xavier Henry | Wesley Johnson
PF: Jordan Hill | Lamar Odom
C: Pau Gasol | Chris Kaman | Robert Sacre

Why Lakers do it? They need some young proven guys who can defend the likes of Cp3, Westbrook, Parker, Durant and Harden in the playoffs. Plus they'd both come on 1 year deals. Lamar Odom would be a FA pickup for the vet min because they need the depth at PF.

Why Raptors do it? Fan favorite Steve Nash gets to retire in his home team. Plus they get the Lakers 2014 1st round pick which is projected to be in the mid 1st round for Lowry instead of nothing when he walks at the end of the year.

Why Wizards do it? They're stacked at the SF. 3rd overall pick Otto Porter needs playing time to develop into an all-star. They have Webster to back him up for the next 3 years. Wizards get young talent in return and a 2nd round pick instead of nothing when Ariza walks at the end of the year.

Thoughts?

Lakers
PG: Kyle Lowry | Jordan Farmar | Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jodie Meeks
SF: Trevor Ariza | Xavier Henry | Wesley Johnson

Trade or waive Jodie Meeks, then sign Shannon Brown. Xavier Henry can't play 3, he's too small for 3. If they refuse to give up Kyle Lowry --

Lakers
PG: Jordan Farmar | Brown | Steve Blake
SG: Kobe Bryant | Xavier Henry |

Shannon has ran the point under Phil, & I think he'll thrive & benefit from Pringles being a 2-guard. Or don't waive Meeks & keep the rotation situational.

ralph_i_el
11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Nick Young's best days were with the Wizards. I can see Young playing well next to Wall in a fast pace game much like the Irving/Waiters combo in Cleveland.

But I think most importantly, if Washington does the trade, it'd be because of the pick and to get Porter more playing time.

We don't want young. He doesn't want to leave LA. It would be bad news.

Qwyjibo
11-02-2013, 06:51 PM
A 1st round pick from the Lakers? As long as there is no protection or VERY minimal, Toronto says yes. It sucks to have to take on Nash and his contract but whatever. He looks like a shell of what he used to be so at least he'll help the tank. The chance of Kobe not being effective this year and that pick being high is enticing.

Good deal for the Raptors with the assumption that Gay and Derozan would be traded soon after.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-02-2013, 07:52 PM
A 1st round pick from the Lakers? As long as there is no protection or VERY minimal, Toronto says yes. It sucks to have to take on Nash and his contract but whatever. He looks like a shell of what he used to be so at least he'll help the tank. The chance of Kobe not being effective this year and that pick being high is enticing.

Good deal for the Raptors with the assumption that Gay and Derozan would be traded soon after.

This is retard suggestion by OP.

Lakers xant trade their 2014 1st till the day of draft

Qwyjibo
11-02-2013, 07:54 PM
This is retard suggestion by OP.

Lakers xant trade their 2014 1st till the day of draft
Well then this deal is impossible. Obviously if the Lakers season goes to shit and they get a high pick, they won't trade it and Lowry is a FA after this year.

game3524
11-03-2013, 02:00 PM
That isn't a bad trade for the Lakers.

They need speed and athleticism more then anything.

Jameerthefear
11-03-2013, 02:10 PM
I think this is the first trade I have seen on this forum where a trade is not blatantly one sided for the Lakers. Lakers aren't giving up a pick in a strong draft.

Eric Cartman
11-03-2013, 02:18 PM
You have to look at things much further than this season if you're the Lakers. Nash is the only player on the books next season for them at 9 million. That's a huge salary for them to pay for a 40 year old PG and would cut into their free agent aspirations.

Lakers teams aren't usually built through drafts. They've traded away 1st round picks for good proven players in the past. Jordan Hill and Ramon Sessions last year, Trevor Ariza before that, etc.

:biggums:

fiddy
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Any deal that includes trading away Steve Nash is a good Lakers trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Bullshit. Quit being a dumbass. Plenty of player trades during the season have involved sending draft picks to the other team and vice versa.

Grow up & read a little bit. Lakers traded 2 1st rounders in 13 & 15 because they cannot trade consecutive 1st rounders.

They have draft that pick or sell on the draft day... Just like they sold tony Douglas to nyk few yrs back

So GTFO

BallsOut
11-03-2013, 03:14 PM
And Ariza back with the Lakers.

I don't see anything happening yet, though. Raptors probably want picks if their unloading.

Ariza needs to come back to the Lakers with Kobe. That chemistry.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ariza.jpg

BallsOut
11-05-2013, 01:47 AM
No place like home?

Steve Nash returns to Canada with the Raptors

Trevor Ariza returns to the Lakers with Kobe

:bowdown:

GoRapz
11-05-2013, 02:19 AM
F*ck Nash. He's a shell of himself. This Raptors team has been trying to build a defensive identity for the past couple years and trading for Nash would go against everything they're trying to do.

BallsOut
11-11-2013, 02:13 AM
F*ck Nash. He's a shell of himself. This Raptors team has been trying to build a defensive identity for the past couple years and trading for Nash would go against everything they're trying to do.

I thought the Raptors were trying to tank for Wiggins, not barely miss the playoffs?

The Macho Man
11-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Why on earth would porter play over Ariza or Webster?

mugiwara
11-11-2013, 04:21 AM
thou shalt not trade steve blake

BallsOut
11-12-2013, 01:49 AM
thou shalt not trade steve blake

Ask, and you shall receive.

BallsOut
11-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Why on earth would porter play over Ariza or Webster?

Because Ariza walks at the end of the year and they would rather develop 3rd overall pick Otto Porter on his cheap rookie contract. :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
12-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Laker send: Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Chris Kaman, Jodie Meeks
Lakers receive: Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza

Raptors send: Kyle Lowry
Raptors receive: Steve Nash

Wizards receive: Steve Blake, Chris Kaman, Jodie Meeks

Lakers
PG: Kyle Lowry | Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant | Nick Young | Xavier Henry
PF: Jordan Hill | Shawn Williams
C: Pau Gasol | Robert Sacre

Why Lakers do it? They need some young proven guys who can defend the likes of Cp3, Westbrook, Parker, Durant and Harden in the playoffs. Plus they'd both come on 1 year deals.

Why Raptors do it? Fan favorite Steve Nash gets to retire in his home team. Nash can provide leadership. Something for nothing. Lowry likely walks at the end of the year.

Why Wizards do it? They're stacked at the SF. 3rd pick Otto Porter needs playtime to develop into an all-star. They have Webster to back him up for the next 3 years. Wizards get some added depth for Ariza who likely walks at the end of the year.

Thoughts?

:applause:

Bosnian Sajo
12-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Trade Steve Blake? The GOAT?? Are you nuts?

BallsOut
12-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Trade Steve Blake? The GOAT?? Are you nuts?

Nope. Dude is too much of an alpha. Can't be two mamba's on this team.

b1imtf
12-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Lakers send: Steve Nash, Pau Gasol
Recieve: Beal, Wall, Jonas

Raptors send: Jonas
Recieve: Nash

Wizards send: Beal, Wall
Recieve: Pau

BallsOut
12-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Lakers send: Steve Nash, Pau Gasol
Recieve: Beal, Wall, Jonas

Raptors send: Jonas
Recieve: Nash

Wizards send: Beal, Wall
Recieve: Pau

No thanks. Wall is overrated. Dude can't even lead a solid team over 0.500 in the weak Eastern conference.

BallsOut
12-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Get it done Mitch!

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Trades can officially happen as soon as today since all free-agents signed before the season can now be traded! :lol

MVBallin2K
12-15-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.

BallsOut
12-15-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.

Wizards are not trading Wall. Lay down the pipe brother. Not that the Lakers would want him. He wouldn't fit next to Kobe. He's a scoring PG. Lowry is a true playmaker, gritty defense and actually wins you games. Just the perfect PG for the Lakers.

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Ariza needs to come back to the Lakers with Kobe. That chemistry.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ariza.jpg

The original TA :bowdown:

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?

Levity
12-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?

hes been great, especially since the rudy gay trade. i think averaging something like 20/7/4 boards a game post trade.

Legends66NBA7
12-24-2013, 03:05 PM

He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.

BallsOut
12-24-2013, 03:08 PM
He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.

Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?

Legends66NBA7
12-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?

As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.

BallsOut
12-26-2013, 02:47 PM
As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.

:biggums:

BallsOut
12-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Get it done Mitch!

Phenith
12-27-2013, 09:24 PM
To me it looks like the Lakers trading away their garbage for a solid PG and a serviceable starting SF. Nobody wants Nash at this point, yes, he is Canadian, but he's almost 40 and acquiring him would be all about novelty value at this point.

I'm not opposed to trading Lowry at all, but i'm sure we can do better. Why not try to grab a young guy and a late pick from OKC, Lowry could easily play beside Westbrick when he comes back.