PDA

View Full Version : 11/08/13 Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Philadelphia 76ers, 7:00 PM ET

Meticode
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc28/Meticode/Sports%20Logos/cleveland_cavaliers_alt_2-64_zpsdcd6cc61.pngCleveland Cavaliers

_C - Anderson Varejao
PF - Tristan Thompson
SF - Earl Clark
SG - Dion Waiters
PG - Kyrie Irving

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc28/Meticode/Sports%20Logos/philadelphia_76ers_alt-64_zpsd3d7055e.pngPhiladelphia 76ers

_C - Spencer Hawes
PF - Thaddeus Young
SF - Evan Turner
SG - James Anderson
PG - Michael Carter-Williams

If all goes according to plan Friday night, Andrew Bynum will do something he didn't do once last season in Philadelphia -- suit up.

It just won't be in a 76ers uniform.

After not playing a second for Philadelphia due to his ailing knees, Bynum figures to be on the court Friday night for the Cavaliers in the opener of this home-and-home set.

Following a surprising run to the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2012, the Sixers hoped Bynum would be the missing piece that would turn them into a regular contender, giving up Andre Iguodala, Maurice Harkless, Nikola Vucevic and a first-round pick to get him in a four-team deal.

There were problems with Bynum's knees from the start. The Sixers held him out of training camp as a precaution, and various timetables -- often set by Bynum -- came and went with nothing to show for his rehabilitation.

The Sixers (3-2) welcomed Bynum with a public press conference that whipped hundreds of fans into a frenzy. Without playing a game for the Sixers, he said he wanted to make Philadelphia his home -- and the team was ready to commit.

Instead, they spent almost $17 million for nothing.

"If I could've played, I would've," Bynum said Thursday. "And that's where that's at."

He signed a two-year, $24 million with Cleveland (2-3) in the offseason -- only this season is guaranteed -- and has played in four of the Cavaliers' first five games off the bench, totaling 22 points and 14 rebounds in 51 minutes.

Bynum is expected to play Friday in front of what figures to be a hostile Philadelphia crowd before sitting out the return leg of the back-to-back Saturday in Cleveland. But he said he feels "sharp pains" in his knees and they were sore after a dunk in Wednesday's 109-104 loss at Milwaukee.

Bynum said Thursday that he flirted with the idea of retirement before signing with the Cavaliers and that it's tough to enjoy playing basketball because of how he feels physically.

"It's still career-threatening," he said. "I'm a shell of myself right now on the court. I'm just struggling mentally. I'm trying."

The team he'll see Friday night was expected to be one of the NBA's worst, but Philadelphia surprised nearly everyone by beating Miami, Washington and Chicago to start the season.

Since then, however, the 76ers have given up a total of 33 3-pointers while losing to Golden State and the Wizards at home by a combined 34 points.

"We got people's attention (with our start), but we still have to get done what we need to get done," first-year coach Brett Brown said after Washington made 18 3s in his team's 116-102 defeat Wednesday.

What the 76ers must do is improve a defense that's allowing 108.4 points per game. Opponents have taken an average of 30.2 3s against Philadelphia -- by far the most in the league -- and made 12.2 (40.4 percent).

"Teams are going to be hot (shooting) like that, and that can't be an excuse," said rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams, who had 19 points, seven assists and five rebounds in Wednesday's loss. "We have to figure out a way to make them go cold, make adjustments along the way."

Cleveland has shot 41.0 percent and averaged 86.6 points while losing two straight and eight of nine against the 76ers. The Cavaliers have dropped four straight at Philadelphia by an average of 14.8 points.

The Cavs lost their sixth straight road game and 12th in the last 13 away from home in Milwaukee on Wednesday. Though Cleveland reached 100 points for the first time this season, it failed to contain a Bucks squad from hitting half of its 72 shots.

Milwaukee went 13 of 23 from long distance.

"Mentally, I don't know where we were mentally," coach Mike Brown said. "Physically, I don't know where we were physically. (The Bucks) came out and just did what they wanted to do. We are going to have trouble winning like that on the road.

"If we need to get in front of a home crowd just to play with a sense of urgency we are going to be in trouble. Teams are too good in this business. We have to figure out what it takes to win on the road and right now as a group we don't know how to do that. That is disappointing."

Kyrie Irving finished with 29 on 10-of-20 shooting and made all but two of his six 3-point attempts. He averaged 15.3 points while making 36.9 percent of his shots in the first four games.

The point guard has averaged 8.5 points and 3.8 turnovers while shooting 30.2 percent in four games against the 76ers -- all losses.

Philadelphia's Evan Turner is scoring 22.2 points per game this season, but he's averaged 9.0 in five home games versus Cleveland.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 06:26 PM
A couple things I'm interested in...

* Andrew Bynum's reception from the Philly crowd. I expect it to be bad.

* How MCW does against a great defense team.

* How the Cavaliers defense responds to giving up their worse defensive effort of the season against the Bucks who were ranked 25th in scoring giving up 108 points. Mike Brown called the team out.

Fresh Kid
11-08-2013, 06:26 PM
sixers by 4?:confusedshrug:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-08-2013, 06:38 PM
The Cavs are a great defensive team? Maybe in spurts from what I have seen. Not sure I would use the word great.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 06:47 PM
The Cavs are a great defensive team? Maybe in spurts from what I have seen. Not sure I would use the word great.
Okay, great defensive team in the making. Better?

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 06:50 PM
We need to win these back-to-back Philly games. It's almost a must. I'd like to see Sims getting some minutes instead of Zeller. He looked good in preseason to me.

andremiller07
11-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Double T after a hot start has really cooled off, Andy and his mid range game has impressed me very much though.

RedBlackAttack
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
It seems to be trending in that direction. When you figure Brown has only had these guys for a few months and they've gone from the bottom of the league defensively to near the top through the first five games, the safe bet seems to be on him making them a great defensive team eventually. They aren't there yet, I agree. But, the talent is there and Brown's track record speaks for itself.

He had Drew Gooden playing significant minutes on an elite defensive team at one time. Think about that. :oldlol:

Double T after a hot start has really cooled off, Andy and his mid range game has impressed me very much though.

The last three games have been a struggle for him, shooting/scoring wise. He's still a work in progress on that end and he'll have his ups and downs. But, his defense, rebounding and motor are always a major asset, even when he goes 1-for-5. That's what I love about him as a player.

Hopefully, he snaps out of that slump tonight.

andremiller07
11-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Damn got the Philly feed on LP I wanted to hear Carr with "throws the hammer down"....

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Kyrie and Dion aggressive early. Offense looks sharp.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Good start. Kyrie with an early 5 assists. Had to hit that open three though.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Good start with the Cavaliers. I hope Earl Clark keeps knocking down that mid-range jumper consistently.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Lol at the boos. :lol

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
The boos are rampant. :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
CJ looking for an early 6th man of the year. He's lights out so far.

CavaliersFTW
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Typical classless Philly fans, booing Bynum for not being able to play due to being hurt :facepalm trololololol

PickernRoller
11-08-2013, 08:34 PM
So many past Lakers in this game. Only reason I am watching this boring sh1t....:oldlol:

PickernRoller
11-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Bynum giving that extra effort....:oldlol: :oldlol:

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Always liked Wroten's game. Too many jumpshots out here for the Cavs right now.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Bennett holding his shoulder. Looks to be in some pain. Geez, things are not going good for this kid so far. Hope it's nothing serious.

PickernRoller
11-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Bynum commanding double teams while playing on one knee. No one defends Dwight, bum just fumbles the ball....:oldlol: :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Second unit blew this lead. Took us five minutes to score a basket in the 2nd qtr.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Hawes is owning TT down low right now.

C.J. Miles tho :applause:

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
1 2
Cle 28 8
Phi 14 24

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Meticode
11-08-2013, 08:56 PM
So frustrating to watch this team so far this season more times than not.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Terrible second quarter for the Cavs but :oldlol: @ the Sixers double teaming Kyrie and Dion on the inbound in the backcourt with 4.1, leaving Andy and TT with a easy 2 on 1.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 1m
#Cavs Anthony Bennett has a sprained right shoulder, will not return tonight.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
This is getting unwatchable.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 09:31 PM
So frustrating to watch this team so far this season more times than not.
I hear you. This whole "Play 1 great quarter, play 3 terrible quarters" shtick is getting old real quick.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I've had it. Turning this game off. If they come back in the 4th, I'll see the highlights tomorrow. Terrible effort.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 09:35 PM
It sure is nice to have Wiggins next year.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
The only reason I'm watching this game right now is because I'm a true Cavs fan.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Jack keeps jacking up long, contested 2's...

Meticode
11-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Cavaliers have given up two 30+ quarters in a row now.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Wroten is a beast. Still can't believe teams been tossing around like a filler talent.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh yes, this is looking familiar. Claw our way back from 15+ down. Only to tease us and lose in the end.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Cavaliers have given up two 30+ quarters in a row now.
Worst two quarters of basketball I've seen in a long, long time. Even in our tanking days. Couldn't actually turn the game off, but this is near unbearable to watch. Just going to lower my expectations for the fourth and see how they react to having their backs against the wall, getting shit on by a terrible team. Let's see how Karasev looks with some minutes.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 09:52 PM
*grinds his teeth*

Uncle Drew
11-08-2013, 09:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2817947/billbored.gif

Can't believe I stayed up/home for this shit till 3 am, on a Friday night.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 09:55 PM
*sighs* Irving passes up a 3 pointer with a defender 9+ feet away, he pump fakes, drives, passes it to Karasev for a 20 foot 2 pointer that bricks. :facepalm

Meticode
11-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Well, down by 16 with 2 1/2 left. I'm going to take the good with bad and finish watching this.

Cavaliers lose, basically the same way they lost last game and Bennett gets injured (not don't know if his same shoulder he had surgery on or not)...

Just not a good game to watch from the Cavaliers point of view.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 10:10 PM
What a way to finish the game Cavaliers. Irving bricks the wide open transition three, then Waiters get's a point-blank layup and misses it to keep the Cavaliers under 80 points for the second time this season. :applause:

That Mike Brown offense is working out! :applause:

0-4 on the road.

Before the game we were ranked 26th in the NBA in scoring at 90 points per game. I think this game safely puts us under 90 points per game averaged for the season.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Well, down by 16 with 2 1/2 left. I'm going to take the good with bad and finish watching this.

Cavaliers lose, basically the same way they lost last game and Bennett gets injured (not don't know if his same shoulder he had surgery on or not)...

Just not a good game to watch from the Cavaliers point of view.
Nah. He had surgery on the left shoulder. Sprained his right shoulder tonight.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Summaries of the game from my perspective.

* Cavaliers came out strong in the first quarter. Scoring 28, giving up 14.

* After the first quarter the Cavalier subsequently left the court and scored 8 points in the second quarter while giving up 30.

* After the first half the Cavaliers started off the third quarter by giving up even more points (33).

* I see a lot of passes on open shots. Irving passed up a couple of wide open threes.

* Bynum looked solid considering the fans booed him the whole time like salty Philly fans do and he was double-teamed pretty much the whole night. The baskets he scored on he was 1-on-1.

* I'm not sure why Earl Clark or what his role is right now. After Anthony Bennett he's struggled the most basically giving the Cavaliers nothing. He's been a disappointment so far this season. He's not even shooting the ball at 30% yet and tonight he was 2-9 from the field.

* Irving 4-17 from the field, struggled. Scored 10 points. Pretty much non-existent until the fourth quarter when the Cavaliers are down by 15 and he's driving to the basket trying to do it on his own. It's not going to win games.

* Two players made more than half their shots. Miles was 5-7 and Bynum was 2-3. Everyone else shot near 33% for the game.

* Cavaliers shot 33.3% for the game. As I forecasted Mike Brown isn't working out for this team because they have no idea what to do on offense.

Grant it, young team, learning, etc, but still unacceptable.

Frustrated.

NattyPButter
11-08-2013, 10:24 PM
this team freaking stinks...when you have Bynum in the game give him the freaking ball. Yes he got double today but they stopped doubling him and didn't even pass him the ball anymore. 3 touches for you big man. It's like this every freaking night. Jack doesn't even pass he shoots to freaking much.

Meticode
11-08-2013, 10:28 PM
this team freaking stinks...when you have Bynum in the game give him the freaking ball. Yes he got double today but they stopped doubling him and didn't even pass him the ball anymore. 3 touches for you big man. It's like this every freaking night. Jack doesn't even pass he shoots to freaking much.
Jack is getting frustrating. I would bet 60% of his shots he takes are 18+ foot 2 pointers that are pull ups. Before he even shot the ball to end the third quarter at the buzzer I knew exactly the shot he was going to take, even though Bynum was down low one-on-one with his defender.

