PDA

View Full Version : Nov.5 game thread: Utah Jazz (0-3) at Brooklyn Nets (1-2)

niko
11-05-2013, 04:18 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1105/ny_a_blatche_b1_576x324.jpg
UTAH (PPG)

The Brooklyn Nets will try to put Sunday’s blowout loss to the Orlando Magic behind them when they host the Utah Jazz Tuesday night at Barclays Center. It’ll be Jason Kidd’s regular-season coaching debut at home. Here’s what we’ll be watching for:

BE AGGRESSIVE: Kevin Garnett has said he wants to be more aggressive. Garnett has taken just five shots in the restricted area -- and missed them all. The Nets settled for two many jump shots in their 107-86 loss to the Magic. It’s early, and they are still trying to figure each other out. But the fact that they were flat for much of the Orlando game, as many of the players pointed out, is unacceptable.

“We got to come ready to play, come hit them early and make sure this game has our imprint the entire game,” Brook Lopez said.

INJURY REPORT: Lopez (sprained right ankle) and Andray Blatche (sprained left ankle) are expected to play. Deron Williams, who continues to recover from an offseason sprained right ankle injury, said he doesn’t think he’s off his minutes restriction yet, but wasn’t entirely certain. Kidd said the Nets would see how Williams feels before making that determination. Andrei Kirilenko (back spams) likely will see his minutes increased again as he continues to progress. Williams and Kirilenko have never beaten their former team (0-4).

NOT SO JAZZED UP: The Jazz are 0-3. They are a young team, in rebuilding mode. Kidd’s former teammate, Richard Jefferson, is their veteran leader. Derrick Favors, who the Nets traded to the Jazz in exchange for D-Will, is one of their young building blocks. Favors is averaging a very impressive 13.7 points and 10.7 rebounds in the early going.

Starters
PG J. Lucas III 8.0 D. Williams 8.0
SG G. Hayward 15.0 J. Johnson 11.3
SF R. Jefferson 11.7 P. Pierce 17.3
PF D. Favors 13.7 K. Garnett 7.3
C E. Kanter 16.7 B. Lopez 18.3
Injury Report: Lopez (ankle), Blatche (ankle), Kirilenko (back), JJ (coma) all expected to play. Deron still on minutes limit (per Deron).

Deron Williams has never beaten Utah (0-4).
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1003/ny_a_kidd_kg_b1_200x300.jpg
Kevin, do you think I should stand this game at all?
Nah, sit coach so you don't block coach frank's view.

Out_In_Utah
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Battle of the bad teams. :rockon:

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
lets go jazz!!! bust dat ass!!!:applause: :cheers:

DuMa
11-05-2013, 05:39 PM
50 million team vs 200.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
50 million team vs 200.
The game against the Magic was $20 million starters vs. $100 million starters.:lol

I feel like some monetary stat is going to be brought up every day comparing the disparity in the Nets starting units combined salary vs. the opposing teams.

Anyways, the loss against the Magic better have woken the Nets up. The Nets better come out super motivated from now on against sub-par teams. The Jazz are a deadly team. Their front court is very good and young.

CJ Mustard
11-05-2013, 05:51 PM
The game against the Magic was $20 million starters vs. $100 million starters.:lol

I feel like some monetary stat is going to be brought up every day comparing the disparity in the Nets starting units combined salary vs. the opposing teams.

Anyways, the loss against the Magic better have woken the Nets up. The Nets better come out super motivated from now on against sub-par teams. The Jazz are a deadly team. Their front court is very good and young.
:yaohappy:

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 05:54 PM
:yaohappy:
I meant to say that they possess the talent to beat any team on any given night, specifically, their front court. Also, Gordon is averaging 18 PPG. He's definitely someone we need to watch out for as well.

niko
11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
This should be a relatively easy game for the Nets if they have decent energy and effort. And I get Kidd for some reason likes sitting a lot and watching the game that way but he looks so disengaged. I'd rethink that.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 06:02 PM
This should be a relatively easy game for the Nets if they have decent energy and effort. And I get Kidd for some reason likes sitting a lot and watching the game that way but he looks so disengaged. I'd rethink that.
I share those same sentiments as you but we both know it's not in Jason Kidd's DNA to be jumping up and down, yelling, or showing much emotion. Still, when the freaking Orlando Magic are on a 10-0 run, don't sit down like "We're the Nets, we'll catch up" or be like Phil Jackson. When players turn and look at Jason, they think "The Magic are on a 10-0 run yet J. Kidd is on the bench unfazed? Ok, seems fine to me".

And I better not see 10 players play in the first half like last game. Bench one or two people, I don't care, but playing that many people is not in our best interests.

Fresh Kid
11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Jason Kidd iz not ready to be a coach yet, plain and simple az that, and tha way he quit on tha knicks last spring will haunt mr. meatballhead forever:facepalm

niko
11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
I share those same sentiments as you but we both know it's not in Jason Kidd's DNA to be jumping up and down, yelling, or showing much emotion. Still, when the freaking Orlando Magic are on a 10-0 run, don't sit down like "We're the Nets, we'll catch up" or be like Phil Jackson. When players turn and look at Jason, they think "The Magic are on a 10-0 run yet J. Kidd is on the bench unfazed? Ok, seems fine to me".

And I better not see 10 players play in the first half like last game. Bench one or two people, I don't care, but playing that many people is not in our best interests.

I agree 100% with everything you just said. and to add one, let the starters play together more, not mix and matching so many units.

alenleomessi
11-05-2013, 06:56 PM
kanter will manhandle sofpez

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Since there was no Jazz injury report of their 5 missing guys:

A day after participating in a full practice, there is buzz on Tuesday that Utah swingman Brandon Rush could play in his first game since tearing his left ACL on Nov. 2, 2012. Looking at the big picture, whether Rush plays tonight or in some upcoming game may not matter a whole lot -- the Jazz will have a hard time winning regardless.

ESPN.com

He could make a huge difference eventually. Can play Burks more at the 1 with less Lucas/Tinsley.

The JKidd Kid
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I agree 100% with everything you just said. and to add one, let the starters play together more, not mix and matching so many units.

Exactly, the only players I want to see in the 1st quarter are the starters, AK47, Blatche and MAYBE Livingston if Deron still has minute restrictions.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
With all this talk of playing the starters more minutes, shouldn't you worry about their legs come playoff time?

The JKidd Kid
11-05-2013, 08:09 PM
With all this talk of playing the starters more minutes, shouldn't you worry about their legs come playoff time?

We don't want the starters to play more minutes, we want them to play more minutes TOGETHER to build chemistry.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Come on brooklyn residents. This could be the last time we have this team so fill the damn arena. I don't like seeing the arena empty like this.. And I have to listen to that dreaded piped in chant with a half empty arena.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Man, Lopez is really putting on all the near-offensive fouls against Kanter. Elbow into the chest on the first shot, hooking and baiting into a foul on the missed shot.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Brook made that but Paul was wide open and that's where brook needs to develop. Overall the nets energy is great right now but can they sustain it. And blatche better play defense or he better sit his ass down if he won't.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Brook needs to play like this every damn game. He's getting great position, and not being a softie, although he was on that first field goal attempt of the game where he didn't go up strong and dunk it. :facepalm
If he can actually be consistent for once he can carry us in the first half, and establish an inside out game that will be deadly.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Kanter was not the problem against Lopez, coach.

EDIT: Brandon Rush sighting!

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Joe Johnson sucking on defense again ..

Stop with that piped in chant ffs

Joe needs to start picking it up . Dude has been a scrub for 3 games..

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Joe Johnson's still in the league?

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Here we go with all the subs..

El Kabong
11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Jazz coughing up the ball way too much so far. Not handling the Nets defensive pressure at all.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Brook needs to play like this every damn game. He's getting great position, and not being a softie, although he was on that first field goal attempt of the game where he didn't go up strong and dunk it. :facepalm
If he can actually be consistent for once he can carry us in the first half, and establish an inside out game that will be deadly.
Exactly. I think Kevin or Kidd told me to stop shooting jumpers and to be a force Downlow. He's been so dominant down there

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
It's really obvious Rush played his first five-on-five scrimmage yesterday.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Jazz coughing up the ball way too much so far. Not handling the Nets defensive pressure at all.

