PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Knicks with 3 moves

Andrew Wiggins
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
it's early but the knicks don't look good at all right now and are in salary cap hell with no amnesty provision left

make 3 moves to make them a legit contender for the elf

3peated
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
murder amare
fire woodson
hire pjax

kNicKz
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Clone Michael Jordan

Sign clone

Hang Banners

Andrew Wiggins
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
murder amare
fire woodson
hire pjax

it'd be interesting to see the knicks in a triangle but i'm not sure they have the pieces to excel in it

JimmyMcAdocious
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/16k1dht.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/vhgiv9.jpg

hawkfan
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Right now, realistically:

1. Sign Jason Collins for size and defense.
2. Trade Amare for Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass.

stax
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM
1. Refuel with chocolate milk
2. ?????
3. Profit

hawkfan
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/16k1dht.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/vhgiv9.jpg

The Spurs lose Duncan, Green and Leonard and only go down by 4 wins.

:lol

kNicKz
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM

What defense?

Josh Powell should have made out roster and not Chris Smith

It's A VC3!!!
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM

2. Trade Amare for Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass.
That's not realistic whatsoever because first of all, why would the Celtics want Amare? Why would the Celtics even make a trade like that when they are rebuilding?

The Knicks are unfixable. Brings joy to my heart.:cheers:

hawkfan
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
What defense?

Josh Powell should have made out roster and not Chris Smith

Two former Hawks, Collins and Powell.

InspiredLebowski
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Spitballing.

Melo + Bargs for Deng + Boozer + pick/Mirotic (that's the sticking point)

let Deng walk

let everybody else walk. that team needs a ground up rebuild, they're not winning shit.

NewYorkNoPicks
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Trade Tyson Chandler to Denver for an expirer or a contract that also expires in '15 and get our 1st round pick for this year back. Tank and draft a stud top 5

Trade Bargnani for an expirer

Buy out Amare for a lesser amount than the remainer of his contract and use the stretch provision to get as far under the cap for 14 and beg LeBron to team with Melo

el gringos
11-06-2013, 04:21 PM
it'd be interesting to see the knicks in a triangle but i'm not sure they have the pieces to excel in it
Don't have the pieces? Carmelo was built for that offense. Jr and Bargnani fit perfect and even shumpert would be better as a triangle pg than he is in any other offense.

The three moves are impossible now w chandler and his broken leg.

You have to get a coach. Phil would be ideal- anyone outside of George Karl would be an upgrade over Woodson.

You have to get a pg- If shumpert can't do it you have to trade him.

Chandler should have been traded while he had value

NewYorkNoPicks
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
You guys need to stop with this Phil jackson bs

Do you realize how listless and disinterested he was in his final season. His hearts not in it anymore.

On top of that he really isnt the right personality for these group of guys, Phils not an in your face coach hes a pacifist

hawkfan
11-06-2013, 04:26 PM
That's not realistic whatsoever because first of all, why would the Celtics want Amare? Why would the Celtics even make a trade like that when they are rebuilding?

Because in 2015, the Celtics get 10 million in salary cap space by getting rid of Wallace's contract.

kshutts1
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Two different routes to rebuild.

One is to get rid of everyone and sign players to fit your plan/scheme.

The other is keep the majority of your roster, but figure out what is "right" and what is "wrong" and try to trim the "wrong".

For the Knicks, I prefer the second. They are 100% championship caliber in three spots: SF (Melo), C (Chandler), bench scorer (JR). Keep those pieces as the core, and build around them.

Who, that is left on the team, has value around the league?
Other option, though, is the Knicks are set up very nicely to have tons of space in two years. Be patient?

niko
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM

In 2015 we have our entire cap free, or Melo and the remainder of the cap free. How is that terrible?

Yung D-Will
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
It depends, honestly at this point the best option is probably to blow up the core, and rebuild. However, I think if the Knicks are trying to salvage what seems like a failed experiment, I think their only real option it to make a play for Rondo. A lot of people I talk to are pretty sure Rondo will be on the market, later in the year, because him and the Celtics are going in different directions. So if this ends up being true, I think the Knicks would have to give up Shump and Felton to aquire him. Even though Knicks fans have a love affair with Shump.

The reason I think they'd do this, is Rondo will be able energize a very stagnant offense, and more importantly you might need a pass first pg creating offense for the bigs, to try and revive Amares career at this point. Even if Amare is dead, which i suspect, I do think a pick and pop game with Rondo and Bargs could be sonewhat effective.

Also on the Boston side, how cool with it be to watch Bradly and Shump harassing whoever has the ball lol.

As far as a second or thirds moves, you gotta get a different coach, maybe a van gundy, because Woodsen isn't capable of salvaging this sinking ship.

InspiredLebowski
11-06-2013, 04:36 PM
wait.

how much sense does Pau + a bit of filler make? think about it.

Yung D-Will
11-06-2013, 04:40 PM
wait.

how much sense does Pau + a bit of filler make? think about it.
If the knicks can get Gasol that would work for them, but only if they can acquire Rondo as well

bagelred
11-06-2013, 04:46 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/o0asyb.png

Magic get a young promising talent in Hardaway, tank even more, and don't take on any real long term salary. Plus, Amare's from Orlando.

Knicks bring more talented bodies to help go for a title right now.....while cutting the Amar'e strings. Afflalo and Big Baby are both smart good players can help right now, without any major long term commitment.

Teanett
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
-fire woodson
-trade Melo
-sign Lionel Hollins

imdaman99
11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
-fire woodson
-trade Melo
-sign Lionel Hollins
I'd be ok with this. What are the Knicks getting back for Melo though?

kshutts1
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8p5ksp

Knicks get:
Boozer

Pelicans get:
Deng

Bulls get:
Amare, Shumpert, Ryan Anderson, Steimsma (it says Jason Smith in the trade, but only because Steimsma can't be traded until Dec 15.), two seconds from New York.

