PDA

View Full Version : James Harden warned for flopping

DuMa
11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
play in question.

http://i.imgur.com/6oBrEhc.gif

so who says NBA dont call stars out for flopping?

KyleKong
11-07-2013, 02:51 PM
a $5,000 fine isn't going to stop star players from flopping, that is toilet paper money to them.

5% of your total salary per flop would end the flopping instantly IMO.

bdreason
11-07-2013, 02:58 PM
This guy flops AT LEAST 5 times per game.

DuMa
11-07-2013, 03:10 PM
This guy flops AT LEAST 5 times per game.

whats funny is that it will never be on defense

KungFuJoe
11-07-2013, 04:35 PM
At least Harden is a team player who hustles on D.

Wait a sec....

RoundMoundOfReb
11-07-2013, 04:35 PM
LOL

RoundMoundOfReb
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
a $5,000 fine isn't going to stop star players from flopping, that is toilet paper money to them.

5% of your total salary per flop would end the flopping instantly IMO.
So you're gonna fine someone a million dollars for a flop?!?

longtime lurker
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
They need to start handing out suspensions for flopping. Do it like technical fouls where you get a certain amount of warnings you get suspended. 5000 dollars is nothing and just a pathetic money grab.

KungFuJoe
11-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I saw that play when it happened. Called out the flop right away.

What's even more disgraceful is how he flopped around like a fish out of water afterwards.

I just can't respect someone who goes so far out of their way just to get a foul called.

NumberSix
11-07-2013, 05:02 PM
They need to start handing out suspensions for flopping. Do it like technical fouls where you get a certain amount of warnings you get suspended. 5000 dollars is nothing and just a pathetic money grab.
I agree. A flop should be a tech

KyleKong
11-07-2013, 05:02 PM
So you're gonna fine someone a million dollars for a flop?!?

That would stop the flopping, wouldn't it?

brantonli
11-07-2013, 05:04 PM
While I normally hate flopping, I wasn't sure if that was a flop, because afterwards when Harden went to take hte free throw, he was still blinking heavily like his eye had been poked. Exaggeration of course, but I think there was some contact with his face.

DuMa
11-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree. A flop should be a tech

it was a tech.

on Mathews

Fresh Kid
11-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Lebron hasnt been warned yet??:biggums: :confusedshrug:

Ai2death
11-07-2013, 05:15 PM
While I normally hate flopping, I wasn't sure if that was a flop, because afterwards when Harden went to take hte free throw, he was still blinking heavily like his eye had been poked. Exaggeration of course, but I think there was some contact with his face.

They slowed it right down on the replay, dudes hand was about 4" from Hardens face.
Hardens just a good actor... but clearly not good enough.

Also, there has been some horrendous flops this year already. If your able to search back to who the nba has fined for flopping this year, some of them are rather special that's for sure.

Anyone know if there is a link to the offenders this season alone?

DuMa
11-07-2013, 05:18 PM
They slowed it right down on the replay, dudes hand was about 4" from Hardens face.

Also, there has been some horrendous flops this year already. If your able to search back to who the nba has fined for flopping this year, some of them are rather special that's for sure.

Anyone know if there is a link to the offenders this season alone?
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24198773/rockets-james-harden-receives-flop-warning

russwest0
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
so who says NBA dont call stars out for flopping?

How many times has LeBron been fined for flopping, just once last year?

Yeah, the people working at the league office are lazy asses and in addition to that, no one wants to be the guy to go to their boss with evidence of a LeBron flop because their boss doesn't wanna hear from Stern about it.

Harden is a little easier to crack down on, since he's essentially Ginobli as opposed to the face of the league.

bmd
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM

Anyone know if there is a link to the offenders this season alone?That's not true about the replay. I watched the game and replayed it several times.

You cannot tell if his hand makes contact or not because the close-up view is out of the camera's frame when the "contact" took place.

disel
11-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Chris Paul and Griffin get no mention?. The league is a joke.

Ai2death
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
That's not true about the replay. I watched the game and replayed it several times.

You cannot tell if his hand makes contact or not because the close-up view is out of the camera's frame when the "contact" took place.

I watched the game, I saw the replays, look pretty clear to me. But :confusedshrug:

He was due for a flopping warning sooner rather than later.

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Al Horford should have got one as well against the Kings

DuMa
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Chris Paul and Griffin get no mention?. The league is a joke.

Chris Paul did get warned last season for this one

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/03/21/bbops-chris-paul-flop-031913.nba/

LEAGUE AINT A JOKE FOOL

Smoke117
11-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Good. Nobody gets more bullshit ft's then this bitch.