PDA

View Full Version : Amazing "Future of the NBA" TNT commercial

OmniStrife
11-04-2013, 05:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WZdKjhlh0

:eek:

andremiller07
11-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Wow that is unreal best commerical I have ever seen :bowdown: ,loved every second of it.

Foster5k
11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
I liked it.

However, Phil Jackson is not going to coach the Knicks, and Lebron is not going to join the dunk contest.

CanYouDigIt
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I tear up every time I watch the scene with Harden winning MVP :applause: :cry:

The part where Kobe retires always gets me LOL'ing. :roll: :roll:

Scholar
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
:applause:

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 12:11 PM
That was cheezy, they are really pushing the 'hype' factor to an uncomfortable level with stuff like that IMO.

Sakkreth
11-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I liked it.

However, Phil Jackson is not going to coach the Knicks, and Lebron is not going to join the dunk contest.

So you mean that it's less likely to happen than Clippers winning this season ?

stax
11-04-2013, 12:25 PM
That was cheezy, they are really pushing the 'hype' factor to an uncomfortable level with stuff like that IMO.

Yeah it makes me uneasy too for some reason. I can't really put it into words but it kind of trivializes the 'sport' aspect of the NBA in the name of 'entertainment'.

CavaliersFTW
11-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah it makes me uneasy too for some reason. I can't really put it into words but it kind of trivializes the 'sport' aspect of the NBA in the name of 'entertainment'.
They are having these pro athletes 'act' out potentially significant events, it comes off as extremely phony and your right, I think it trivializes the sport. I can't quite put my finger on it entirely either, but nothing about that commercial sat well with me.

SpanishACB
11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
they've got balls to make something like this, rednecks not really ready for this kind of material

you can tell the part where kobe says "retire" is a dub job... not sure they could have gotten kobe to shoot that scene, it's probably all montage

JimmyMcAdocious
11-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I loved it the first time it as posted. The second time I liked it very much. The third time I liked it. The fourth time I thought it was OK. Now? Meh.

alenleomessi
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
they've got balls to make something like this, rednecks not really ready for this kind of material

you can tell the part where kobe says "retire" is a dub job... not sure they could have gotten kobe to shoot that scene, it's probably all montage
dude no shit... but a very good one though

SpanishACB
11-04-2013, 02:21 PM
dude no shit... but a very good one though

what do you mean no shit?

most other players actually on a stage filming that commercial...

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
They are having these pro athletes 'act' out potentially significant events, it comes off as extremely phony and your right, I think it trivializes the sport. I can't quite put my finger on it entirely either, but nothing about that commercial sat well with me.
They aren't acting out anything its all cgi. Like harden with the mvp for example when says "I know this is an individual award but I couldn't have donw it without my teammates". That's probably footage from when he won 6th moty just with the mvp award and rockets logo cgid in.

Gabuyaux
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Draymond Green cameo @2:07 :oldlol:

ZenMaster
11-04-2013, 03:01 PM

Agreed, something is completely off. It's like they're completely appeasing to the gamer market. The only place you could see made up events like these fold out is in a video game, and they put that in live video using effects.

To me it's a dangerous line to go down, because it completely takes away from the NBA being a real league with real life decisions affecting the outcome and instead portrays it as something made up.

We don't need to see how Harden would look like winning the MVP, it's not cool to see at all unless he actually did it.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM

You can't possibly think any of them did those shots? Harden's speech was from 6MOTY, Durant was holding the WCF trophy, Kobe's were CLEARLY two separate questions, the Garnett banging the floor was 2008, the Rose scores 70 at MSG was horrendously dubbed...

Either way, it's not better than the NBA forever one from the lockout year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DnCzzKCzg

dirkdiggler41
11-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Agreed, something is completely off. It's like they're completely appeasing to the gamer market. The only place you could see made up events like these fold out is in a video game, and they put that in live video using effects.

To me it's a dangerous line to go down, because it completely takes away from the NBA being a real league with real life decisions affecting the outcome and instead portrays it as something made up.

We don't need to see how Harden would look like winning the MVP, it's not cool to see at all unless he actually did it.

No, its good they do it. They are reminding us that the NBA season is never what you expect, like Jeremy Lin, Mavs becoming champs, spurs making the finals, the lakers sucking with nash&d12 etc.

ZenMaster
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
No, its good they do it. They are reminding us that the NBA season is never what you expect, like Jeremy Lin, Mavs becoming champs, spurs making the finals, the lakers sucking with nash&d12 etc.

It's tough to watch because it's the ultimate give in to the "what have you done for me lately" mentality, now they have to show what people might do.

I don't need to be reminded through a commcercial that the NBA season will bring things I didn't expect. Events like the Mavs becomming champs just a few season ago and Lin tearing up the league out of nowhere reminds me of that, not some commercial that in no subtle way at all just illustrated a bunch of events which probably won't happen.

Knicksfever2010
11-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I could see Melo fighting w/ Jax, haha. VERY REALISTIC COMMERICAL

FindingTim
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM

the NBA is first rate drama. it is worthy of these theatrics!

Meticode
11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
The part where Kobe retires always gets me LOL'ing. :roll: :roll:
When I watched it the first I imagined was... "I did, I did have sexual relationship with that woman. I raped her." :oldlol: