PDA

View Full Version : Has any superstar been less respected for their accomplishments than Rose

demons2005
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
And it's not like he's a bad guy like some previous maligned superstars by all accounts hes a great hardworking humble kid., but still there are 90% of posters blabbing on negatively about him and even when he won MVP they were nitpicking him and saying stupid things. Is it because he plays in Chicago and isn't MJ? Is it really just because of preconceived positional notions? Honestly i can't explain it. I hate to bring race into the question but is that a factor?

The guy is the nicest humblest superstar of the generation, has never said anything bad to the media or said anything remotely controversial, is THE YOUNGEST MVP IN NBA HISTORY and some people still disrespect him like a scrub. I know it's a rough start to this season but people arent even talking about this season they are saying things about preinjury rose that are just stupid

RoundMoundOfReb
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes. Chris Paul - by you.

Rik Smits' Hair
11-07-2013, 07:44 PM

:lebronamazed:

NumberSix
11-07-2013, 07:45 PM
InB4 "LeBron" or "Kobe"

DMAVS41
11-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Sure.

Dirk...especially by Rose fans.

They claim Rose is better than Dirk ever was. Considering they say Rose was better in 2011...and 2011 was arguably Dirk's best year. I think he was better in others, but that is besides the point.

So yea...Dirk has accomplished a lot more than Rose..and gets less respect.

OldSkoolball#52
11-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Dennis Rodman

Yes hes in the HOF. And still he is criminally underrated.

NumberSix
11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
And it's not like he's a bad guy like some previous maligned superstars by all accounts hes a great hardworking humble kid., but still there are 90% of posters blabbing on negatively about him and even when he won MVP they were nitpicking him and saying stupid things. Is it because he plays in Chicago and isn't MJ? Is it really just because of preconceived positional notions? Honestly i can't explain it. I hate to bring race into the question but is that a factor?

The guy is the nicest humblest superstar of the generation, has never said anything bad to the media or said anything remotely controversial, is THE YOUNGEST MVP IN NBA HISTORY and some people still disrespect him like a scrub. I know it's a rough start to this season but people arent even talking about this season they are saying things about preinjury rose that are just stupid
How the fcuk is Rose "humble"? This niqqa said at the begging of the season that he's the best player in the NBA. Even fcuking LeBron doesn't say that shit.

This dude has done nothing but brag about how awesome he is, he's faster, jumps higher, shoots better, he's the best player..... There's nothing humble about this guy at all.

Rik Smits' Hair
11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
If we are being serious I would have to say Tim Duncan. Not so much by the fans of basketball, but by the talking heads and media machine.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
The only thing that he's done that's especially noteworthy is his MVP, which I believe was undeserved. So I'm never going to appreciate him for that. Otherwise, really, he's as good as Westbrook is.

NumberSix
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Sure.

They claim Rose is better than Dirk ever was. Considering they say Rose was better in 2011...and 2011 was arguably Dirk's best year. I think he was better in others, but that is besides the point.

Diagree. NOBODY outside of Rose-buds and and dumbass Bulls homers think Rose is on Dirk's level.

comerb
11-07-2013, 07:51 PM

:cheers:

DMAVS41
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Diagree. NOBODY outside of Rose-buds and and dumbass Bulls homers think Rose is on Dirk's level.

Yea, that is why I said Rose fans. Hopefully the rest don't fall victim to the narrative that Rose is on that level.

tmacattack33
11-07-2013, 07:56 PM

I can.

The way in which he was annointed a super-star by the media and given countless endorsement deals and tv commercials is disproportionate to what he actually does on the court.

Ask random people on the street who Derrick Rose is. Then ask them who Russell Westbrook is. Many more will know about Rose, even though Westbrook is his equal on the bball court if not better.

memetherapy
11-07-2013, 08:01 PM
I hate to bring race into the question but is that a factor?

Is this mother****er straight up retarded?:facepalm

greymatter
11-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Stupid question.

Rose won MVP while not even being a top 5 player in the league. (LBJ, Durant, D12, Dwade, Kobe, and arguably CP3).

SpecialQue
11-07-2013, 10:36 PM

Aaaaaaaand were done here.

Flash31
11-07-2013, 11:12 PM
A superstar less respected for their accomplishments than Rose,yep
simple answer-

DWYANE WADE

3 Championships
1 Finals MVP
1 Scoring Title,
multiple all team,all d,all star selections

the GOAT SHOT BLOCKER

And yet on here and in the media he gets treated like crap
Every single Year for the past 4 years theyve been saying he's declined,he doesn't have it,he's "Robin",he's washed up.

DRose no matter what gets praise by the media and most fans.He can do no wrong.

Wade can do no right.He has a good game,oh it's expected so nobody talks about it.He has a good stretch,the media doesn't mention it.

He has ONE BAD GAME,all the talk is he's declined,washed up,doesn't have it,old.

So yeah.

Superstars less respected than DRose

Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard
Marc Gasol
Tony Parker

DMAVS41
11-07-2013, 11:25 PM
A superstar less respected for their accomplishments than Rose,yep
simple answer-

DWYANE WADE

3 Championships
1 Finals MVP
1 Scoring Title,
multiple all team,all d,all star selections

the GOAT SHOT BLOCKER

And yet on here and in the media he gets treated like crap
Every single Year for the past 4 years theyve been saying he's declined,he doesn't have it,he's "Robin",he's washed up.

DRose no matter what gets praise by the media and most fans.He can do no wrong.

Wade can do no right.He has a good game,oh it's expected so nobody talks about it.He has a good stretch,the media doesn't mention it.

