11-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I can only think of 4 atm:

1. Manute Bol
2. Wesley Snipes
3. Idi Amin
4. Djimon Hounsou

Myth
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/whattheflick/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/white_chicks0.jpg

DuMa
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Bird
Dirk
Nash
Stockton
McHale
West
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Walton
Love

NumberSix
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Bird
Dirk
Nash
Stockton
McHale
West
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Walton
Love
No Havlicek? Niqqa has 8 of dem thangs.

#number6ix#
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Bird
Dirk
Nash
Stockton
McHale
West
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Walton
Love
Take k love off and add Rick Barry and that's a solid list

scm5
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Bird
Dirk
Nash
Stockton
McHale
West
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Walton
Love

Bird
West
Dirk
Stockton
McHale
Nash
Walton
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Love

NumberSix
11-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Bird
West
Dirk
Stockton
McHale
Nash
Walton
Pistol Pete
Mullin
Love
You think Kevin Love is better than Rick Barry? Rick should be no lower than #3.

CavaliersFTW
11-06-2013, 06:50 PM
A lot of dumbasses in here need to learn about Bob Pettit.... I mean, Kevin Love is getting mentions, but not a single whisper of 2x MVP NBA Champion Pettit?

fpliii
11-06-2013, 06:55 PM
lol not into race shit, but:

Bird
West
Walton
Pettit
Dirk
Barry
Havlicek
Stockton
Nash
McHale

would likely be my picks.

DuMa
my pick of Love is based on what i think how his career will finish out. not on what he accomplished already. otherwise I would have picked some other old white fart

Eric Cartman
no racial

kennethgriffin
11-06-2013, 07:02 PM
#1 larry bird
#2 jerry west
#3 bob pettit
#4 bob cousy
#5 john stockton
#6 john havlicek
#7 rick barry
#8 Dirk Nowitzki
#9 Bill Walton
#10 Kevin Mchale

cant believe no one said cousy yet.

the guy is firmly in the top 19-20 range all time

NBA MVP
10 time first team all NBA
6 time NBA champion
13 time allstar

CavaliersFTW
11-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I'll play along because if I don't certain deserving names will be omitted:

Larry Bird
Jerry West
Rick Barry
Bob Pettit
John Havlicek
Dirk Nowitzki
Bill Walton
Bob Cousy
Steve Nash
George Mikan - if not Mikan because he played in an 'all-white' era or w/e than how about John Stockton or Pete Maravich.

And there are like a dozen more historical players that should be thrown out before anyone honestly resorts to 'Kevin Love' who has only played like 4 or 5 seasons made zero playoff appearances and only ever won a rebounding title :facepalm

kennethgriffin
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Larry Bird
Jerry West
Rick Barry
Bob Pettit
John Havlicek
Dirk Nowitzki
Bill Walton
Bob Cousy
Steve Nash
George Mikan - if not Mikan because he played in an 'all-white' era or w/e than how about John Stockton or Pete Maravich.

And there are like a dozen more historical players that should be thrown out before anyone honestly resorts to 'Kevin Love' who has only played like 4 or 5 seasons made zero playoff appearances and only ever won a rebounding title :facepalm

i thought about putting mikan on my list... but he didnt play long enough. he had half the length of a normal HOF career

and with 60's titles getting a bit less value. 50's titles are even more discriminated

the lakers dont even take much credit for them and instead of hanging up 5 more banners they just have 1 on the side with a small discription summing them up like theyre an afterthought

for good reason

i put cousy somewhere in the middle of my list only cause of that. if 2 of cousys titles didnt come in the 50's then i'd have him as the 2nd greatest white player ever and a top 11-12 goat overall

fpliii
11-06-2013, 08:18 PM
i thought about putting mikan on my list... but he didnt play long enough. he had half the length of a normal HOF career

and with 60's titles getting a bit less value. 50's titles are even more discriminated

the lakers dont even take much credit for them and instead of hanging up 5 more banners they just have 1 on the side with a small discription summing them up like theyre an afterthought

for good reason

i put cousy somewhere in the middle of my list only cause of that. if 2 of cousys titles didnt come in the 50's then i'd have him as the 2nd greatest white player ever and a top 11-12 goat overall

While I agree about having difficulty crediting pre-shotclock greats as much as guys from 54-55 to the present, I have to correct you about something. The reason the titles from Mikan's era aren't given proper banners is because those titles were won while the team was in Minneapolis. The Lakers started playing in LA for the 60-61 season (Jerry West's rookie year), and the 72 title was the first in their current city.

kNicKz
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Kevin Garnett is definitely up there

LAZERUSS
11-06-2013, 09:47 PM
I see that Kevin Love was mentioned, and for those that did not see play in the 60's and early 70's...Love was playing back then. Only he went by the name of Jerry Lucas. Lucas is almost always under-rated in any of these "all-time" discussions, but at his peak, he was one of the greatest rebounders of all-time.