Knicks roll out: Felton, Prigs, Melo, Booze, Chandler, with Bargs, JR, Beno, MWP off the bench.

BoutPractice
11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
It's only 4 games... I think they do have a championship window with their current 'core'. Something like until 2016. They should keep Melo, Chandler, JR and Shumpert, and everyone else should be available. Rondo would definitely be an intriguing option.

CelticBaller
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Sell the Knicks
???
Profit

Eric Cartman
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Sell the Knicks
???
Profit

Even if they are the worst team in the league it would be the stupidest thing ever to do.

CelticBaller
11-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Even if they are the worst team in the league it would be the stupidest thing ever to do.
Yeah, sell one of the most expensives team in the league and let it be someone else's trainwreck.

ofc is stupid :hammerhead:

alexd
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM

Do you realize how listless and disinterested he was in his final season. His hearts not in it anymore.

On top of that he really isnt the right personality for these group of guys, Phils not an in your face coach hes a pacifist
Jackson handled Kobe,Shaq,Pippen,Jordan and Rodman.You think he would have a problem dealing with Knick's roster?

TheReturn
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8p5ksp

Knicks get:
Boozer

Pelicans get:
Deng

Bulls get:
Amare, Shumpert, Ryan Anderson, Steimsma (it says Jason Smith in the trade, but only because Steimsma can't be traded until Dec 15.), two seconds from New York.

Knicks roll out: Felton, Prigs, Melo, Booze, Chandler, with Bargs, JR, Beno, MWP off the bench.
No thanks

Jameerthefear
11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Trade Tyson Chandler to Denver for an expirer or a contract that also expires in '15 and get our 1st round pick for this year back. Tank and draft a stud top 5

Trade Bargnani for an expirer

Buy out Amare for a lesser amount than the remainer of his contract and use the stretch provision to get as far under the cap for 14 and beg LeBron to team with Melo
Denver doesn't want Tyson.

Myth
11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
1. Trade Melo for Lebron
2. Trade Amare for Bosh
3. Trade Shumpert for Wade

Championship

TheMarkMadsen
11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Talk about over reacting.

It's been 5 games, when the Knicks were in first place for the first month on last season we still saw ridiculous threads like this.

Knicks will be fine. They are missing their 2nd leading scorer and Melo has been on a slump. That's it.

NumberSix
11-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Sell the team

Fire everyone

Build from scratch

kurple
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM

you'll have to take mcgee

i'd love tyson in Shaw's system

kshutts1
11-07-2013, 09:34 AM
No thanks
No thanks for which team? The Knicks? That's surprising.

coin24
11-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Im not sure you can fix that team with only 3 moves:oldlol:
Yeah theyre missing JR but hes hot and cold at the best of times..

Melo is in a horrible slump
Hardaway JR needs to stop launching 3s
Shump needs to shoot more, as does Prigs
Amare needs time and extended minutes to get some confidence back
Felton is fat
Metta is Metta, will knock down a few shots, will knock out some of the opposition, dribble the ball off his foot or chuck up an airball. Always entertaining though:cheers:

Woodson needs to get them playing some D instead of standing around, boxing out would help also. I think they can get it together, its still early.
Obviously will be tough with Chandler out, need more mins from Martin off the bench, always brings great energy:rockon:

I think they can still finish top 4..

Pacers
Heat
Nets
Knicks
Bulls (pretenders thanks to cheap owner)
Rest of shitty east

OldSkoolball#52
11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
1. Refuel with chocolate milk
2. ?????
3. Profit

:roll:

To4
11-07-2013, 11:45 AM
They should stop using the ISO Melo... and move the damn ball. always stagnant, and they need to be more assertive in defense..

Le Shaqtus
11-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I can do it in one.

1. Disband the franchise.

Bandito
11-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I still say the problem with the Knicks is that they don't have a good pg. Melo is not a playmaker hes a scorer and they dont no one to play that role. They are good in everything else though.

el gringos
11-07-2013, 12:44 PM

You don't have to be "in your face" to challenge players and put them in position to get the most of them.

Am I right that the Knicks have a business man in their gm role? Give Phil the gm title and control of roster and make him coach atleast the next season and a half.

The triangle fits the personal perfectly. (Outside of Felton and chandler, but whose offense do they fit) (amare isn't even a factor)

Bandito
11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
You don't have to be "in your face" to challenge players and put them in position to get the most of them.

Am I right that the Knicks have a business man in their gm role? Give Phil the gm title and control of roster and make him coach atleast the next season and a half.

The triangle fits the personal perfectly. (Outside of Felton and chandler, but whose offense do they fit) (amare isn't even a factor)
I think with the triangle offense will fit perfectly with this team bcause they dont have a good pg and that offense doesnt really need one. Plus they have good enough shooters and Melo is a good post presence and a good passer which is all they need from their star.

Teanett
11-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd be ok with this. What are the Knicks getting back for Melo though?

i'm not sure. it depends on the situation of other franchises. maybe you luck and ricky rubio or kevin love want to leave minny, or orlando thinks it's going nowhere with vujacic. maybe chicago needs more offense, maybe rondo needs a new situation.
whatever it is, i think the woodson/melo combination is a waste of time. i'd be happy to get rid of them and no superstar in return. tony allen and mike conley?

Brokenbeat
11-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Sell the team

Fire everyone

Build from scratch

I'd even burn down MSG just to get rid of the bad mojo. :D