PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Steve Nash for Rudy Gady?

fpliii
11-04-2013, 11:15 PM
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nba/nba-rumors-lakers-considering-trading-steve-nash-raptors-rudy-gay

kNicKz
11-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Wtf? lol

AussieG
11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE]Nash, 39, looks exactly the way you would expect a point guard four months shy of his 40th birthday to look. He

Bcogswell
11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Won't happen unless we can get unprotected first round picks to make up for Nash's god awful contract, and I don't think LAL even has any?

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
11-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Bad trade for the Lakers. Rudy gay isn't worth the money he costs.

TheMarkMadsen
11-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Bad trade for the Lakers. Rudy gay isn't worth the money he costs.

Rudy Gay, Kobe on a pay cut, Gasol with the bird rights and the cap space to sign another free agent?

Kobe has never played with a perimeter player the caliber of Rudy gay (not that gay is amazing)

But i for one would love to see this. TOR would need to throw in another PG tho

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Nick Young, Kobe, and Rudy Gay chucking up shots in seven seconds or less offense?
Demolishes current record for field goal attempts and missed field goal attempts in a season.

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Rudy Gay, Kobe on a pay cut, Gasol with the bird rights and the cap space to sign another free agent?

Kobe has never played with a player the caliber of Rudy gay (not that gay is amazing)

Really think about that, give it a minute.

TheMarkMadsen
11-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Really think about that, give it a minute.

Haha I meant to say perimetr player and quickly edited it.

Drunk so whatever

flipogb
11-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Rudy Gay would play PF in their system

CelticBaller
11-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Rudy Gady for Stephen Nash sound fair

Droid101
11-04-2013, 11:43 PM

Drunk so whatever
:cheers:

Eric Cartman
11-04-2013, 11:44 PM

Drunk so whatever

Cool. Yeah maybe in his early years but since he came into his own he hasn't had a fellow wing assassin by his side.

Don't even know how that would work tbh.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I would take Eddie Jones any day of the week over Gay.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Would do it if the lakers gave up a 1st (even if it's 2015 or 2016)

poido123
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM
This could be good for both teams.

Rudy Gay is taking shots away from Jonas, not allowing him to develop more. Lakers are in need of a third scorer and a guy who can compliment gasol and Kobe.

This doesn't look fair on paper, but money wise and contracts it makes a lot of sense.

andremiller07
11-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Better off doing Thornton and Salmons for Gay, Salmons expiers next season and Thornton has the same length contract as Nash on a cheaper deal plus he's 100% healthy and younger unlike Nash.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2013, 12:01 AM
This could be good for both teams.

Rudy Gay is taking shots away from Jonas, not allowing him to develop more. Lakers are in need of a third scorer and a guy who can compliment gasol and Kobe.

This doesn't look fair on paper, but money wise and contracts it makes a lot of sense.

This isn't good for the Raptors.

If Nash is coming, they have to ship Lowry too. The Raptors would want picks and young talent, which seems the Lakers don't exactly have for one of those categories.

Rudy isn't stopping Val's development either, it's Dwane Casey. He literally doesn't play him in the 2nd half because of his love for small ball. Coaches run the lineups and offensive and defensive sets, which impacts how productive they can be.

poido123
11-05-2013, 12:03 AM

If Nash is coming, they have to ship Lowry too. The Raptors would want picks and young talent, which seems the Lakers don't exactly have for one of those categories.

Rudy isn't stopping Val's development either, it's Dwane Casey. He literally doesn't play him in the 2nd half because of his love for small ball. Coaches run the lineups and offensive and defensive sets, which impacts how productive they can be.

I stand corrected.

You obviously know more than me as I only watch a few Raptors games and you're a big fan of theirs.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Drunk so whatever

Still...Eddie Jones and Glen Rice were better.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I personally would love this trade. Nash hardly has an impact on the game anymore as is, and Rudy would make our team that much more fun to watch. Farmar/Blake as the pg rotation.

bagelred
11-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Kobe on a pay cut,

:roll:

red1
11-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Would help the tank so I'm down.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-05-2013, 12:19 AM

lol fcuk no...Gay is owned 20mil next yr and nash is 9mil....

nash can be stretched provision or he will just retire....

gay owes 20mil which kills the lakers chance of signing 2 max free agents

fpliii
11-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Oh god I can't spell. Mods? Or you can leave it I guess.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2013, 12:20 AM
You know what? I'd do it even without the first. I hate Rudy.

MastaKilla
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Still...Eddie Jones and Glen Rice were better.

Hell no.

The glen rice that played for the lakers is nowhere near the level of player current Rudy gay is.

Eddie jones was a good player, but as a shooting guard by the time Kobe was Kobe the value he added to the team was irrlevant.

