PDA

View Full Version : The east is bad now??? Look at the starting lineups for these 2004 playoff teams

therammingman
11-05-2013, 04:26 AM
And we think the east is bad NOW...look at this garbage. Look what pierce went to the playoffs with. :biggums: :biggums:

New Orleans Hornets
PG Baron Davis
SG David Wesley
SF George Lynch
PF P.J. Brown
C Jamaal Magloire

Milwaukee Bucks
PG Damon Jones
SG Michael Redd
SF Desmond Mason
PF Joe Smith
C Brian Skinner

New York Knicks
PG Stephon Marbury
SG Shandon Anderson
SF Tim Thomas
PF Kurt Thomas
C Nazr Mohammed

Boston Celtics
PG Chucky Atkins
SG Jiri Welsch
SF Paul Pierce
PF Walter McCarty
C Mark Blount

kennethgriffin
11-05-2013, 04:31 AM
this is why they called in the leastern confrence from 2000-2005

and its also why kobes huge western confrence series are underrated and shaq finals mvps against trash are overrated

Magic 32
11-05-2013, 05:01 AM
this is why they called in the leastern confrence from 2000-2005

Oh no, that not long enough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061129

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2rm9lcl.jpg

Lebron's finest hour with the Cavs..........http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/picard_clapping.gif

LakersDaBEst
11-05-2013, 05:12 AM
East been bad since Jordan retired.

Haymaker
11-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Great hindsight.

AintNoSunshine
11-05-2013, 05:21 AM
And we think the east is bad NOW...look at this garbage. Look what pierce went to the playoffs with. :biggums: :biggums:

New Orleans Hornets
PG Baron Davis
SG David Wesley
SF George Lynch
PF P.J. Brown
C Jamaal Magloire

Milwaukee Bucks
PG Damon Jones
SG Michael Redd
SF Desmond Mason
PF Joe Smith
C Brian Skinner

New York Knicks
PG Stephon Marbury
SG Shandon Anderson
SF Tim Thomas
PF Kurt Thomas
C Nazr Mohammed

Boston Celtics
PG Chucky Atkins:oldlol:
SG Jiri Welsch:wtf:
SF Paul Pierce
PF Walter McCarty:banghead:
C Mark Blount:lol

I thought these are good to servicable starters during the time, but yeah it doesn't take a genius to know the East was weak back then.

But interestingly the East is now becoming the defensive oriented, slow tempo grind it out conference, whereas the West is offense oriented.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 05:52 AM
God Damn, LeBron has had it so easy being in the East his whole career

xfactor99
11-05-2013, 06:01 AM
I thought these are good to servicable starters during the time, but yeah it doesn't take a genius to know the East was weak back then.

But interestingly the East is now becoming the defensive oriented, slow tempo grind it out conference, whereas the West is offense oriented.

This has been this way for like 30 years. Remember the awful Knicks - Heat playoff matchups of the '90s? The Pistons of the 00's? The Bulls and Pacers today?

Meanwhile teams in the west like the Suns, Nuggets, and Warriors have been fast-paced, running teams for like forever.

pauk
11-05-2013, 08:00 AM
East is perhaps worse than West when you compare 15 vs 15 teams overall yes..... but when the playoffs or i mean when the Conference SemiFinals & Conference Finals get going those teams in the East are probably better right now.... Miami, Brooklyn, NY, Chicago will be insane, overall i think a better CSF & CF roundabout than OKC, SA, GSW, Clippers

jlip
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM

This has been the case since the 80's.

jbryan1984
11-05-2013, 09:39 AM
That Hornets team was actually good. Wasn't Mashburn on there too? B. Diddy was in the prime of his career, as was Magloire. PJ was still good. I always liked Wesley, until we got him at the very end of his road.

guy
11-05-2013, 10:36 AM
The East is nowhere near as bad as it was from 99-07. The Knicks are probably the 5th best team in the conference right now, but they would've easily been a top 2-3 team during that time.

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 10:41 AM
04 east still had tha pistons, nets, pacers and sixers right?:rolleyes:

Rake2204
11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I can't believe that Celtics team made the playoffs. I do not recall their appearance. That said, it's worth noting Ricky Davis was coming off the bench for that team, and he provided some solid scoring punch. So that starting five wasn't entirely all they were bringing to the table that year. Close though.

That Hornets team was actually good. Wasn't Mashburn on there too? B. Diddy was in the prime of his career, as was Magloire. PJ was still good. I always liked Wesley, until we got him at the very end of his road.Mashburn was technically on the team, but his knee injuries that year ended his career. He did not play in the playoffs.

tmacattack33
11-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Wtf, the East right now is better than the West. At least the top 4 teams. Miami, Indiana, Chicago, and Brooklyn.

russwest0
11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Wtf, the East right now is better than the West. At least the top 4 teams. Miami, Indiana, Chicago, and Brooklyn.

:facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
That Hornets team would have been dangerous if Jamal Mashburn was ever healthy.