View Full Version : KD with another big game

Trollsmasher
11-08-2013, 11:07 PM
17-19 from the line

All praise the God of the Line:bowdown:

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Did you watch the game?

He got like maybe 2-3 superstar calls and the rest were earned. Some of them on technical shots, others towards the end of the game where Pistons had to foul to stay in the game.

LeBron would get those FT opportunities if he wasn't a below average FT shooter.

EnoughSaid
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
It's crazy how KD gets so many free throws a game. Him being a primary jump shooter over guys who just drive like Wade, LeBron, and Harden makes it extraordinary. :wtf:

TheReal Kendall
11-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Did you watch the game?

He got like maybe 2-3 superstar calls and the rest were earned. Some of them on technical shots, others towards the end of the game where Pistons had to foul to stay in the game.

LeBron would get those FT opportunities if he wasn't a below average FT shooter.

This InsideBoxScores! You know they don't watch the game

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
This InsideBoxScores! You know they don't watch the game

:lol truuuuu

dude probably box score scouts every OKC game to see if Durant got a lot of FT's and if he did then he makes a thread about it.

It's hilarious how scared they are of him becoming better than LeBron and winning a ring at age 25

Trollsmasher
11-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Did you watch the game?

LeBron would get those FT opportunities if he wasn't a below average FT shooter.Of course I did, 5-6 BS calls, just like in every game.

Don't know why are you bringing such a negativism into this exalting thread. Keep that to yourself and enjoy the God of the Line in his prime.

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Of course I did, 5-6 BS calls, just like in every game.

Don't know why are you bringing such a negativism into this exalting thread. Keep that to yourself and enjoy the God of the Line in his prime.

:lol okay buddy, keep convincing yourself that if LeBron was a good FT shooter that he wouldn't get 2-3 more FTA a game at least

Jameerthefear
11-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Lebron is not a below average FT shooter.

aj1987
11-08-2013, 11:21 PM
KD and Westbrick averaged more FT's than Lebron and Wade the last two seasons.

In what world is 75% below average?

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:24 PM

78% is average u clown. Pretty sure 75 is below that.

KG215
11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Yep...37-8-7-3 on 60% shooting.

Huge game.

TheMarkMadsen
11-08-2013, 11:36 PM

2012 Lebron had more ft per game than Durant.

An Durants career high for FT attempts per game is 10.3, second highest being last season at 9.3.

Lebron has 3 seasons of 10.3 FT attempts per game and 5 seasons overall of 9+ FT per game. Lebron gets the star calls every bit as much as Durant.
Especially in the playoffs, where Lebron in 5 out of 8 playoff trips Lebron have averaged 10 or more FT attempts per game.

What's ironic tho is it wasn't really until last years playoffs that we began hearing on this board complaints about Durant getting so many free throw attempts. Durant "only" averaged 10.3 FTA per game in last years playoffs over an 11 game stretch. Most FTA per game in his playoff career.

Lebron in the 09 post season got to the line 14 times a game over a 14 game stretch. The year before that it was 13 FTA per game & 11 the season after..

Trollsmasher
11-08-2013, 11:38 PM

An Durants career high for FT attempts per game is 10.3, second highest being last season at 9.3.

Lebron has 3 seasons of 10.3 FT attempts per game and 5 seasons overall of 9+ FT per game. Lebron gets the star calls every bit as much as Durant.
Especially in the playoffs, where Lebron in 5 out of 8 playoff trips Lebron have averaged 10 or more FT attempts per game.

What's ironic tho is it wasn't really until last years playoffs that we began hearing on this board complaints about Durant getting so many free throw attempts. Durant "only" averaged 10.3 FTA per game in last years playoffs over an 11 game stretch. Most FTA per game in his playoff career.

Lebron in the 09 post season got to the line 14 times a game over a 14 game stretch. The year before that it was 13 FTA per game & 11 the season after..
Now try to pull your ass out of basketballreference and try to compare their playing styles, buddy.

aj1987
11-08-2013, 11:43 PM

What are their shooting charts like? You might want to look at that.

EDIT: I never complained about KD getting FT's.

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:43 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

You just posted all of the shit I was too lazy to post.

russwest0
11-08-2013, 11:44 PM
What are their shooting charts like? You might want to look at that.

You are ignoring the fact that Durant gets the ball in all technical FT situations and late game situations when teams are fouling.

Fk*** clowns getting exposed :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wade winning his first ring has 2nd most FT's in a playoff run ever and LeBron winning his first ring has 3rd most FT's in a playoff run ever (both only behind Shaq) yet you clowns tryna act like Durant is on another level. lmao, MarkMadsen just made yall look like bitches :oldlol:

maybeshewill13
11-08-2013, 11:45 PM

:applause:

aj1987
11-08-2013, 11:52 PM
You are ignoring the fact that Durant gets the ball in all technical FT situations and late game situations when teams are fouling.

Fk*** clowns getting exposed :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wade winning his first ring has 2nd most FT's in a playoff run ever and LeBron winning his first ring has 3rd most FT's in a playoff run ever (both only behind Shaq) yet you clowns tryna act like Durant is on another level. lmao, MarkMadsen just made yall look like bitches :oldlol:
You have the comprehension skills of a 4 year old. I never complained about KD getting FT's. I actually like the guy and said that he has potential to be a top 5 player. You're the retard who complains about Miami getting all the calls, when Lebron and Wade literally score more points than KD and Westbrick in the paint, but get whistled for fewer FT's. Stop bitching and whining about the officiating, when 2 players from your team are in the top 5 for FTA's.

Trollsmasher
11-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Yeah u mad :lol

kill em MarkMadsen, kill em :roll:

niqqas so threatened by the prospect of a young star winning a ring at age 25 with the team that drafted him and making Leflop James look like a bitch :oldlol:
Now that's what one would call reaching and complete naivety:lol

asdf1990
11-09-2013, 12:06 AM

niqqas so threatened by the prospect of a young star winning a ring at age 25 with the team that drafted him and making Leflop James look like a bitch :oldlol:

lost what is it 6 times in a row to lebron now? you mad? couldn't even win the last game against the heat when it was on lakers vs kings level rigged in favor of the thunder.

Rose'sACL
11-09-2013, 12:09 AM

Lebron's playing style is different from durant. he may not drive as much now but he used to drive to the rim so much that he should always lead the league in free throws attempts and there shouldn't be any question about that. even last season he was driving to the rim a lot more than durant.
Durant is also a lot skinnier and any contact on him makes refs give him the call while in lebron's case, refs think that he can take the contact.
I like durant a lot but he shouldn't average as many free throws as lebron. Teams like indiana and chicago have even accepted that they don't ever want to give lebron any easy basket as he is a great finisher around the rim. there is no logic in doing the same to durant as he is a really good free throw shooter unlike lebron. Teams try to get lebron out of rythm by fouling him but that doesn't work on durant. It is good for durant to be a good ft shooter but lebron should get more calls than KD.

i would like you to actually watch the games.

Leftimage
11-09-2013, 12:14 AM

http://images.china.cn/attachement/gif/site1007/20120227/001ec94a1d8b10b55f4b16.gif

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/168122497-1641208.jpg

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

HoopsFanNumero1
11-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Everyone knows you're Fresh Kid. You're not fooling anyone.

Leftimage
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
LMAO niqqa your point would only come thru if LeBron was same age as Durant and still in Cleveland.

You might as well compare Bron to Kobe dumb ass niqqa

Lebron's only 4 years older... KD & his team will need to go berserk over the next 4 seasons if he doesn't want his lasting image to be '' number 2'' to the King.

I do like the fact KD is asserting the facts and saying he's sick of finishing second. Very confident move on his part... but for now he's deeply entrenched in the ''next best player after Lebron'' role. Hasn't improved enough for me to think otherwise.

aj1987
11-09-2013, 12:43 AM

3 rings and counting. Why would I be mad doe?

Keep reaching doe.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fwAP-TcBkaE/TTW6xw4Ny6I/AAAAAAAAA7Y/HOT_SaBoB-U/s1600/1291597007865.gif

russwest0
11-09-2013, 12:46 AM
3 rings and counting. Why would I be mad doe?

Keep reaching doe.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fwAP-TcBkaE/TTW6xw4Ny6I/AAAAAAAAA7Y/HOT_SaBoB-U/s1600/1291597007865.gif

LOL @ actually counting 2006 and 2011 as legit rings.

You must think that the Lakers won it all in 2002 huh

dumb ass casual fan exposed :lol :lol :lol

aj1987
11-09-2013, 12:51 AM
LOL @ actually counting 2006 and 2011 as legit rings.

You must think that the Lakers won it all in 2002 huh

dumb ass casual fan exposed :lol :lol :lol
2011 is definitely not a legit ring. :oldlol:

Fresh Kid with his Westbrick alt.

Sarcastic
11-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Unreal.....free throws.

HoopsFanNumero1
11-09-2013, 01:28 AM

Aren't you the guy that's always saying the game isn't played on paper? And now you're citing stats without any context. I guess you use whatever suits your agenda.

KG215
11-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Unreal.....free throws.
Says the guy who didn't watch the game.

TheMarkMadsen
11-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Aren't you the guy that's always saying the game isn't played on paper? And now you're citing stats without any context. I guess you use whatever suits your agenda.

Yeah I am "that guy" ..that post was all stats for the reason being I wasn't making an argument, I was just pointin out the why Lebron is known for getting superstar calls and that it's silly to think Lebron never gets the calls Durant does.