The whole team is frustrating to watch right now. I'm learning to accept it though. At the beginning of the season I expected them to be better. So I'd yell at my screen. Not I'm just expecting them to lose 14 point leads. Because you can play defense all you want, you still need to outscore your opponent. And when you're scoring 8 point quarters while giving up 30 and 33 point quarters and we all know historically Brown is an awful, not bad, but awful offensive coach and it's showing so far with the Cavaliers scoring 84 points or less in half their games this season.

secund2nun
11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Cleveland would be stupid to not tank.

RedBlackAttack
11-08-2013, 11:42 PM
I didn't see any of the game, but man... Brutal boxscore.

What's up with Kyrie's shooting woes this year? He's had bad 10 game stretches before, but they've usually come after extended time off due to injury or at the end of the season when he seems disinterested.

What the hell is going on with these 4-for-17 shooting nights? That's not going to win us many games, even if he gets double-digit assists.

iggy>
11-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Summaries of the game from my perspective.

* Cavaliers came out strong in the first quarter. Scoring 28, giving up 14.

* After the first quarter the Cavalier subsequently left the court and scored 8 points in the second quarter while giving up 30.

* After the first half the Cavaliers started off the third quarter by giving up even more points (33).

* I see a lot of passes on open shots. Irving passed up a couple of wide open threes.

* Bynum looked solid considering the fans booed him the whole time like salty Philly fans do and he was double-teamed pretty much the whole night. The baskets he scored on he was 1-on-1.

* I'm not sure why Earl Clark or what his role is right now. After Anthony Bennett he's struggled the most basically giving the Cavaliers nothing. He's been a disappointment so far this season. He's not even shooting the ball at 30% yet and tonight he was 2-9 from the field.

* Irving 4-17 from the field, struggled. Scored 10 points. Pretty much non-existent until the fourth quarter when the Cavaliers are down by 15 and he's driving to the basket trying to do it on his own. It's not going to win games.

* Two players made more than half their shots. Miles was 5-7 and Bynum was 2-3. Everyone else shot near 33% for the game.

* Cavaliers shot 33.3% for the game. As I forecasted Mike Brown isn't working out for this team because they have no idea what to do on offense.

Grant it, young team, learning, etc, but still unacceptable.

Frustrated.
A cavs fan calling sixers fans salty? :facepalm Cleveland has the most bitter fan base in all of sports.

CavaliersFTW
11-08-2013, 11:59 PM
A cavs fan calling sixers fans salty? :facepalm Cleveland has the most bitter fan base in all of sports.
(at today's game in the nearly empty Sixers arena)

*Any Sixers player scores points:
Barely any audible applause/cheer.

*Bynum moves from the bench to the sideline to check in: A thunderus BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
from the otherwise empty and quiet arena as butthurt Sixer fans shout and jeer at a guy who was injured all last season as loud as humanly possible. It's literally as if Philadelphians only came to the game strictly to boo Bynum.

It's not like he purposely didn't play, yet the classless Philly 'fans' boo the **** out of him :facepalm

Styles p
11-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Typical classless Philly fans, booing Bynum for not being able to play due to being hurt :facepalm trololololol
right a guy that hurts himself ****ing bowling is known to have a bad attitude sits out the whole year while making millions of dollars then to top it off a video comes out of him dancing in Spain, :cry: i feel so bad for andrew bynum :cry:
edit: just saw white text lol

RedBlackAttack
11-09-2013, 12:11 AM
I actually think this fanbase has been incredibly patient and optimistic during this rebuild. Even while winning 20-25 games in a season, the attendance has stayed pretty solid and there is a solid relationship between the city and the team (ownership, FO, players, etc).

That's not really the mark of a bitter fanbase.

Big Cheese
11-09-2013, 12:13 AM

What's up with Kyrie's shooting woes this year? He's had bad 10 game stretches before, but they've usually come after extended time off due to injury or at the end of the season when he seems disinterested.

What the hell is going on with these 4-for-17 shooting nights? That's not going to win us many games, even if he gets double-digit assists.

alot of cavs fans blaming mike browns shitty offense :lol

RedBlackAttack
11-09-2013, 12:15 AM
alot of cavs fans blaming mike browns shitty offense :lol
I'm not seeing it. He just looks out of sorts... missing shots he usually makes. Blaming Brown is the easy excuse.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Did I offend you? If I did, good. Because their actions were salty. Bynum hurt his knee bowling when he was with the Sixers and he was blunt stating "If I hurt it bowling, imagine what would've happened if I dunked or actually went out and played."

They had no reason to boo him and Philly's fans are always salty as **** showing at times some of the worse reactions in sports. I remember in the MLB draft J.D. Drew got drafted by them and he refused to sign with the team. He ended up signing with the Cardinals and his first game ever in Philly when he played for the Cards the Philly's fans threw things at him from the right field wall during the game which included coins and batteries onto the field. And there's multiple other instances of this happening throughout the years in other sports.

That's just the perception that those fans give and it showed last night.

Ask for Cavaliers fans. Hell yes a lot of them are still mad about LeBron. Me? I'm not. I could give two shits less now.

But it doesn't change what I said last night not being true. I know and you know it since you didn't argue the fact. All you did was just throw back "Cavaliers fans" rebuttal. They had nothing to boo him about, but they acted like heLeBron'd them. Or that Vince Carter'd them.

The ones they should be booing is their f*cking ownership taking a huge risk like that and giving up so much for Bynum.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm not seeing it. He just looks out of sorts... missing shots he usually makes. Blaming Brown is the easy excuse.
Easy excuse? You said you didn't even watch the game. So how in the hell can you make any analysis of that. It doesn't change the fact that historically he's a bad offensive coach since he's been in the league and the only reason he had great success in Cleveland is because he could run his defense, and have one of those dominate players at his position ever just handle the ball and do what he wants.

He couldn't do that in L.A. and he can't do it now and it's showing.

Mike Brown isn't a long-term answer to bring a winning culture to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 08:06 AM
right a guy that hurts himself ****ing bowling is known to have a bad attitude sits out the whole year while making millions of dollars then to top it off a video comes out of him dancing in Spain, :cry: i feel so bad for andrew bynum :cry:
edit: just saw white text lol
So what you're saying is your ownership signed a player who they knew had a bad attitude historically and they magically thought he wasn't going to come with that baggage? Are you mad at Bynum or the ownership? Hmmm....think about this logically.

DukeDelonte13
11-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Easy excuse? You said you didn't even watch the game. So how in the hell can you make any analysis of that. It doesn't change the fact that historically he's a bad offensive coach since he's been in the league and the only reason he had great success in Cleveland is because he could run his defense, and have one of those dominate players at his position ever just handle the ball and do what he wants.

Mike Brown isn't a long-term answer to bring a winning culture to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

wrong wrong wrong.

Its so EASY to blame mike brown for the teams problems. Sometimes its on the f*cking players for not playing D like they are supposed to.

The bottom line is they got out hustled last night. A team needs a defensive identity to compete in this league.

They aren't going to go from Byron Scott's "do whatever the f*ck you want" to Mike Brown's structured system with no hiccups or bumps in the road. There isn't a coach in the league that could have transformed the cavs from what they were last year to a 6-0 team at this point.

DukeDelonte13
11-09-2013, 10:21 AM

You know why Kyrie's shooting is sh*tty now? It's because he's actually exerting himself on the defensive end of the floor. He'll adapt as the season goes. He isn't going to score like he did last year but that's the trade off you get.

chips93
11-09-2013, 12:41 PM
i get that brown wants to focus on defense, and with good reason, but how do they now have a couple simple plays to post up bynum.

the sixers doubled him hard in the first half, and drew looked to pass the ball as he should, but the spacing was so bad, that the cavs couldnt get an open look out of it.

it really shouldnt be that hard to have everybody on the same page to take advantage of teams doubling down on the post. why the sixers didnt stick with that strategy on byum throughout the game, since it was working so well, was pretty surprising.

i know its not a big deal, but the blatant stat padding at the end of the game from dion and kyrie was embarrassing. i was honestly happy to see them miss those shots, and just hurt their stats.

andy looked like a stiff last night.

tristan's energy, kyrie played solid defense, dions nice first half, and cj keeping up his hot shooting were really the only positives last night.

pretty discouraging game overall.

Jack is getting frustrating. I would bet 60% of his shots he takes are 18+ foot 2 pointers that are pull ups. Before he even shot the ball to end the third quarter at the buzzer I knew exactly the shot he was going to take, even though Bynum was down low one-on-one with his defender.

it felt like he couldnt miss from midrange in those first couple games, but hes been pretty bad in the last 2 or 3 games.

You know why Kyrie's shooting is sh*tty now? It's because he's actually exerting himself on the defensive end of the floor. He'll adapt as the season goes. He isn't going to score like he did last year but that's the trade off you get.

he was pretty bad at squaring up to the basket last night too, shooting off-balance really unnecessarily.

