PDA

View Full Version : are we gonna act like anthony bennett hasnt made a shot in 3 games

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 03:20 AM
its not like hes a raw defensive center/shot blocker either

he's a scorer

:facepalm

just a tip btw.. i'm canadian and never have been a homer for players from my country. i always said nash robbed 2 mvps.

so believe me when i say that nobody from canada even really knew this guy existed before he got drafted. and most people who know anything about basketball only knew about andrew wiggins.

this bennett guy is a nobody up here.

i know its early but i think he's a bust in the making. too overweight. too short. no real role on his team.

miggyme1
11-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Damn kid its 3 games. Chill...chill. No im not a bennett fan...and yes i think he didnt deserve that number 1 pick,but noel tore his acl and the cavs kinda had no choice but to pick him or waste a pick on another wingman when they already deep there.Second....nash didnt rob anybody for those 2 mvps. If anything kobe robbed cp3 for his. Steve nash joind the suns and took them from worst to first instantly.

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Damn kid its 3 games. Chill...chill. No im not a bennett fan...and yes i think he didnt deserve that number 1 pick,but noel tore his acl and the cavs kinda had no choice but to pick him or waste a pick on another wingman when they already deep there.Second....nash didnt rob anybody for those 2 mvps. If anything kobe robbed cp3 for his. Steve nash joind the suns and took them from worst to first instantly.

pretty sure hindsight has proven who the better player was between

shaq/nash in 2005

( hense the 2006 title )

and

kobe/nash in 2006

( hense the 2009 and 2010 titles )

with nash trying to latch onto kobe at the very end of his career to somehow get a free ring gifted to him

then the whole kobe making nash cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGXKA0I_Q

and almost beating a stacked phoenix team with nothing but kwame and smush beside him

how anyone can win mvp with 15ppg is beyond me

as for the whole "amare was injured" crap... well kobe didnt have an amare to get injured.. nore did he have shawn marion averaging 22/12 with elite defense as amares replacement as the 1st option on phoenix

give me a god damn break. nash would play his little 33-35 minute games

while kobe had to play 41-42 minutes and drop 35ppg just to beat average teams

kobe was infinitely more valuable to the lakers

the suns without nash would have still been a playoff team

the lakers without kobe in 2006 would have won 10 games

dilley
11-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Yes, we are gonna act like Anthony Bennett hasn't made a shot in 3 games.

no pun intended
11-04-2013, 03:45 AM
why do you care kenneth, you traded him away to me you piece of shit

KyleKong
11-04-2013, 03:46 AM
The bigger question is, are we going to act like Cleveland threw away their #1 pick to tank for Wiggins?

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 03:49 AM

http://i43.tinypic.com/hrkdo1.gif

Beatlezz
11-04-2013, 03:58 AM

:lol

kamil
11-04-2013, 04:24 AM
i'm canadian

Oh great... now the forum can use your stupid ass as a representation of Canada.

DukeDelonte13
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Yeah it sucks.

To be fair this is a guy who had the offense running through him at UNLV and was taking more than 12 shots a game, now he's taking 3 or 4 shots a game and most of them are 3's.

He needs to get back into a rhythm and he hasn't really gotten the touches to do it. Being out of shape doesn't help.

His rebounding and D look good (defense was a major concern pre-draft) but watching him struggle with the jumper is super frustrating.

I'm not concerned but Fat Antwan needs to start getting it in gear and shake off the nervousness.

dr.hee
11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes, we are gonna act like Anthony Bennett hasn't made a shot in 3 games.

Why are you acting like that? :roll:

coin24
11-04-2013, 09:20 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

FatComputerNerd
11-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm more worried about whatever is going on with Kyrie at this point.

Bennett is a rookie, out of shape, and coming off a shoulder injury. I don't expect him to look good out there yet.

Irving seems totally out of rhythm though, and my only guess is it's due to playing under Brown in a new system. Brown is probably telling him to pass more, score less, etc, and it's made Irving more tentative offensively. A few times he's looked like a chicken running around with it's head cut off out there.

I'm not too worried yet 3 games into the season, but hopefully we can get our act together soon!

Nero Tulip
11-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Are we gonna act like OP doesn't lack basic grammar and comprehension skills?

KG215
11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
its not like hes a raw defensive center/shot blocker either

he's a scorer

just a tip btw.. i'm canadian and never have been a homer for players from my country. i always said nash robbed 2 mvps.

so believe me when i say that nobody from canada even really knew this guy existed before he got drafted. and most people who know anything about basketball only knew about andrew wiggins.

this bennett guy is a nobody up here.

i know its early but i think he's a bust in the making. too overweight. too short. no real role on his team.
You wouldn't give two shits about Nash's MVPs if you didn't think Kobe deserved both of them. So don't try and use that bullshit to try and convince us of you objectivity.

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 10:16 AM
You wouldn't give two shits about Nash's MVPs if you didn't think Kobe deserved both of them. So don't try and use that bullshit to try and convince us of you objectivity.

He did tho.

To4
11-04-2013, 10:30 AM
bennett is FAT!

