PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis just dismantled Pau Gasol

LoneyROY7
11-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Wow. 32 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 blocks. Held Gasol to 9 points on 3 of 12.

This kid is legit.

no pun intended
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Denied Gasol 5 times.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
I called it preseason that hevwould be the best pf in the league this year. :applause:

DuMa
11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
tough b2b for pau when hes going against dwight and unibrow. 2 elite defensive athletic bigs.

SpecialQue
11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
To be fair, at this point even I could hold Pau to 9 points, and I love the dude.

I just can't defend how he's been playing lately. :mad:

Jacks3
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Pau should be ashamed. Davis made him look like a child. Embarrassing.

maybeshewill13
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
:bowdown: :applause: Love seeing the young guys bring it.

no pun intended
11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I called it preseason that hevwould be the best pf in the league this year. :applause:
I love Davis and all, but so far, he's still second to Kevin Love.

Heavincent
11-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I love Davis and all, but so far, he's still second to Kevin Love.

No he's not. Davis' defense gives him the edge.

Not only is Davis the best PF, but he's the best big man period.

Suguru101
11-08-2013, 11:37 PM

Except that Davis's defense is reminiscent of Ibaka in that he uses his athleticism to go for weak-side blocks and to recover, but his rotations and awareness aren't yet at the level where you could say he is a 'great' overall defender. He is no doubt very good at defense, but lets stop putting him on a pedestal where that is concerned.

Love is a much better offensive player, he's better at creating his shot, he is years ahead as a shooter, his passing is also years ahead(if you weren't aware, Love is one of the best passing PF's), and his offensive awareness is also much greater.

In a few years, Anthony Davis will be the best PF in the game, but not this year.

Eric Cartman
11-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Except that Davis's defense is reminiscent of Ibaka in that he uses his athleticism to go for weak-side blocks and to recover, but his rotations and awareness aren't yet at the level where you could say he is a 'great' overall defender. He is no doubt very good at defense, but lets stop putting him on a pedestal where that is concerned.

Love is a much better offensive player, he's better at creating his shot, he is years ahead as a shooter, his passing is also years ahead(if you weren't aware, Love is one of the best passing PF's), and his offensive awareness is also much greater.

In a few years, Anthony Davis will be the best PF in the game, but not this year.

This.

nevetslc88
11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
not surprising really.

have you guys seen how gutless Pau has been playing so far?

Johnny Jones
11-08-2013, 11:42 PM

Wat? Opponets FG% at the rim when Anthony is on the floor is second to only Roy Hibbert.

WolfGang
11-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Davis is either the best or in the top 3. He's probably the best defender in the game already at this point. Numbers don't lie, if he keeps it up then everyone will fall in line.

He has a great jumpshot for his age...**** that, for any age.
He's the second best shot blocker next to Hibbert, who is a center.
Hes a great free throw shooter, rebounder and he can even pass.

I don't expect him to score a lot of points all the time because of the talented guards on his team but he is a stat stuffer for sure.

coin24
11-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Pau:facepalm :facepalm

lakerspng
11-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Pau is an old man in the second night of a back to back on the road early in the season with his conditioning not up to mid season level so it's a bit deceiving but... Davis was pretty awesome. Kid is legit. Id still take love over him currently but in a year or two, who knows.

bdreason
11-09-2013, 04:50 AM
his passing is also years ahead(if you weren't aware, Love is one of the best passing PF's), and his offensive awareness is also much greater.

Best passing PF's in the NBA? :oldlol:

Guy hasn't averaged more than 2 APG in his career. He's good at making those full court chest passes, but he's not even close to the best passing big in the NBA.

I'll take AD's defense over Love's perimeter scoring any day of the week.

Magic 32
11-09-2013, 04:55 AM
Pau is an old man in the second night of a back to back

Kobe at the same age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wu7ZPl0oM

33 is no excuse. Especially for Hall of Fame talent like Pau.

Eric Cartman
11-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Kobe at the same age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wu7ZPl0oM

33 is no excuse. Especially for Hall of Fame talent like Pau.

His numbers last year were very similar to KG at the same age.

Sure there is a hall of famer that was done at age 33 or before but he doesn't pop to my head right now.

Edit: Right now he is @ 12 pg on 35% shooting grabbing 10 rebounds a game. We can admitedly say that it is a horrible start, but when the season finish it is realistic for him to be at 15 points a game on 48-50% with the same 10 rebounds a game.

Is he going to play Robin to Batman exceptionally like he did during the 3 straight finals appearances? Hell no.

But he'll be a good role player, in an ideal world a 3rd/4th option.

eliteballer
11-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Pau is 33 but how long as he played professional basketball? Including deep playoff runs? How many summers has he committed to the Spanish national team? It adds up.

Not to mention he's surrounded by trash.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 08:11 AM

I love how you see a player getting a high amount of blocks and automatically in you're shallow head you think "great defense" when that's clearly not the same.

Davis is like Ibaka. They are great at getting blocks and getting them from the weak-side, but they are average or below average one-on-one defenders at this time.

Haks
11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I love how you see a player getting a high amount of blocks and automatically in you're shallow head you think "great defense" when that's clearly not the same.

Davis is like Ibaka. They are great at getting blocks and getting them from the weak-side, but they are average or below average one-on-one defenders at this time.
You've not watched Davis then because his 1-1 defence is spectacular atm and is a great help defender. In both aspects he shits on 80% of big men

andremiller07
11-09-2013, 08:22 AM

He's a lot better than Ibaka he can defend 1 on 1 Ibaka for the most part cannot. Davis against other PF's is above average defender obviously some of the bigger C's can overpower him but those guys overpower 99% of players.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 08:23 AM
He's a lot better than Ibaka he can defend 1 on 1 Ibaka for the most part cannot.
I disagree. He's average at this point.

Meticode
11-09-2013, 08:24 AM
You've not watched Davis then because his 1-1 defence is spectacular atm and is a great help defender. In both aspects he shits on 80% of big men
Oh look, another sheep and knee jerk reaction. Another instance of a player putting up great numbers so people like yourself overrate their defense. :oldlol:

People are like 'OMG DAVIS HELD GASOL TO THIS"

Do you realize Pau f*cking Gasol is player worse than last season? He f*cking sucks this year.

Johnny Jones
11-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I disagree. He's average at this point.
what? Have you watched him play at all this seasin? Did you see him shutdown David West?

I agree with what you're saying if you are talking Anthony last year. But you weren't.

JohnRuck
11-09-2013, 09:16 AM

I disagree. He jumps in advance to the attacker raised up in the post unlike Ibaka who relies more on vertical.

I watch every Pelicans game being I am from NOLA and they are my home town team. He is above average in every aspect of defensive basketball. Watch him play.