Only have a couple ball handlers on the team.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:02 PM
That's the worst foul in nba history

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:02 PM
That's the worst foul in nba history

No, it's not. There was contact. It was not a foul, but at least it had contact.

EDIT: I don't think Alec Burks knows how long an NBA quarter is.
EDIT #2: I don't think he practices his free throw shooting.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I swear this second unit has no idea how to play a ****ing lick of defense. This shit is so frustrating..

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
No, it's not. There was contact. It was not a foul, but at least it had contact.

EDIT: I don't think Alec Burks knows how long an NBA quarter is.
EDIT #2: I don't think he practices his free throw shooting.

He gets plenty of practice in the games. He's going to have to improve that. He can make a career of it.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Mother of God. We turned it over 8 times that quarter. And just for you, Xiao Yao You, 3 of them were by Kanter whereas none of them were by Favors. Not that it means anything.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I swear this second unit has no idea how to play a ****ing lick of defense. This shit is so frustrating..

Jazz didn't play any with either unit and their offense is too bad not to play d.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Mason Plumlee sighting,

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Alec Burks may have a chance to convert a 3-point flagrant foul.

Nope.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
These lineups make the game unwatchable... It's allowing the jazz to catch up in this second quarter..

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
These lineups make the game unwatchable... It's allowing the jazz to catch up in this second quarter..

If by catch up you mean stay even, I agree. Your starters would be running us out of the building.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Go up with the ****ing ball Kevin. Holy ****

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm going to stop being a fan due to this horrid piped in chant off every dunk we make..

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Look at the interior ad with Kevin brook and ak

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:25 PM
How the **** do we have 3 points in 6 mins of second quarter action?? It's ****ing horrid.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Can you please take andray off the court and never bring him back in..

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I think it's pretty apparent Favors is a PF. He and Kanter can switch on the offensive end.

EDIT: Hayward's been the best player on the floor for Utah and he's -15, the worst on the team.

Who is he defending? Joe Johnson when he sucked earlier in the game and Paul Pierce who hasn't done anything since his first shot. This is an obviously flawed statistic.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Brook Lopez is playing like every nets can has wanted him too. In the low post and not forcing anything. He's unstoppable like this .

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Glad to see Brook dominate out there.
Just pisses me off he can't do this every game.
Dude was blessed with insane size and strength. He's just soft as hell too often.
If you give me Brooks body, I'd put up 23/10 every night on 58-60 TS%.

Mr. Incredible
11-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Brook Lopez is playing like every nets can has wanted him too. In the low post and not forcing anything. He's unstoppable like this .
Lol. one minute you're killing him, next minute you think he's unstoppable. :facepalm

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
I like this Nets team a lot.

ProfessorMurder
11-05-2013, 09:43 PM
This might be the start of the Nets bonding. Always good to beat up on a team to get in the flow.

Brook is still soft though. 4 rebounds bro? Who are you, Bargnani?

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I'd rather amnesty blatche than watch him play any longer. He's a blacks hole disruption on offense, he just jacks shots up and plays no D. Just waive him.

The JKidd Kid
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd rather amnesty blatche than watch him play any longer. He's a blacks hole disruption on offense, he just jacks shots up and plays no D. Just waive him.

Nah hes a good player.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Development of the Core Four:

A. Burks: 5 pt (1-6 FG), 1 reb, 2 ast, 2 st, 1 to, 0 pf [-5 in 15:42]
G. Hayward: 13 pt (4-11 FG), 4 reb, 3 ast, 1 to, 0 pf [-17 in 19:27]
D. Favors: 2 pt (1-3 FG), 1 reb, 0 ast, 1 to, 3 pf [-10 in 12:29]
E. Kanter: 15 pt (6-8 FG), 4 reb, 0 ast, 4 to, 1 pf [-13 in 20:28]

Young road teams struggle.

Enes Kanter is doing very well, but all of his rebounds were offensive. I know the Nets aren't missing, but he's too big not to get defensive boards. While he's defended well, that may be why the Jazz have struggled on that end.

Favors needs to be more of an offensive factor. I know he has struggled with fouls, but he's too important to only put up 3 shots in 12 minutes.

Hayward's just screwed on the offensive end, and he still managed to put up 13 points. He's shooting 36%. The Jazz are shooting 35%.

Burks, make your damn free throws.

