PDA

View Full Version : Are Pacers better than Heat? Espn insider..

All Net
11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Insider article

Anybody care to post it?

crunk-juice
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
ESPN Insider
Article

Are Pacers better than Heat?

Are Pacers better than Heat? Yes, they are.

ESPN 2013

Dro
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I hate ESPN, such bandwagoners...Even though we're 5-0, I'm still not going to sit here and say we are better than the Heat. A part of me feels we are the best team in the NBA and the other part of me says the Heat are still the best come playoff time because of Lebron and Lebron only.

Mr Exlax
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I hate ESPN, such bandwagoners...Even though we're 5-0, I'm still not going to sit here and say we are better than the Heat. A part of me feels we are the best team in the NBA and the other part of me says the Heat are still the best come playoff time because of Lebron and Lebron only.

I'm with you on that one.

Dro
11-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm with you on that one.
ESPN makes me mad because they wait until the Pacers beat a good team on national tv before they say what us real fans have known forever...And not just about the Pacers but in general. ESPN just hops on bandwagons and then Steven A gets on TV and spouts off like he's informing the world of something we didn't already know...David West is a "man"...Really Stephen A.? Thanks for finally giving us our props, David West has been balling his entire career....

scm5
11-08-2013, 02:44 PM
They are one piece away from being better.

They need to move Granger for a better PG than George Hill.

chazzy
11-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Scary defensive team, still has offensive issues. Hibbert played way above his usual offensive level against the Heat because of the matchup advantage. He needs to become a bigger scoring threat more consistently

Mr Exlax
ESPN makes me mad because they wait until the Pacers beat a good team on national tv before they say what us real fans have known forever...And not just about the Pacers but in general. ESPN just hops on bandwagons and then Steven A gets on TV and spouts off like he's informing the world of something we didn't already know...David West is a "man"...Really Stephen A.? Thanks for finally giving us our props, David West has been balling his entire career....

EXACTLY!!!!!!! I borderline hate that they even found out about Paul George lol. Isn't it crazy that David West is just now getting any kind of props? I just tell myself ESPN is there for entertainment, but not actual sports knowledge.

Dro

I think that would help but I don't think they need to move Hill..I think our overall team is good enough to win with Hill at the point. It would help if Lance and Paul George continue to improve as a playmakers..Then we don't need a true point guard similar to Miami, OKC, etc. Hill is a good 3 point shooter and provides good spacing and he also tends to play well in the 4th quarter. He's an overall very intelligent player. We just need one guy who knows how to make a post entry pass, regardless of who it is, lol..

Dro
11-08-2013, 02:51 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!! I borderline hate that they even found out about Paul George lol. Isn't it crazy that David West is just now getting any kind of props? I just tell myself ESPN is there for entertainment, but not actual sports knowledge.
Exactly. Ever since ESPN found out about Paul George, he's receiving more hate than ever and everyone calling him overrated...News flash ESPN, we've been saying PG would develop into this type of player since his 2nd year....

Mr Exlax
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Exactly. Ever since ESPN found out about Paul George, he's receiving more hate than ever and everyone calling him overrated...News flash ESPN, we've been saying PG would develop into this type of player since his 2nd year....

No bullshit man I knew he was gonna be this good, but I had no idea he'd be this good this fast. All these people trying to tell me about Paul George since the Miami Heat series lol. I'm like man I been watching this kid and this team two years ago lol. Then the ones that try to act like they know more about the dude than you do. They kill me.

Funnyfuka
11-08-2013, 02:56 PM
No.

next.

scm5
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I think that would help but I don't think they need to move Hill..I think our overall team is good enough to win with Hill at the point. It would help if Lance and Paul George continue to improve as a playmakers..Then we don't need a true point guard similar to Miami, OKC, etc. Hill is a good 3 point shooter and provides good spacing and he also tends to play well in the 4th quarter. He's an overall very intelligent player. We just need one guy who knows how to make a post entry pass, regardless of who it is, lol..

Actually, I agree with you. I take back my comment.

I don't think they need Granger though, Hill and Stephenson are a great tandem and they would be better off moving Granger for someone else.

All Net
11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
If Miami lose indy beats them imo

Their bench is Alot better. Adding scola, cope land, Watson were nice additions. George and Stephenson are also even better.

Dro
11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Actually, I agree with you. I take back my comment.

I don't think they need Granger though, Hill and Stephenson are a great tandem and they would be better off moving Granger for someone else.
Yes, I'm with you. I like Granger still, whether he's a starter or coming off the bench but I don't think we necessarily NEED him and I agree we could trade him for a good player. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have someone like Rondo but if we can't get him, I'm ok with George Hill/Watson/Sloan...

Lord Leoshes
11-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Heat fan here.
I think u have everything u need already. no need 2 move granger, just play him off the ball more with George doing most of the ball handling let hill just bringing up the ball, & be a 2nd playmaker.

If u want 2 beat us, just pound us down low, kill us on the glass, & control your turnovers.

The only monkey wrench I can c would be G Oden being healthy enough 2 play around 20/25 min a game 4 us. & the obvious 4 both, Health.

ProfessorMurder
11-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Hibbert played way above his usual offensive level against the Heat because of the matchup advantage. He needs to become a bigger scoring threat more consistently

Not really. They can beat practically any team without Hibbert beasting... They just need him to shit on Miami, which he will because of the match up.

I think they just need one more jump shooter (or Granger stays healthy).

magnax1
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I think its worth noting that Indianas offense still looks pretty pathetic. I still say theyll need Granger to give them some punch if they want to win. I might be wrong but I dont think Paul George is a 25 ppg scorer yet either. Its probably an aberration, but well see.

scm5
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
If Miami lose indy beats them imo

Their bench is Alot better. Adding scola, cope land, Watson were nice additions. George and Stephenson are also even better.

Miami could also easily be beaten by the Nets. The Nets look like a team built for the sole purpose of taking down the Heat.

I don't mean they're going to win the championship, just that they match up against the Heat really well.

Their best offensive option, Lopez, plays C which is the weakest spot for the Heat defensively.

Pierce, AK, and JJ are all good options to throw at Lebron defensively and it seems like the key to containing Lebron is giving him multiple looks and keeping him uncomfortable. Once he gets used to one defender, he takes over.

JJ can do a good job defensively on Wade.

KG has made Bosh his bitch in the past and also can defend the rim against Wade/Lebron.

Dro
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Heat fan here.
I think u have everything u need already. no need 2 move granger, just play him off the ball more with George doing most of the ball handling let hill just bringing up the ball, & be a 2nd playmaker.

If u want 2 beat us, just pound us down low, kill us on the glass, & control your turnovers.

The only monkey wrench I can c would be G Oden being healthy enough 2 play around 20/25 min a game 4 us. & the obvious 4 both, Health.
Oden would be huge and like Oden as a player. I agree, we need to keep our turnovers down because turnovers against Miami or even quick, missed shots are like turnovers with how quickly Lebron and Wade get out on the break.

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Miami has LeBron.

Dro
11-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I think its worth noting that Indianas offense still looks pretty pathetic. I still say theyll need Granger to give them some punch if they want to win. I might be wrong but I dont think Paul George is a 25 ppg scorer yet either. Its probably an aberration, but well see.
I've been saying since last year that I love Vogel as a coach but I don't like his offensive system. Everyone in the starting lineup can score and players off the bench can score too so scoring really shouldn't be a problem. But honestly, unless you're the Miami Heat its hard to put so much focus on defense and still be great on offense. Look at the Bulls. Great defensive team, mediocre on offense.

branslowski
11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Paul George>>>LeBron post HGH (this season)

All Net
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Miami has LeBron.

That's not enough if others don't step up.

magnax1
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
I've been saying since last year that I love Vogel as a coach but I don't like his offensive system. Everyone in the starting lineup can score and players off the bench can score too so scoring really shouldn't be a problem. But honestly, unless you're the Miami Heat its hard to put so much focus on defense and still be great on offense. Look at the Bulls. Great defensive team, mediocre on offense.
They were good on offense whenGranger was healthy. I think they really just dont have a lot of offensive talent honestly. West and Paul George are both good, but not great scorers. Hibbert can play in the post but still isnt much of a scorer. Thats really all their offensive power excluding improvements from this year. No one can shoot that well from range either.

Dro
11-08-2013, 03:46 PM
They were good on offense whenGranger was healthy. I think they really just dont have a lot of offensive talent honestly. West and Paul George are both good, but not great scorers. Hibbert can play in the post but still isnt much of a scorer. Thats really all their offensive power excluding improvements from this year. No one can shoot that well from range either.
I disagree...well I agree about Hibbert.......But I think West is a pretty good scorer, he's been doing it his entire career...He can shoot from the midrange and he has a post game. George is also a good shooter and can get to the rim..His midrange game has also improved....

I think George Hill, Watson, and Paul George are all pretty good shooters from range. I actually think George Hill has become an excellent shooter. I think Lance and Scola can both score.

scm5
11-08-2013, 03:46 PM

George Hill is above average from range and PG is a very good 3 point shooter, especially considering how many he shoots per game.

Lance Stephenson, if he can keep it up, has been a really good 3 point shooter as well.

Even without the injury, Granger has been getting progressively worse on offense every single year. I don't think it's reasonable to expect anything close to what he gave before the injury. It's better to trade him now while it's still "unknown" what he'll give you once he comes back.

russwest0
11-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Miami has LeBron.

You're right. Pacers need to acquire Boris Diaw :lol

Trollsmasher
11-08-2013, 03:51 PM
If Wade is at least 90% and Bosh does not lay an egg like he did in the last season's ECF (where he shot like 30%, you don't even need him to rebound that much, just hit those shots), nobody is beating the Heat.

Fresh Kid
11-08-2013, 04:32 PM
tha Indiana overraterz are Nuttin but pretenders, and you damn right I said it:coleman:

Fresh Kid
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM
or jj barea:roll:

All Net
11-08-2013, 04:45 PM
If Wade is at least 90% and Bosh does not lay an egg like he did in the last season's ECF (where he shot like 30%, you don't even need him to rebound that much, just hit those shots), nobody is beating the Heat.

They aren't the x factors

Ray Allen, Chalmers, battier are. If those role players don't step up to doesn't mean a whole lot. Bosh is a big one.. He was terrible vs indy in the ecf.

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2013, 04:50 PM
That's not enough if others don't step up.

It was last season.

SilkkTheShocker
11-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Not really. They can beat practically any team without Hibbert beasting... They just need him to shit on Miami, which he will because of the match up.

I think they just need one more jump shooter (or Granger stays healthy).

Every year ProfesorF.aggot predicts someone to beat Miami in the playoffs. Nothing new here.

red1
11-08-2013, 04:56 PM
They might beat miami this year but I dont think they are the better team

Coyote
11-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Quality isn't that good but I guess it's readable:

Are Pacers better than Heat? (http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/812/4530149981.jpg)

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Heat are better.

xoracle55
11-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Ray Allen, Chalmers, battier are. If those role players don't step up to doesn't mean a whole lot. Bosh is a big one.. He was terrible vs indy in the ecf.

Dont they always???

Chalmers though funky is fearless and can be counted on in big games.

Battier may slump but he always comes through.

Allen? Need I say more?

Pacers might have addressed everything on paper to beat the Heat. Well they have the blueprint even last year they coulda or shoulda had won but when it comes down to it can they execute better than the Heat for seven games?I love how people are overrating them and how the Heat are again the underdogs according to Reggie Miller :rolleyes:..

As long as LBJ and Dwade, Bosh are healthy I aint got no worries.:roll:

And who have they beaten so far??

ProfessorMurder
11-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Every year ProfesorF.aggot predicts someone to beat Miami in the playoffs. Nothing new here.

Oh no, they've been taken to 7 games and the Spurs had them beat until the the last 30 seconds. I forgot that they're invincible! A whole two titles! What's the point of watching if you think no team has a shot?

You dumb jag.

All Net
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
It was last season.

Because the role players played well..ray for obvious reasons of course.

Miami are favorites as they are the champs but Indy can certainly beat them and win it all. Make no mistake about it.

GrapeApe
11-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Agreed. The Heat are unbeatable when those guys are playing at a high level. Even with a healthy Wade and an effecive Bosh they'll need solid contributions from the role players to get past Indiana. I have no problem admitting that the Pacers pose a real threat to dethrone the Heat. It will take an all around team effort to get it done for a third straight year.

RedBlackAttack
11-08-2013, 06:45 PM
This Heat team has never been as unbeatable as many thought they'd be when they formed in 2010. Obviously, their talent level is immense, but it's certainly not crazy to suggest there may be a team better this season after Miami was taken to seven games twice last year and were a miracle shot away from losing in six games during the Finals.