What agenda would I have with this topic, literally no other fanbase besides Lebrons/Durants ever worries about opposing superstars free throw attempts outside when their team is playing them. Ill never be convinced one player is better than another based off free throw attempts, especially when I see maye a handful of that players games per season

TheMilkyBarKid
11-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Lebron's playing style is different from durant. he may not drive as much now but he used to drive to the rim so much that he should always lead the league in free throws attempts and there shouldn't be any question about that. even last season he was driving to the rim a lot more than durant.
Durant is also a lot skinnier and any contact on him makes refs give him the call while in lebron's case, refs think that he can take the contact.
I like durant a lot but he shouldn't average as many free throws as lebron. Teams like indiana and chicago have even accepted that they don't ever want to give lebron any easy basket as he is a great finisher around the rim. there is no logic in doing the same to durant as he is a really good free throw shooter unlike lebron. Teams try to get lebron out of rythm by fouling him but that doesn't work on durant. It is good for durant to be a good ft shooter but lebron should get more calls than KD.

i would like you to actually watch the games.
Came here to say more or less the same thing :applause:

dunksby
11-09-2013, 04:30 AM
Dumbass kids dunno shit they are talking about, here is Durant's last season shot chart.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/Shotchart_1383984982851_zps74f66a0a.png

russwest0
11-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Dumbass kids dunno shit they are talking about, here is Durant's last season shot chart.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/Shotchart_1383984982851_zps74f66a0a.png

Thank you :applause: :applause: :applause:

Wonder what the LeDickriders gonna say to this one :oldlol:

DMAVS41
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Who cares how a player scores as long as it's consistently repeatable?

My God..we are witnessing one of the best scorers in NBA history in Durant at likely his peak right now.

The dude has essentially been at 29ppg at 61% TS for 5 seasons now. It's absurd how great that is. And he doesn't even take that many ft's compared to similar players throughout history. Regardless, you are talking about one less trip to the line per game anyway.

It's utterly meaningless when a guy is dropping 30 a night. Lets say he gets 1.5 bs points a night at the ft line...who the **** cares? If Durant was everaging 27 ppg over the last 5 years on the same shit it be nearly just as impressive.

Out_In_Utah
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
It's crazy how KD gets so many free throws a game. Him being a primary jump shooter over guys who just drive like Wade, LeBron, and Harden makes it extraordinary. :wtf:

Are you implying that Harden earns most of his free throws?

DMAVS41
11-09-2013, 04:37 AM

****ing unreal how good that is.

:applause:

All Net
11-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Good to see Kevin getting his FG percentage where it should be..

Trollsmasher
11-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Good to see Kevin getting his FG percentage where it should be..
We might once see a 29 ppg season without him actually having any FG %:applause:

ralph_i_el
11-09-2013, 09:36 AM

75% is below average for a perimeter player.

KD shoots tech free throws and ft's at the end of the game.

Frozen1
11-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Everyone saw when this bullshit fouls stopped being called last payoffs.

For his team benefit, Durant should not get used to this ref treatment, because in the playoffs, when he will face "for real" teams like spurs or grizzlies, this shit won't happen.

asdf1990
11-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Post lebrons so we can see who spent more time at the rim

Trollsmasher
11-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Post lebrons so we can see who spent more time at the rim
http://s14.postimg.org/f5v4n5k9d/Shotchart_1384006955278.png

KG215
11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Everyone saw when this bullshit fouls stopped being called last payoffs.

For his team benefit, Durant should not get used to this ref treatment, because in the playoffs, when he will face "for real" teams like spurs or grizzlies, this shit won't happen.
Against the Grizzlies in the playoffs, he averaged 9.8 FTA/game. Against the Spurs in the 2012 WCF, he averaged 9.3 FTA/game.

So yes, his FT drawing abilities transfer to the playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
11-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Lebron>>>>Durant

jlip
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
78% is average u clown. Pretty sure 75 is below that.

The league avg. so far this early in the season is 74.4%. Last season it was 75.3% The highest it has ever been is 77.1% which was achieved in 2009 and 1974. It has never reached a full 78%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Frozen1
11-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Against the Grizzlies in the playoffs, he averaged 9.8 FTA/game. Against the Spurs in the 2012 WCF, he averaged 9.3 FTA/game.

So yes, his FT drawing abilities transfer to the playoffs.

10 FT is kind of normal for superstars, i

chazzy
11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Lebron stans discredit good games with lots of FTA yet prop up Lebrons 09 ecf as the goat series

Fudge
11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
:roll:

Durant with another huuuuge game. Just another night at da office.

KG215
11-09-2013, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Frozen1]10 FT is kind of normal for superstars, i

diamenz
11-09-2013, 07:58 PM
17-19 from the line

All praise the God of the Line:bowdown:

you're bad. you will never meet lebron james.

Trollsmasher
11-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Bump

15-17 :applause:

Too many misses though. He is slippin' a little from the last season's %

God of the Line:bowdown:

14 FTAs per game, is this going to be the GOAT season from the line?

chazzy
11-14-2013, 06:27 AM
KD camping at the line and in OPs head