PDA

View Full Version : Bargnani actually manned up tonight & played like a 7 footer

iDunk
11-08-2013, 11:03 PM
25 points
8 rebounds
3 assists
5 blocks

That's a Brook Lopez stat line. :applause: :applause:

Raptors fans, does he play harder as a center? Or is this just a random "I'm going to try" game for him?

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 11:06 PM
5 blocks? That's gotta be a career high. Impressive though, stepping up in Chandler's absence.

b1imtf
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
5 blocks? That's gotta be a career high. Impressive though, stepping up in Chandler's absence.
isthisreallife.gif

Fresh Kid
11-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Im so happy that I can cry:applause: :cheers: :cry:
http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2013/11/08/21/36/345-WwSvC.AuSt.55.jpeg

Eric Cartman
11-08-2013, 11:11 PM
isthisreallife.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1153749/is-this-real-life-o.gif

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Bargnani must be spending a lot of time in little Italy.
Toronto is no place for a pasta lover.

DuMa
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
even the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

TheMarkMadsen
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Watch him turn into a good defensive player.

Chandlers injury forces Bargani to play D or get murdered by a NY journalist.

MP.Trey
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9YtUqnobJy4/UIXtL4k4MQI/AAAAAAAAA7Y/CWRXxGWfOCI/s1600/bargnani-pigging-out.jpg

maybeshewill13
11-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Impressive from Bargs, got to give props. Still doesn't make up for a career or rubbish though. He's got to become consistent.

kaiteng
11-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Bargnani has been known in Toronto as a decent shot blocker already.

This is what Raptors fans expected from him every games. He just couldn't here. I don't believe he will in NY.

Bcogswell
11-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Don't get your hopes up for a repeat of this.. its far more likely he will hit 5 blocks again before 8 rebounds. :oldlol:

A Roc 23
11-09-2013, 12:04 AM

Toronto has a nice little Italy themselves.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-09-2013, 12:07 AM
You know you are as shitty rebounder when you are 7-0, played 35 minutes, and people are ecstatic you grabbed 8 boards.

Trentknicks
11-09-2013, 12:14 AM
You know you are as shitty rebounder when you are 7-0, played 35 minutes, and people are ecstatic you grabbed 8 boards.
You know you are a shitty poster when you have nearly 2,800 posts of pure shit and claim biceps of the gods, without supplying photo evidence.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
You know you are a shitty poster when you have nearly 2,800 posts of pure shit and claim biceps of the gods, without supplying photo evidence.

Blame Jeff's cheap ass. (not my biceps)

hawkfan
11-09-2013, 01:06 AM
25 points
8 rebounds
3 assists
5 blocks

Raptors fans, does he play harder as a center? Or is this just a random "I'm going to try" game for him?

8 rebounds? That must be close to a career high.
He's the worst rebounding big ever.

Just2McFly
11-09-2013, 03:00 AM
its so hard as a bargs fan to watch him play well for the KNICKS!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

FireDavidKahn
11-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Brook Lopez dreams of those numbers

Genaro
11-09-2013, 03:29 AM
His career highs are 17 boards and 6 blocks(twice).

NewYorkNoPicks
11-09-2013, 08:05 AM
I said this in the game thread but it needs to be said again:

A guy in his 7th season doesnt change...especially when his deficiency is due to personality, a lack of effort and an absence of passion.

Does a wimp suddenly turn into a tough guy? Does a lazy guy turn into a hard worker? Does a passionless shlub suddenly turn into an assertive alpha male?

People are who they are inherently....genetics and up to a certain point environmental factors determine it and those stripes dont change. Does an alcoholic really ever truly NOT become an alcoholic? Sure he can stop drinking but deep down inside hes still an alcoholic who is merely controlling his demons that he can never completely eliminate.

There are cases especially in sports where a deficiency due to a lack of tutelage can be remedied through learning. Amare is a perfect example of this...finally learning post moves from Hakeem in his 10th season, but thats a rare case albeit an admirable one from an extremely hard worker in Amare.

I digress.... Dont get your hopes up. Bargnani is who he is....hell score and if hes in the middle hell get you a block, otherwise his defense and rebounding will always be disappointing.

hawkfan
11-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Brook Lopez dreams of those numbers

He shouldn't. Lopez is a good player. It's just lack of effort on his part.
In most ways, it's lack of effort from Bargnani.

Blue&Orange
11-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Feel like digging up those thread were retards were calling it a bad trade for the Knicks, and some really really retards saying Novak was better.

I said by the time of the trade if Woodson made Amare an average defender he would make Bargs a decent one.

Knicks with Jr, Amare with the rust shook off, Hardway less of a rookie will have so much firepower, it will be all about effort and defense.... and that why the Knicks aren't 4-1 right now.

Through the first 4 games, world class defense on the 4th quarter, atrocious defense through the first 3. Effort is all about effort, talent is there.

