PDA

View Full Version : Players Who Have Impressed You So Far

dunksby
11-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Players who have impressed me so far:
1- Al Horford: I thought he was a disappointment, never really involved in the game, it seems with Josh Smith gone he has broken out and finally feels comfortable in his position.
2- Klay Thompson: It's raining threes at a 52% hit rate out there so better watch out! This guy has become an efficient volume scorer and he is just getting started.
3- LMA: He usually is very impressive at the beginning of every season but tends to lose his touch later in the season.
4- Andre Drummond: Going through the process maturing into a legit big man, I hope he becomes a force in the paint NBA needs more elite bigs. And of course he is on my fantasy team.
5- Blake Griffin: Is he finally taking his great leap since his rookie season? He was 8-8 from the FT line against the Kings if you could believe that.
I didn't include already established elite players more like those who had something to prove either to meet high expectations or removing doubt.

SacJB Shady
11-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Bogut

pauk
11-05-2013, 07:42 AM
MCW - Plays so far WAY over my expectations, except maybe last game.

Shaun Livingston - He looks to me maybe better & more fluid than ever post-acl injury, stats dont show & will not show it but that is because the magnitude of talent he has around him and Deron has to start... ridicilous mismatch as a 6'7" PG. I am a bit biased with him though...

Klay Thompson - He has improved especially with his moves back to the basket / post, footwork and shoots/scores with great scoring arsenal so far, i like him & his potential.

Brook Lopez - I love him on both ends (that sounds wrong lol), he could essentially be/become the best C in the league? :eek:

Paul George - Looking good!

poido123
11-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Anthony Davis-Absolute beast and has made a significant improvement already. The extra minutes is helping too.

Chris Paul-Has come out of the gates looking like a man on a mission. He is commanding games and asserting his authority with excellent decision making and confidence.

Eric Bledsoe-Has made a big impact on the suns, the extra minutes and freedom has allowed him to step up big. His passing looks improved and he looks to have a good season ahead of him.

Jimmy Butler-Had to throw a homer pick in here, always impresses me and has a good habit of making good decisions on the court. His game just keeps getting better and better.

pauk
11-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Ah yes, Chris Paul.... he produces like never before so far, ridicilous numbers, better productions than anybody, which ofcourse also gives him the best PER of a whooping 38...

Harison
11-05-2013, 08:35 AM
MCW is a biggest surprise to me :applause:

andremiller07
11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
DeAndre Jordan: never thought he could impact games and has put on good efforts against Bogut, Howard, Cousins and Pau.

Tristian Thompson: Seems to have improved all around

Anthony Davis: offensive game looks super strong

Isaiah Thomas: I knew he would be a great back up scoring PG

Mr Exlax
11-05-2013, 08:54 AM
CP3 - I always thought he was the best PG, but man I haven't seen him playing this well in a few years. I knew the Clipps getting Doc was gonna make a difference, but damn!

James Harden - Other than last night's game, he's looked really really good this season. He's gotten better. The 3 pt shot is better. He's able to shoot from the midrange after he gets by his primary defender and shoot and score. On defense he's actually trying and looking alright at it again like how he used to in OKC. Gotta credit that to not having to carry the entire offensive load

Paul George - A good player that's just getting better. His all around game just looks more polished than last season. Better passes, shots, defense just everything.

All Net
11-05-2013, 08:56 AM
DeAndre Jordan

game has clearly improved alot and is so much more active. Doc is helping.

kshutts1
11-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Brook Lopez (I know it's early, but I never thought he'd be averaging 3+ blocks)
Westbrook (solely for coming back already)
Kanter

There are a lot more disappointments thus far than people that have impressed.

Scholar
11-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Xavier Henry. Dude was one bad game in the preseason away from being cut and likely not being an NBA player this season (and possibly longer), but he made the most of his opportunity. He is playing somewhat like Earl Clark did last year, except on a more consistent basis. Hopefully he doesn't just become a bench warmer once Kobe returns, but knowing MDA's coaching style, X-Man probably won't get much playing time later on.

One thing worth noting, though:
Every season, Mike D'Antoni's system makes a scrub player shine big time. From Raja Bell to Jeremy Lin to Earl Clark to now Xavier Henry, MDA may not be a great coach but his system sure makes young, quick players look better than other systems have done.

I'd still prefer Phil Jackson, though.

TaLvsCuaL
11-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Kevin Love return. The guy is a beast and is playing better than ever

livingby3's
11-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Good thread with good responses so far.

I'll throw in a homer pick. Miles Plumlee. The foul trouble against the Thunder got him out of rhythm, but he has shown before to be capable at the center position. I remember in the preseason Suns labelled him their best big, and there was a commentator saying if Plumlee is your best big, the rest of the bigs must suck. Well Plumlee has definitely shown some skills, footwork, smarts on the court. Not saying he's an allstar big man, but he can be a solid 5.

He's got areas to improve on. I'm glad Suns have the minutes for him to do so.

Klay Thomson and Evan Turner

kshutts1
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM

I'll throw in a homer pick. Miles Plumlee. The foul trouble against the Thunder got him out of rhythm, but he has shown before to be capable at the center position. I remember in the preseason Suns labelled him their best big, and there was a commentator saying if Plumlee is your best big, the rest of the bigs must suck. Well Plumlee has definitely shown some skills, footwork, smarts on the court. Not saying he's an allstar big man, but he can be a solid 5.