Purch
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
He did tho.
Whens the last time someone who wasnt on a team with a top 3 record in their conference won mvp? After you look that up youll realize just how important team success is in the process

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM

pretty sure it says quite clearly in my 2nd post that i thought shaq deserved one of nash's mvps

and everyone knows i hate shaq more than nash

so that would make you look quite............. ether'd

dr.hee
11-04-2013, 12:57 PM
pretty sure it says quite clearly in my 2nd post that i thought shaq deserved one of nash's mvps

and everyone knows i hate shaq more than nash

so that would make you look quite............. ether'd

Not really, it just makes you look like the total dumbass you are. Your reasoning for Shaq>Nash in 2005 is "hindsight" with the Heat winning the 2006 title. Now if you had anything resembling a brain, you would know that this is not a valid way to compare two players who have entirely different positions and didn't even play in the same conference at that time. Your're just as dumb as ever, nothing surprising here. :sleeping

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Not really, it just makes you look like the total dumbass you are. Your reasoning for Shaq>Nash in 2005 is "hindsight" with the Heat winning the 2006 title. Now if you had anything resembling a brain, you would know that this is not a valid way to compare two players who have entirely different positions and didn't even play in the same conference at that time. Your're just as dumb as ever, nothing surprising here. :sleeping

actually hindsight is a valid reasoning for arguing past mvp winners

like for instance. derrick roses 2011 mvp

the very next year in 2012 the chicago bulls had the best record in the nba without rose for half the season

if a team doesnt have their best player and they end up with the best record. that player is obviously not the most valuable player in the nba

if an mvp is taken off a team. that team should be significantly worse

another hindsight mvp mistakes

2001 - iverson over shaq

pretty obvious that considering who won the next 2 finals mvps after that award. doing what he did. and the career both had. its obvious iverson had a fluke year. and the real mvp was shaq

sometimes regular season records/stats dont tell the whole story of a players impact

like for instance. kobe with gasol and a bunch of randoms won 2 straight titles and went to 3 straight finals

nash with a deeper team failed to make the finals in 2005,2006,2007, and 2008

so its obvious nash was just a system pg.. a product of d'antoni's high octane offense. not really a winning formula. but good for putting on shows.

the real mvp of the league was obviously kobe bryant.. who proved he was the player of the decade or atleast co-potd with tim after what he did just a 2 years later when he finally got a wingman

nash had 2 allstar wingmen that in their primes were better than pau. he did nothing with them

now sit down before you fall down sucka

:pimp:

Dizzle-2k7
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
LOL CLEVELAND :lol :lol :lol

SwayDizzle
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
actually hindsight is a valid reasoning for arguing past mvp winners

like for instance. derrick roses 2011 mvp

the very next year in 2012 the chicago bulls had the best record in the nba without rose for half the season

if a team doesnt have their best player and they end up with the best record. that player is obviously not the most valuable player in the nba

if an mvp is taken off a team. that team should be significantly worse

another hindsight mvp mistakes

2001 - iverson over shaq

pretty obvious that considering who won the next 2 finals mvps after that award. doing what he did. and the career both had. its obvious iverson had a fluke year. and the real mvp was shaq

sometimes regular season records/stats dont tell the whole story of a players impact

like for instance. kobe with gasol and a bunch of randoms won 2 straight titles and went to 3 straight finals

nash with a deeper team failed to make the finals in 2005,2006,2007, and 2008

so its obvious nash was just a system pg.. a product of d'antoni's high octane offense. not really a winning formula. but good for putting on shows.

the real mvp of the league was obviously kobe bryant.. who proved he was the player of the decade or atleast co-potd with tim after what he did just a 2 years later when he finally got a wingman

nash had 2 allstar wingmen that in their primes were better than pau. he did nothing with them

now sit down before you fall down sucka

:pimp:
dat ether

alenleomessi
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
its funny because he's fat

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-04-2013, 03:38 PM
He is fat, must be like 20%+ BMI at this point.
I wonder what he eats to get that big, must be on that Shaq/Eddy Curry diet.

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 03:43 PM
He is fat, must be like 20%+ BMI at this point.
I wonder what he eats to get that big, must be on that Shaq/Eddy Curry diet.

shaq didnt get that fat till 2003 though

like a decade into the league

bennetts a rookie.. and shaq as a rookie was super thin.

going based on that. in 10 years this will be anthony bennett

http://i39.tinypic.com/23hpvk8.jpg

senelcoolidge
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Is Bennett going to follow in the Oliver Miller and John "Hot Plate" Williams mold? Eating himself out of the league. Those guys were skilled but they couldn't put the fork down.

http://ballerball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/oliver-miller.jpeg

http://mercymercyjeromekersey.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/82977789.jpg

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Is Bennett going to follow in the Oliver Miller and John "Hot Plate" Williams mold? Eating himself out of the league. Those guys were skilled but they couldn't put the fork down.

http://ballerball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/oliver-miller.jpeg

http://mercymercyjeromekersey.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/82977789.jpg

and those guys werent small forwards

Genaro
11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I know the record is important to give away MVP's but in 2006 this should've been ignored.
Kobe scores 81 points in a single game, in my mind it's absurd the fact he didn't win the award.

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 04:20 PM
I know the record is important to give away MVP's but in 2006 this should've been ignored.
Kobe scores 81 points in a single game, in my mind it's absurd the fact he didn't win the award.

like when wilt dropped 100 and averaged 50/25

he didnt win mvp... cause the award is a joke and just a media circle jerk to their favorite team and whoevers on it

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
like when wilt dropped 100 and averaged 50/25

he didnt win mvp... cause the award is a joke and just a media circle jerk to their favorite team and whoevers on it

Barkley over Jordan
Derrick Rose over Lebron
Nash over Kobe (twice)

Just a few recent examples. Anyone that judges how great a player by this criteria for ranking players is a dense mother****er.

kennethgriffin
11-04-2013, 09:11 PM
( ahhheem )

another half of basketball in the books

0-2

we're waiting mr. bennett