Furthermore, look up the term "Lucas-Layup." The man easily had what would be three-point range in today's game.

It's always fascinating when I read topics involving Cousy or Havlicek, and those that claim that they could not play in today's NBA, and yet we have had players like Love and Nash running away with either rebounding, or apg titles (and both were winning in 36 mpg or less.)

Lucas was nearly the same height, with the same athleticism as Love, and with the same skill-set. If Love could dominate the NBA backboards in this era, Lucas would have been capable of the same, as well.

Another relatively unknown "white" player was Tom Chambers, who was 6-10, and with an outstanding vertical. And while he didn't have Bird's skill-set, he was definitely a more physically talented player.

Round Mound
11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
I see that Kevin Love was mentioned, and for those that did not see play in the 60's and early 70's...Love was playing back then. Only he went by the name of Jerry Lucas. Lucas is almost always under-rated in any of these "all-time" discussions, but at his peak, he was one of the greatest rebounders of all-time.

Furthermore, look up the term "Lucas-Layup." The man easily had what would be three-point range in today's game.

It's always fascinating when I read topics involving Cousy or Havlicek, and those that claim that they could not play in today's NBA, and yet we have had players like Love and Nash running away with either rebounding, or apg titles (and both were winning in 36 mpg or less.)

Lucas was nearly the same height, with the same athleticism as Love, and with the same skill-set. If Love could dominate the NBA backboards in this era, Lucas would have been capable of the same, as well.

Another relatively unknown "white" player was Tom Chambers, who was 6-10, and with an outstanding vertical. And while he didn't have Bird's skill-set, he was definitely a more physically talented player.

:applause:

aj1987
11-06-2013, 10:53 PM

Larry Bird
Jerry West
Rick Barry
Bob Pettit
John Havlicek
Dirk Nowitzki
Bill Walton
Bob Cousy
Steve Nash

:applause: Repped.

kennethgriffin
11-06-2013, 11:05 PM
:applause: Repped.

you just repped a guy who put nash over bob cousy and kevin mchale

red1
11-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Bill Walton is extremely underrated. He wouldve been a beast playing in the modern era

red1
11-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Jeremy Lin is up there too

DCL
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
karl malone

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0507/gl_g_karlmts_576.jpg

LosBulls
11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
A lot of dumbasses in here need to learn about Bob Pettit.... I mean, Kevin Love is getting mentions, but not a single whisper of 2x MVP NBA Champion Pettit?
Oh wow 2 MVPs in the 60s!

What an accomplishment!

Deuce Bigalow
11-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Bird
West
Mikan
Pettit
Dirk
Barry
Havlicek
Stockton
Cousy
Nash

aj1987
11-06-2013, 11:27 PM
you just repped a guy who put nash over bob cousy and kevin mchale
I should've bolded out this part.

And there are like a dozen more historical players that should be thrown out before anyone honestly resorts to 'Kevin Love' who has only played like 4 or 5 seasons made zero playoff appearances and only ever won a rebounding title

His list is out of order though. I hope.

Cowboy Thunder
11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oyRTHseHYaA/Uc3OhVQoZkI/AAAAAAAAC-I/r7XMr_QItoE/s954/StevenAdams.png

kennethgriffin
11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
While I agree about having difficulty crediting pre-shotclock greats as much as guys from 54-55 to the present, I have to correct you about something. The reason the titles from Mikan's era aren't given proper banners is because those titles were won while the team was in Minneapolis. The Lakers started playing in LA for the 60-61 season (Jerry West's rookie year), and the 72 title was the first in their current city.

thats common knowledge

but i dont think its the only reason

i still say the 50's titles are all on one banner cause theyre not worth much

if the lakers moved tomorrow to another city. theyed keep their regular banners from LA

fpliii
11-06-2013, 11:33 PM
thats common knowledge

if the lakers moved tomorrow to another city. theyed keep their regular banners from LA

What if, say, the Rockets or Mavericks moved? Would they put banners up in the new city?

aj1987
11-06-2013, 11:36 PM
thats common knowledge

That's just stupid. 30 years from now, are you gonna say that the Lakers 5 titles in the '00's are not worth as much as a title won in 2043?

ILLsmak
11-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Yea I mean if you're gonna talk about all of the old school guys like Bill and Wilt, then you gotta talk about Mikan. It's just as laughable to say "Yeah, but he couldn't have played in today's NBA... but the other guys could." lol.

By doing that, you basically validate everyone saying now that Wilt would be Deandre Jordan. Mikan did work, he was like the first real star in the NBA. No way to tell what would happen if you took him into today's NBA or the 80s-90s NBA.

-Smak

inclinerator
11-07-2013, 03:16 AM
http://www.desibucket.com/db2/01/20701/20701.jpg
http://www.allgoats.com/images/sa1.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Domestic_goat_feeding_on_capeweed.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Domestic_goat_feeding_on_capeweed.jpg
http://p1.pichost.me/640/19/1420421.jpg
http://www.dvice.com/sites/dvice/files/styles/content_panes_media/public/images/goat-kid.jpg?itok=4nuba027
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/122/291467411_e3efc4e1be_b.jpg

pauk
11-07-2013, 04:41 AM
NBA accomplishments:

1. Larry Bird
2. Jerry West
3. Bob Pettit
4. George Mikan
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Rick Barry
7. Bill Walton
8. Bob Cousy
9. John Stockton
10. Steve Nash

Talent/Skills at their best:

1. Larry Bird
2. Drazen Petrovic
3. Arvydas Sabonis
4. Jerry West
5. Pete Maravich
6. Oscar Schmidt
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. John Stockton
9. Bill Walton
10. Steve Nash

AI Thornton
11-07-2013, 05:28 AM
3rd page and no mention of Scal?

red1
11-07-2013, 05:37 AM
3rd page and no mention of Scal?
Scal transcends race. He is arguably the black and asian GOAT as well. This thread is purely for white players

SHAQisGOAT
11-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Looking at my all-time list, when considering everything it would be something like

1. Bird
2. West
3. Hondo
4. Dirk (if including euros)
5. Pettit (won't be mad if above Dirk)
6. Barry (can see him higher also)
7. Walton (longevity hurts him)
8. Cousy
9. Cowens
10. Mikan (6'10, mobile enough, could hit ft's, had skill in the post, could rebound and pass but he dropped too much when the shot-clock was introduced so can't put him higher)

hm: Nash, Stockton McHale, Maravich...

Of course as far as primes/peaks, it would've been a different list.

1. Larry Bird
2. Drazen Petrovic
3. Arvydas Sabonis
4. Jerry West
5. Pete Maravich
6. Oscar Schmidt
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. John Stockton
9. Bill Walton
10. Steve Nash

:roll: :roll:

Walton definitely had the best peak for anyone not named Bird there. What a joke to have him at 9th.

Petro in front of West or Pistol Pete? Just no.

Oscar Schmidt at 6th but where the **** is Hondo?

pauk
11-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Looking at my all-time list, when considering everything it would be something like

1. Bird
2. West
3. Hondo
4. Dirk (if including euros)
5. Pettit (won't be mad if above Dirk)
6. Barry (can see him higher also)
7. Walton (longevity hurts him)
8. Cousy
9. Cowens
10. Mikan (6'10, mobile enough, could hit ft's, had skill in the post, could rebound and pass but he dropped too much when the shot-clock was introduced so can't put him higher)

hm: Nash, Stockton McHale, Maravich...

Of course as far as primes/peaks, it would've been a different list.

:roll: :roll:

Walton definitely had the best peak for anyone not named Bird there. What a joke to have him at 9th.

Petro in front of West or Pistol Pete? Just no.

Oscar Schmidt at 6th but where the **** is Hondo?

Unfortunately that opinion of yours happens to be so for majority of Americans.... considering you have not had the availability of most of their games in their primes.... me as a Yugo have seen it all baby, over and over, wasnt around to see them live in their absolute prime LIVE (mid 80s), well was around, but just a toddler, but my father thankfully happened to be a huge bball fan & coach he recorded it all, that VCR of mine was glowing red hot watching all those tapes... trust me when i say Petro/Sabonis/Schmidt were that good (especially Petro), at least from my point of view... but then again have not seen enough of Jerry West / Pistol Pete, except for highlight games, too small sample to work with, especially from guys like Cousy/Walton/Pettit/Mikan/Barry....

PS: Yes, forgot John Havlicek.... thought i was missing somebody, damn...

Sakkreth
11-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't see Chris Mullin listed in any recent list. He def needs to be in there somewhere. From 87-93 he averaged over 20ppg and was inducted to the hall of fame in 2011.

He was great, but it's top 10 we are talking about.

pudman13
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I'll play. One caveat---I'm leaving Mikan out because he's kind of my timeline between the old game and the modern game:

Peak value:

1. Bird
2. Walton
3. West
4. Barry
5. Nowitzki
6. Maravich
7. Pettit
8. Stockton
9. Havlicek
10. McHale
Honorable mention: (tie) Petrovic/Sabonis

I can't say I know enough about Schmidt to have a clue. Re honorable mention--it's likely that they would have shown more had they played in the NBA at the proper time, kind of a Connie Hawkins situation (could he have been a top 10 all time NBA? you never know).

Career value:

1. Bird
2. West
3. Stockton
4. Havlicek
5. Pettit
6. Barry
7. Nowitzki
8. Cousy
9. Nash
10. Green tie: Cowens/McHale

All this talk about Chris Mullin...I dunno. It's arguable that he was never the best player on a really good team. If you consider him you should probably also consider people like Gail Goodrich or Bobby Jones (a guy whose stats simply don't tell the whole story...another who falls into that category is DeBusschere.) Heck, I'm not even sure I rate Mullin higher than Kiki Vandeweghe or Dan Issel or peak Kelly Tripucka or Paul Westphal... Westphal was the best player on a team that made it to the finals.

Also...I can't believe anyone would seriously rate Nash over Stockton.

FKAri
11-07-2013, 02:25 PM
That's just stupid. 30 years from now, are you gonna say that the Lakers 5 titles in the '00's are not worth as much as a title won in 2043?

In an era where every player is genetically enhanced to be perfect and league popularity is 5x as high as it is now then yes those titles mean way more than anything those genetic failures Shaq and Kobe achieved.

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2013, 02:27 PM
The 3x baddest white guys ever:

1) Bird
2) West
3) Stockton

scm5
11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
You think Kevin Love is better than Rick Barry? Rick should be no lower than #3.

Oops, forgot about Rick Barry, my bad.

CavaliersFTW
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.desibucket.com/db2/01/20701/20701.jpg
http://www.allgoats.com/images/sa1.jpg
http://p1.pichost.me/640/19/1420421.jpg
http://www.dvice.com/sites/dvice/files/styles/content_panes_media/public/images/goat-kid.jpg?itok=4nuba027
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/122/291467411_e3efc4e1be_b.jpg
best list of the thread so far :applause:

aj1987
11-07-2013, 04:06 PM
In an era where every player is genetically enhanced to be perfect and league popularity is 5x as high as it is now then yes those titles mean way more than anything those genetic failures Shaq and Kobe achieved.
I was gonna post a billion word reply and then I saw your user title.

@pauk, I didn't see Petrovic play, but I did read about him a bit. Didn't he play in the NBA during his prime? His career was cut short tragically (RIP), but he did 2 whole seasons in the NBA, right? According to what I read, he was a good scorer and not much else. He definitely is not top 10 worthy.

Sabonis is not better than Walton, Nowitzki, West, etc. :facepalm

FKAri
11-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I was gonna post a billion word reply and then I saw your user title.

@pauk, I didn't see Petrovic play, but I did read about him a bit. Didn't he play in the NBA during his prime? His career was cut short tragically (RIP), but he did 2 whole seasons in the NBA, right? According to what I read, he was a good scorer and not much else. He definitely is not top 10 worthy.

Sabonis is not better than Walton, Nowitzki, West, etc. :facepalm

It hasn't been as much fun since I put it up :(

RoundMoundOfReb
11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
NBA accomplishments:

1. Larry Bird
2. Jerry West
3. Bob Pettit
4. George Mikan
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Rick Barry
7. Bill Walton
8. Bob Cousy
9. John Stockton
10. Steve Nash

1. Larry Bird
2. Drazen Petrovic
3. Arvydas Sabonis
4. Jerry West
5. Pete Maravich
6. Oscar Schmidt
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. John Stockton
9. Bill Walton
10. Steve Nash

Bill Walton probably has a top 10 peak all time amongst ALL players let alone white players. Pete Maravich over him? ****ing joke.