PDA

View Full Version : Perkins Tweet

LONGTIME
11-04-2013, 02:23 AM
https://twitter.com/sip19/status/397228260435570688/photo/1

I saw this posted on another forum, Perk tweeted this around 11:00 P.M. and then immediately deleted it, does Perk want out of OKC? :lol

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Just amnesty his useless ass already.
Sam Presti must be smoking crack to not have already done that, especially since he further killed cap space extending that scrub in disguise Ibaka.

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Worst player in the NBA.

Perkins would be a below average player in the D-League

Trollsmasher
11-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Perk may want a change but the OKC fans do not.

maybeshewill13
11-04-2013, 02:37 AM
yes yeS yES YES YES YES YES GET RID OF THIS FAT **** **** PIECE OF ****ING USELESS AS BALLS SHIT. DUDE'S A ****ING **** WORTHLESS, SORRY **** BAG ****!

He wants out? Lets oblige! No need to waste amnesty though, his contract ends this year doesn't it? Or is it next year? Oh god..

**** YOU PERKINS YOU ****ING ****!!!

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/wrestler_angry_gif.gif

LakersDaBEst
11-04-2013, 02:38 AM
The media is really changing our perspective in life. :facepalm

Wavves
11-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Probably had nothing to do with basketball is my guess.

imdaman99
11-04-2013, 02:42 AM
it would be pointless to amnesty him now. harden is already gone. just keep him and let his contract expire. keep him on the bench, he doesnt belong in the game in any of the 4th quarters or past the opening few minutes of the game.

do NOT, i repeat DO NOT waste the amnesty on him. they have kept it for this long.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Would anybody be stupid enough to trade for him?

maybeshewill13
11-04-2013, 02:46 AM
it would be pointless to amnesty him now. harden is already gone. just keep him and let his contract expire. keep him on the bench, he doesnt belong in the game in any of the 4th quarters or past the opening few minutes of the game.

do NOT, i repeat DO NOT waste the amnesty on him. they have kept it for this long.

They won't amnesty him, that would be stupid and a waste. Presti and the idiot manager have done some dumb shit lately, but they won't amnesty him.

maybeshewill13
11-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Would anybody be stupid enough to trade for him?
No.

Mr. Incredible
11-04-2013, 02:49 AM
LOL @ Sam Presti.

DuMa
11-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Self-Aware Perk is good guy perk

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 03:07 AM
They won't amnesty him, that would be stupid and a waste. Presti and the idiot manager have done some dumb shit lately, but they won't amnesty him.

A waste of what? There are no other amnesty candidates on the team.

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Funny, OKC fans have been thinking the same shit for the last 2 years

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:09 AM
A waste of what? There are no other amnesty candidates on the team.

It'd put them into the luxury tax to amnesty Perk when they instead could just let his ass ride the bench

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 03:10 AM

Again, waste it how? You can only amnesty players that were signed before the current CBA. I'm not sure there's even anyone else on the team they COULD amnesty besides Perkins and Nick Collison who makes 2.5 million dollars.

Perkins is the exact player the amnesty was created for. There's no reason not to use it on him.

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Only Perkins would say shit like that after getting low minutes in a WIN.

This is the clown who was bitching about us giving him low minutes in the Finals vs the Heat because they'd just throw LeBron on him and not even worry about his useless ass.

OKC fans have been saying it's time for a change for the last 2 years. There are YMCA ballers better than this fk** bum

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
It'd put them into the luxury tax to amnesty Perk when they instead could just let his ass ride the bench

What??

How does amnestying a player put them in the luxury tax? Amnesty is what prevents a guy from counting toward your luxury tax..

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:17 AM
What??

How does amnestying a player put them in the luxury tax? Amnesty is what prevents a guy from counting toward your luxury tax..

Oh shit, you're right. I just remember this offseason seeing shit about thats why we wouldn't amnesty him but I was mislead.

Wow, we were f*cking stupid for not amnesting this clown last offseason. Granted we had to make the choice before the draft, but still.

If we could amnesty his ass right now I'd do it so damn fast

TheCorporation
11-04-2013, 03:19 AM
If you amnesty Kendrink GOATkins then who plays the 5?

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:22 AM

Steven Adams with Thabeet backing him up. Adams is good for a rookie and Thabeet (while garbage) is still better than Perk. Collison would get some minutes as well.