He has ONE BAD GAME,all the talk is he's declined,washed up,doesn't have it,old.

So yeah.

Superstars less respected than DRose

Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard
Marc Gasol
Tony Parker

Good call on Wade.

Bosh isn't a superstar though.

nnn123
11-07-2013, 11:33 PM
OP,

You mean "is Rose the most disrespected on ISH"

The rest of the world respects Rose, only on ISH is everyone a veteran NBA analyst

ProfessorMurder
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
the GOAT SHOT BLOCKER

Marc Gasol
Tony Parker

:durantunimpressed:

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Sure.

What Rose fans have said this?

Flash31
11-08-2013, 12:00 AM
:durantunimpressed:

DWADE is the GOAT Shot Blocking Guard

Maybe M Gasol isn't a superstar
but Tony Parker come on

Criminally underrated,and if he was playing for a more highlighted,hyped team and not the 2nd most disrespected team in the league and the onethat everybody disregards He would get seen as a SUPERSTAR.

And Tim Duncan wasn't seen as a superstar either and still isnt.How is the GOAT PF not seen as a supertstar,

Media,hYPE PLAY A HUGE PART IN THAT.aND WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING FOR THE sPURS,EH.

Ai2death
11-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol & Dennis Rodman

Go Getter
11-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Adrian Dantley, Dikembe Mutumbo, Mo Cheeks, Dennis Johnson.

nathanjizzle
11-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Sure.

:facepalm rose fans dont bring up dirk, hes not even relevant to us. your the one bringing him in the convo about rose.

TheCorporation
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
He won an MVP, what more do you want?

Qwyjibo
11-09-2013, 04:06 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to demons2005 again.
Really? Damn. I could've sworn that was long ago.

Frozen1
11-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Two clear names come to me, but i think there is more:

-Dwyane Wade: Finals MVP, 3 rings, scoring champion, will retire without any MVP and that

Flash31
11-09-2013, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]Two clear names come to me, but i think there is more:

-Dwyane Wade: Finals MVP, 3 rings, scoring champion, will retire without any MVP and that

Crafty
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Dirk.

3peated
11-09-2013, 05:43 PM
rose isn't a superstar honestly. all-star maybe, but not a superstar. he still cannot shoot, and is a turnover machine. if he was on a team without a coach who preached defense as hard as thibbs does, he wouldn't be anything more than an athletic chucker.

DMAVS41
11-09-2013, 05:51 PM
really, and I'm serious with this...what accomplishments?

He's done nothing more to date than James Harden or Gilbert Arenas objectively. He had the fortune of playing on a stacked defensive/rebounding team that allowed him to win a ton of regular season games in 2011.

The list of guys that have had as good of seasons as Rose in 2011 is too long to even list.

Outside of that...he's done nothing...but get injured and shoot his teams out of vital playoff games.

Carbine
11-09-2013, 06:00 PM
really, and I'm serious with this...what accomplishments?

He's done nothing more to date than James Harden or Gilbert Arenas objectively. He had the fortune of playing on a stacked defensive/rebounding team that allowed him to win a ton of regular season games in 2011.

The list of guys that have had as good of seasons as Rose in 2011 is too long to even list.

Outside of that...he's done nothing...but get injured and shoot his teams out of vital playoff games.

His teams win pace is far greater with him than without him prior to the start of this year. That's value, I think.

Numbers are just numbers. It's about impact....on wins. Pretty apparent he does this to a heavy degree. KBlaze has gone into detail with this before.

He has done nothing in relation to players he probably shouldn't be compared to (yet) but that means little to nothing right now. Use that stuff when he's in the twilight of his career or after his career is over.

He just turned 25. How many guys that age have a MVP and 3 all-star selections under their belt? List is probably less than 10.

DMAVS41
11-09-2013, 06:26 PM
His teams win pace is far greater with him than without him prior to the start of this year. That's value, I think.

Numbers are just numbers. It's about impact....on wins. Pretty apparent he does this to a heavy degree. KBlaze has gone into detail with this before.

He has done nothing in relation to players he probably shouldn't be compared to (yet) but that means little to nothing right now. Use that stuff when he's in the twilight of his career or after his career is over.

He just turned 25. How many guys that age have a MVP and 3 all-star selections under their belt? List is probably less than 10.

Impact on wins?

I don't see it. The Bulls had a 55 win pace without him in 12. Won 45 without him in 13...with a worse team than the Bulls had in 11 and 12 in my opinion.

I'm not saying he adds no value. I've never said that. I'm asking what he has done so far to warrant the hype? I don't see it...all I see is a circumstance of 2011 leading to the over-rating of a player in part because of Lebron/Howard hate...and Rose playing in a major market.

Even on EWA in 2011...Rose ranks well below the best guys. I actually don't love that stat, but it's just yet another thing in which Rose comes off as over-rated.

Like, for real, how much better was 2011 Rose than 2013 Harden or 2013 Curry? Try to quantify it as best you can. I'm just curious...because it just seems like the MVP changes things...and getting a MVP does not make one player better than another. It matters what the players actually do. So I'm asking...strictly in basketball terms...not because one was the MVP and the other doesn't...compare them.

I'm assuming you'll admit that Durant is clearly better than Rose...yet Rose has a MVP.

TheCorporation
11-09-2013, 10:16 PM
James"Ive Never Played Defense in my Life"Harden

and this lazy mfer plays 0 Defense,He makes David lee,Steve Nash,and
Perkins look like all time goat defenders

This shit made me lol :lol :lol

maybeshewill13
11-09-2013, 10:27 PM
What accomplishments?