Styles p
11-09-2013, 01:32 PM
So what you're saying is your ownership signed a player who they knew had a bad attitude historically and they magically thought he wasn't going to come with that baggage? Are you mad at Bynum or the ownership? Hmmm....think about this logically.
they signed bynum? hmmmm that's news to me. btw this fan base have been tired of old ownership this is new ownership i think they get a pass on that deal. especially because of the other moves they have made hinkie, brown.

Twiens
11-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I feel like an idiot for hyping Bennett so much since before the draft, dude looks so bad right now.

RedBlackAttack
11-09-2013, 03:27 PM

I DVRed the game and watched it when I got home from work. He was getting open looks from long and mid mid range. He usually makes a relatively high percentage of those.

Defenses are converging on him maybe more than they have in the past, but he even missed some point blank layups last night when he had gotten by the last defender.

And, for the record, I love the effort he's been putting in on the other end, his assist/turnover rate has been excellent aside from one game and he's even done better at chipping in on the boards. All that's missing is his scoring and he's getting the same looks he always has. Sorry, not going to blame it on Mike Brown.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
they signed bynum? hmmmm that's news to me. btw this fan base have been tired of old ownership this is new ownership i think they get a pass on that deal. especially because of the other moves they have made hinkie, brown.
You're correct, my bad... they did worse. They traded for him and Jason Richardson giving up Iggy, and Harkless, but more importantly Vucevic who has turned to possibly be a top 5 center in the league! Who's a legit 7 footer, averaging 17/13 with 1 block and shooting 56% from the field.

Like I said, the only people the Philly fans should be booing is their own damn front office.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
I DVRed the game and watched it when I got home from work. He was getting open looks from long and mid mid range. He usually makes a relatively high percentage of those.

Defenses are converging on him maybe more than they have in the past, but he even missed some point blank layups last night when he had gotten by the last defender.

And, for the record, I love the effort he's been putting in on the other end, his assist/turnover rate has been excellent aside from one game and he's even done better at chipping in on the boards. All that's missing is his scoring and he's getting the same looks he always has. Sorry, not going to blame it on Mike Brown.
Minus the Bucks game, he's struggled all season with his jumper. He's not making a large percentage of anything right now.

Styles p
11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
You're correct, my bad... they did worse. They traded for him and Jason Richardson giving up Iggy, and Harkless, but more importantly Vucevic who has turned to possibly be a top 5 center in the league! Who's a legit 7 footer, averaging 17/13 with 1 block and shooting 56% from the field.

Like I said, the only people the Philly fans should be booing is their own damn front office.
Right, how are we going to do that exactly? Seeing how that regime Thorne, Collins and dileo are gone. Doug collins is terrible at player development and obviously evaluating talent playing lavoy over vucevic. We're pretty happy with our new front office... For now.

GOBB
11-10-2013, 12:23 AM

You're an idiot but that goes without saying. The entire front office is different. But you were aware of that before posting right? RIGHT SIMPLETON??? Next time do your f*cking homework before talkin out of your ass. From ownership down to coaching is new. You're such a genius. Mensa member here guys!

Why are fans salty? Because Bynum had no desire to play and instead sat on his ass an entire season? Nothing he did nor said would have any fan cheer for him.

Iggy was traded to clear cap space. Which that did. Again do the homework before posting nonsense ok? Iggy was traded to Denver. Yet he's a GSW. Hmmm, oh Iggy opted out and signed elsewhere. He's not even with the team that traded for him.

Harkless you cant even begin to talk abouts what kind of talent he is. Notice the lack of words when you listed him? I dare you to do it.

Vucevic is a top 5 Center possibly? What is Spencer Hawes then? Hawes avg 16ppg 10rpg 2bpg shooting 57% FG and 52% from 3pt range taking 3.5 attempts per game. Now what idiot? We got our beast Center. No need for a possible top 5 Center when Sixers have a top 5 Center no? Take Vucevic numbers and shove them up your pale ass.

Like I said you're a moron who has little clue to what you're saying. Good job, good effort!

Styles p
11-10-2013, 12:44 AM
:applause: nah gobb we're supposed to cheer for a guy who sat on our bench all year "hurt" but seen everywhere around the city seen in night clubs dave and busters wearing a brooklyn coat playing the ****ing basketball free throw arcade game. :hammerhead: