PDA

View Full Version : What is with this long wait before sending another PM?

GOBB
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Annoying, take it off or decrease the time to 15 seconds. Trying to send PMs to people and have to sit here waiting for a dumb count down.

Also what is the most PMs you have can total before you need to clear it?

CeltsGarlic
11-04-2013, 11:33 AM
anything over 75 and ISH servers fall apart.

nathanjizzle
11-04-2013, 11:42 AM
its an anti spam measure. or else youll have someone sending spam mail to everyone advertising fake jordans and loui purses.

Draz
11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Annoying, take it off or decrease the time to 15 seconds. Trying to send PMs to people and have to sit here waiting for a dumb count down.

Also what is the most PMs you have can total before you need to clear it?
How come you never send me any private messages.

insidehoops
11-04-2013, 01:51 PM
It's to prevent people from spamming/annoying the crap out of each other

Why would anyone have to send multiple messages out at different people quickly?

GOBB
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
It's to prevent people from spamming/annoying the crap out of each other

Why would anyone have to send multiple messages out at different people quickly?

So if me and you have a conversation in PM. It would take an hour just to ask you a few things. Think about it. What is the point of private message?

"Hey give me ur cell so i can text u what I need to ask because its much faster than sending messages to one another here."

insidehoops
11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
So if me and you have a conversation in PM. It would take an hour just to ask you a few things. Think about it. What is the point of private message?

"Hey give me ur cell so i can text u what I need to ask because its much faster than sending messages to one another here."

Hmm, I'll check what the limit is. If it's too long I'll shorten it. I thought it was pretty short already

I<3NBA
11-04-2013, 03:25 PM
what we need is a shoutbox

Jameerthefear
11-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Hmm, I'll check what the limit is. If it's too long I'll shorten it. I thought it was pretty short already
Jeff :applause: he listens. This is why ISH is #1!

insidehoops
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh, it was a bit longer than I thought

I shortened it

Still, there's a slight wait, for the good of everyone's protection from floods/spam

Jameerthefear
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM

I shortened it

Still, there's a slight wait, for the good of everyone's protection from floods/spam
so while you are here answering questions... when are avys coming back?

East_Stone_Ya
11-04-2013, 06:15 PM
so while you are here answering questions... when are avys coming back?

you found some new anime gifs didn't you :rolleyes:

Jameerthefear
11-04-2013, 06:31 PM
you found some new anime gifs didn't you :rolleyes:
yes

qrich
11-04-2013, 06:55 PM
yes

One of Jameer dunking? :D

GOBB
11-04-2013, 07:07 PM

I shortened it

Yeah I understand protecting the floods and spam but that time limit was way too long. Thanks