PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the Wolves take the west?

stallionaire
11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Tell me reasons why u think my squad can't do it... Years in the making.. MINNESOTA BABY. It'll be Love vs. LeBron this June.

Bigsmoke
11-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Its possible.

Love might even win the MVP

Trentknicks
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Just like the Wolves run to the finals last year hey *******.

Maybe try making the playoffs for the first time in a decade, negged.

I<3NBA
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
because Rockets, that's why.

stallionaire
11-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Just like the Wolves run to the finals last year hey *******.

Maybe try making the playoffs for the first time in a decade, negged.

Ha you're mad because the Wolves have always been better than the Knicks... ROFL. Knicks are a much bigger disappoitnment if we're talkign about last decade accomplishments.

Blue&Orange
11-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Impressed by their defense. We all knowed their offense was going to be good, but their defense is really solid, specially if the refs allow constant blatant illegal defense like yesterday. But hey against the Knicks everything is allowed. :confusedshrug:

fiddy
11-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Ha you're mad because the Wolves have always been better than the Knicks... ROFL. Knicks are a much bigger disappoitnment if we're talkign about last 3 decade accomplishments.
Fixed

crunk-juice
11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
because 3 games. they are not on the Spurs/Clippers/Thunder/Rockets level.

and no that is not in order ye monkeys

Trentknicks
11-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Ha you're mad because the Wolves have always been better than the Knicks... ROFL. Knicks are a much bigger disappoitnment if we're talkign about last decade accomplishments.
Knicks were bad for a 7 year period but still made the playoffs once in that timespan and have been in the post season the last 3 years.

You've had a promising young core and consistently failed to deliver. Can't wait for this thread to get bumped in 2 months like all your other pathetic little attempts for attention.

Kill yourself.

stallionaire
11-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Knicks were bad for a 7 year period but still made the playoffs once in that timespan and have been in the post season the last 3 years.

You've had a promising young core and consistently failed to deliver. Can't wait for this thread to get bumped in 2 months like all your other pathetic little attempts for attention.

Kill yourself.

when has our core ever been healthy? rubio tore his acl, love was out all last year, pekovic was out periodically. this team has always been inured. on top of that we have never had as good shooting guard play like this ever with Martin.

Wolves > Knicks all day and we proved it on the ROAD. If we stay healthy we take the west.

fiddy
11-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Kill yourself.
Bookmarked.

coin24
11-04-2013, 09:05 AM
because Rockets, that's why.

:roll: :roll:

First round exit, hack a dwight, that's why

andremiller07
11-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Imo they if fully healthy should easily be a 5-6th seed but in every year they have been together Love/Pekovic/Rubio has broken down to injury as well as many others such as Ak47. As long as the Wolves big 3 stays intact they will be a tough team to play against.

There frontline in particular of Pekovic/Love and Brewer would be beyond exhausting to play against two are relentless bulls and one does not stop moving the entire game.

alenleomessi
11-04-2013, 09:10 AM
clippers-wolves playoffs matchup would be fun

Fresh Kid
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
we swept tha season series last year tho:rolleyes: and history wise tha wolves got nothing on tha knicks, don't even lie to yourself:no:

coin24
11-04-2013, 09:15 AM
we swept tha season series last year tho:rolleyes: and history wise tha wolves got nothing on tha knicks, don't even lie to yourself:no:

The Knicks are a fkn embarrassment

Fresh Kid
11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
as of now in this day in age, i agree.

FireMcFailPlease
11-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Impressed by their defense. We all knowed their offense was going to be good, but their defense is really solid, specially if the refs allow constant blatant illegal defense like yesterday. But hey against the Knicks everything is allowed. :confusedshrug:
Lol..mad?

stallionaire
11-04-2013, 09:24 AM

If we look at the last 10 years, Wolves are a more successful post-season team than the Knicks. We made it to the WCF. Knicks had their first playoff victory in a decade recently and they just barely advanced past the Celtics this past season.

Wolves will sweep the Knicks this year and seed well in a tougher division. Last night the Wolves proved why the Knicks can't bang with them.

Legends66NBA7
11-04-2013, 09:26 AM

The Timberwolves are bottom 3-5 franchise of all-time. Knicks are better than that.

As for this current squad, finals is a pipe dream for this team. Let them make the playoffs first, then will talk.

mrpibb
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Because Minnesota can't have nice things?

crunk-juice
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
as of now in this day in age, i agree.

damn dude it's not often we see such a dramatic turnaround in expectations.

Fresh Kid
11-04-2013, 09:33 AM
If we look at the last 10 years, Wolves are a more successful post-season team than the Knicks. We made it to the WCF. Knicks had their first playoff victory in a decade recently and they just barely advanced past the Celtics this past season.

Wolves will sweep the Knicks last year and seed well in a tougher division. Last night the Wolves proved why the Knicks can't bang with them.
Hey im happy for you that your horrible franchise team iz finally healthy and doing something right now knowing damn well they had bad luck on their side thru tha years, but you can't compare knicks and wolves franchises by just going back ten years. Tha damn wolves made tha conf finals once, and never made tha finals, knicks better than that, went further and did way more :no: thats all that needs to be said kid.

niko
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Injuries seem to be the main thing that will derail you, no?

Fresh Kid
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
damn dude it's not often we see such a dramatic turnaround in expectations.
i still believe in my team, im just being hard and very critical of them at tha moment because everybody slacking.

Nero Tulip
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Because their roster isn't that great. They have a good coach, and some nice players, but not enough to be competitive in the West.

FireDavidKahn
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
The only chance we would have of that (and even still it's incredibly small) is if everyone on our roster stays healthy and never gets injured. We don't have the star power to sustain injuries like other teams can but if we get hot at the right time this team can compete with anyone.

FireDavidKahn
11-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Kill yourself.
Huh, when? You don't have a promising young core when they've been injured like 90% of the time since they've been here. Now they are finally healthy and showing what they can do.

FireDavidKahn
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Because Minnesota can't have nice things?
The refs were giving us some calls last night. That has never happened before. This is truly our year.:roll:

Buzissa
11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Utah, Phoenix, Sacramento and New Orleans don't look strong enough to be in the Playoff race.

The locks:
1. Houston
2. San Antonio
3. Golden State
4. Clippers
5. OKC
6. Memphis

Then it's five teams for the remaining two spots.
7. Minnesota
8. Portland
Denver, Dallas and the Lakers

Anything above the 7th place would be good for the Wolves. It is possible.
Anything but the Playoffs should be considered a disappointment, though. Martin was the perimeter scorer they needed, they have one of the best big men duos in the league and the team is deep. If the problems with injuries don't happen again, there is no excuse for this team. The last two years were really tough for Minnesota and I really want to see Ricky in the Playoffs:cheers: .

TheReturn
11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I like your starting five, but your bench not so much. When is Air Bud coming back?

qrich
11-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Lack of experience will be one of the key factors as well. How many players have actually appeared in a post season game? Or what is the total amount of games played by those who actually made it that far.

bdreason
11-04-2013, 07:08 PM
The Wolves are a good team. They showed it last year when healthy, and are showing it again this season. I had them making the playoffs last year (before the injuries), and I think they'll make the playoffs this season (barring injuries)...

but take the West? They aint that good.

On paper I have 5 teams clearly ranked ahead of them; the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, and Warriors. I would put them in the next group of playoff contenders (6, 7, 8) with the Nuggets, Grizzlies, and Blazers. The West is typically decided by only a few games, so if they Wolves catch fire I can see them possibly getting HCA... but win the West?

They aint that good.

AintNoSunshine
11-04-2013, 09:45 PM
cause you're the Wolves,

nuff said

end thread