Oh!

R. Gobert: 0 pts (0-0 FG), 2 reb, 0 ast, 0 to, 3 pf [+1 in 2:58]

STAY ON THE DAMN FLOOR, YOU BEAST.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-05-2013, 10:04 PM
R. Gobert has the GOAT wingspan at the combine.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 10:06 PM
R. Gobert has the GOAT wingspan at the combine.

Entering tonight, teams shoot 20% from 0-5 ft when he's within five feet of the rim. He's good.

Man, it's so hard for us to score on the offensive end, and it's so easy for the Nets to score on the defensive end.

EDIT: My God, that timeout came way too late. The Nets are shooting 64% for the game. You need to tear into these kids and tell them to play defense.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
If Nets offense this good? :biggums:
Or is Jazz defense that bad? :confusedshrug:

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Development of the Core Four:

he's too important to only put up 3 shots in 12 minutes

He's not good enough to be geting more shots than better offensive players.

R. Gobert: 0 pts (0-0 FG), 2 reb, 0 ast, 0 to, 3 pf [+1 in 2:58]

STAY ON THE DAMN FLOOR, YOU BEAST.

D-League if they get healthy.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Andray chucking shots up yet again

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Entering tonight, teams shoot 20% from 0-5 ft when he's within five feet of the rim. He's good.

But very raw.

is Jazz defense that bad?

It's been better. Not surprising they are sucking on their first east coast road trip.

mrpibb
11-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Kanter has as many turnovers as rebounds. It's just that kind of night.

EDIT: Three assists, though. I'm not sure where those came from, but that's good to see.

EDIT #2: Kanter on cripple-double alert. 19pt/7reb/7to

ChuckOakley
11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
27 points
25 minutes
13 FGA

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Who will be worse tomorrow Boston or Utah?:facepalm

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Good win by the Nets. I would have liked to held the Jazz to under 80 points but I guess it's fine. Andray and Mirza had sub-par performances. Andray with three turnovers and the second most shot attempts for the Nets is infuriating. I'd like to see Deron finally play more now. He's averaging 8 assists in 25 minutes a game and could average 11 if given 10 more minutes per game in the prime of his career. Nets at the Wizards this friday then the pacers at home.:cheers:

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Deron hasn't been in his prime since he left Utah.

ProfessorMurder
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Who will be worse tomorrow Boston or Utah?:facepalm

Boston.

Xiao Yao You
11-05-2013, 11:43 PM
On paper they definitely look a lot worse than the Jazz but they are at home and the Jazz will be playing a back to back.

It's A VC3!!!
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Deron hasn't been in his prime since he left Utah.
His first season with us he averaged 21/9. Last season 19/8. Those are stellar numbers. Right now he's at a horrible 8/8 but he'll hopefully pick it up.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 12:00 AM
His shooting % and assists were down and his TO's up.

The JKidd Kid
11-06-2013, 12:02 AM

Last season his shooting percentage wasn't down and the year before that his second best player was Kris Humphries, what can you expect when he's literally the only offensive option on his team?

It's A VC3!!!
11-06-2013, 12:06 AM
that's fine, it wasn't a large drop-off anyways. and last year his TO's were the lowest since his rookie season and his shooting % last season was 44%, and 41% the year prior. i don't get the idea of people thinking that he's regressed considerably. he'll never be in his utah days because that system and those players were completely different. deron basically controlled the jazz and was the main operator and had the luxury of like 4 different great pick and pop/roll players. and he was quicker so he turned the corner better. he's a different player now but still very, very good.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 12:36 AM
that's fine, it wasn't a large drop-off anyways. and last year his TO's were the lowest since his rookie season and his shooting % last season was 44%, and 41% the year prior. i don't get the idea of people thinking that he's regressed considerably. he'll never be in his utah days because that system and those players were completely different. deron basically controlled the jazz and was the main operator and had the luxury of like 4 different great pick and pop/roll players. and he was quicker so he turned the corner better. he's a different player now but still very, very good.

4 great pick and pop players? He was great not very good and doing it in a lot tougher conference.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Last season his shooting percentage wasn't down and the year before that his second best player was Kris Humphries, what can you expect when he's literally the only offensive option on his team?

In the eastern conference? I'd expect a lot.