PDA

View Full Version : For those getting next-gen consoles...

Shade8780
11-09-2013, 05:53 AM
What will be your launch titles? I'll be getting 2K14 obviously and one of either FIFA 14, COD Ghosts or Battlefield 4 as well. Madden looks very similar to current-gen so I think I'll skip that and I might just wait until my birthday in February to get Live 14. That is if it gets good reviews because it isn't looking too bright for them right now.

bdreason
11-09-2013, 06:32 AM
I pre-purchased FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14. Maybe I'll get BF4 if my flightstick works with the PS4.

S13M
11-09-2013, 07:55 AM
BF4 and Nba 2k14. I still haven't made up my mind which console to buy. I'm waiting for the initial reviews and besides XBOX one releases 2014 quarter 1 in Finland if I end up choosing that over PS4.

Undisputed
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Killzone: Shadow Fall. That game looks all kinds of good. The most hype I've been for a shooter since Halo 3.

Shade8780
11-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Killzone: Shadow Fall. That game looks all kinds of good. The most hype I've been for a shooter since Halo 3.
I might have to look into that.

Rose
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Battlefield 4 is pre-ordered.

And then I might pick up AC 4, or Killzone. But if Amazon matches Target's b2g1 deal then I'm getting those two and probably Knack. Maybe Lego Marvel Superheroes.:banana:

Not interested in 2k/Live/Madden. If there's a demo of 2k/Live that impresses me I might pick it up, but I really really doubt it.

Ironically enough at the GameStop by my campus someone had returned Killzone and they were selling it for $55. I thought about getting it.:lol

outbreak
11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
probably battlefield 4 and dead rising, was hoping to get fifa for free in a pre order deal but I've missed out on the deal so won't bother pre ordering. I'm in no rush though, I have 2k14 on my pc so I'll be playing that awhile.

niko
11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I was playing a demo kit at gamestop yesterday for the PS4 and honestly it doesn't look that much better than this generation. I'm sure it will and don't take it for hate because if i had extra cash i'd have one too, but the first generation titles didn't look very special or that different.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Quick question. Can ps3 users play with ps4 users online in battlefield 4? I'm thinking of buying a ps3 and bf4 come Black Friday.

Rose
11-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Due to Amazon (basically) matching Target's b2g1 deal. I got Killzone and AC 4. Unfortunately they're gonna torture me for a couple days before I can use them.:(

I might pick up 2k if there's a solid black friday/cyber monday deal on it. But aside from that I'm done with ps4 purchases till February with inFamous.

Heavincent
11-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Killzone: Shadow Fall

Shade8780
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I was playing a demo kit at gamestop yesterday for the PS4 and honestly it doesn't look that much better than this generation. I'm sure it will and don't take it for hate because if i had extra cash i'd have one too, but the first generation titles didn't look very special or that different.
I thought the same, until I saw 2K14. I think I would've been able to hold off a year for the PS4 and just buy those games on current-gen, but seeing 2K has me getting one at Christmas. Looks and sounds amazing.

Thorpesaurous
11-11-2013, 03:42 PM
My plan at the moment is to get a PS4 with AC4 and Batman probably in December or early January, which I suppose you could say are not actually launch titles.

outbreak
11-11-2013, 06:29 PM

A lot of the launch games usually don't look much better but we should start seeing improvements through out it's life. They usually have 1 or 2 games specifically built for the new gen that look great too.

Levity
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
i plan on getting a ps4 around the time destiny comes out. dont really know much about the game, or ps4 for that matter. but lately ive been hooked on getting super stoned and playing ps3 or pc games with one of my buddies once or twice a week. and hes pushing the idea of getting a ps4 and destiny when it comes out.

niko
11-11-2013, 07:53 PM
A lot of the launch games usually don't look much better but we should start seeing improvements through out it's life. They usually have 1 or 2 games specifically built for the new gen that look great too.
I know but considering the launch is basically a lot of games also available on PS3 it's more noticable.

I'll need one once Imfamous comes out, i'm a big fan of that series.

glidedrxlr22
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
I didn't preorder a ps4 but I might still get in on the amazon buy 2 get 1 free. That's $40 a game....not bad. I might screw myself if I can't get a system soon and the games are just sitting...collecting dust. :facepalm

Shade8780
11-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Looks like I'll be getting 2K14 and Killzone. There's a bundle over here for €440 that comes with the PS4, an extra Dualshock 4 controller and Killzone. There's also the €15 upgrade for 2K14 from PS3 to PS4 so that's €55 for Killzone, 2K and an extra controller. I amn't jealous of you Americans' B2G1 :oldlol:

Rose
11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't preorder a ps4 but I might still get in on the amazon buy 2 get 1 free. That's $40 a game....not bad. I might screw myself if I can't get a system soon and the games are just sitting...collecting dust. :facepalm
I think you'll be able to get one kinda easy. One of my friends is a manager at gamestop, and he said in addition to the preorders they're selling another 20 at midnight and have another truck of 25 coming in the following morning. And it may be a college town, but it's not a big city really. I think you have a good shot at getting one by Christmas.

glidedrxlr22
11-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I got my console at a Bestbuy midnight launch. It wasn't that difficult since they had about 100-120 systems for non-preorder sale. I also did the buy two get one deal at Fry's. Got Killzone, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed IV. I haven't unboxed it yet.