Gay would be the best perimeter player he's ever played with in their current form

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-05-2013, 12:22 AM

i dont want gay and his 20mil contract next yr...keep him

you got gay by fcuking giving up ed davis..and expirers ...dont act like u trade Val or Barg or even fcuking ross for this chump chucker

now that he is linked to lakers u want all house i guess

SpecialQue
11-05-2013, 12:25 AM
No.

Spaulding
11-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Lakers need youth. Even though this will never happen

LakersDaBEst
11-05-2013, 12:38 AM
We don't need another forward because we already have Kaman, Hill, Wesley, Nick,

We need a young PG. Nash for MCW!

ZMonkey11
11-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I personally would love this trade. Nash hardly has an impact on the game anymore as is, and Rudy would make our team that much more fun to watch. Farmar/Blake as the pg rotation.

Gasol gets MUCH better looks when Nash is running the point. When Blake runs it, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off.

Someone hasn't watched a Lakers game.

longtime lurker
11-05-2013, 02:25 AM
I'm a Lakers fan and even I know this would amount to highway robbery for the Lakers lol Nash is done.

Flash31
11-05-2013, 02:31 AM
At this point
Cant tell if bad trade for Lakers or Raptors?

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2013, 03:15 AM
you got gay by fcuking giving up ed davis..and expirers ...dont act like u trade Val or Barg or even fcuking ross for this chump chucker

now that he is linked to lakers u want all house i guess

What are you even talking about ?

First of all, we traded Calderon, Davis, and a 2nd round pick to get Gay in a 3 team trade. If Masai is really going to move a lot of parts, I'm expecting picks and expiring contracts coming back, if not younger talent.

I actually don't want Gay gone, just think he's in a slump offensively. His defense has been fine and has rebounding has been great. Getting Nash alone is just a clear loss for the Raptors in this trade, since we get a longer contract and a much older player.

fiddy
11-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Nash needs to go asap.

coin24
11-05-2013, 03:35 AM
At this point
Cant tell if bad trade for Lakers or Raptors?

This. I think this is a case of both teams actually getting worse:lol

Out_In_Utah
11-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Bad trade for both teams IMO. I hope it happens.

Haymaker
11-05-2013, 04:18 AM
If true, Jim Buss :facepalm

disel
11-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Jones, Glen Rice and even a winner like Rick Fox. Not as flashy, but Fox saraficed his offense in La. He was a 18 point scorer in Boston.

HylianNightmare
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
would love to see this happen for LA

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Gasol gets MUCH better looks when Nash is running the point. When Blake runs it, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off.

Someone hasn't watched a Lakers game.

I said hardly makes an impact, sure he's always gonna be good at finding open players but...the cons outweigh the pros, his defense is nonexistent. Opposing pg's get passed him like he's not even there. His minutes are very limited because of his age, and I've even heard the commentators say he will be missing the 2nd game in back to backs this season. Don't get me wrong, I like Nash, but if we can get Rudy Gay for him...imo, might be the better option. Idk whether Gay will exercise his player option or not, but even if he does his contract ends at the same time as Nash.

I've watched every Laker game btw, you're not talking to some mediocre fan.

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Steve nash needs to go to tha knicks tho. Tha only person that would get amare off dat bench too.

jbryan1984
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Another Lakers need help rumor. Just like Beasley coming in 2011 (bet they are glad that one didn't happen). Just like KG coming in 2007. Just like..... who was Kobe supposed to get traded for? Deng and Gordon?

scm5
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
If Kevin Love ends up in LA like everyone is predicting, and Sessions makes his way back to LA... Gay Love Sessions.

Mr Know It All
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Kobe has never played with a perimeter player the caliber of Rudy gay (not that gay is amazing)

I'd take Ariza or Artet on the championship Lakers teams over Rudy Gay. The guy is so inefficient on offense it is disgusting. I guess if the Lakers are desperate to be relevant this year they could use his D and athleticism, but I would feel out for another player if I were them.

Raptors would also be retarded to pick up Nash. Masai would have proven himself a fraud and just as bad as BC barely a month into the season.

INDI
11-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and even I know this would amount to highway robbery for the Lakers lol Nash is done.

True but I think this is more about marketing than it is basketball. Nash is a hometown hero. They will sellout games just because he's there and will do the same for the raptors that lin does for china. Nash will absolutely dominate jersey sales if he was a raptor

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-05-2013, 04:48 PM
What are you even talking about ?

First of all, we traded Calderon, Davis, and a 2nd round pick to get Gay in a 3 team trade. If Masai is really going to move a lot of parts, I'm expecting picks and expiring contracts coming back, if not younger talent.

I actually don't want Gay gone, just think he's in a slump offensively. His defense has been fine and has rebounding has been great. Getting Nash alone is just a clear loss for the Raptors in this trade, since we get a longer contract and a much older player.

how is this a loss? nash makes 9mil next yr compared to gay who makes 20mil. other contracts coming to Tor would be expirers so you save 11mil off the bat.

davis is not getting any big mins in memphis...he is barely playing 9 mins