PDA

View Full Version : Cp3 or Durant?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Who is the second best player in the league?

**Note: This isn't an overreaction. I thought cp3 was close last year as well.

longhornfan1234
11-05-2013, 03:02 AM
KD.

Inferno
11-05-2013, 03:06 AM
KD.

CP3 is close though. CP3 also plays less minutes (usually) though, so his production doesn't seem as impressive. But skillwise, it's really close.

inclinerator
11-05-2013, 03:07 AM
cp3 as of this year so far

VIntageNOvel
11-05-2013, 03:09 AM
KD.

CP3 is close though. CP3 also plays less minutes (usually) though, so his production doesn't seem as impressive. But skillwise, it's really close.

statwise i agree,
but impactwise, KD is not even the best on his team,
goatbrook shooting 40% > KD 65% TS

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2013, 03:09 AM
cp3 is #1 so far this year. This is more about the better player not who has played better.

Young X
11-05-2013, 03:13 AM
CP when healthy and aggressive is the 2nd best player in the league behind Bron and one of the best PG's to ever play the game. Healthy CP > Durant.

Bobby13
11-05-2013, 03:26 AM
KD looks committed on defense this year. In the game against Phoenix he was very active no matter who he switched onto. He is already an excellent offensive player, and soon he will become an excellent defensive player. No question KD is better.

Jacks3
11-05-2013, 03:30 AM
CP when healthy and aggressive is the 2nd best player in the league behind Bron and one of the best PG's to ever play the game. Healthy CP > Durant.
Yep.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Call me when Chris Paul ever does anything in the playoffs even closely resembling what 23 year old Durant did in 2011.

The answer is easy to anyone who knows anything about basketball and how to build a team that can win it all.

The last team to win it all with their PG being their best player was 20+ years ago.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 05:48 AM
KD looks committed on defense this year. In the game against Phoenix he was very active no matter who he switched onto. He is already an excellent offensive player, and soon he will become an excellent defensive player. No question KD is better.

He looked that committed last year and statistcally was one of the top defenders in the league. Much better than LeBron according to all statistics.

The main thing is he NEVER says anything about his game or how he has improved unless he's directly asked about it, which it's usually just about how he's improved his offense. And he doesn't constantly have his teammates/coaches talking about his defense like LeBron. If he did his defense would be just as hyped up as LeBrons.

People in the Media like to talk about how impressive it is with that LeBron can do, but with Durant you have a near 7 footer with a 7'6 wingspan who statistically does a much better jobs on bigs than LeBron does and a better job at guarding SF's and SG's.

His combination of length/size/quickness makes him an elite defender as long as he's committed which he has been since last year.

Trollsmasher
11-05-2013, 07:00 AM
He looked that committed last year and statistcally was one of the top defenders in the league. Much better than LeBron according to all statistics.

The main thing is he NEVER says anything about his game or how he has improved unless he's directly asked about it, which it's usually just about how he's improved his offense. And he doesn't constantly have his teammates/coaches talking about his defense like LeBron. If he did his defense would be just as hyped up as LeBrons.

People in the Media like to talk about how impressive it is with that LeBron can do, but with Durant you have a near 7 footer with a 7'6 wingspan who statistically does a much better jobs on bigs than LeBron does and a better job at guarding SF's and SG's.

His combination of length/size/quickness makes him an elite defender as long as he's committed which he has been since last year.
inb4 this guy posts opposition's PER:lol

russwest0
11-05-2013, 07:06 AM
inb4 this guy posts opposition's PER:lol

Implying that is the only defensive stat KD did better than LeBron at last year.

PER allowed, defensive win share %, defensive rating. The three main ones, KD was better than LeBron at all of them. And probably better at any other significant ones you can find as well. The main difference is LeBron has all of his coaches/teammates + himself and the media all campaigning for him to win DPOY while Durant does not.

maybeshewill13
11-05-2013, 07:10 AM
KD is better, CP3 has had a better start. It's only 3 games in though. KD will cement himself as the unanimous second best again by half way through the year.

kurple
11-05-2013, 07:18 AM
then who is the best player in the league? as of this year so far`?

Pacquiao
11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
I don't think Chris Paul would even reach the second round this year

Trollsmasher
11-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Implying that is the only defensive stat KD did better than LeBron at last year.

PER allowed, defensive win share %, defensive rating. The three main ones, KD was better than LeBron at all of them. And probably better at any other significant ones you can find as well. The main difference is LeBron has all of his coaches/teammates + himself and the media all campaigning for him to win DPOY while Durant does not.
:roll:

Just stop, man.

Only clueless idiots use individual defensive stats to describe someone's defense. Especially shit like PER allowed or individual defensive rating:roll:

You are funny though, trying to act like you have an idea of what you are talking about.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 07:32 AM

Just stop, man.

