11-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Lifted from realgm in case you missed it...:oldlol: :applause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIyiEc1741s

PJR
11-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Terrible.

DirkNowitzki41
11-05-2013, 11:51 PM
This is the kind of defense I play in NBA 2k My Career mode.

Youtube top comment. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dro
11-05-2013, 11:52 PM
:oldlol:

Young X
11-05-2013, 11:58 PM
One of the worst defenders in the league, it's almost like he doesn't care if the other team scores.

LoneyROY7
11-06-2013, 12:01 AM
And this is a top 10 player?

russwest0
11-06-2013, 12:15 AM
And this is a top 10 player?

Top 4 according to ESPN :roll:

Just shows that they don't watch the damn games

Fudge
11-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Remember when some people said they'd take him over Lord Swagbrook? :oldlol:

Dro
11-06-2013, 12:17 AM
:lol

tmacattack33
11-06-2013, 12:19 AM
In his defense, most of this is not skill...it's just him not even paying attention. And I've seen both Kobe and Lebron get lazy like this in random regular season games.

If regular season games actually meant something and weren't just 1/82nd of a season (in which freakin 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs), i'm sure this wouldn't happen.

Not that he's a good defender even when trying. He's probably average on D even when trying, but he's not terrible like this video suggests.

russwest0
11-06-2013, 12:20 AM

God, those people were F**king clowns. I had to hear "TRADE WESTBROOK!" all the damn time, I wanted to slap the shit out of so many ppl

Droid101
11-06-2013, 12:24 AM
In his defense, most of this is not skill...it's just him not even paying attention. And I've seen both Kobe and Lebron get lazy like this in random regular season games.

If regular season games actually meant something and weren't just 1/82nd of a season (in which freakin 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs), i'm sure this wouldn't happen.

Not that he's a good defender even when trying. He's probably average on D even when trying, but he's not terrible like this video suggests.
Okay.

So show a game where he does care.

Spaulding
11-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Superstar defense? I think not.

KG215
11-06-2013, 12:38 AM

Ok, but the problem is, this is Harden's defense on a regular basis. Even last year in the playoffs when, you know, defensive effort should be at the max, Harden was terrible on that end of the floor.

KyleKong
11-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Good heavens that is awful.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-06-2013, 02:16 AM

To James Harden the regular season should mean a lot. To Kobe and LeBron it doesn't.

disel
11-06-2013, 02:17 AM
His defense looked pretty good tonight to go with his 33 and 7 boards on 11-18 shooting.

imdaman99
11-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TDVWnZ5K8

to be fair, im sure the 2 stars on the thunder would have gotten in his face if he gave as little effort on defense as he's doing on the rockets now. harden is no leader, very nice player. but not exactly a lead by example type.

ILLsmak
11-06-2013, 02:37 AM

haha.

But yea no respect to people who don't play D. Some of those weren't his fault, some were. Some ended up as misses anyway.

I dunno why people don't enjoy playing D. Even if you let people eventually drive past you, you should be able to bump them around a bit on every play.

-Smak

josh99
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Lol Harden just looked lost, he had no idea where the person he was defending was half the time. Which is great for a off-ball player like JJ Reddick.

pauk
11-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Next Pippen. :bowdown:

FPJ
11-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Everyone already knew this (people who know bball, not bball droolers).

Comparing Wade to this guy right now (Harden can improve and become a lot better) is insane and also shows what a homo Durant really is.

disel
11-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Everyone already knew this (people who know bball, not bball droolers).

Comparing Wade to this guy right now (Harden can improve and become a lot better) is insane and also shows what a homo Durant really is.

I will take Harden over a one legged half washedup Wade as of right now.

Mr Exlax
11-06-2013, 09:04 AM
I can't believe everybody's harping over that one game lol. Hell our entire team played lazy that game. He's picked up the intensity on defense this year. It was clear in the preseason as well. For whatever reason though, the first half against Utah we played lazy and then all game long against the Clipps.

yeaaaman
11-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I can't believe what I just watched. This is NBA level defense? That kind of effort has no place on any basketball court that was flat out embarrassing. I actually laughed out loud on numerous occasions.

Flash31
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Harden and defense
has not happened.

does not exist.

Harden is somehow in the minds of media and fans top 3 sg or better than DWADE without playing one bit of defense

and with the way the media hypes up offense and lowers defense

It's like with the newer stars,defense don't matter
(Curry,Thompson,Griffin,Durant,Harden,Irving,Lopez )
and then you have Kobe,Carmelo,Dirk,Amare playing barely any defense and still getting praised as top players so

in the minds of fans,players

Defense and rankings and whether you're a star don't matter one bit

Harden got a MAX CONTRACT PLAYING 0 DEFENSE.

uNTIL SOMEONE CHEWS hARDEN,dURANT OUT AND MAKE THEM PLAY DEFENSE OR CRITICIZE THEM ABOUT IT,
Defense and Harden won't exist

poido123
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
That was just in one game against their conference rival :roll: :roll:

LOL at that guy who said he's probably an average defender when he tries. You think a game like this he shouldn't be trying? :oldlol:

I think Harden is so overrated.

He does some nice drives and he can shoot the ball, but he also slows the offense with his iso ball and takes shots at very odd times. His defense is lazy and stinks of a guy who only cares for how much he scores in a game.

If this guy learned to play off the ball, cut out his selfish iso plays and actually care more about defense, the Rockets would be so much better.

I was laughing hard watching that video, the defense was that ridiculous :lol

All Net
11-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Circus music was needed in that video.

chips93
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Okay.

i thought he was solid last night in portland

Dro
11-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Circus music was needed in that video.