NewYorkNoPicks
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Amares talent isnt there. Guy is essentially done. Yea hell get you a few baskets but hes a 10 minute man who is probably not even 50% of the player he once was. Amare is 6"10; blowing by a Bobcat defender and dunking in an open lane doesnt change anything.

bagelred
11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Bargnani almost had the best play of the day last night, with a sick crossover move on Josh McRoberts that broke his ankles, but he just missed the dunk.

Legends66NBA7
11-09-2013, 12:53 PM
25 points
8 rebounds
3 assists
5 blocks

He average career highs in rebounds and blocks when he played center. But really, I don't expect him to carry this forward.

Teanett
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Bargsanity!!!
:rockon:

LAZERUSS
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
25 points
8 rebounds
3 assists
5 blocks

On a 44% FG% too. And against two all-time greats in Biyombo and Zeller, as well.

Wilt, KAJ, Shaq, and Moses' numbers in their poorer games. In all honesty, you would be hard-pressed to find one full game by a prime scoring Chamberlain, in his first seven years in the league, in which he played so badly.

imdaman99
11-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Like I said, if we expect him to be crap he will surprise us.

I had low expectations, so things will only look up. Keep it going Pasta :rockon:

I expect Duncan to manhandle him on Sunday though :oldlol: Surprise me baby!

Kungfro
11-09-2013, 01:35 PM
These are the games that made Bargnani such a frustrating player to be a fan of. He'd constantly show you signs that he could be a real productive player, but could never do it with any consistency.

kNicKz
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
On a 44% FG% too. And against two all-time greats in Biyombo and Zeller, as well.

Wilt, KAJ, Shaq, and Moses' numbers in their poorer games. In all honesty, you would be hard-pressed to find one full game by a prime scoring Chamberlain, in his first seven years in the league, in which he played so badly.

LOL what? He said Brook Lopez statline buddy , not Shaq :roll:

Coming soon on Water is Wet : Michael Jordan is better than JR Smith

bagelred
11-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Bargnani almost had the best play of the day last night, with a sick crossover move on Josh McRoberts that broke his ankles, but he just missed the dunk.

https://vine.co/v/hItjX3OIiPA Here it is...almost a highlight.

HomieWeMajor
11-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I predicted it in the game thread.
Bargs just needs the right system and he would average 24+ points for a season on good efficiency

TheMarkMadsen
11-09-2013, 04:40 PM

:biggums:

Da fuq you on about?

Real Men Wear Green
11-09-2013, 04:46 PM
While it was easily the best game he's had this season, you can't just forget the other 4 games or his career history in general. 5 blocks is a great number. And now he averages 1 block per game. Why? Because the first 4 games he didn't get any. Similarly the respectable 8-rebound effort comes after he fails to get over 3 the first 4 games. You can believe in his talent as a scoring threat but as a rebounder and defender? This game is an outlier.

hawkfan
11-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Send Novak to the Hawks to provide some shooting in the front court.

Teanett
11-09-2013, 05:02 PM
While it was easily the best game he's had this season, you can't just forget the other 4 games or his career history in general. 5 blocks is a great number. And now he averages 1 block per game. Why? Because the first 4 games he didn't get any. Similarly the respectable 8-rebound effort comes after he fails to get over 3 the first 4 games. You can believe in his talent as a scoring threat but as a rebounder and defender? This game is an outlier.

maybe it's because he gets to play center? how many boards did chandler get?
something like 15 per game?
with tyson out, bargs is in the thick of it. he'll automatically get more boards and blocks.
btw, i thought he moved his feet very well on d.

niko
11-09-2013, 05:05 PM
He had 82 games of outliers 2 years ago apparently. Would i bet on this continuing? No. But it's not impossible, he did this before for an entire season.

Real Men Wear Green
11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
maybe it's because he gets to play center? how many boards did chandler get?
something like 15 per game?
with tyson out, bargs is in the thick of it. he'll automatically get more boards and blocks.
btw, i thought he moved his feet very well on d.
I do agree that starting at center he's going to get more than his norm for this short season, just don't expect for the team's rebounding and to be healthy with Bargnani anchoring it.
He had 82 games of outliers 2 years ago apparently. Would i bet on this continuing? No. But it's not impossible, he did this before for an entire season.
Two years ago he averaged 5.5 boards and .5 blocks. Over 31 games (all starts), not 82.

Teanett
11-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I do agree that starting at center he's going to get more than his norm for this short season, just don't expect for the team's rebounding and to be healthy with Bargnani anchoring it.

trust me. nobody does. :D
we're going small ball. the only chance the knicks have is to outscore the opponent while trying to keep the game at a low pace.

sounds wrong.

boozehound
11-09-2013, 05:21 PM
wait. He has never averaged more than 6 rbs per game in a season. and his best season for blocks is 1.3. He can definitely score (in a less than efficient manner), but dont expect him to fill the rest of the boxscore all that well. IIRC, that season with his best averages he mostly played at the 5.

Eric Cartman
11-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Send Novak to the Hawks to provide some shooting in the front court.

You have the best shooter in the league