PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants D.Will?

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Looking for another PG and defense + athleticism.

Also available to use as filler:
Reggie Evans
Mirza Teletovic
Tayshawn Taylor
Toko Shengelia
+
Jason Terry if needed
Mason Plumlee if needed

Let's see what's out there..

BTW, I know he's "overrated", past his prime and overpaid that's why I want him moved if we can get something good back. He'd be a good get for a team with limited chances at free agency.

konex
11-10-2013, 01:39 AM
You can have Nash and Gasol. Deal? :pimp:

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm not desperate... yet.
Throw in a Kobe for JJ swap and yes.

LakersDaBEst
11-10-2013, 01:42 AM

I will throw in D Antoni as well.

inclinerator
11-10-2013, 01:47 AM
jeremy lin and asik

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:53 AM
Teague + Millsap
Lin + Asik + T.Jones + #1
Lawson + Chandler
Conley + Prince
Calderon + Marion + ??
Nelson + Afflalo + ??
Lowry + Gay
Rondo + Lee

The basis of some ideas I had.

VIntageNOvel
11-10-2013, 01:59 AM
you can have anyone not named kobe,

d will + farmar : euroleague gawd backcourt :bowdown:

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 02:01 AM
you can have anyone not named kobe,

d will + farmar : euroleague gawd backcourt :bowdown:
No more Laker offers please.

VIntageNOvel
11-10-2013, 02:03 AM
No more Laker offers please.

:cry:

alec613
11-10-2013, 02:05 AM

Bad deal. Gasol is an expiring contract, and Nash's contract expires next year. Why severely limit your spending power the next year by adding a max-contract guy who isn't even top 20 in the league?

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Hmmm...what about...

Nash, Gasol, Farmar, Young, 2 second rounders
For
D.Will, Teletovic, Terry, Evans, Taylor

D.Williams l Blake l Taylor
Kobe l Terry l Meeks
W.Johnson l Henry
Sh.Williams l Teletovic l Evans
Kaman l Hill l Sacre

Nash l Livingston l Farmar
Johnson l Young l Anderson
Pierce l AK l Toko
Gasol l Blatche
Lopez l KG l Plumlee

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Bad deal. Gasol is an expiring contract, and Nash's contract expires next year. Why severely limit your spending power the next year by adding a max-contract guy who isn't even top 20 in the league?
Because they probably aren't going to do better in free agency and not have near as much cap as people think as they will be paying Kobe $20m+.

They also wanted Deron badly just two summers ago.

alec613
11-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Because they probably aren't going to do better in free agency and not have near as much cap as people think as they will be paying Kobe $20m+.

Lakers are better off not doing better in next year's free agency than acquiring Dwill's contract.

2 years $20m?:D

They also wanted Deron badly just two summers ago.
2 seasons ago, D-Rose was a stud
2 seasons ago, Gasol had a high trade value

To4
11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
and what i read here in ISH is that Nets is DEEP and Very Talented??? hahaha

hawkfan
11-10-2013, 02:41 AM

This is a great deal for the Nets.
Gasol expires this year, and Nash expires next year.

The Nets could get Gasol and then ship him out this year or let him expire. Same thing with Nash.

Or keep both and have a lot of depth.

gyu
11-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Teague + Millsap
Lawson + Chandler
Conley + Prince
Calderon + Marion + ??
Nelson + Afflalo + ??
Lowry + Gay
Rondo + Lee

Considering how garbage DWill is now, you're sure asking for a lot.

Sarcastic
11-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Knicks offer Shumpert, Felton, and Hardaway.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Considering how garbage DWill is now, you're sure asking for a lot.
Well, yeah. There's no point selling him for less.

Worse comes to worst he levels out at 14/8 on 42/35 type numbers which is more than most PG's can offer, but at best he reverts back to what he was the 2nd half of last season (23/8 on 48/42%) which only a few can. The truth is somewhere in between (18/9 on 45/38) which is about what most those guys are.

andremiller07
11-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I doubt at this point the Hawks and the Nuggets if salaries matched would trade Teague/Lawson straight up for Williams, but I still reckon he's a good player would like him on the Kings but yeah got nothing to offer and would not want to give up a lottery pick this year for him.

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Hmmm...what about...

For

Kobe l Terry l Meeks
W.Johnson l Henry
Kaman l Hill l Sacre

Pierce l AK l Toko
Gasol l Blatche
Lopez l KG l Plumlee

Your hate for him is honestly ridiculous if you think this is even just a bad trade, this is one of the worst trades ive ever seen. Deron was clearly the best player on the floor last night, while Lopez was clearly being manhandled in the paint and gave up so many mid range jumpshots it was ridiculous.

InspiredLebowski
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
how bout Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, a top 5 pick and a mid 20s pick?

not trying to troll, but well done Utah.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Your hate for him is honestly ridiculous if you think this is even just a bad trade, this is one of the worst trades ive ever seen. Deron was clearly the best player on the floor last night, while Lopez was clearly being manhandled in the paint and gave up so many mid range jumpshots it was ridiculous.
Yes.. finally Deron played a good game!
Yeah!

Meanwhile, notice Hibbert failed at all his post ups against Brook?
That's not being manhandled. Does he suck being drawn to the perimeter? Yes, but I'd rather opponents' centers be forced to shoot jumpers against him.

Meanwhile, I don't know why this always turns into Lopez vs. D.Will.
I will call out anyone on this team as needed. I'll call out D.Will the most as our "max franchise" player who we catered to for years and barely shows any effort, leadership or emotion.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:27 PM

I don't know how well they did. Denver did better for Melo, Orlando for Howard, NO for Paul, etc.

They are the worst team in the league right now and Favors continues to disappoint/take forever to develop.. Lopez murdered him the other night. Kanter right now is looking much better and even he, I'm not sure he is nearly as good as people think. If they were that good, they wouldn't be terrible.

Meanwhile we got we wanted out of D.Will.. a star to help attract stars and make us relevant, but it's time to move on.

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes.. finally Deron played a good game!
Yeah!

Meanwhile, notice Hibbert failed at all his post ups against Brook?
That's not being manhandled. Does he suck being drawn to the perimeter? Yes, but I'd rather opponents' centers be forced to shoot jumpers against him.

Notice how Lopez failed in every post attempt against Hibbert? He doesnt actually have any post moves, he just out muscles smaller opponents and is a great fnisher, but hes not gonna out muscle Hibbert or Noah which are the two centers that we will have to go through if we want to win the title.

Notice how the Pacers made almost every mid range jumper? You dont want bigs taking that shot against us because that shot is almost a requirement now for a post player and almost everyone can hit it.

Notice how the Nets struggled to get every defensive board and needed at least 4 players in the paint to get it from Hibbert and West and even then, half the time the Pacers would grab it and the Nets would have to scramble and tip it out oftheir hands.

Notice how the only time Lopez started scoring was when Deron took over the game and decided that he was going to create everything in the 4th quarter.

You can win a title with Deron Williams as your PG easily, you cant win one with Brook Lopezas your defensive liability and no rebounding center. Its funny how in the first game where Deron is clearly off his minute limit and is playing against a good team, he steps up. You cant judge any of the games where he had a minute limit. We knew it would take him time to get off the rust and get his conditioning up and now hes playing well. We never know if Lopez is going to improve on the things that are seriously hurting this team.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Notice how Lopez failed in every post attempt against Hibbert? He doesnt actually have any post moves, he just out muscles smaller opponents and is a great fnisher, but hes not gonna out muscle Hibbert or Noah which are the two centers that we will have to go through if we want to win the title.

Notice how the Pacers made almost every mid range jumper? You dont want bigs taking that shot against us because that shot is almost a requirement now for a post player and almost everyone can hit it.

Notice how the Nets struggled to get every defensive board and needed at least 4 players in the paint to get it from Hibbert and West and even then, half the time the Pacers would grab it and the Nets would have to scramble and tip it out oftheir hands.

Notice how the only time Lopez started scoring was when Deron took over the game and decided that he was going to create everything in the 4th quarter.

You can win a title with Deron Williams as your PG easily, you cant win one with Brook Lopezas your defensive liability and no rebounding center. Its funny how in the first game where Deron is clearly off his minute limit and is playing against a good team, he steps up. You cant judge any of the games where he had a minute limit. We knew it would take him time to get off the rust and get his conditioning up and now hes playing well. We never know if Lopez is going to improve on the things that are seriously hurting this team.
Hibbert didn't have a great game on offense (7-17), and Lopez still is one of the best post protectors which I want from my center. Hibbert isn't good on the perimeter either.

Simply put Hibbert is the better player and best defensive center in the game and Lopez still put up 17/7 on him and limited him to jump shots.

Lopez is a top 5 center and we would never be able to come close to obtaining a center anywhere near as good.

D.Will is a top 12 PG right now and PG is the deepest position in the NBA. We can at least find a suitable replacement.

Both are flawed players.
But given Deron's salary and expectations he needs to be much better than he is and 1 game out of 6 doesn't change anything.

And 2 things..
a. Its a bad thing to be stronger than everyone and out muscle them? Ask Shaq about that.
b. Please stop trolling every post of mine and turning it into D.Will vs. Lopez.

This is about D.Will and the Nets, not your irrational love of D.Will/hate of Lopez.
I'm done replying to you.

Brokenbeat
11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Teague + Millsap
Lawson + Chandler
Conley + Prince
Calderon + Marion + ??
Nelson + Afflalo + ??
Lowry + Gay
Rondo + Lee

:biggums:

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Hibbert didn't have a great game on offense (7-17), and Lopez still is one of the best post protectors which I want from my center. Hibbert isn't good on the perimeter either.

Simply put Hibbert is the better player and best defensive center in the game and Lopez still put up 17/7 on him and limited him to jump shots.

Lopez is a top 5 center and we would never be able to come close to obtaining a center anywhere near as good.

D.Will is a top 12 PG right now and PG is the deepest position in the NBA. We can at least find a suitable replacement.

Both are flawed players.
But given Deron's salary and expectations he needs to be much better than he is and 1 game out of 6 doesn't change anything.

And 2 things..
a. Its a bad thing to be stronger than everyone and out muscle them? Ask Shaq about that.
b. Please stop trolling every post of mine and turning it into D.Will vs. Lopez.

This is about D.Will and the Nets, not your irrational love of D.Will/hate of Lopez.
I'm done replying to you.

:lol Someones mad that their argument has lost all legs after Deron returned to form. BTW Lopez is not a top 5 center at all while Deron is easily a top 10 if not top 5 PG when healthy.

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Hmmm...what about...

For

Kobe l Terry l Meeks
W.Johnson l Henry
Kaman l Hill l Sacre

Pierce l AK l Toko
Gasol l Blatche
Lopez l KG l Plumlee
You and I are both infuriated with Deron, you more so than I, but the mindset you have that Nash at 39 would play better than Deron is awful man. We can get much more than Nash for Deron, who is in his prime. Mike Conley or Damian Lillard would be amazing but none are going to happen.

Legends66NBA7
11-10-2013, 12:59 PM
I think the Raptors would invite that trade, but they would want picks back along with D-Will.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:00 PM
:lol Someones mad that their argument has lost all legs after Deron returned to form. BTW Lopez is not a top 5 center at all while Deron is easily a top 5 PG.
??
So D.Will plays his best game.. yet we still lose to a team we beat 3 times last year. The only games we have won, Lopez played well.

PG's I would take over D.Will

Paul
Curry
Parker
Rose
Westbrook
Rondo
Holiday
Rubio
Irving
Wall
Conley
Lillard

C's I take over Lopez:
Howard
M.Gasol
Hibbert
Noah
Duncan (if you consider him a C) and are willing to let him retire in a year or 2

And no, I'm not (trying to ) replying to you because you are on here all day trolling every post I put up as a delusional D.Will homer. I will bash any Net player on the team if they deserve it. You have 1 agenda, prop up D.Will, bash Lopez.

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 01:01 PM
:lol Someones mad that their argument has lost all legs after Deron returned to form. BTW Lopez is not a top 5 center at all while Deron is easily a top 5 PG.
Brook is a top three center. Yes Brook has tendencies to go soft, and I was upset that he had zero points off post ups last game but the close losses we had would have been blowouts had he not showed up. Brook only has to improve on two areas. 1) when he helps he needs to make sure that his original guy is not up his ass waiting to get an offensive rebound, it's happened one to many times so far and cost us a game or two and 2) he needs to have more assists than 0.7 a game..
Deron on the other hand is having problems taking care of the ball, defending, shooting and truly leading this team.

is all hope lost for deron? no, not all hope. he still possesses a 20/10 deep inside him, it's not like he lost all of his skills. it's just lately, he's been a scrub.

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:02 PM
You and I are both infuriated with Deron, you more so than I, but the mindset you have that Nash at 39 would play better than Deron is awful man. We can get much more than Nash for Deron, who is in his prime. Mike Conley or Damian Lillard would be amazing but none are going to happen.
It's not that Nash would play better.. but a. the team does better with Livingston, Gasol could take some KG's minutes as he's been pretty terrible and both expire soon so we could have major cap space starting next summer for a couple summers depending on how we use it. Melo, LMA, Love, LBJ, Rondo, M.Gasol some of the guys the nest 2 years and then the bonanza in 2016.

It's A VC3!!!
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM

The Jazz aren't going to be relevant in the foreseeable future. So, what did they do again?

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 01:04 PM
:biggums:
That reply did not help me one bit.
What does bolding certain trades mean?

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 01:14 PM
??
So D.Will plays his best game.. yet we still lose to a team we beat 3 times last year. The only games we have won, Lopez played well.

PG's I would take over D.Will

Paul
Curry
Parker
Rose
Westbrook
Rondo
Holiday
Rubio
Irving
Wall
Conley
Lillard

C's I take over Lopez:
Howard
M.Gasol
Hibbert
Noah
Duncan (if you consider him a C) and are willing to let him retire in a year or 2

And no, I'm not replying because you are on here all day trolling every post I put up as a delusional D.Will homer. I will bash any Net player on the team if they deserve it. You have 1 agenda, prop up D.Will, bash Lopez.

Actually, no i dont. Deron is being unfairly bashed while people are blatantly ignoring Lopezs flaws, which are unacceptable at his position. Ive criticized Garnett, Ive criticized Blatche and Teletovic, Ive praised Reggie, Ive praised Peirce and Ive praised Joe. My point of view is that you cannot win a championship with Lopez and his flaws, but you can win one with a healthy Deron Williams who is one of the best players in the game, unhealthy Deron sucks we know that.

PGs I would take over him when everyone is healthy:
Paul
Westbrook
Rose

For Potential but not If I want to win now:
Wall
Irving
Lillard
Curry

The other guys arent even in the conversation.

Centers I would take over Lopez right now based on this teams needs:
Howard
M.Gasol
Hibbert
Noah
Duncan
Horford
Chandler
Bogut
Jefferson

For Potential:
Drummond
Vucevic
Sanders

This team needs rebounding and pick and roll defense, especially if Garnett continues to suck if we want to win a championship. Our Perimeter gives us enough scoring already.

I dont want to trade Lopez as I like him as a person and his offensive contribution is great. However, if he doesnt improve on his serious flaws we arent going anywhere but we can win with Deron and his flaws. Thats my main point and I apologize if I insulted you.

kurple
11-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Lawson > Dwill

kurple
11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
just looked at his salary. no way you find someone to take him

i would actually consider a Lawson + McGee -4- Williams and Plumlee trade, just to get rid of McGee

PacerRaptor
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Take George Hill, Granger and a 1st

[GR]
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dE8l6x0.png

kurple
11-10-2013, 02:25 PM
^ masai isnt an idiot

ChuckOakley
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
^ masai isnt an idiot
Agree. That's why he got the hell out of Denver.

hawkfan
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM
The Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik for Deron Williams deal actually isn't bad for both teams.

The Rockets get a better QB at point guard and a solid third option, which they don't have now.

The Nets get another big in Asik to help them against the Pacers and Bulls in the playoffs, and they get Lin who can get to the rim which Williams can't do.

Another deal could be:

Bobcats get

Deron Williams

Nets get

Kemba Walker
Ben Gordon (expirer)

The Nets get younger with Walker, and get Gordon to swap out for another player (maybe send Ben Gordon to New Orleans for Eric Gordon, if the Pelicans want to get Eric Gordon's contract. With this second deal, all of a sudden the Nets have a young backcourt in Kemba Walker and Eric Gordon.

The Bobcats finally land an A level point guard in Williams who can join with Al Jefferson (a Jazz reunion) to give Charlotte a solid, competitive team after a long, long time.

The JKidd Kid
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
The Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik for Deron Williams deal actually isn't bad for both teams.

The Rockets get a better QB at point guard and a solid third option, which they don't have now.

The Nets get another big in Asik to help them against the Pacers and Bulls in the playoffs, and they get Lin who can get to the rim which Williams can't do.

Another deal could be:

Bobcats get

Deron Williams

Nets get

Kemba Walker
Ben Gordon (expirer)

The Nets get younger with Walker, and get Gordon to swap out for another player (maybe send Ben Gordon to New Orleans for Eric Gordon, if the Pelicans want to get Eric Gordon's contract. With this second deal, all of a sudden the Nets have a young backcourt in Kemba Walker and Eric Gordon.

The Bobcats finally land an A level point guard in Williams who can join with Al Jefferson (a Jazz reunion) to give Charlotte a solid, competitive team after a long, long time.

Both deals are awful for the Nets plan of winning this year or next year. Theres only 3 other PGs that I would take over DWill to accomplish that task on this specific team.

atljonesbro
11-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Teague + Millsap
Lawson + Chandler
Conley + Prince
Calderon + Marion + ??
Nelson + Afflalo + ??
Lowry + Gay
Rondo + Lee

Yeah we'll give up our 18/9 pg and 21/8 PF for a piece of sh1t :applause:

kurple
11-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Agree. That's why he got the hell out of Denver.
?

he was the one that built the team in denver, he just felt toronto was home

Dr. Ice
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Lol, teague and millsap for deron? I wouldnt even give you teague alone for deron

BallsOut
11-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Lakers best offer: Steve Nash, Nick Young, Chris Kaman, Sean Williams, and Steve Blake for Deron Williams

imdaman99
11-10-2013, 06:47 PM
DWill + 1st rounder for Westbrook

Get it done Mitch err...

sportjames23
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
D.Will for Jeremy Lin straight up. Do it, Mitch.