In todays game Brooks finally grew a pair and rolled with some interesting lineups that saw Ibaka at the 5 and I think Collison as well.

We closed the game out with

Westbrook
Reggie
Fisher
Durant
Ibaka

3 point guards. Shit was insane.

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 03:28 AM

Literally any journeyman you could sign off the scrap heap would be an upgrade.

Washed up Marcus Camby would be an upgrade. Jason Collins would be an upgrade. Bring Shaq out of retirement: Upgrade.

Or just play Adams and whatever other bigs they have on the roster.

You literally could not find someone less useful than Perkins right now if you tried.

imdaman99
11-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Literally any journeyman you could sign off the scrap heap would be an upgrade.

Washed up Marcus Camby would be an upgrade. Jason Collins would be an upgrade. Bring Shaq out of retirement: Upgrade.

Or just play Adams and whatever other bigs they have on the roster.

You literally could not find someone less useful than Perkins right now if you tried.
You mean addition by subtraction? I'm with you there. Perkins is worse than useless.

russwest0
11-04-2013, 03:40 AM
We aren't even playing 4 on 5 with this niqqa out there, it's 4 on 6. Niqqa be setting screens on our own players and shit, trying to do fancy passes givin da ball up right to the other squad.

TheCorporation
11-04-2013, 04:19 AM
You know fellas, it's weird. We all know Perkins is ****ing terrible. If you look up his post season stats from 2013 you will laugh, cry, and then laugh again. I mean seriously, they're atrocious.

But, why hasn't he been amnestied? That's the honest question. Why? Is he there for the Rockets? The "Dwight" stopper? I'm trying to figure out why he is still playing for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

andremiller07
11-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Marcus Thornton + Chuck Hayes for Perkins and Thabo it's about as good deal as your going to get.

Kings clear some cap space for next season and slide Thabo to the SF spot and play Mclemore as the SG and Jimmer as the back up.

OKC replace Kevin Martin and get Chuck Hayes who can pass in there offense and provide another good defender to go with the other bigmen they got.

AussieG
11-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Surprised he knows how to use a phone.

Shouldn't be too hard on him though.. he was the Grizzlies MVP during the playoffs last year. :lol

jdm_dc_fan
11-04-2013, 05:10 AM
After this move I don't question Danny Ainge's decisions. He saw this coming years ahead of time. Ironically Bostons starting center is a rookie who just put up 12pts 18rbs 6blks at 66%fg for a cheap 2 million. Lol

KG made Perkins look serviceable. You think billy king and Kidd are oblivious? They knew to get KG they needed pierce to bring him. They want KG out there to free up brook the real centerpiece of the nets.

BlazerRed
11-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Perkins is about as useful as a sack of shit. How this joker got any minutes the past two years will forever remain a mystery.

crunk-juice
11-04-2013, 07:16 AM
black sports online? what in the actual ***? brb starting White Sports Online

Bobcats2013
11-04-2013, 07:21 AM

Top stories on the site

Brian Scalabrine leads Warriors to another win.
Are Ricky Rubio and Vitor Faverani white?
The pros and cons of starting Luke Ridnour over Brandon Jennings.
Why Kevin Love is the greatest Power Forward of all time

Scholar
11-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Perkins sitting and thinking is a new change to the usual sitting and eating.

coin24
11-04-2013, 09:09 AM

White power online, proud sponsors of the timberwolves..

And okc:lol give away harden, overpay icrapa and continue to play the dwight stopper:oldlol:

Spaulding
11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Perkins is about as useful as a sack of shit. How this joker got any minutes the past two years will forever remain a mystery.

Lol Jesus!

hawkfan
11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
It's too late to amnesty him now.
Next year he becomes an expirer, so that will make him more tradeable. But they would have to package some assets along with him, another young player or a first round pick.

TheGreatDeraj
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Why would OKC get rid of Perkins?

Who is going to guard Dwight if they get rid of Perkins?

Who is going to set hard off ball screen to get Durant good looks?

OldSkoolball#52
11-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Who is going to guard Dwight

Dwight.

jimmy77x
11-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Can someone explain how the fck Perkins was drafted out of high school. Was he really that good? dude is complete garbage.

BlazerRed
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Why would OKC get rid of Perkins?

Who is going to guard Dwight if they get rid of Perkins?

Who is going to set hard off ball screen to get Durant good looks?
Perkins has been getting called for those screens this year. He's getting mad as **** :lol

Nick Young
11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
He's probably talking about changing his adult diaper.