Only clueless idiots use individual defensive stats to describe someone's defense. Especially shit like PER allowed or individual defensive rating:roll:

You are funny though, trying to act like you have an idea of what you are talking about.

Defensive win shares isn't an individual stat.

You sound butthurt as hell

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
KD is a solid on ball defender but off ball he is terrible. His rotations are not good. Dude got destroyed by mario chalmers.

inclinerator
11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
then who is the best player in the league? as of this year so far`?
cp3

Genaro
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Durant easily. The question ought to be Lebron or Durant.

PickernRoller
11-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Depends. Do you want someone that will bend over for Lebron on first sight or do you want to give yourself a chance with someone that will actually fight for a title in the end? :confusedshrug:

When it's championship or bust you take CP3 :oldlol:

In the flop department alone you have a winner in CP3. He can outflop Lebron in a Finals guaranteed.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Assuming CP stays healthy this year, he'll be the better player. More versatile and carries more impact to his teams success.

tmacattack33
11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
CP3 might get close and overtake Durant as the season goes on.

He looks a little more energetic and agile. I guess he's a little more healthy now...and i don't think he's trying as much to make his teammates happy. He did that last year and they lost.

Darius
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
CP3 is looking almost like 2008 CP3 right now.

His knee must be feeling better after having time to heal... his athleticism is looking good.

All that said, Durant is 6'10" and CP3 is 6'0...

sodapop
11-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Neither.

sodapop
11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Both are great franchise highlight players. But NOT championship material and lack the ability to lead.

tmacattack33
11-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Both are great franchise highlight players. But NOT championship material and lack the ability to lead.

LOL.

And why is that? Because they've never won a championship?

So then I guess the only people who are championship material right now are the Miami and San Antonio big three, Kobe/Gasol, Dirk/Tyson Chandler, and the Celtics 2008 Big 3.

KG215
11-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Depends. Do you want someone that will bend over for Lebron on first sight or do you want to give yourself a chance with someone that will actually fight for a title in the end? :confusedshrug:

When it's championship or bust you take CP3 :oldlol:

In the flop department alone you have a winner in CP3. He can outflop Lebron in a Finals guaranteed.
Just because you post this bullshit in every single post you make about Durant, doesn't make it true.

sodapop
11-05-2013, 03:41 PM
LOL.

And why is that? Because they've never won a championship?

So then I guess the only people who are championship material right now are the Miami and San Antonio big three, Kobe/Gasol, Dirk/Tyson Chandler, and the Celtics 2008 Big 3.

Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Grant Hill, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone - they were championship material. Durant and CP3 are great players. They would be great additions, role players to compete for a championship. They're not mentally good enough to build a championship team around.

Budadiiii
11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Grant Hill, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone - they were championship material. Durant and CP3 are great players. They would be great additions, role players to compete for a championship. They're not mentally good enough to build a championship team around.
Another idiot added to my ignore list. :rolleyes:

KG215
11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
:oldlol:

You're a f***ing moron.

KyleKong
11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
This season I'd take CP3.

Also, KD and CP3 are not mentally tough? WTF?

sodapop
11-05-2013, 04:12 PM
:oldlol:

You're a f***ing moron.

Insults? Dude, for once in your life PLEASE back up your claim. I voiced my opinion. If you want more explanation WHY I think CP3 & Durant are NOT championship material, I am willing to back up my claim. For example, for three years, OKC Thunder have been the popular pick to win the west AND the team is loaded with talent. All three years equal failure. Let's not mention the 2012 Finals performance against the Heat... I can continue? Do you want more facts & examples WHY Durant & CP3 are not championship material? I haven't mention anything about CP3 yet.. I'm ready if necessary........:pimp:

sodapop
11-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Another idiot added to my ignore list. :rolleyes:

Hey fanboy! Who the f??? are you? I've been posting here since 06. And you are? Listen here ya little 2012 newbie, fanboy! Go right ahead and add me to your ignore list. You're not worth the time anyway....

russwest0
11-05-2013, 04:32 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Papaya Petee
11-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Holy ****ing shit, this overrating of Chris Paul needs to stop. The guy averaged like 16\9\4 last year.

Even he if he averages 20\10, his impact on the game still isn't as important as Durants.

Durant is literally a 28\8\5 on 50\40\90% player. His impact is up their with the goats. He can dominate the game by scoring, which is something Chris Paul just can't do. We have seen 20\10\3 guards in the past, and dominant wing scorers were still more important to the game.

Did people in 80-90's ever take Zeke or John Stockton over Jordan or Barkley?
Did people in 90-00's ever take Kidd over Kobe Bryant, T-Mac, or KG?

