andgar923
11-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Ottawa will be my new home starting December. I

Out_In_Utah
11-05-2013, 05:22 AM
I hear their healthcare works.

andgar923
11-05-2013, 05:22 AM
I hear the strip clubs are great, other than that it's cold and shitty.

Are you from there? if so which part?

I won

andgar923
11-05-2013, 05:25 AM

It isn

Bucket_Nakedz
11-05-2013, 05:35 AM
do they have an apple store there? if not, how will you survive?

andgar923
11-05-2013, 05:49 AM
do they have an apple store there? if not, how will you survive?
clever and original

macmac
11-05-2013, 06:18 AM
The only good thing about Ottawa is that it's close to Montreal.

Zan Tabak
11-05-2013, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]It isn

Knicks101
11-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Awww, we'll miss you! Make sure you write.

DukeDelonte13
11-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Actually it is. Necessary surgeries are covered by health care. Cosmetic surgeries are not. Your right about the wait times. It can be ridiculous at times. I once got a cut above my eyebrow that needed stitches, waited 4 and half hours in the waiting room bleeding all over the place.

In terms of Ottawa...all I can really say is meh. Snows a ton there and it's cold as sh!t. Toronto or Vancouver are way better places to live.

same sh*t happens here when you go to the ER. depends on how busy it is.

Bcogswell
11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Actually it is. Necessary surgeries are covered by health care. Cosmetic surgeries are not. Your right about the wait times. It can be ridiculous at times. I once got a cut above my eyebrow that needed stitches, waited 4 and half hours in the waiting room bleeding all over the place.

In terms of Ottawa...all I can really say is meh. Snows a ton there and it's cold as sh!t. Toronto or Vancouver are way better places to live.

Yeah the waits can be pretty bad at times, but I don't mind considering.

bagelred
11-05-2013, 09:04 AM

After Obama - A not-great rollout of the new Affordable Care Act that gives all options to....well, affordable healthcare.

Before Obama - For many, no healthcare at all.

Zan Tabak
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah the waits can be pretty bad at times, but I don't mind considering.
Same, considering the alternative.

BRabbiT
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
\
http://www.atravelerswelcome.ca/resources/Ottawa1.jpg

rufuspaul
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM
\
http://www.atravelerswelcome.ca/resources/Ottawa1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/rufuspaul/ottowa_zps3953dcb0.jpg

Brrrr! **** that shit.

JtotheIzzo
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]Ottawa will be my new home starting December. I

BRabbiT
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Brrrr! Fukk that shit.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, it gets cold in the winter. And, Ottawa is known for it's ass-kicking winters.

But, that's what makes living in Canada an earned blessing.

If the US were your home instead of Canada you would make 20.83% more money.

However, you would also............

* Be 50% more likely to have HIV/AIDS

* Spend 82.93% more money on health care

* Have 23.05% more chance of dying in infancy

* Have 9.41% more chance of being unemployed

* Work 4.17% more hours each year

* Experience 40.19% more of a class divide

* Die 3.05 years sooner

link (If it were my home.com (http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/compare/CA/US)

rufuspaul
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
If the US were your home instead of Canada you would make 20.83% more money.

However, you would also............

* Be 50% more likely to have HIV/AIDS

* Spend 82.93% more money on health care

* Have 23.05% more chance of dying in infancy

* Have 9.41% more chance of being unemployed

* Work 4.17% more hours each year

* Experience 40.19% more of a class divide

* Die 3.05 years sooner

link (If it were my home.com

Um yeah I'll contemplate all that while playing golf next month.

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 12:05 PM
:oldlol: damn, gud luck tho bro:applause:

Jailblazers7
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, it gets cold in the winter. And, Ottawa is known for it's ass-kicking winters.

But, that's what makes living in Canada an earned blessing.

Stopped reading at "make 20.83% more money."

rezznor
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I just got back from Montreal 2 weeks ago. I was a bit disappointed, don't think I'll be back. Toronto and Vancouver are better imo.

Stuckey
11-05-2013, 12:59 PM
^ I heard Montreal was our best city? what parts didn't you like and how do you compare with Toronto and Vancouver??

Anyways, Ottawa sucks; at least that's what I've heard from everyone who came from there to Vancouver

rezznor
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
^ I heard Montreal was our best city? what parts didn't you like and how do you compare with Toronto and Vancouver??

Anyways, Ottawa sucks; at least that's what I've heard from everyone who came from there to Vancouver
not that it sucked, it just wasn't as "european" as i was expecting. it was kind of boring tbh. went to some of their supposed best restaurants, strip clubs and clubs like Buonanotte, New City Gas, Pied de Cochon, and Joe Beef and was a bit "meh" overall. Old Montreal was the only part that felt European, but it was pretty small.

It was fun, but didn't live up to the high expectations and hype that I had been hearing.

MavsSuperFan
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
I have been living in Canada for almost 6 months now.

Its virtually the same country as America. The difference between anywhere in washington state and vancouver is extremely minimal. There are larger difference between regions of America.

dunksby
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Ottawa will be my new home starting December. I’m gonna miss the L.A. weather, having shit delivered to my home. Having shit dropping early.

Gonna be catching the bus for a while anybody recommend any cold weather gear to wear underneath?

I’ve visited Ottawa a number of times, just got back from a 2 week visit yesterday so I’m familiar with the city, somewhat familiar with the culture.

if Canada wasn’t cold it would be a dime piece, but I freeze when it’s just chilly for them. Dudes walking around in shorts like it’s Spring while I’m freezing my ass off, and this is in the ‘fall’. My nuts are gonna shrivel to unforseen microscopic sizes in the winter, me scardy.

Any Americans living in Canada? if so any recommendations?
I haven't been to Canada but I have lived in very cold climates (reaching -30 Celsius) and my advice is that you buy your gear from there. Don't waste your money buying warm clothes in LA. Also there are these thermal shirts and pants that you wear beneath your regular clothes. They manage a good job of retaining your body heat so I recommend those as well.

macmac
11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
not that it sucked, it just wasn't as "european" as i was expecting. it was kind of boring tbh. went to some of their supposed best restaurants, strip clubs and clubs like Buonanotte, New City Gas, Pied de Cochon, and Joe Beef and was a bit "meh" overall. Old Montreal was the only part that felt European, but it was pretty small.

It was fun, but didn't live up to the high expectations and hype that I had been hearing.

Montreal is at it's best in the summer, fall feels definitely dead here. As far as restaurants I would rank Helena's and Club chasse et peche ahead of those trendy restos.

As for the clubs, NCG is basically a mini rave scene that ends at 3am, it's solid, but in the summer, the terasse is bumping on Thursdays. Buena is terrible. The lounges and clubs in the old port like campagnerie, santos, fly gin, joverse are way better atmosphere and chick wise. But as soon as the cold hits I head out to ft lauderdale. Montreal is a summer city

macmac
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Andgar buy yourself a Canada Goose coat you won't regret it. There's a reason everyone wears them, we don't give a fk about fashion in the winter we just want to stay warm, those jackets are key, they're made for the artic.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
LA to Ottawa, what in the ****

:biggums:

red1
11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Congratulations, your IQ is already going up

rezznor
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Montreal is at it's best in the summer, fall feels definitely dead here. As far as restaurants I would rank Helena's and Club chasse et peche ahead of those trendy restos.

As for the clubs, NCG is basically a mini rave scene that ends at 3am, it's solid, but in the summer, the terasse is bumping on Thursdays. Buena is terrible. The lounges and clubs in the old port like campagnerie, santos, fly gin, joverse are way better atmosphere and chick wise. But as soon as the cold hits I head out to ft lauderdale. Montreal is a summer city

yeah, i was expecting a ton of hot french canadian chicks in the streets, but didnt see much.

I should have hit you up instead of trusted the service we were using. also went to Circus for after partying but it was lame and full of kids. also, the party favors were expensive as shit! $450 for an 8?!?!:mad: i understand i'm gonna get taxed for it in canada but gotdamn. pretty sure we got ripped off but hey, it's a vacation so whatever.

Dolphin
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
yeah, i was expecting a ton of hot french canadian chicks in the streets, but didnt see much.

I should have hit you up instead of trusted the service we were using. also went to Circus for after partying but it was lame and full of kids. also, the party favors were expensive as shit! $450 for an 8?!?!:mad: i understand i'm gonna get taxed for it in canada but gotdamn. pretty sure we got ripped off but hey, it's a vacation so whatever.

Ya....you actually paid $450.....wow.......ya.......wow. lol

If you want to AP you go to Stereo on a night a big time artist comes to play. You don't deal with any other place after 2 or 3 am....unless there's nothing going on at Stereo of course. Stereo is the second best house/techno club in Canada after Footwork in Toronto (well whatever they will call the new place they moved into now) as far as quality of lineups. You ever go back, look to see who's playing there that weekend.

I have lived in an around Toronto most of my life, but go to Montreal around twice per year. I personally have had great times in Montreal in summer or winter, but summer is definitely better. However, I prefer Toronto still. I like mini NYC/Chicago over the sorta copy cat Euro city.

I always here about all the French babes in Montreal too. Everyone has their own taste, but the city is no better looking than Toronto or any other major city. I'd say Toronto is actually better because it's bigger and more multi cultural (not to say Montreal isn't muli cultural). Montreal does have a lot of cute French waitresses though. lol

rezznor
11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Ya....you actually paid $450.....wow.......ya.......wow. lol

If you want to AP you go to Stereo on a night a big time artist comes to play. You don't deal with any other place after 2 or 3 am....unless there's nothing going on at Stereo of course. Stereo is the second best house/techno club in Canada after Footwork in Toronto (well whatever they will call the new place they moved into now) as far as quality of lineups. You ever go back, look to see who's playing there that weekend.

I have lived in an around Toronto most of my life, but go to Montreal around twice per year. I personally have had great times in Montreal in summer or winter, but summer is definitely better. However, I prefer Toronto still. I like mini NYC/Chicago over the sorta copy cat Euro city.

I always here about all the French babes in Montreal too. Everyone has their own taste, but the city is no better looking than Toronto or any other major city. I'd say Toronto is actually better because it's bigger and more multi cultural (not to say Montreal isn't muli cultural). Montreal does have a lot of cute French waitresses though. lol

yup..about triple to quadruple what we normally would have paid, but o well, already there so might as well go all out :oldlol:

Dolphin
11-05-2013, 03:38 PM
yup..about triple to quadruple what we normally would have paid, but o well, already there so might as well go all out :oldlol:

Well we know you have the money to ball so I'm sure you didn't lose any sleep over it.

rezznor
11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Well we know you have the money to ball so I'm sure you didn't lose any sleep over it.
tbh, i didn't really want it that bad, but my friends were fiending so i just threw for a few. it was worth it just so my friends could do their first titty bumps :oldlol:

rufuspaul
11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Try enjoying with it.

http://inanutshell.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/skating-on-the-rideau-canal.jpg

Freeze my ass off with a bunch of other people? Where do I sign up?

Dolphin
11-05-2013, 04:29 PM
tbh, i didn't really want it that bad, but my friends were fiending so i just threw for a few. it was worth it just so my friends could do their first titty bumps :oldlol:

haha...lines off girls asses and tits were like a rite of passage for me and my boys. Used to hang out with guys 5 or so years older and they would just get the girls they knew to drop their pants or pull out their tits like nothing. Felt like a creeper doing it without even talking to the girl before, but I got a lot of stories hanging out with those types of people.....lol.

flipogb
11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
hope you like sleeping early on weekends

rezznor
11-05-2013, 04:44 PM
haha...lines off girls asses and tits were like a rite of passage for me and my boys. Used to hang out with guys 5 or so years older and they would just get the girls they knew to drop their pants or pull out their tits like nothing. Felt like a creeper doing it without even talking to the girl before, but I got a lot of stories hanging out with those types of people.....lol.
:cheers:

andgar923
11-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Why would I move from L.A. to Ottawa?

My wife is from there, it would be harder for her to move and adapt to L.A. than vice versa. I wouldn

andgar923
11-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Canada does seem to be expensive, but it

sundizz
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
How does one emigrate to Canada? I'm a U.S Citizen and will have 2 to 3 years of experience as an auditor working for a regional consulting and accounting firm when I truly consider it. Can any U.S Citizen just up and go and live in Canada?

Just2McFly
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
LA to Ottawa, what in the ****

:biggums:
this is what im saying

rufuspaul
11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]

People were questioning why I

andgar923
11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
How does one emigrate to Canada? I'm a U.S Citizen and will have 2 to 3 years of experience as an auditor working for a regional consulting and accounting firm when I truly consider it. Can any U.S Citizen just up and go and live in Canada?

Sure.

There

johndeeregreen
11-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Canada, for the most part, is a great country to live in. I love the US as well, but I would have a very hard time moving from Canada.

Biggest thing to look forward to, especially coming from LA, Canada is a very, very peaceful and safe place to live. We have cities upwards of a million people with homicides numbers of like 10-15 per year. Compared to American cities of similar size, it's like Scottsdale.

Things not to look forward to include taxes and Quebec. One of those is avoidable, fortunately.

johndeeregreen
11-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds like you're in a shitty neighborhood.
:sleeping

Nobody's hating on the US, it's a great country too. You like where you live and wouldn't want to move to Canada, we get it. Can we move on now?

andgar923
11-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds like you're in a shitty neighborhood.
It

brandonislegend
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I hope you like hockey.

andgar923
11-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I hope you like hockey.
I don

andgar923
11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
You will.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/media/10186L-ottawa-senators-logo.jpg

I

9erempiree
11-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I think Canada would be an upgrade.

johndeeregreen
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]I

andgar923
11-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Average NHLer is probably like 6'1", 205. I'm not sure what you were expecting. Game is just too fast for 99.9% of guys 240 pounds and up.

I don

johndeeregreen
11-05-2013, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=andgar923]I don

andgar923
11-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash you. Just letting you know that's the reason. Same reason you won't find 250 pounders playing soccer.

No need to apologize even if you did (I didn

9erempiree
11-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Hockey is definitely a spectator sport but it has to be live.

My first and only hockey game I attended was the very front row and I was amazed how fast the game is down there.

johndeeregreen
11-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Hockey is definitely a spectator sport but it has to be live.

My first and only hockey game I attended was the very front row and I was amazed how fast the game is down there.
TV does not at all do it justice, this is true. You won't truly appreciate the speed of it until you've seen it live.