With that said, they still have LeBron James, who is the best player in the league by a fairly wide margin. And, James still has Wade, Bosh, Allen, Chalmers, Battier, etc.

I'd still make them the favorites, but would I be surprised if the Pacers beat them in a series? Definitely not, at this point. George has taken that next step it appears and is poised for stardom, their frontcourt should destroy Miami's in every way, shape and form and their biggest weakness last year -- their bench -- seems to have been rectified with the additions of CJ Watson and Scola.

On top of all that, Stephenson looks like the kind of consistent player this year that we always wondered if he could be.

I like this Pacers team a lot. Toss in the potential of Danny Granger coming back and the Pacers then have the flexibility to either make a move to strengthen one of their weaker positions or use Granger off the bench.

The more I think about it, this team is very dangerous. They're built, it seems, to beat a team like the Heat. The question, as always, is whether or not they're enough of a team to overcome the best player in the league surrounded with all that talent.

They were pretty close to doing it last year and this Pacers team is better, imo. Are the Heat better? Not so sure, but I'm inclined to say probably not.

EDIT: Let me also toss in that James is currently playing through "back issues." It's pretty early in the season to be dealing with something like that, which tends to be something you see in the middle to late stages of the year. Could it be that playing heavy minutes in three straight seasons during which the Heat played pretty much the most amount of games possible in a season will catch up with them?

Because, if James isn't healthy, this young Pacers team would beat them up badly, imo.

DMAVS41
11-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Pacers are going to beat the Heat unless Wade gets back to playing at his 2011 level.

it's that simple for me. Bosh will get destroyed and the Pacers offense will be stagnant at times like it always is.

If Wade plays like a superstar...Heat win. If he doesn't...Pacers win.

PJR
11-08-2013, 08:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7VN5Ep5.gif

Leftimage
11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Pacers are going to beat the Heat unless Wade gets back to playing at his 2011 level.

Well, it appears he has.

sportjames23
11-08-2013, 08:48 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
11-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Agreed.

I've been saying it since last years series in which it was evident that the Pacers weren't winnin anything with Hill as their starting poit guard. Hill would be perfect off the bench as a 6th man.

DMAVS41
11-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Well, it appears he has.

He has to be capable of that in the playoffs. Last year during the win streak...Wade was amazing, but by the playoffs...he was a shell. The Heat can't win with Wade playing like that again. They got flat out lucky and played weak as **** competition last year. Pacers were a year away, Bulls were missing half their team, and the Spurs wore down in the finals and were never great to begin with in all honesty...they were there because Westbrook got hurt.

This year it's highly unlikely breaks like that will happen. They'll have to face a healthy Bulls or Nets team most likely. A much better Pacers team...and then what I think is easily going to be the best Thunder team we've seen to date.

Wade puts up 23/5/5 on high efficiency and plays the kind of defense he does when he's healthy...then the Heat have a great shot. If not...like I said above, they have no shot to beat the competition this year. It's infinitely better.

All Net
11-09-2013, 07:27 AM
He has to be capable of that in the playoffs. Last year during the win streak...Wade was amazing, but by the playoffs...he was a shell. The Heat can't win with Wade playing like that again. They got flat out lucky and played weak as **** competition last year. Pacers were a year away, Bulls were missing half their team, and the Spurs wore down in the finals and were never great to begin with in all honesty...they were there because Westbrook got hurt.

This year it's highly unlikely breaks like that will happen. They'll have to face a healthy Bulls or Nets team most likely. A much better Pacers team...and then what I think is easily going to be the best Thunder team we've seen to date.

Wade puts up 23/5/5 on high efficiency and plays the kind of defense he does when he's healthy...then the Heat have a great shot. If not...like I said above, they have no shot to beat the competition this year. It's infinitely better.

Well I think the top seed in the east is more important than ever.. Heat won't want to go through bulls /nets then Pacers.

If Pacers get top seed that would make things interesting

Micku
11-09-2013, 07:56 AM

They were just a couple of plays away from winning it all. One rebound away in game sixth, and only a couple of mistakes in game 7. They could very well beat the Heat obviously, and probably still could.

Anyway, I agree with you said that Heat winning this year may depend on how healthy Wade is.