Young X
11-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Did people in 80-90's ever take Zeke or John Stockton over Jordan or Barkley?
Did people in 90-00's ever take Kidd over Kobe Bryant, T-Mac, or KG?Stockton and Kidd were nowhere near the scorers that CP is when healthy. CP peaked at 23/11/5.5/2.8 on 60 TS%. That's BETTER than Durant. It's still early, but if he plays 90% of how he's playing now for the rest of the season he definitely has a case over KD.

Papaya Petee
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Stockton and Kidd were nowhere near the scorers that CP is when healthy. CP peaked at 23/11/5.5/2.8 on 60 TS%. That's BETTER than Durant. It's still early, but if he plays 90% of how he's playing now for the rest of the season he definitely has a case over KD.
Chris Paul hasn't sniffed those numbers since 2008-2009. The past few years Chris Paul has been putting up numbers in the 18\10\4 area, and hasn't come close to impacting the games in ways that Durant has. Its only been 3-4 games into the season, we would have to see till the end of the year to see if Chris Paul can maintain this level of play, and judging by the last few years I would have to say the answer is no.

Durant gets overshadowed because of LeBron James, but he's as good as the league can offer, and clearly a better basketball player than Cp3.

KG215
11-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Insults? Dude, for once in your life PLEASE back up your claim. I voiced my opinion. If you want more explanation WHY I think CP3 & Durant are NOT championship material, I am willing to back up my claim. For example, for three years, OKC Thunder have been the popular pick to win the west AND the team is loaded with talent. All three years equal failure. Let's not mention the 2012 Finals performance against the Heat... I can continue? Do you want more facts & examples WHY Durant & CP3 are not championship material? I haven't mention anything about CP3 yet.. I'm ready if necessary........:pimp:
For once in my life? If I felt like you'r stupidity was worth responding to, I'd back up my claim. But your claims of CP3 and Durant aren't championship material reek of ignorance.

sodapop
11-05-2013, 08:21 PM
For once in my life? If I felt like you'r stupidity was worth responding to, I'd back up my claim. But your claims of CP3 and Durant aren't championship material reek of ignorance.

We've been here before KG215 and this is the first time we both disagree. You never called me ignorant in the past. I guess there's a first time for everything. BTW, I'm ready to hear your excuse or claim why you think I'm wrong about Chris Paul and Kevin Durant not being championship material? We can both sit here and pass ignorant insults back n' forth all day long. That's the easy way out. Again, for once in your life PLEASE back up your claim!! Dude, I've read plenty of comments by you. You're always waiting for someone to take your side in the debate and never stood firm alone. I've agreed plenty of times with you in the past. This time, the tables have turned. Stop the childish BS and back your own words up?

Fudge
11-05-2013, 08:24 PM
We've been here before KG215 and this is the first time we both disagree. You never called me ignorant in the past. I guess there's a first time for everything. BTW, I'm ready to hear your excuse or claim why you think I'm wrong about Chris Paul and Kevin Durant not being championship material? We can both sit here and pass ignorant insults back n' forth all day long. That's the easy way out. Again, for once in your life PLEASE back up your claim!! Dude, I've read plenty of comments by you. You're always waiting for someone to take your side in the debate and never stood firm alone. I've agreed plenty of times with you in the past. This time, the tables have turned. Stop the childish BS and back your own words up?
You made that claim didn't you? You made a claim and didn't even present any facts or argument for it. Just another opinion of an idiot poster. :oldlol:

Fudge
11-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Hey fanboy! Who the f??? are you? I've been posting here since 06. And you are? Listen here ya little 2012 newbie, fanboy! Go right ahead and add me to your ignore list. You're not worth the time anyway....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

We got a badass over here, he's been a member since 06!!!!!

sodapop
11-05-2013, 08:39 PM
You made that claim didn't you? You made a claim and didn't even present any facts or argument for it. Just another opinion of an idiot poster. :oldlol:

Dude, your comprehensive skills suck!! The topic of this thread, CP3 or Durant? My response, I choose neither. Both players are too overrated. Honestly, you can't compare CP3 to Durant, vice versa. Since this thread topic is only based on opinion, I voiced mine. Here's the problem... Some of you have a problem with my opinion. You can't handle an opinion opposite from your own. I ask, please specify WHY the insults and make your claim? I have not received nothing worth an honest debate yet. Just another opinion of an idiot poster? Aren't we all?

sodapop
11-05-2013, 08:46 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

We got a badass over here, he's been a member since 06!!!!!

P.S. Hey Fudge? Are you still the same fair weather fan who claim to be an Heat fan since Tim Hardaway. Wait? Was it an Orlando Magic fan since Shaq? Wait? Was it a fan of the Mavs since Dirk Nowitzki rookie year? Once a flake, always a flake. Be careful not to fall on the wrong side of the fence this time!!

sodapop
11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Ya flake!!

KG215
11-05-2013, 08:49 PM
If Chris Paul doesn't get something done this year, then yeah, maybe there's some truth to it.

But what can you possibly have seen to lead you believe Durant isn't that type of player? As soon as Westbrook got hurt last year in the playoffs, their title hopes and their perch atop of the West was immediately over. No one expected them to win it all. So throw 2013 out the window as evidence.

In 2012, they got to the Finals and simply lost to the best player on the planet and the better team; so using 2012 as part of your argument is stupid. Not to mention Durant and Westbrook were 23 year olds and Harden and Ibaka were 22. History has shown this is a "take your lumps" league, and teams that young simply don't just waltz right through the league and start winning titles. If they had lost to anyone but the Heat, maybe, but they lost to a team that was every bit as good on paper (I argue better) and who happened to have one of the 5-10 best players of all-time at his peak.

And in 2011, they were even younger (Durant and Russ were 22 and Harden and Serge were 21) and lost to the eventual champs who had a team full of savvy veterans surrounding a top 15-20 player all-time playing out of his mind. If you want to hold that against Durant, fine, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

I can't, for the life of me, think of any credible reason as to why Durant isn't a championship caliber player...whatever the hell that means. Not all careers/situations are created equal.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 09:04 PM
^SMH why did you give this troll any time of the day :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Fudge
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
P.S. Hey Fudge? Are you still the same fair weather fan who claim to be an Heat fan since Tim Hardaway. Wait? Was it an Orlando Magic fan since Shaq? Wait? Was it a fan of the Mavs since Dirk Nowitzki rookie year? Once a flake, always a flake. Be careful not to fall on the wrong side of the fence this time!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BRO, HEAT FAN SINCE BIRTH. Get that shit right, ****g0t.

Fudge
11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Dude, your comprehensive skills suck!! The topic of this thread, CP3 or Durant? My response, I choose neither. Both players are too overrated. Honestly, you can't compare CP3 to Durant, vice versa. Since this thread topic is only based on opinion, I voiced mine. Here's the problem... Some of you have a problem with my opinion. You can't handle an opinion opposite from your own. I ask, please specify WHY the insults and make your claim? I have not received nothing worth an honest debate yet. Just another opinion of an idiot poster? Aren't we all?
You said they're overrated...what were your reasons? Because Durant lost to LeBron in the Finals ,when one can argue that he OUTPLAYED LeBron that series? They lost to a better team. Big whoop.

You actually are an idiot poster. :oldlol: Go crawl back in your hole.

PickernRoller
11-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Just because you post this bullshit in every single post you make about Durant, doesn't make it true.

Can't handle the truth? :oldlol: :oldlol: Keep crying at my posts :cry: :cry:

sodapop
11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
You said they're overrated...what were your reasons? Because Durant lost to LeBron in the Finals ,when one can argue that he OUTPLAYED LeBron that series? They lost to a better team. Big whoop.

You actually are an idiot poster. :oldlol: Go crawl back in your hole.

Again, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul are NOT championship material. Other words, they're not leaders nor have the capability to lead a team to a championship. They're good franchise superstars. But they're not on the same level as LeBron, Kobe, Wade, KG, Paul Pierce, Duncan, Manu Gin

sodapop
11-05-2013, 11:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BRO, HEAT FAN SINCE BIRTH. Get that shit right, ****g0t.
Heat fan since birth? Is that the direction the wind's blowing? What will it be next year? Lakers?

joeyjoejoe
11-06-2013, 12:06 AM
There's always a bunch of losers who know Jack didley about basketball claiming such and such aren't championship material until they win one, how many idiots said the same about Dirk and lebron

Fudge
11-06-2013, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=sodapop]Again, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul are NOT championship material. Other words, they're not leaders nor have the capability to lead a team to a championship. They're good franchise superstars. But they're not on the same level as LeBron, Kobe, Wade, KG, Paul Pierce, Duncan, Manu Gin

Fudge
11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Heat fan since birth? Is that the direction the wind's blowing? What will it be next year? Lakers?
Heats bruh. Been a Heat fan since birth...you think ima stop when they're well on their way to a 3peat? Quit being stupid.

RRR3
11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Go easy on the mentally incompetent, KG

RRR3
11-06-2013, 12:15 AM
http://image.blingee.com/images15/content/output/000/000/000/418/261172881_1603025.gif
Every post you make gives me the impression that you look and act something like this :lol

KG215
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=sodapop]Again, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul are NOT championship material. Other words, they're not leaders nor have the capability to lead a team to a championship. They're good franchise superstars. But they're not on the same level as LeBron, Kobe, Wade, KG, Paul Pierce, Duncan, Manu Gin

NumberSix
11-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Dwight Howard > CP3>KD

sodapop
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
:facepalm

Are you just going to ignore my post where I said why, if you hold those playoff losses against Durant, no one will take you seriously? In the last 3 years, name one series OKC should've definitively won and/or were clearly the better team on paper?

* Name one series OKC should've won, were clearly better team on paper? The answer to your question, I just did!! I gave you three. *

And get outta here with the 2013 bullshit. No one is going to read that line of nonsense you posted, where you don't even mention Westbrook being hurt and not playing, and take you seriously.

* The Westbrook injured BS excuse!! STOP!!! *

To the lacked leadership....really? You mean a team whose best players are 21-24 years old, getting their first tastes of deep playoff runs and eventually losing to better, veteran savvy teams, means they lack leadership?

* More excuses.. *

And no signs of improvement? The f**k are you even talking about? From 2010-2013 OKC improved their win% every single season and made it further in the playoffs save 2013...and if Westbrook doesn't get injured, there's a pretty damn good chance they get back to the Finals.

O.K.. Thank you for stating your claim. Again, I disagree. *

You're either just trolling to get a rise out of OKC fans, which is working obviously, or you're just not very bright.

You're missing my point. The point I'm making, OKC Thunder is a very talented team and more athletic than most teams out west. Every year since 2010, they've been picked to win the west. On paper, they are the better team. It shouldn't matter if Westbrook is injured or not, OKC roster is one of the best in the league and there's no excuse for their poor execution in big game situations. BTW, the last time I'd checked, basketball is a team sport. Something Kevin Durant & Westbrook have problems comprehending. With all that talent and they can't execute collectively? Stats don't lie. In every playoff series, including the finals series against Miami, Kevin Durant lack leadership and did not involve his team. The OKC core have been together since 2009, three years to gel and they continue to get blown out in 5? Once again, people pick the Thunder to win the west this season. Why? Because they're the better team on paper and their are no excuses for failure. I guarantee the OKC will repeat their failure, blown out in 5 and people like you will continue to make excuses.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh, I got one more thing to add!! It's O.K. for Kevin Durant to get a pass and LeBron James did not? LeBron Cleveland yrs. vs Kevin Durant current OKC?

KG215
11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
You're missing my point. The point I'm making, OKC Thunder is a very talented team and more athletic than most teams out west. Every year since 2010, they've been picked to win the west. On paper, they are the better team.
Basically, you're talking out of your ass and come off more and more clueless every time you post about the subject. Switch LeBron and Durant or LeBron and CP3, and the Heat would still be the odds on favorites to win it and all, and would very likely have done so at least once in the last 3 years.

And better than who? Do you really honestly think the 2011 Thunder, with a 22 year old KD and Westbrook and 21 year old Harden and Serge as their 4 best players, were better than the veteran savvy Mavs with Dirk playing at a god-like level?

In 2012, at the very least, they were considered Miami's equals. I have no idea why so many people thought OKC would win the series, but it's not a surprise they lost. LeBron, the best player on the planet at his peak, had the better supporting cast -- a veteran laden supporting cast. 23 year old Durant and his fellow 22-23 year old running mates lost to them...so what?

It shouldn't matter if Westbrook is injured or not, OKC roster is one of the best in the league and there's no excuse for their poor execution in big game situations. BTW,
Really, this is one of the single stupidest statements I've read on here in a long time. It's not worthy of anything more than an insulting response.

the last time I'd checked, basketball is a team sport. Something Kevin Durant & Westbrook have problems comprehending. With all that talent and they can't execute collectively? Stats don't lie.
Right, you keep saying this "stats don't lie" like it means something.

2010: lost in 1st round in 6 to eventual and defending champs.
2011: lost in WCF to eventual champs.
2012: lost in NBA Finals to peak LeBron and a better team.
2013: finished 1st in the West with 60 wins before losing Westbrook for good in the 1st round.

They're doing something right to keep improving every year. Is their "execution" lacking? Yes, but that falls more on the coach than the players.

In every playoff series, including the finals series against Miami, Kevin Durant lack leadership and did not involve his team.
You keep saying this but have yet to provide any quantifiable evidence as to why this is true.

The OKC core have been together since 2009, three years to gel and they continue to get blown out in 5?
Blown out in 5? So the number of games you lose a series in, and not how close the actual games themselves were, determines if a team was blown out or not? Did you not watch the 2012 Finals or last year's Memphis series?

Once again, people pick the Thunder to win the west this season. Why? Because they're the better team on paper and their are no excuses for failure. I guarantee the OKC will repeat their failure, blown out in 5 and people like you will continue to make excuses.
First off, they're not the odds on favorites to win the West this year. There's plenty of people who think they may have taken a step back while some other teams got better, i.e. Rockets and Warriors. They are one of four or five teams capable of winning the West, but not the hands down favorites. So if they don't, the season won't be seen as some huge failure. Disappointing, sure? But that's more on OKC's penny-pinching front-office. Right no Durant and Russ are relying on two severely limited offensive veterans in Thabo and Perkins, basically 3 rookies in (Adams, Lamb, Perry Jones), third year Reggie Jackson, and Nick Collison as their supporting cast.

But please, keep acting like you know what you're talking about. It's hilarious and very entertaining. Like I said, not all NBA careers are created equal in terms of supporting casts, timing, luck, etc. So to sit here and act like someone like Reggie Miller, John Stockton, and Grant Hill were championship caliber players, but Durant and CP3 aren't is about as stupid as it gets.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Basically, you're talking out of your ass and come off more and more clueless every time you post about the subject. Switch LeBron and Durant or LeBron and CP3, and the Heat would still be the odds on favorites to win it and all, and would very likely have done so at least once in the last 3 years.

And better than who? Do you really honestly think the 2011 Thunder, with a 22 year old KD and Westbrook and 21 year old Harden and Serge as their 4 best players, were better than the veteran savvy Mavs with Dirk playing at a god-like level?

In 2012, at the very least, they were considered Miami's equals. I have no idea why so many people thought OKC would win the series, but it's not a surprise they lost. LeBron, the best player on the planet at his peak, had the better supporting cast -- a veteran laden supporting cast. 23 year old Durant and his fellow 22-23 year old running mates lost to them...so what?

Really, this is one of the single stupidest statements I've read on here in a long time. It's not worthy of anything more than an insulting response.

Right, you keep saying this "stats don't lie" like it means something.

2010: lost in 1st round in 6 to eventual and defending champs.
2011: lost in WCF to eventual champs.
2012: lost in NBA Finals to peak LeBron and a better team.
2013: finished 1st in the West with 60 wins before losing Westbrook for good in the 1st round.

They're doing something right to keep improving every year. Is their "execution" lacking? Yes, but that falls more on the coach than the players.

You keep saying this but have yet to provide any quantifiable evidence as to why this is true.

Blown out in 5? So the number of games you lose a series in, and not how close the actual games themselves were, determines if a team was blown out or not? Did you not watch the 2012 Finals or last year's Memphis series?

First off, they're not the odds on favorites to win the West this year. There's plenty of people who think they may have taken a step back while some other teams got better, i.e. Rockets and Warriors. They are one of four or five teams capable of winning the West, but not the hands down favorites. So if they don't, the season won't be seen as some huge failure. Disappointing, sure? But that's more on OKC's penny-pinching front-office. Right no Durant and Russ are relying on two severely limited offensive veterans in Thabo and Perkins, basically 3 rookies in (Adams, Lamb, Perry Jones), third year Reggie Jackson, and Nick Collison as their supporting cast.

But please, keep acting like you know what you're talking about. It's hilarious and very entertaining. Like I said, not all NBA careers are created equal in terms of supporting casts, timing, luck, etc. So to sit here and act like someone like Reggie Miller, John Stockton, and Grant Hill were championship caliber players, but Durant and CP3 aren't is about as stupid as it gets.
:lol Whatever, you can't change my mind. I'm only stating my opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion and too bad you can't respect others. Again, the stats speak for itself. My opinion, your excuses can't deny or cover up the truth. Kevin Durant is NOT capable leading a team to an championship nor have the championship level killer instinct to lead, execute and use the tools around him. You keep mentioning Westbrook & Durant. What about the rest of the team? Basketball is a team sport. Secondly, it's the superstar, franchise player duty to make his team better. The stats show no leadership, no sign of improvement from core players in big game situations. My question to you, do you really think Kevin Durant is either a leader or an additional player? And explain logically without insults. You quote: So to sit here and act like someone like Reggie Miller, John Stockton, and Grant Hill were championship caliber players, but Durant and CP3 aren't is about as stupid as it gets. end quote: Name one playoff series Reggie Miller, John Stockton were blown out in 5, top 3 ranking in their division, ranked in the top 4 in their conference three yrs. in a role? Both Stockton & Reggie went up against the legendary Bull teams: Reggie, in the eastern conference playoff and Stockton twice in the finals. Reggie Miller Pacers and Stockton's Jazz were great teams and they knew how to execute down the stretch. Both were leaders and made their team play better beyond their talents. They used the tools around them to win.

KG215
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM
:lol Whatever, you can't change my mind. I'm only stating my opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion and too bad you can't respect others. Again, the stats speak for itself. My opinion, your excuses can't deny or cover up the truth. Kevin Durant is NOT capable leading a team to an championship nor have the championship level killer instinct to lead, execute and use the tools around him. You keep mentioning Westbrook & Durant. What about the rest of the team? Basketball is a team sport. Secondly, it's the superstar, franchise player duty to make his team better. The stats show no leadership, no sign of improvement from core players in big game situations. My question to you, do you really think Kevin Durant is either a leader or an additional player? And explain logically without insults. You quote: So to sit here and act like someone like Reggie Miller, John Stockton, and Grant Hill were championship caliber players, but Durant and CP3 aren't is about as stupid as it gets. end quote: Name one playoff series Reggie Miller, John Stockton were blown out in 5, top 3 ranking in their division, ranked in the top 4 in their conference three yrs. in a role? Both Stockton & Reggie went up against the legendary Bull teams: Reggie, in the eastern conference playoff and Stockton twice in the finals. Reggie Miller Pacers and Stockton's Jazz were great teams and they knew how to execute down the stretch. Both were leaders and made their team play better beyond their talents. They used the tools around them to win.
So my opinions are excuses, but your moronic opinions mean something?

And you keep saying something along the lines of, "the stats don't lie" but have yet to say why. I've made sound arguments as to why what you claim is very idiotic, and this is all you keep coming back with.

And I'd love to hear how Reggie Miller made his teammates better and how he executed better than Durant, and the same for John Stockton compared to Chris Paul.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 02:22 PM

And you keep saying something along the lines of, "the stats don't lie" but have yet to say why. I've made sound arguments as to why what you claim is very idiotic, and this is all you keep coming back with.

And I'd love to hear how Reggie Miller made his teammates better and how he executed better than Durant, and the same for John Stockton compared to Chris Paul.

I never said my opinions were factual. An opinion is simply an opinion. You've made sound argument as to why my claim is very idiotic? I'm still waiting... I have not read one ounce of evidence in your defense for Kevin Durant. I only receive insults from you. Insults, made sound argument? :confusedshrug:

KG215
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I never said my opinions were factual. An opinion is simply an opinion. You've made sound argument as to why my claim is very idiotic? I'm still waiting... I have not read one ounce of evidence in your defense for Kevin Durant. I only receive insults from you. Insults, made sound argument? :confusedshrug:
Wrong, I've made arguments. You're just choosing to ignore them because they don't fit your agenda.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM

Bottom line, a team rank #1 in their division, rank in the top 4 in the conference three yrs. in a role, should never be blown out in any playoff/final series without a fight! Especially if your team have talent like Kevin Durant. NO EXCUSES!! Durant lacks leadership abilities and does not have the champion killer instinct to win. The proof is in the team stats, right in your face in black n' white! Yes, Kevin Durant is an excellent player, my top 5 current best player. But he's not capable in leading a team to an championship. The 2012 NBA Finals series is proof - the worse NBA finals in history!!

sodapop
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Likewise !!!

sodapop
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Wrong, I've made arguments. You're just choosing to ignore them because they don't fit your agenda.

Likewise!!!

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Kavin Gawdrant

KG215
11-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Likewise!!!
No, your making an absurd claim, based on nothing really, that Durant and CP3 aren't championship caliber players. I've pointed out to you why that's pretty dumb, especially in Durant's case where his team has improved each year and have been eliminated by better, more experienced teams.

Then you take it a step further by claiming Reggie Miller is a "championship caliber player" but Durant isn't which, to be blunt, is an incredibly stupid belief since Durant is already quite a bit better than Miller ever was. Never mind this "championship caliber player" label you've seemingly pulled out of your ass is highly subjective and based on circumstance, timing, and luck.

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Kd > Cp3

LONGTIME
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM
KG215 arguing with a guy who claims Kendrick Perkins is still a great defender and one of the best rebounding big men in the league. :oldlol:

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
No, your making an absurd claim, based on nothing really, that Durant and CP3 aren't championship caliber players. I've pointed out to you why that's pretty dumb, especially in Durant's case where his team has improved each year and have been eliminated by better, more experienced teams.

Then you take it a step further by claiming Reggie Miller is a "championship caliber player" but Durant isn't which, to be blunt, is an incredibly stupid belief since Durant is already quite a bit better than Miller ever was. Never mind this "championship caliber player" label you've seemingly pulled out of your ass is highly subjective and based on circumstance, timing, and luck.
Kevin Durant better than Reggie " THE HALL FAME " Miller? :lol :roll: Stop it, right now!! You call me idiotic? :oldlol: Dude, don't go there.. Whatever you're smoking, PLEASE STOP!!:biggums:

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:12 PM
KG215 arguing with a guy who claims Kendrick Perkins is still a great defender and one of the best rebounding big men in the league. :oldlol:
No fk** way... Quote this. I'm not even in the mood to look this garbage ass piles of posts. :oldlol:

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Kevin Durant better than Reggie " THE HALL FAME " Miller? :lol :roll: Stop it, right now!! You call me idiotic? :oldlol: Dude, don't go there.. Whatever you're smoking, PLEASE STOP!!:biggums:

Honestly, KD's surpassed Reggie like 2 years ago. :oldlol: Not even joking.

LONGTIME
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
No fk** way... Quote this. I'm not even in the mood to look this garbage ass piles of posts. :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315756&page=3 #43

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Um, lets' see? Kendrick Perkins won an NBA championship, he was an starter during the big three era, held Boston Celtics to have the best defensive front court in the NBA for 3 seasons until he was traded - the worse trade in Celtics history. Is he still a great defender and ranked in the top best rebounding big men in the game? I believe he is. Too bad he's in OKC - the most overrated team in the last 4 yrs..

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Um, lets' see? Kendrick Perkins won an NBA championship, he was an starter during the big three era, held Boston Celtics to have the best defensive front court in the NBA for 3 seasons until he was traded - the worse trade in Celtics history. Is he still a great defender and ranked in the top best rebounding big men in the game? I believe he is. Too bad he's in OKC - the most overrated team in the last 4 yrs..
:oldlol: :roll:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1739633/MstqO.gif

KG215
11-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Alright, I'm done. This guy is a certified dumbass.

Durant, even if last year at just 24 years old turns out to be his peak (which it probably won't) was at least one or two levels above peak Reggie Miller. And Kendrick Perkins still a top rebounding big man in the league?

Thanks for the amusement sodapop.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Honestly, KD's surpassed Reggie like 2 years ago. :oldlol: Not even joking.

:wtf:

LONGTIME
11-06-2013, 03:29 PM

This guy... :oldlol: :roll:

Fudge
11-06-2013, 03:30 PM
:wtf:
Troof.

I think Melo has even surpassed Reggie as the better player. No lie doe.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Alright, I'm done. This guy is a certified dumbass.

Durant, even if last year at just 24 years old turns out to be his peak (which it probably won't) was at least one or two levels above peak Reggie Miller. And Kendrick Perkins still a top rebounding big man in the league?

Thanks for the amusement sodapop.

I'll see ya idiots back here in May. Lets see if OKC make it out of the west... I've been very tolerable with you. The next time, I'll use your own words against you. You better hope OKC & Durant prove me wrong by May? Oh, BTW, I wouldn't take Fudge seriously if I were you. The guy is a severe wagon train rider with a wet thumb. KG215, are you still a fan of the Celtics since KG & Pierce are no longer Celtics?

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:39 PM
:violin: :violin:
This guy... :oldlol: :roll:

YAWN!!!

crisoner
11-06-2013, 03:46 PM
:oldlol: :roll:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1739633/MstqO.gif

Love that clip...lmao

sodapop
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Reggie Miller: 5 time NBA All Star
3 time All NBA third team
average 18.2 ppg
the 2nd best all time 3 point shooting record
top 3 best all time 3 point shooters in NBA history
2012 HOF inductee
ranked in the top 50 best NBA players of all time

What in the hell are you guys smoking? Carmelo & Durant surpassed Reggie Miller? :lol

KG215
11-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Reggie Miller: 5 time NBA All Star
3 time All NBA third team
average 18.2 ppg
the 2nd best all time 3 point shooting record
top 3 best all time 3 point shooters in NBA history
2012 HOF inductee
ranked in the top 50 best NBA players of all time

What in the hell are you guys smoking? Carmelo & Durant surpassed Reggie Miller? :lol
Top 50 all-time? No.

Durant, in just 6 seasons of work, has a very strong case to be ranked ahead of Reggie.

Kevin Durant
- 4x All-Star
- 4x All-NBA 1st team (but Reggie's 3x 3rd team selections are cute)
- 3x scoring champ
- 26.6 PPG for his career, 7th all-time
- 3x MVP runner-up to a peak/top 5-10 player all-time

Durant's already put together a better resume in 6 seasons than Reggie could manage in 18. I love Reggie, but Durant last year and probably the year before was better than any version of Reggie Miller...and KD was 23 and 24 years old, a few years away from his peak.

sodapop
11-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Top 50 all-time? No.

Durant, in just 6 seasons of work, has a very strong case to be ranked ahead of Reggie.

Kevin Durant
- 4x All-Star
- 4x All-NBA 1st team (but Reggie's 3x 3rd team selections are cute)
- 3x scoring champ
- 26.6 PPG for his career, 7th all-time
- 3x MVP runner-up to a peak/top 5-10 player all-time

Durant's already put together a better resume in 6 seasons than Reggie could manage in 18. I love Reggie, but Durant last year and probably the year before was better than any version of Reggie Miller...and KD was 23 and 24 years old, a few years away from his peak.

O.K., I agree.. Thanks for the stats.