Nick Young
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Cant believe Scrubdrick made a career from being a "Dwightstopper". It's not like Dwight is Shaq level dominant and needs to be stopped:lol

sodapop
11-04-2013, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't go that far to say Perkins is complete garbage. He is a great defender inside the paint and one of the best rebounding big men. The OKC Thunder system, fast break offense style of basketball doesn't work for a player like Perkins. Perk is a half court offense / defense style player. He would be more effective in a pick and roll offense or a 1-2-3 pop offense. I bet Perks game would improve 100% under Doc Rivers coaching? I will go a tad bit further, Perk would be an excellent fit with the Lakers.

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 07:18 PM
He is a great defender inside the paint and one of the best rebounding big men.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

TheReturn
11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
First ever TheReturn trade idea (although maybe not very realistic)

OKC gets: Vitor Faverani + Whoever
Boston gets: Perk

Rondo and Perk go back to being the best buddies in the world, while OKC gets an underrated big. Didn't Faverani put up something like 15/15 the other night? :lol

TheReal Kendall
11-04-2013, 07:24 PM
He probably want more touches :facepalm

LONGTIME
11-04-2013, 07:25 PM
He is a great defender inside the paint and one of the best rebounding big men.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

Bobby13
11-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't go that far to say Perkins is complete garbage. He is a great defender inside the paint and one of the best rebounding big men. The OKC Thunder system, fast break offense style of basketball doesn't work for a player like Perkins. Perk is a half court offense / defense style player. He would be more effective in a pick and roll offense or a 1-2-3 pop offense. I bet Perks game would improve 100% under Doc Rivers coaching? I will go a tad bit further, Perk would be an excellent fit with the Lakers.

http://cdn.meme.li/i/mbfs0.jpg

Nick Young
11-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Why would brick hands Perkins be effective in a pick and roll offense?

Perk is an excellent fit on scrub teams that want to tank for the #1 pick.

TheReal Kendall
11-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Why would brick hands Perkins be effective in a pick and roll offense?

Perk is an excellent fit on scrub teams that want to tank for the #1 pick.

You do know that in High school Perkins was an offensive monster.

That's what he was drafted for his offense

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 07:39 PM

So was Kwame Brown.

TheReal Kendall
11-04-2013, 07:43 PM
So was Kwame Brown.

I'm just saying.

People always saying these dudes are not capable of offense.

Don't know why their success in High School didn't transfer over but that's a didn't topic for another day

Andi
11-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Can someone tell me what the tweet was ? Noone posted it here and didnt find it anywhere, thank you.

Jameerthefear
11-04-2013, 09:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pgkh6fD.png

j3lademaster
11-04-2013, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pgkh6fD.pngWay to break the heart of OKC fans everywhere.

wally_world
11-05-2013, 01:05 AM

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :cry:

-OKC fan

BallsOut
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
I feel for the OKC fans, I really do. I mean Derek Fisher was one of the worst starting PGs in the league. He was like playing defense like a mailbox out there. PGs would drop 30 on him on a nightly basis. I thanked God the day he got traded from the Lakers for Jordan Hill.

I know how you guys feel about Perk starting, but it could be worse, Fisher could be starting with him.

PG: Fisher
SG: Westbrook
SF: Durant
PF: Ibaka
C: Perkins

o wait..

:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

maybeshewill13
11-05-2013, 04:27 AM
I wouldn't go that far to say Perkins is complete garbage. He is a great defender inside the paint and one of the best rebounding big men
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/wrestler_angry_gif.gif

maybeshewill13
11-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Of course he's going to say something like this to cover his tracks. Management would of been on the phone to him.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2013, 04:35 AM

I'd bet pretty much every player in the NBA was an offensive monster in high school.

miggyme1
11-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Of course he's going to say something like this to cover his tracks. Management would of been on the phone to him.

Y would he wanna leave okc tho? Think about it? Where could he possibly go thats a better situation? Playing with two top 20 players. Playing with ibaka downlow that sometimes helps masks his weakness cuz ibaka is a good shot blocker. The only place i could think of kendrick goin to is brooklyn for obvious reasons but would he even play? They are pretty stacked.

wally_world
11-05-2013, 05:12 AM
We'll take Steve Nash for Perk

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mhhosss

DO IT

Nash / Jackson
Westbrook / Thabo
Durant / PJ3
Ibaka / Collison
Adams / Hill

Blake / Farmar
Henry / Lamb / Meeks
SwaggyP / Johnson
Gasol / Williams
Perkins / Kaman

sodapop
11-05-2013, 10:35 AM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

Explain where I'm wrong?

sodapop
11-05-2013, 10:36 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/i/mbfs0.jpg

Explain why I'm wrong?

sodapop
11-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Perk have one thing that OKC don't have and never will? A ring!! Until then, you can't say nothing bad about Perkins. Don't forget, the Celtics were on their way back to the finals, the best record in the eastern conference before the awful Danny trade tragedy - Perkins, a starting center for two bench scrubs. It's considered the worse trade in Celtic history. Perkins, one man, the trade that sank the Celtics ship for many years to come. Perkins, a scrub? Some of you compare Kwame Brown to Perkins? :lol Either you're a newbie to basketball or know nothing about basketball. Name one team, since 08 who had a stronger front court than the Celtics Perkins & Garnett combo? The Celtics front court, KG & Perk, dominated the NBA for 4 straight years. Enough said... The facts speak the truth.

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Perk have one thing that OKC don't have and never will? A ring!! Until then, you can't say nothing bad about Perkins. Don't forget, the Celtics were on their way back to the finals, the best record in the eastern conference before the awful Danny trade tragedy - Perkins, a starting center for two bench scrubs. It's considered the worse trade in Celtic history. Perkins, one man, the trade that sank the Celtics ship for many years to come. Perkins, a scrub? Some of you compare Kwame Brown to Perkins? :lol Either you're a newbie to basketball or know nothing about basketball. Name one team, since 08 who had a stronger front court than the Celtics Perkins & Garnett combo? The Celtics front court, KG & Perk, dominated the NBA for 4 straight years. Enough said... The facts speak the truth.
:roll: :roll:

Look at Mr. "I live in the past, i completely ignore the present" over here.

maybeshewill13
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM

http://cdn.arwrath.com/1/112255.gif

Meticode
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Explain why I'm wrong?
Because what you posted makes no sense. You clearly said Perkins is one of the best rebounding big men. If you do a statistical spread over 48 minutes per game he doesn't even crack the top 40 players in the league rebounding per 48 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avg48Rebounds

...he's not the defender he was back in Boston either.

KG215
11-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I think sodapop is a legit Kendrick Perkins stan. There's hundreds of stan-less posters I thought I'd see get their very own fanboy before Kendrick Perkins.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Because what you posted makes no sense. You clearly said Perkins is one of the best rebounding big men. If you do a statistical spread over 48 minutes per game he doesn't even crack the top 40 players in the league rebounding per 48 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avg48Rebounds

...he's not the defender he was back in Boston either.

I agree, he is not the defender he once was back in Boston. However, I wouldn't consider him to be bum player because he just don't fit with the OKC Thunder. Perkins isn't meant to be in OKC. The chemistry isn't there. Both teams, Celtics & OKC were better off not making the Perkins, Robinson for Green, Krstic trade. Even though the trade didn't have any severe impact to the Thunder, but the trade killed the Celtics. The Celtics never bounced back since trading away Perkins. I'm not saying Perkins is an superstar player. But I am saying, Perkins was and still can be an important piece.

jdm_dc_fan
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I agree, he is not the defender he once was back in Boston. However, I wouldn't consider him to be bum player because he just don't fit with the OKC Thunder. Perkins isn't meant to be in OKC. The chemistry isn't there. Both teams, Celtics & OKC were better off not making the Perkins, Robinson for Green, Krstic trade. Even though the trade didn't have any severe impact to the Thunder, but the trade killed the Celtics. The Celtics never bounced back since trading away Perkins. I'm not saying Perkins is an superstar player. But I am saying, Perkins was and still can be an important piece.
Perkins roll in Boston was very limited. Playing next to KG made him look better than he is. Ask any OKC fan who they would rather have at center 38 year old KG or prime perkins? Not even mentioning the playoffs.

SillyRabbit
11-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I know hindsight is 20/20, but I cannot fathom a single possible reason as to why Presti downright refused to amnesty Perkins in order to make cap space for Harden.

Even if Perkins was the player he used to be, keeping Harden would've been more important. The fact that Perkins is so bad that OKC is a better team with him off the floor should've made this move a no-brainer.

It just doesn't make sense.