Miles Plumlee is an excellent pick. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Blue&Orange
11-05-2013, 10:23 AM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315695

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
MCW, love, and westbrook, and nobody on tha Indiana overraterz.

#number6ix#
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Andrew Byumn

Eric Cartman
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Chris Paul:

26.5 PPG, 68.7 TS%, 13.3 AST .... horrible ast/to ratio tho

HylianNightmare
11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Xavier Henry obviously, i was liking him in preseason as well. for the magic so far i like how afflalo has looked, hopefully getting his stock up so we can trade him high

hangintheair
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I would like to add Alec Burks also. He has done some good stuff coming off the bench.. Spencer Hawes also..

KyleKong
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
DeAndre Jordan is looking like a defensive force so far.

Blake Griffin starting to take that forward step in his game.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Never been a fan, but Monta has looked good thus far. He's actually a decently efficient scorer this year. Doubt he keeps that up...

Stephenson has looked really good as well.

And Boozer.

Something about the players I don't like coming out like beasts.

Pointguard
11-05-2013, 05:58 PM
MCW
Evan Turner, well practically the Philly team
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Plumlee
The Clipper stars
Iggy looks like a leader now

And Love, love his game now.

gyu
11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Chris Paul:

26.5 PPG, 68.7 TS%, 13.3 AST .... horrible ast/to ratio tho
4.42 asst/turnover ratio is excellent what are you talking about? That would be at the very least top 2 every single season.

"Second best pg" Stephen Curry: 1.86 assists/turnover ratio

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Tim Hardaway Jr.

:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Kobe Bryant: Healing very fast.
Dwight Howard: Never thought he would accept 3rd fiddle to Jeremy Lin.

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Kobe Bryant: Healing very fast.
:applause:

DuMa
11-05-2013, 06:28 PM
4.42 asst/turnover ratio is excellent what are you talking about? That would be at the very least top 2 every single season.

"Second best pg" Stephen Curry: 1.86 assists/turnover ratio
http://scarless1.tripod.com/images/thats_the_joke.jpg

chips93
11-05-2013, 06:34 PM
kevin love

looks in like hes in the best shape of his career, his post game looks improved, and he has been hitting some tough 3s, off the bounce, and he has passed the ball very well from the elbows as well.

and of course he's still a beast on the glass.

sodapop
11-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Kelly Olynyk and Kevin Love..

ciaguy23
11-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Vitor faverini

alenleomessi
11-05-2013, 07:25 PM
paul george is putting lebron-like stats... should be on everyones list

Fudge
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
LORDsell GOATbrook

EricGordon23
11-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Demar Derozan

RidonKs
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
carrying over from preseason, Omri Casspi has been dynamite on offense for the rockets. he's shooting lights out with a quick trigger which is whats needed in that offense but even better he's attacking the rim like i definitely wasn't expecting. he's undersized but it looks like he and parsons will be able to handle the forward slots alongside whichever center is on the floor.

alexd
11-05-2013, 09:00 PM
kevin martin anyone?We knew he could score after the last season with the OKC i thought he didn t have much left,but damn he s been lights out

La Frescobaldi
11-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Kyrie Irving. Ya he can scorch with the ball, everybody knows that, but his game is expanding almost exponentially in some other areas over last year - passing, deception, traps, screens, boxing out, correct positions in transition D . Dude keeps this up he's gonna be real good

livingby3's
11-06-2013, 12:49 AM
meanwhile this guy..

http://www.nba.com/suns/sites/suns/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/Bledsoe23.jpg

Budadiiii
11-06-2013, 05:02 AM
Chris Paul
Eric Bledsoe
JJ Redick
Jeremy Lamb
Russell Westbrook
Monta Ellis
Paul George

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Zaza Pachulia 13 and 7 on 58% and 100% free throw 21/21 :bowdown:

ILLsmak
11-07-2013, 03:00 AM

ET, nice. Funny to see Iggy doing work now, too. I hope ET can break out and continue to break out while on the 76ers so all of their fans (or some of them lol) can appreciate him as a good player.

-Smak

Inferno
11-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Lillard:

Averaging 24/5/5 on crazy 3P effiency

Greg Oden 50
11-07-2013, 03:34 AM
CP3 - I always thought he was the best PG, but man I haven't seen him playing this well in a few years. I knew the Clipps getting Doc was gonna make a difference, but damn!

James Harden - Other than last night's game, he's looked really really good this season. He's gotten better. The 3 pt shot is better. He's able to shoot from the midrange after he gets by his primary defender and shoot and score. On defense he's actually trying and looking alright at it again like how he used to in OKC. Gotta credit that to not having to carry the entire offensive load

Paul George - A good player that's just getting better. His all around game just looks more polished than last season. Better passes, shots, defense just everything.

james harden's defence :oldlol:

Greg Oden 50
11-07-2013, 03:38 AM
MCW, love, and westbrook, and nobody on tha Indiana overraterz.

still over leflop :oldlol: