PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it seem like an odd coincidence that the best substances are unhealthy?

-p.tiddy-
11-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Most delicious foods? red meat, sugar, butter, etc...mostly unhealthy, and mostly delicious...why couldn't it be the green veggies that are unhealthy and the red meat that was healthy? bummer

Recreational drugs and alcohol for the most part are unhealthy...where is the drug with an intense high that is very healthy in general? pot you say? nah

Could you imagine if there was a drug with a high like ecstasy that was shown to have major health benefits?...was shown to increase life expectancy, make you smarter, etc...I wonder how society would treat that a drug like that

I know some drugs have been shown to have health benefits in moderation..."a glass of wine" etc...but for the most part they are more harmful than helpful

anywho...just wanted to rant

brantonli
11-06-2013, 07:25 PM
A reason why we crave fat and sweets is because back in stone age, those substances were incredibly hard to get, but still essential, so to motivate us to find those nutrients, the brain would make it more tasty to eat sweet and fatty things, which was rare to get. This instinct has basically stayed with us, except it's MUCH easier to produce these kinds of food.

highwhey
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
They are bad for our health when we consume them too often. We simply have to apply the same principle of moderation to those foods and substances. I get what you're saying though, eating a greasy burger with soda will make me feel like sht afterwards (in terms of energy).

I'm a big fan of red meat btw, it's not as bad if you consume the cuts with trimmed fat. Plus, from what I've read, red meat contains a lot of minerals.

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Grass-fed red meat, sugar cane, and grass-fed butter are not unhealthy.

-p.tiddy-
11-06-2013, 07:41 PM
A reason why we crave fat and sweets is because back in stone age, those substances were incredibly hard to get, but still essential, so to motivate us to find those nutrients, the brain would make it more tasty to eat sweet and fatty things, which was rare to get. This instinct has basically stayed with us, except it's MUCH easier to produce these kinds of food.
yeah...that makes sense

:(

tmacattack33
11-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Most delicious foods? red meat, sugar, butter, etc...mostly unhealthy, and mostly delicious...why couldn't it be the green veggies that are unhealthy and the red meat that was healthy? bummer

Recreational drugs and alcohol for the most part are unhealthy...where is the drug with an intense high that is very healthy in general? pot you say? nah

Could you imagine if there was a drug with a high like ecstasy that was shown to have major health benefits?...was shown to increase life expectancy, make you smarter, etc...I wonder how society would treat that a drug like that

I know some drugs have been shown to have health benefits in moderation..."a glass of wine" etc...but for the most part they are more harmful than helpful

anywho...just wanted to rant

Yes.

Out_In_Utah
11-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Coincidence? No. It is just proof that God hates us.

miller-time
11-06-2013, 07:52 PM
They're not unhealthy, it is that we are having them in super concentrated forms. It also depends on the situation. If you are starving and isolated it'd be infinitely more healthy to eat McDonald's all day than eat nothing.

I've never enjoyed drugs so to me they are not the best substances. Alcohol is fine in moderation. And sometimes it is healthy for your mental well being. Sometimes you need it to take the edge off after a hard and stressful week.